The Second Place Sister: Author's responses

What did you think of the first book?

  • Loved it

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It's OK

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stop writing and kill yourself

    Votes: 2 66.7%

  • Total voters
    3

Hamlin

Erotic Author
Joined
Apr 3, 2015
Posts
1
First of all, I want to say thanks to all of you for your really great comments, all the messages, and the positive response to my first story. Rather than sending messages to all of you to answer your questions, I thought I'd just open up a thread, since some people had the same questions. Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from all of you.

Story link: https://www.literotica.com/s/the-second-place-sister

1: I realize that there were a couple small formatting errors with 2 of the chapter headings. They looked fine in the preview mode, but the final submission came out a little different. I'll absolutely be more thorough in future submissions so it doesn't happen again.

2: Why did Stephanie get off so easily?

I've gotten this question a lot, and the answer is actually quite simple. Tori is the bigger person. Despite all the awful things her sister puts her through, Tori ultimately forgives Stephanie, as does her family. It's human nature to want to seek revenge first, but I thought that a revenge theme would be unsatisfying, and make the story even darker. It's not something that I would enjoy reading, which is why I wrote it in the first place.

3: Will you write about Cindy's story?

Cindy began as a very minor character. She was really only there to serve as Tori's real introduction into her bisexuality. The problem came when Tori was getting ready to leave the clinic. It actually broke my heart that Cindy was getting left behind, and the thought of her all alone and sad was actually more than I could take. I ended up fleshing her out a bit, fell in love with her naive personality, and she actually became my favorite character to write. I guess the answer is, I would love to write Cindy's story at some point.

4: Utterly unbelievable story. You have no idea how legal procedure works.

If I were a legal expert, I probably wouldn't take the time to write a porn story. It's complete fantasy. Thanks for taking the time to write to me, though. I appreciate all feedback.

5: I'd like to see more of Melanie's relationship with her son.

The first book was much more focused on Tori and Stephanie, and I didn't want to take away from their story. There will, likely, be more happening with Mike and Melanie as time goes on.

6: Melanie's age didn't add up. Mike is 20, she's 35, but you said she had him at 18. That would make her 38.

This was a missed correction. Literotica rejected the story because I made a passing mention of Melanie getting pregnant at a younger age. To get the story approved, I had to push her age up by a few years. Unfortunately, I also missed a sentence in which I stated her exact age. For the purposes of Literotica, Melanie is 38, John is 39, Mike is 20, Stephanie and Tori are 18, and Cindy is 19.

7: Why does Tori's character start out strong, and then become so submissive?

If you'll recall Tori's time in the clinic, Dr. Travers, one of the foremost minds in hypnotherapy, made Tori very open to suggestion as part of her "reprogramming". From then on, Tori had a hard time saying "no" to just about anything.

That covers what I've gotten so far. Again, thanks for all the great feedback. I can't believe the response I've gotten with the story only being live for a day. I encourage all feedback, whether you love it or hate it.
 
Incredible

I'm such a huge fan of this story. Any update on part 2? Do you know of any stories that are similar? I just can't get enough!
 
Back
Top