Walker Paradise (OOC)

MisterChino

Really Experienced
Hey there! So, I am here in the Online Role Playing forum for a change, seeking for a change of pace from the SRPs that I am currently engaged in. As you might have already deduced, Walker Paradise will be an apocalyptic genre roleplay with specific focus on zombies. Yes, I know... there are already a ton of zombie roleplays, many like this, but this is mine. I'm seeking both male and female roleplayers for this group. So if you are interested, please feel free to post your ideas here. Once we get characters established and kinks worked out, we will all agree on an official start date for the roleplay. That is the intent - we shall see how it all plays out.

So here are some specific storyline details that I feel will set this roleplay apart from others:

Main antagonistic NPC - Humans infected with a parasitic virus that starts off by deterioriating the brain (eats away and "corrupts" the major hemispheres and "stem" of the brain) to the point where it is able to control the host to perform basic functions, such as walking and indistinct vocalisations. In order for the virus to survive, since it has taken over the host body, it requires the "oxygenated" flesh and proteins of other organisms, or until it has taken over another host.

I'd be interested. Don't have any particular ideas to add at the moment though.

I'd be interested. Don't have any particular ideas to add at the moment though.

Great! Welcome. I'm still formulating ideas. Feel free to voice your ideas/injects.

----

For those of you who watch the Walking Dead or have READ the BOOK World War Z, the zombies take on similar characteristics and attributes. These are as follows:

1. Infection is spread primarily by the mouth (the virus is not airborne, waterborne, etc.) The "nucleus," if you will, of virus/parasite gather around the teeth of the human host. The virus is typically spread and infects a new host when the teeth has come in contact with an open wound. Hence superficial scratches and other exposed injuries will not simply manifest into an infection. Once in the bloodstream, the amount of time varies, as expected, from host to host (contributing factors are health of existng immune system, cholesterol levels, etc.) for the parasite to travel to the brain and take hostage of the cerebral mass.

2. The parasite requires a living host that has not already been infected. Similarly, the parasite is only able to control the human host, and where as other organisms are unaffected. However, as mentioned previous, an infected human host will attack all living organisms that has a rich protein base.

More to follow.

Put me down for a spot. If you get enough people to join I'll make a character or two

I like the idea. I have had an ad like this posted in the srp forum but got no reply so i dumped it.
I'll be happy to play a character and i have some ideas too if you'll need 'em.
Oh and i have a question...the zombies are they drawn to sound and smell like in the walking dead series?
Zombies, how fast are they, world war z or walking dead?

I like the idea. I have had an ad like this posted in the srp forum but got no reply so i dumped it.
I'll be happy to play a character and i have some ideas too if you'll need 'em.
Oh and i have a question...the zombies are they drawn to sound and smell like in the walking dead series?
Zombies, how fast are they, world war z or walking dead?

You are definitelt welcomed here! Excellent question. I had planned on adding those to the current ideas that I have.

1. The zombies will be drawn to sound and scent. For the most part, general stimuli is what will provoke action and movement. However, their vision will be severely degraded and barely has any functional use for the infected human host; such that vague shadows and outlines are barely distinguishable.

2. These zombies will not run. (Your reference to World War Z and Walking Dead is a bit complex; in the World War Z BOOK, the zombies do not run, however, it is depicted quite differently in the movie.) The zombies will possess a degree of speed; speedwalking at best. However, that is dependent on the degardation of the human host body overtime and varies from host to host.

1. The zombies will be drawn to sound and scent. For the most part, general stimuli is what will provoke action and movement. However, their vision will be severely degraded and barely has any functional use for the infected human host; such that vague shadows and outlines are barely distinguishable.

2. These zombies will not run. (Your reference to World War Z and Walking Dead is a bit complex; in the World War Z BOOK, the zombies do not run, however, it is depicted quite differently in the movie.) The zombies will possess a degree of speed; speedwalking at best. However, that is dependent on the degardation of the human host body overtime and varies from host to host.[/QUOTE]

I see...i perfectly understand.
Another question...hope you don't mind.
If the zombie bite...let say a hardboiled soldier, will he be any different in speed, aggressiveness etc to the normal host.

My guess is that if a soldier or other athletic person was zombified they'd be a little bit stronger and faster. Just like actual people. A guy who plays basketball everyday will have more stamina and muscle mass than a guy who sits around his house and eats Cheetos all day (me lol). But after a while it wouldn't really matter because of decay. You may work out now, but we all rot in the end *long evil laugh*

Great questions.

