A woman living in Madrid, forced to sell her body for economic reasons.

Why does it have to be Madrid? I'm sure they have plenty of prostitutes in, say, Seville or Barcelona. Or, for that matter, New Delhi, Shanghai, Sao Paolo, or Skagway Alaska.
 
Last edited:
Una Madrileña, an assistant curator of 18th Century Art at the Prado, is distressed to learn that Spain's economic collapse has brought about a massive reduction in government support, and the museum may have to sell some of its collection. The curator-in-chief, however, has another plan.

He calls Maria Magdalena, the assistant curator and the prettiest girl on staff, to his office. She arrives, certain she is to be fired for "economic reasons," and that is exactly what he tells her. She is crestfallen: not only would she loose her intimate access to the art she loves, she would also be unable to find another job in the sagging economy..

"Is there nothing I can do to stay here, Señor?" she begs.

"Si, señorita," he replies, "I have another plan."

And so our heroine is forced for national and personal economic reasons to sell her body. But not as a common prosituta. The Curator will have her play the model in paintings from the Prado's collection for the pleasure of visiting art historians from around the world. This way, she will continue to receive her salary, the museum will gain funds to maintain its collection, and the nation will gain much-needed foreign revenue.

Maria Magdalena sees no other option, and finds herself forced to sell her body. Her first role is "la maja desnuda."

(And Moni, if you like the story, please send me a Nebraska Burger from the Cafeteria of that name on Calle de Goya. ;) )
 
Last edited:
Back
Top