The Snow Queen - OOC

TearsoftheWorld

Radical Dreamer
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Posts
16,002
This role play is partially inspired by the movie Frozen, as well as a few other fantasy sources, including a very old thread that I was a part of back in my early days.

In a certain world there exists a special academy, one that caters to beings of incredible magical prowess.
One of the teachers, a woman who can create and control the powers of ice and snow, is actually a dragon, and as the last of her kind she secretly wishes to recreate the world and not have to hide who she truly is.​
 
Ariesa_zpsf05834d5.jpg


Name: Ariesa
Age: Immortal (Snow Dragon)
Appears: 20
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Appearance: Ariesa is a tall woman appearing in her early twenties. She has long dark hair, fair skin, and bright blue eyes. She tends to wear light-colored clothes, especially blue. On both wrists she wears a pair of silver cuffs, and she is hardly ever seen with them off.

[Once she gets her powers back, Ariesa has platinum blonde hair and she wears a crystal-blue, off-the-shoulder dress made out of ice with powder blue sleeves. Underneath the sleeves of her dress is a long, transparent cape of sheer material draped down from her sleeves and covered with big snowflakes.

As a dragon, Ariesa is immense in size and stature, and her scales are a brilliant white, almost glittering like freshly fallen snow. Her horned head rests atop a long neck, and two powerful wings jut out from her back, allowing her to move freely in any number of directions. Sharp spines protrude from her back, but they can be flattened down to allow passengers to ride on her.

Abilities:
Ariesa has complete control over snow and ice. She doesn't have to be near water to use her powers, something that most people with cryokinesis seem to rely on. Ariesa can use her powers to create objects as small as snowflakes, or objects as tall and strong as a castle.

Her powers are also linked to her emotions. The more emotional she is... the stronger she is.

Biography / History:
A long time ago, dragons were some of the most majestic creatures ever to grace the planet. Their powers became a source of great interest for many of the lesser races, and they were hunted down to a small number, their powers practically stolen away. Ariesa, so far as she knows, is one of the last surviving dragons. She doesn't necessarily hate the "lesser" races, but she does dream of a world where she can freely spread her wings again.

At some point in time she was hired as a teacher at the Tower Academy, hoping beyond hope to find someone able to help break her bonds.

white_dragon_zps2779a42f.jpg
 
Last edited:
The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand in the light of day
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway
 
Dragon_Hunter_by_88grzes.jpg


*This character will come into play a bit later in the story*

Name: Edward [Placeholder until I can think of something better]
Age: 67
Race: Human

Edward is a skilled hunter that descends from a long line of monster slayers.
 
Last edited:
Hello there

Love to chat about your idea. I can totally see the hunter being seduced by his prey. Love to see if you'd care to read a bit of a a story iv'e begun as well. Hope to hear from you.
 
Love to chat about your idea. I can totally see the hunter being seduced by his prey. Love to see if you'd care to read a bit of a a story iv'e begun as well. Hope to hear from you.

You can send me the link if you want, but I don't think that I want to go that route with the hunter. I have a different story arc in mind. Thank you regardless.
 
New addition maybe?

Hi. It seems you don't have many members here. I was wondering if I could join. Here is my character info:

Name: Ias (eye-us)
Sex: Female
Age: Ageless (appearance seems 16-18, but she has been alive hundreds of years)
Race: Plane touched (Angelic)
Class: Assasin
Weight: 85lbs
Height: 4'9"
Hair Color: Silver
Hair Style: Hip Length
Eye Color: Violet
Body Type: Slender
Personality: Quiet, Shy, Slightly Dependant, Constantly Aroused (Secretly)
Intrest: Lesbian (Will have sex with anyone if desperate)