Moose brings up several good points. However, speed, aggression, and strength are associated with "higher" level cognitive functions. So as humans, you train for those attributes. After sucessfully training for those skills, you have the OPTION for strength, speed, and "aggression." Just because you train to be strong, doesnt mean you will rip off a door everytime you open one; you cognitively control the amount of force exerted for a particular action.

With that being said, since the parasites degrade cognitive abilities, it is unlikely for the attributes to be reflected in the infected host. However, physical attributes of the infected host will come in to play. For example, if the infected host was wearing body armor or face shield at the time, you wont be able to simply hack through them. If the infected host has a metal plate transplanted into their head, likewise, there will be a bit of difficulting slashing through their head.

I get it so far.
Now let's hear what you have. Lay the cards down.
What happened?
What the story behind this hordes of undeads?
What and who are we?
Where are we?
And what's our goal? Well scratch that, my goal is to survive...but if it's a zombie thing like "house of the dead 2" where the goal was to obtain blood sample from the chief host, then we will have to do more than just survive.

What happened?

The discovery of the virus can be open to ideas. I've come across many different theories from books to movies as to the origination of a "zombie virus," whether it's spiritual or lab-developed. We can either determine this as part of the storyline, or decide on it now; I can go either way. However, if I were to pick the origination, I would have to say that it would derive from a scientific lab of a vaccine manufacturer R&D branch. The premise would be that they were developing vaccine to battle another virus that is of global epidemic proportions. As with any vaccine, a small live sample of the virus strain is introduced to a healthy human body (intravebous, intranasal, etc.). The product goes through expedited testing, and is soon available on the global market place. The success rate becomes apparent, however, the strain begans to mutate after several trials and production lines. The virus continues to mutate until it becomes the strain that infects humans and turns them against another. The number of persons initially infected are significant as the trial population used for the continuous testing are the poor and transients. Thusly, the infections are undocumented. Soon around the world, reports of horrifying crimes emerge ranging from unprovoked assaults to cannabilism. The number of patients admitted to the hospitals are also on the rise, while hospital staff determine how to control the admitted patients. Meanwhile, the CDC and other World Health Organizations are working hard to determine the outbreak. Anarchy spreads as politicians and law enforcement are unable to calm the hysteria. Meanwhile, the population of walkers continue to grow, taking advantage of the situation, as citiies and countries are unable to control the lawlessness.

Not to seem interrogative or unproductive but so far, you have only answered one and two of my questions.

The zombie infection, How bad is it? Should we expect something like the walking dead bad where they are on every street, or ....
I haven't really gotten the part where i come in and what my goal. Please it should be something better than surviving. Something that a character can die for.

OK you are all talking of something I love, though at times I do check shadows after watching a zombie movie.

I want to join up, for this one simple reason: Classic zombies.

Now as it is Chino's idea, I would like to run a plan by him, he can decide if he likes it or not.

What if this virus is not something purposefully created, but is more likely created from an accident. Now bear with me, I am not talking of a scientist working with chemicals, he drops a bit of somewhat into a beaker of somethat and BOOM! out comes flesh eating bacteria which turns said scientist into Patient X with the blood-froth on his lips.

Consider this:

Denk Corp is a front for a Black Project research facility, in this facility you will find the usual pharmaceutical research needed to get this Corporation the trust it needs for funding. In the sub-sub basement is where the fun starts, there you will find all the kind of research that makes nuclear holocaust fears look like a pin-prick, all of the research is under contract from, surprise surprise, the government.

There is an earthquake, though no structural damage is done, the sudden tremors upsets a vial, which crashes on to a workstation, an electrical fire erupts, the volatile fluids take flame and within moments the workbench is on fire. The fire ignites the gas line, burns the cut-off valve and an explosion rips the electrical and gas lines apart. This result in the failure of the fire alarm to go off, the gas line ruptures upward, destroying all safety seals, leaving a trial of flame and destruction in its wake.

The following explosions decimate the building, releasing a poisonous gas into the air. As the fire are battled and finally won, the mixture of medicine, experimental fluids and bacteria collects in the lowest part of the structure, where it drains through a crack in the wall and into the ground water system. This mixture ends up poisoning a few water wells before it becomes too diluted to do any further harm. One of these water wells is for human consumption on a near-by farm...

You can guess the rest :D

Now that's an idea....i mean perfecto! You really have to consider this guys.
I support that theory...gives the people someone (the government) to blame when they find out, it's accepted by me.
I have two hands up here guys lol

I mighta missed it but the one question that springs to mind is where exactly would the thread start? Would it be during the initial stages of the infection while society crumbles? Or right after the fact or even several years after it all goes to shit?

