The Official Authors' Hangout National Nude Day 2018 Support Thread

Unexplained nudity? That sounds like fun.

Reminds me of one of my strange ideas for stories that are way too high concept to work here. Everyone in the world is nude and depicted doing mundane things for a while, with their state of undress altogether unexplained. Then at some point a character is tempted to eat an apple and suddenly becomes conscious of their nudity. Then another, and another, until it turns into an all-out fall-from-Eden erotic affair. I've been watching way too many religio-absurdist Buñuel movies...

High concept yes, but not too much for the site. (Or do you mean simply the contest?) I hope you publish it at some point; I'd like to read it.
 
I'll likely have my story done by the weekend. It is set on a canoe trip in the wilderness of northeastern Ontario Canada. I just wanted to know, what happens if a story doesn't get 25 votes? My first story took a month to get there, barely. My second has only earned 10 votes in two weeks. Does the story get rejected or something?

It just doesn't qualify to win/place/show.

The problem is that low vote totals don't give representative results. Some people (myself included) would argue that twenty five is too low to get a representative result.
 
It just doesn't qualify to win/place/show.

The problem is that low vote totals don't give representative results. Some people (myself included) would argue that twenty five is too low to get a representative result.

Thanks. I really don't much care about winning; I just want to play with the big kids. That's probably a good thing; I'm a raw rookie, trying to learn.
 
Welcome, then. Your story will be listed on the contest page and that generally brings a lot of votes. Good luck.
 
High concept yes, but not too much for the site. (Or do you mean simply the contest?) I hope you publish it at some point; I'd like to read it.

You tempt me, sir!

Lol. Already done :):

https://www.literotica.com/s/in-search-of-a-story

A piss take, in response to contest stupidity the year I first wandered by AH.

Ha! I stand corrected. That was great. I'll admit I have not waded into this category much. Suddenly I want to write some surrealist erotica, if it were to play well there.
 
The number of entries is increasing.

Any more still being written?

Not for this one, although I find I have three already for Halloween. The theme of nudity falls short of erotica for me, so I have trouble coming up with ideas for this contest. I do take the story beyond just nudity, but it's the only contest here that I have to overshoot the theme to get a story.
 
I have a story that's at about 85-90% complete.

I'm not sure about "category". It's set on a canoe trip. It features an interracial couple where the woman is trying to get the man to be nude outside more often. It has fairly vanilla sex (but always remember what a great flavour vanilla is), under the Northern Lights, and an unitentionally ruined orgasm (humour). Soiler alert: They get unexpected visitors. (Also humour).

Erotic Couplings?
Interracial?
Exhibitionist/ Voyeur?
Humour?
BDSM because of the ropes on the tent and food bag? :)

I'd appreciate any guidance.
 
Results

I know the winners get announced on the landing page (#1-3), but are the final "standings" announced? I always wonder if I am finishing dead last or where.

Great entries in this event! It should be an annual magazine!

Thanks!
 
I know the winners get announced on the landing page (#1-3), but are the final "standings" announced? I always wonder if I am finishing dead last or where.

Great entries in this event! It should be an annual magazine!

Thanks!

Standings aren't announced.

If you're curious, then you can monitor the standings yourself. That is time consuming, then the final standings are often switched around by the last sweep, and they last only briefly after the results are announced.

Just the same, if you have the time and curiosity then monitoring the standings might help you understand how it all works.
 
I'm not even sure how the final rankings are decided. It doesn't seem to be just the high scores, so the number of votes must be included, plus...?
 
I'm not even sure how the final rankings are decided. It doesn't seem to be just the high scores, so the number of votes must be included, plus...?

The winner is the story with the highest rating after the final sweep, as long as the entry still has a minimum of 25 votes remaining after the sweep. Apart from the 25 minimum, total numbers of votes for an entry are irrelevant.

Unfortunately for those of us wanting to know our relative position at the time the contest is decided, the trolls can attack the higher rated stories immediately after the contest result is announced. What WAS the highest rated story can drop its rating significantly in the next few hours.

PS. In the past, having a low vote total might have been an advantage because a final sweep on a story with say 50 votes could change the rating significantly. That sweep on a story with several hundred votes would affect the rating minimally.
 
Thanks for the clarification.

I suspect that the trolls also stop their systematic one-bombing when results are announced, with some stories climbing thereafter.
 
...................
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the clarification.

I suspect that the trolls also stop their systematic one-bombing when results are announced, with some stories climbing thereafter.

That varies a lot. The final sweeps can push a story to a score that the readers don't support, and it's fairly common for very high scores to fall after the contest. That isn't necessarily from trolls, but from people voting 4*s instead of 5*. Some scores climb after the contest, but it isn't a consistent pattern.
 
That varies a lot. The final sweeps can push a story to a score that the readers don't support, and it's fairly common for very high scores to fall after the contest. That isn't necessarily from trolls, but from people voting 4*s instead of 5*. Some scores climb after the contest, but it isn't a consistent pattern.

Over the years I have had a few comments on my winning stories that anon has voted a 4 because although my story was good, they didn't think it was good enough to win, and one anon said that someone else's story was better.
 
That varies a lot. The final sweeps can push a story to a score that the readers don't support, and it's fairly common for very high scores to fall after the contest. That isn't necessarily from trolls, but from people voting 4*s instead of 5*. Some scores climb after the contest, but it isn't a consistent pattern.

You may be right. I'm just going on my admittedly limited experience. I have a very energetic troll who seems to lose interest once the results are announced.
 
The number of entries is increasing.

Any more still being written?

Alas, not by me. Too much on the go as it is. I was a bit disappointed I never got my geek one done, and I'm a bit to heavily committed right now. Next time tho :D

Looking forward to reading a few of them though.
 
The Valentine's Day contest was interesting to watch this year, which I followed several times a day since I shared in a story that was in the hunt (my sr71plt, with Sabb, under the name Shabbu). There was a story that remained rock solid in first or second place during the contest. The several stories that came close to it got knocked down a peg periodically. But that one story, by a first-time author or a rarely published author, if I remember correctly, just stayed right in place, not going up or down more than a point (at 4.88) the whole time while all stories around it got knocked down if they challenged for place. Not sure this author realized the power of the sweeps. The Shabbu story won and immediately got knocked down four points. Won at 4.89. It now sits at 4.80. Still a very nice score, and it has a blue W beside it. (So does the other one, of course.) I let the winnings go to Sabb and he used it to put TVs in his vacation rentals in Spain. :)
 
I have a few started, like eight. I need to finish at least one. :eek:
 
Mine went up a few days ago, early trolling but its leveled out now, just the norm for contests :)

Good luck everyone who is in already and those racing toward the deadline :rose:
 
Two stories, very opposite directions....

Lots of good ones this time around!
 
Back
Top