Backstory:
Ias was from a small village in the planes of destruction. Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tornados, and other natural disasters occured several times daily. She was to marry the son of another family to create peace between two cities. Because she was lesbian, she really didn't like it. The night before they got married, the groom was supposed to impregnate Ias so she couldn't back out. She has an unnaturally tight pussy though, so when the boy tried to penetrate her, it hurt too much and she pushed him away. He stubmled backwards until he landed on a sword. Ias ran away after this.
She was found by an elderly man one day in a different city. Cold, hungry, and dirty, he took her in. She later learned he was a master assasin. The man trained her to become one as well. Ias never became comfortable with killing. The old man became like a father to her, and Ias a daughter to him. One night, after finding out about the man's past, the royal guard took him and Ias and executed them.
Ias was meant for something very important, so the God(s) brang her back and made her immortal. She has been Exploring the world since then. Getting money from being an assasin. She still hasn't found what the God(s) meant for her to do.
 
Last edited:
I was wondering if you could share the story arc that you did have in mind for the hunter. Might give inspiration to those who find your story interesting.
 

Asha-102736060003_zpse198627a.jpeg


Name: Ellie Crystal
Age: 18
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Blue

Appearance: Ellie is short (just over five feet) and slender, almost unnaturally pale, with long hair as blue as her sky blue eyes. She tends to wear dark outfits, often leathery with headgear, making her look paler still.

She is, generally, optimistic and cheerfully flirtatious, but when the chips are down she's capable of toggling a sort of "pathological hyper-focus" in which she is almost completely emotionless and cold, but able to use her abilities to a greater precision and extent.

sample-c4041035a129e6b56f156962affb505a_zpscb75fc0f.jpg


Abilities:
While she has neither the capacity for power output possessed by Ariesa, nor the precise control that Ariesa demonstrates (not even at her most focused), Ellie's natural magical gifts tend towards the cryomantic in nature. Unlike Ariesa, Ellie requires a ready supply of water in order to form ice and snow-- but Ellie also possesses a degree of general hydromantic talent, enabling her to manipulate water in non-frozen states. Presumably, as her powers develop, Ellie would be able to form ice constructs out of water evaporated in the air, or call water to her from great distances in order to engage in snowcraft.

Biography / History:
Ellie is a student at The Tower Academy, and a mentee of Ariesa. She's the only person in her hometown with magical ability, and feels some amount of pressure to perform so she can use that ability to make her town a better place.

ShockBlast_draft_lens16409221module140140011photo_1292168571blue_hair_pictures1_large_zps99816647.jpg
 
I was wondering if you could share the story arc that you did have in mind for the hunter. Might give inspiration to those who find your story interesting.

I've been meaning to update that post for a few days now.

The story will go something like this: Ariesa is freed from the bonds restricting her powers, but her magic starts to negatively affect the world around her. Edward (the dragon slayer) takes it upon himself to rid the world of yet another "beast".
 
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

...so what sort of time period is this?

Is it modern-day, like "Harry Potter," or are we thinking more like Westeros?
 
Hey.

What exactly would you be looking for in prospective male characters?
 
Hey.

What exactly would you be looking for in prospective male characters?

Well, there's definitely room available for a variety of characters. Antagonists, protagonists, anti-heroes, etc. The son / nephew of the dragon slayer could be more kind-hearted since he's never had to fight against anyone like Ariesa.
 
*sends appropriate and respectable holiday greetings, to the mite of everyone, 'round**before**turning toward....Miss "TearsoftheWorld", scheming....gambling....and wide-eyed-with-enthusiasm....**he**throws up a HAIL MARY, of a 'proposed idea' to the female individual....hoping it falters not, in 'hitting' its mark...*

....probably...should've...stretched, before launching off THAT one -- dammit!

*did he miss? did he break something along the way? will she catch 'it'? stayyy tuned!*

dohhhh....


;)
 
Yayyyyyy! *exclaims he, excited the bundlement...and clapping giddily, with the bit of a goofy grin....planted upon his face!*



;)
 
The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand in the light of day
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

While I work out character details over PM, I thought I would add this Frozen-related gem to the OOC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aed_KlvryTk
 
Back
Top