I loved World War Z (the book of course). So I'm even more in now.

I mighta missed it but the one question that springs to mind is where exactly would the thread start? Would it be during the initial stages of the infection while society crumbles? Or right after the fact or even several years after it all goes to shit?

I vote for the aftermath. When things are really cooked and fucked up.

Finally caught a bit of a break to continue my response.

What the story behind this hordes of undeads?

There are many theories as to why zombies are drawn together, foming a horde (others reference it to a herd).

As mentioned previously, the infected host is drawn to stimuli. Whether it be noise or scent, the walker will be drawn to the source of the stimulus. Thus, as a walker draws closer to another walker, their subtle motion and noises attract each other, therefore creating an enclosed-perpetuating loop of movement until the infected hosts have identified each other as not being a suitable source of protein. The horde grows in size as the stimuli produced by the large gathering continues to attract any outlying Zs, until a more significant stimuli (ie. Running humans, moving vehicles, explosions, etc.) attract the attentiom of the entire horde.

What and who are we?
Where are we?
And what's our goal?

Our characters will be human survivors. Your individual characters and self description is entirely up to you. However, I ask that your character build be realistic, in other words, possess flaws that can endanger themselves, the group, or both.

As for location, I haven't determined one yet and I was hoping to get some ideas from you all. We can do either rural, urban, or a mix. Or... ou characters can start out in our own storyline before colliding with another character when the time is appropriate. Up to you all.

Goal: Beside surviving, will be individually based. When providing your character build, you should state the motive(s) fo your character. You can get as descriptive as you want with this, and there is no wrong answer. Some may choose to seek a cure, others may want to seek power and authority, some simply want to rebuild, whatever it may be. The unifying goal is to live and survive. I can't see how this would be any other way. The search for a cure or development of a faux/interim authority may be secondary goals to that.

The zombie infection, How bad is it? Should we expect something like the walking dead bad where they are on every street, or ....
I haven't really gotten the part where i come in and what my goal. Please it should be something better than surviving. Something that a character can die for.

I vote for the aftermath. When things are really cooked and fucked up.

I feel that these ideas all fall within the same line. I would have to agree with you all that the time period we will be playing will be perhaps 2-3 years in the aftermath, after all existing governments and authority are null, and the world's human population has become "extinctively" low.

What if this virus is not something purposefully created, but is more likely created from an accident. Now bear with me, I am not talking of a scientist working with chemicals, he drops a bit of somewhat into a beaker of somethat and BOOM! out comes flesh eating bacteria which turns said scientist into Patient X with the blood-froth on his lips.

Consider this:

Denk Corp is a front for a Black Project research facility, in this facility you will find the usual pharmaceutical research needed to get this Corporation the trust it needs for funding. In the sub-sub basement is where the fun starts, there you will find all the kind of research that makes nuclear holocaust fears look like a pin-prick, all of the research is under contract from, surprise surprise, the government.

There is an earthquake, though no structural damage is done, the sudden tremors upsets a vial, which crashes on to a workstation, an electrical fire erupts, the volatile fluids take flame and within moments the workbench is on fire. The fire ignites the gas line, burns the cut-off valve and an explosion rips the electrical and gas lines apart. This result in the failure of the fire alarm to go off, the gas line ruptures upward, destroying all safety seals, leaving a trial of flame and destruction in its wake.

The following explosions decimate the building, releasing a poisonous gas into the air. As the fire are battled and finally won, the mixture of medicine, experimental fluids and bacteria collects in the lowest part of the structure, where it drains through a crack in the wall and into the ground water system. This mixture ends up poisoning a few water wells before it becomes too diluted to do any further harm. One of these water wells is for human consumption on a near-by farm...

Not sure if you read my idea for the origination of the outbreak. I like your idea; it's interesting.

This could very well be the premise of the outbreak; your idea definitely has a more chemical influence as oposed to biological. The thing I like about your idea, is that a chemical attack often results range from temporary side effects to instant death. It can very well be neutralized, however, would take more research.

Not sure if you read my idea for the origination of the outbreak. I like your idea; it's interesting.

This could very well be the premise of the outbreak; your idea definitely has a more chemical influence as oposed to biological. The thing I like about your idea, is that a chemical attack often results range from temporary side effects to instant death. It can very well be neutralized, however, would take more research.

I read your idea and it sounded like a lot of the new Zombie movies, I know for a fact that I am Legend's start and premise of the infection was in there. But I just like this idea as it just gives you a bigger range to work with and not that it is just some mutated virus

Back