As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time I fuck I'm going to have my steth around my neck, listening the whole time, and with my fingers I will be palpating the femoral pulse to see if there is harmony.
 
It's the little things I love about my job...like jacking off the ice machine.
It takes forever. I'm like: come on baby gimme that ice.

The ice has turned into tepid water.


12 hours is a long time to be pulled around on a leash, don't ya think?

Next time I fuck I'm going to have my steth around my neck, listening the whole time, and with my fingers I will be palpating the femoral pulse to see if there is harmony.

You're back in the right direction, one that could be mistaken for a fever.
 
I am not jaded. There are some wonderful doctors out there. We can't do it alone. The residents have to learn and they will learn. We all learn and it is a team effort. :heart:

Look at it this way: shocking a flat line isn't going to hurt. It just won't help either. My guess is he won't forget now. Not sure how he got to cardiology residency without knowing that though.

Yeah you can't ever tell a patient bad things about a doctor. It is not therapeutic for the patient. We have to manage them up: You are in very good hands etc. Being sick and in the hospital is scary enough for them.


Also look at it this way: Regular doctors are not running the ACLS bedside. It is the intensivists, ICU nurse, Respiratory, House Officer etc... If it is in the ER- the ER docs know what to do. If it is pre-hospital...the medics.

In fact I couldn't imagine a code pre-hospital. In house we have a whole team: 2 on the chest switching, med nurse, respiratory bagging/intubating (or anesthesia intubating), recording nurse, nurse drawing labs, secretary printing morning labs, primary nurse giving history, nurse calling or consoling family, nurse on the lifePAK ready to shock/charging, and a doctor calling out for stuff, and a room full of residents.

My favorite role is recorder secretary. I get to absorb the whole scene and lend another pair of eyes. My least favorite role is on the chest of course. Luckily our techs can do it for us.

I'm Jaded. But not towards docs. I don't have to work with them unless they happen to show up at a MVC. Today I'm pissed at firefighters. I hate politics especially when it motivates fire departments to stonewall others. Meetings for the next few weeks ought to be tense.
 
I'm Jaded. But not towards docs. I don't have to work with them unless they happen to show up at a MVC. Today I'm pissed at firefighters. I hate politics especially when it motivates fire departments to stonewall others. Meetings for the next few weeks ought to be tense.
Get your stress relieved before going to the meetings. Don't show up with angsty balls.
 
The critical care tech is a big strong man. The hours spin like minutes and I am whirling in task mode. I need a patient boost. He gives me a boost and we find the bed wet. So we change it. We change wet beds like we change our own underwear, easy.

I put the fitted sheet to the bed on my side; all the dirty linens are rolled under the patient. The sheet is inside out, no big deal to me, I am busy and my mind is travelling to what I have to do next.

CCT: No.
Me: No what?
CCT: The sheet is inside out.
Me: <gives the look> <my back is breaking> <kidding me>
CCT: Yeah, I am one of those.
Me: <stares at him for a minute> <blush><flips the sheet around>
Me: Do you know me?
CCT: That is better.

Accountability from small to tall, it is just a fitted sheet till it is more than a fitted sheet.
 
It is a great idea. If only I could get my words out of the clouds in my head. :heart:

I think you could do it by going through this thread and copying/pasting posts into a wordprocessor. Then a little editing here and there, maybe fleshing some out or footnoting them...

I find your stream-of-conciousness writing very enjoyable. Your viewpoint is a lot of fun to read.
 
I think you could do it by going through this thread and copying/pasting posts into a wordprocessor. Then a little editing here and there, maybe fleshing some out or footnoting them...

I find your stream-of-conciousness writing very enjoyable. Your viewpoint is a lot of fun to read.
Thank you. :heart: Maybe one of these days dear, one day.
 
Get your stress relieved before going to the meetings. Don't show up with angsty balls.

I'm getting over it. A little bit of ACLS training provides for a good distraction. Its also satisfying knowing that while the FD can sandbag us in a drill, when it comes time to do the real thing they are clueless. Beside this whole event will be worked out of the EOC. Hopefully they will not be influenced by the same politics that the FD was influenced by.
 
Me: Mr. Smith it's time for your CT scan.
Patient: What are you? A stand up comic?
Me: Haha! Let's go. Jump up on that stretcher!
 
Come on night nurse! I'm going to cream! I have a spool waiting for me out by the dumpsters. I love spools.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top