Free access to "Archives of Sexual Behaviour" (scientific journal) until 30-Nov-12

erotica_n_s

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Posts
307
Free access to "Archives of Sexual Behaviour" (scientific journal) until 30-Nov-12

So yes, that's right, the Archives of Sexual Behaviour, published by Springer, is available free-of-cost online for a limited period, until the 30th of November 2012.

If, like me, you're interested in scientific research into human sexuality, you might be interested in reading up papers published in this journal.

Here's the link.

To be fair, most of the really interesting papers seem to get published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, however they aren't offering free access. I've been intending to subscribe to the Journal of Sexual Medicine, unfortunately it's way too expensive :-(.

As a writer, I like to try and do my research. In the absence of personal sexual experience, this kind of data-gathering seems to be the best alternative I have.
 
Hi

Thank you for sharing this link. Please, if you find any thing else useful like that, the community will be grateful.

Thanks again.
 
I'm going through their archives and seeing what I can find. Already, I've noticed a few regarding erotica.
 
Okay, bear in mind this is only available for the next couple of weeks or so.

My suggestion would be, if you find any papers that you might like to discuss later, then download the paper, and also suggest it here so that the rest of us might also download the paper(s), and discuss it in the days/weeks/months to come.

As an example:

"Evidence to Suggest that Copulatory Vocalizations in Women Are Not a Reflexive Consequence of Orgasm"

Now I think that's an interesting paper, maybe we can discuss it some time. Ideally, those of you who might be interested in joining/participating in the discussion should download that paper while it's available for free! Then, over the coming days/weeks/months, we can discuss the data...

If I'm honest, though, this isn't quite how I intended to do it... I was hoping to write and publish some erotic fiction first, before I got round to formally discussing sex research... but hey...
 
I liked How (Un)Important Is Penis Size for Women with Heterosexual Experience?

It looked at a survey of Croatian women, and found a few general trends.

Penile girth is more important than length.
Penis size is more important to more experienced women.
Penis size is more important to young women.

Now I know what sort of cocks to give future characters...
 
Would anyone like to set up a "book club" thread for people who've read a specific article to discuss the papers? I'd be interested.
 
Back
Top