Poetry is going Extinct

The clowns here will be the last to wake up, because shit is all they kneeow how to write. If they could produce better they would. So my comments are never aimed at BUTTERs butt k ssers.

I serve you better pointing out how awful your wares are. Check the title of this thread again.

At the end of the day all you serve is yourself, which is fine, you do as you wish. The thing is poetry, music, painting the whole concept of "art" is realistically all self opinionated choice. What we like why we like it. All you offer is "man thats crap," without a depth of explanation, saying that it's self evident is clearly not going to work because it is simply a subjective opinion.

A few of the writrs here have been published and in my opinion deservedly so, I could take a piece go through it line by line explain what and why I see certain things and how it affects me the reader all you offer is irellevant noise.

There is another poet here that I thought you resembled
Sennajawa, however he has actually offered his own writings to be viewed and judged as well as contibuted to the learning and growth of the forum.

His opinion is strong and very often abrasive to others but his thoughts and opinions are valued because he offers more than your "that is crap" mantra.

You still amuse me J-man but it's tinged with a touch of pity, the same way thr cliche'd kid that always gets picked on by the others in school, we all have a whale of a time pointing the finger and sharing in schadenfreude, even as I laugh though I cant help but be hit with a tinge of sadness at how you'll probably never see how pathetic you truly are in others eyes.

Delusion is a wonderful place where unicorns roam, all the women dance naked in the streets and somehow your opinion matters.

Reading poetry is free.

Going to the Opera is very expensive. But now that Opera is available in movie theatres by live transmission, and on DVD, and on YouTube, the numbers of people appreciating Opera is growing.

A few years ago as part of a local festival I organised Pavement Poetry in my town. Passers-by were asked to write a spontaneous poem which would be chalked onto the pavement area by a group of artists. In one day five hundred poems were written and chalked onto the pavement.

I'm not sure that all were spontaneous nor original but the majority were. Most had form and structure. Many had rhyme.

Perhaps what is missing is the media to publish poetry. I receive three monthly magazines from former employers' pensioner groups. There are at least two 'poems' in each issue, even if they are so bad they make me wince with embarrassment.

At the end of the day all you serve is yourself, which is fine, you do as you wish. The thing is poetry, music, painting the whole concept of "art" is realistically all self opinionated choice. What we like why we like it. All you offer is "man thats crap," without a depth of explanation, saying that it's self evident is clearly not going to work because it is simply a subjective opinion.

A few of the writrs here have been published and in my opinion deservedly so, I could take a piece go through it line by line explain what and why I see certain things and how it affects me the reader all you offer is irellevant noise.

There is another poet here that I thought you resembled
Sennajawa, however he has actually offered his own writings to be viewed and judged as well as contibuted to the learning and growth of the forum.

His opinion is strong and very often abrasive to others but his thoughts and opinions are valued because he offers more than your "that is crap" mantra.

You still amuse me J-man but it's tinged with a touch of pity, the same way thr cliche'd kid that always gets picked on by the others in school, we all have a whale of a time pointing the finger and sharing in schadenfreude, even as I laugh though I cant help but be hit with a tinge of sadness at how you'll probably never see how pathetic you truly are in others eyes.

Delusion is a wonderful place where unicorns roam, all the women dance naked in the streets and somehow your opinion matters.

I want LIT poets to wear rainbow striped uniforms while posting their poems. Caps, too.

Rainbow_Wool_Stripe_Jumper_OSC.jpg

Various styles of art go dormant for a while, the re-emerge when they find relevance in the new paradigm. Look at sculpting, for instance. It was a big deal in classical times, then all but vanished in medieval times, then came back for a brief bit in the renaissance, faded into the background in the classical era, and didn't really come back again until the early impressionists. Now, sculpting is all over the place, but technology allows it to exist as a wide variety.
You look at poetry and yes, it's kind of receding in its traditional form. But look at music: lots of styles of rock music and especially, especially rap are essentially poetry put to a beat. Slam is a pretty big thing right now too. I have a friend that makes a living off of it. It's not dead, it's evolving, like sculpture and music and language.

It's (poetry) not dead, it's evolving, like sculpture and music and language.

Extinction and evolution are two sides of the same coin. Both are necessary processes in the development of all arts. Most art contemporary to any particular era is crap, the good stuff tends to last.

Most extinctions should be welcomed - and not feared.

How many poetry books you got?

zero

I'll entertain anyone for a while, but you've had over a 18 months to make a difference in my life.

Come up with some new material. Please. I'm tempted to push the Big Button labeled SMARTBOMB.

If Poetry is going extinct, it's because we've been waiting and waiting and waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is. Which is your ass.

Extinction and evolution are two sides of the same coin. Both are necessary processes in the development of all arts. Most art contemporary to any particular era is crap, the good stuff tends to last.

I can agree with you, but for me (and I put out regional anthologies that include poetry), poetry, for a large part, has turned to affected prose and lost meter and rhyme. And thus, for me, if not dead, much of it is on life support and I've pulled the plug on reading it for pleasure.

I'll entertain anyone for a while, but you've had over a 18 months to make a difference in my life.

Come up with some new material. Please. I'm tempted to push the Big Button labeled SMARTBOMB.

If Poetry is going extinct, it's because we've been waiting and waiting and waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is. Which is your ass.

If you go away we'll both be happier.

Back