What are you doing right now? (besides online & on Lit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a lot of sitting around, waiting, and killing time.

He's alright. In surgery, but all limbs thankfully accounted for.

He's lucky.

Holy shit! I'll have you all in my thoughts. Glad he's got all limbs accounted for though, that's a start.

I know I owe you a message, but that will totally be on hold for now.

*hugs back*

You're already doing it.

I'm thankful for the small distractions.

smiles.

Well I will send some positive energy your way, and maybe my muse will cooperate enough to give you some more distraction.

Keep me posted if you don't mind?

No rush obviously, but you will both be in my thoughts.

Holy shit! I'll have you all in my thoughts. Glad he's got all limbs accounted for though, that's a start.

I know I owe you a message, but that will totally be on hold for now.

Holy shit indeed. Thankfully he wasnt anywhere the explosions. He had already finished the race, but when they hit he started running again. Caused some severe shin splints and stress fractures. He was triaged and we've been waiting for them to get him into the operating room after the critical care cases.

And now I get to sit here for the next few hours and wait til they're done.

No worries Scuttles.

Candle lit.

There are a number of candles lit in the hospital as well as outside.

Its appreciated. A lot.

*adds his own small distraction in the form of a big bear hug*

*bear hugs back*

Thank you love.

smiles.

Well I will send some positive energy your way, and maybe my muse will cooperate enough to give you some more distraction.

Keep me posted if you don't mind?

No rush obviously, but you will both be in my thoughts.

*nuzzles*

I will. At the moment the little one and I are hanging out waiting for him to get out of surgery. His prognosis going in was good. He should make a full recovery.

Holy shit indeed. Thankfully he wasnt anywhere the explosions. He had already finished the race, but when they hit he started running again. Caused some severe shin splints and stress fractures. He was triaged and we've been waiting for them to get him into the operating room after the critical care cases.

And now I get to sit here for the next few hours and wait til they're done.

No worries Scuttles.

Ah, okay. Nothing life threatening, though, which is definitely really good news.

*nods*

Nothing life threatening. Just a stressful day.

We'd left the finish line about 20 minutes before it happened. I'd gone to get the car.

It was crazy.

Yeah, I can't even imagine. Just hearing the audio from it is kind of...harrowing. I'm really glad to hear you went caught right in the middle of it, though.

Even if it's not life threatening, waiting in a hospital still sucks.

He's lucky.

Wicked,

I've been gone most of the day, only heard what happened in Boston earlier this afternoon and my first thought was of your husband. I'm glad to see he is okay. I know how shaken up you and the young one must be. You're right, he's damn lucky.

Thoughts, hugs and positive thoughts for you and yours.

Yeah, I can't even imagine. Just hearing the audio from it is kind of...harrowing. I'm really glad to hear you went caught right in the middle of it, though.

Even if it's not life threatening, waiting in a hospital still sucks.

I'm really quite done with the amount of time I've spent in a hospital this past year. I'm rather bitter about it at this point.

Some of the videos I've seen have been pretty upsetting. And it's been unsettling to think if he'd run the race a little slower, if I'd lingered a little longer before going to get the car, if he hadn't gone in search of a restroom before meeting up with me...

It was a close call.

Wicked,

I've been gone most of the day, only heard what happened in Boston earlier this afternoon and my first thought was of your husband. I'm glad to see he is okay. I know how shaken up you and the young one must be. You're right, he's damn lucky.

Thoughts, hugs and positive thoughts for you and yours.

Thank you Cait. We're in shock. Everyone is. We're alright, but definitely shaken up.

He should be out of surgery in the next 30 minutes or so. He'll sleep off the anesthetic and I'll take him home in the morning.

And we'll count our blessings.

I'm really quite done with the amount of time I've spent in a hospital this past year. I'm rather bitter about it at this point.

Some of the videos I've seen have been pretty upsetting. And it's been unsettling to think if he'd run the race a little slower, if I'd lingered a little longer before going to get the car, if he hadn't gone in search of a restroom before meeting up with me...

It was a close call.

Things like that, you can freak out about the close timing until you drive yourself insane. I say, just be grateful things worked out the way they did for you. It could always be worse.

Things like that, you can freak out about the close timing until you drive yourself insane. I say, just be grateful things worked out the way they did for you. It could always be worse.

*nods*

It most certainly could have been worse.

The scene at the hospital the last few hours...

He's lucky.

Glad to hear you and your family are okay. Sorry about your husband going through that, and let's hope his recovery is quick.

He's lucky.

I'm sorry you have had to go through all of this. What happened today was shockingly terrible. My heart and any positive karma and energies I have are reaching out to you.

Glad to hear you and your family are okay. Sorry about your husband going through that, and let's hope his recovery is quick.

Thank you. Everyone's kind thoughts and words are appreciated.

And not that it matters...but I call him my old man because we might as well be married, but we're not. We've been together closing in on 4 years now. His daughter is very much my daughter and lives with us full time now. We made a promise to each other that she would come first. He'd made a promise to himself after his marriage to his baby mama ended he wouldn't remarry and he'd always put his little girls needs first.

She's been pushing for us to get married. We discussed it and decided that circumstances and the situation seemed right enough that maybe we should.

After today. We all decided that none of us wanted to wait too much longer. Stuff like this happens and...it makes you do crazy things.

So he's not my hubby now, but he will be in the very near future.

*bear hugs back*

Thank you love.

*nuzzles*

I will. At the moment the little one and I are hanging out waiting for him to get out of surgery. His prognosis going in was good. He should make a full recovery.

Glad to hear this lovely one. The waiting game is hard, but at least you have company.

nuzzles back softly.

All will be well.

And not that it matters...but I call him my old man because we might as well be married, but we're not. We've been together closing in on 4 years now. His daughter is very much my daughter and lives with us full time now. We made a promise to each other that she would come first. He'd made a promise to himself after his marriage to his baby mama ended he wouldn't remarry and he'd always put his little girls needs first.

She's been pushing for us to get married. We discussed it and decided that circumstances and the situation seemed right enough that maybe we should.

After today. We all decided that none of us wanted to wait too much longer. Stuff like this happens and...it makes you do crazy things.

And this is awesome news. I am very happy to hear it.

It is amazing how such events can put things into perspective, and show you what is important. I am not glad for the tragedy, or any of the pain and suffering of the victims, but I am glad to see positive coming out of a dark day.

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back