Feeling Drawn in...

BillThistle

Virgin
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Posts
10
I feel drawn and wondered why. Looking in a crystal I see a vision.

'We met in the 12th Century Korea. I was a young page in the Emperors Place; you a hand maiden to a Princess from a southern Island.

We caught each others eyes in a passage way preparing for a trip to Hwaeomsa for Cherry Blossom ceremony. On the road, I lent my horse when your went lame and you rode mine. I walked and you talked softly with another maiden on another horse next to mine. Your voice was lyrical and soft. You giggled and laugh with your friend and made me so curious to know you better. On the seventh evening of our journey you sent me a poem,

'Wisteria does not blossom with out the bee.
Humming birds do not fly with out the nectar of the wisteria
come my little bug and gather some pollen'

We delighted in our closeness and shared pollen. Kissed and touched with kindness and passion. In the morning, your groom said your horse could be rode again. I followed from the end of our entourage the rest of the way. Court customs did not bring us together again.

That's why we feel this drawing together.."



Bill Thistle

Copyright © 2014
 
What exactly are you posting this for?

BTW You can't copyright messages posted on bulletin boards. That's why the quote function exists.
 
Well, you could copyright what you posted to an forum, but the OP hasn't (if he's U.S.-based). When the United States signed the Berne Convention, the use of the copyright symbol became something you could legally use only if you had actually obtained formal copyright by registering it. It's supposed to mean you did register it.
 
"I lent my horse when your(s) went lame." "And you rode mine", made me wonder for a second what she rode besides the horse. "I walked" well, you gave up your horse, so unless you could fly. . ."with another maiden (on a horse beside mine is totally unnecessary to the sentence and the story. How many times are you going to tell us she rode his horse?

"You giggled and laugh(ed).

"Your soft voice and quiet laughter made me curious to know you better.

In the morning your groom said your horse could be (ridden) again.
 
Well, you could copyright what you posted to an forum, but the OP hasn't (if he's U.S.-based). When the United States signed the Berne Convention, the use of the copyright symbol became something you could legally use only if you had actually obtained formal copyright by registering it. It's supposed to mean you did register it.

You're quite right in principle but quite a few authors posting snatches on the forum think that adding © means something. Same for the story site.
 
Well, you could copyright what you posted to an forum, but the OP hasn't (if he's U.S.-based). When the United States signed the Berne Convention, the use of the copyright symbol became something you could legally use only if you had actually obtained formal copyright by registering it. It's supposed to mean you did register it.

That's not entirely correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention
Copyright under the Berne Convention must be automatic; it is prohibited to require formal registration (note however that when the United States joined the Convention in 1988, it continued to make statutory damages and attorney's fees only available for registered works).
...
Under the Convention, copyrights for creative works are automatically in force upon their creation without being asserted or declared. An author need not "register" or "apply for" a copyright in countries adhering to the Convention.

http://copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html
Do I have to register with your office to be protected?

No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”

Why should I register my work if copyright protection is automatic?

Registration is recommended for a number of reasons. Many choose to register their works because they wish to have the facts of their copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration. Registered works may be eligible for statutory damages and attorney's fees in successful litigation. Finally, if registration occurs within 5 years of publication, it is considered prima facie evidence in a court of law. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration” and Circular 38b, Highlights of Copyright Amendments Contained in the Uruguay Round Agreements Act (URAA), on non-U.S. works.

Technically, using the copyright symbol doesn't really gain you anything, and not using it doesn't really lose you anything. There is no visible distinction between unregistered and registered copyright like there is for trademarks, but it seems that like trademarks, you need the registered sort to have any real legal standing. An unregistered copyright is a bit like a dog pissing on a tree, other dogs will know about it but they don't have to care.

That said, it is a bit silly to slap a copyright notice on a story that's all of three paragraphs and seems like it's supposed to be the start of something longer, especially posted in a forum.
 
Just curious....is this part of a story you've published somewhere? It Sounds interesting.
 
Back
Top