A Long Lost Love (Closed)

Izzy declined dessert with a shake of her head. It wasn’t that she didn’t eat sweets. She just rarely indulged in things like that. She’s liked simple things and that was a product of growing up poor. Even though she could buy absolutely anything she wanted now, she refrained.

“It’s not a problem at all. I have some quiet little houses that you’d like. No one would bother you there.” She said with a small smile.
 
He gave her a questioning look when she declined desert, but since she had said repeatedly to order anything he liked, well that was what he was going to do. Damian smiled though and nodded to her as she said that, though he decided to be a bit playful.

" Oh? and what if I want certain people to bother me?"

He asked with a small smile of his own, though he left it at that for now. He finished up his pie and ice cream easily before he let her show him around town. After all it HAD been a long time, and besides, spending the day with a beautiful woman like her was a gift, whether she was married or not he could still be her friend. If anything the feelings he had harbored for her hung in the recesses of his mind, he wondered what would have happened had his life not collapsed in the way it had.

Pushing that away though he let her lead him around, he showing he was just as smart as he had been way back then, catching some things in some of the homes that normal people would miss, but really, he could settle in a shoe box and be fine with it.
 
“This one’s still furnished.” Izzy mentioned as she pulled up in front of a smaller house, well maintained and cheerful. “Scott didn’t like some of my furniture, so I moved it here instead of letting it go to waste. The downside of being rich is that you don’t see anything as wasteful.”

She parked the car and grabbed the keys, going to lead Damian up the walk to the front door. “Two beds, one bath. Living room and kitchen. Nice backyard for a dog if you wanted.” She said as she unlocked the door and stepped inside to show him around.
 
He grinned as she said that the one they were going to was still furnished, and even as she said that about her furniture, he nodded easily as he climbed out of the car.

" Oh? I suppose with completely disposable income that would be the case."

He wasn't jealous... she had struggled through her life, and if she was happy now, then he was truly happy for her! Nodding to her one more time he stepped inside, going past her he went through the house, it was nice, out of the way, small but comfortable, and the back yard was true to her description, it was all nice.

Turning back to her he smiled slightly.

" You sure you're not going into real estate?"

He was just teasing her of course, though leaning against the back of the couch in the living room, he added softly.

" I appreciate everything Izzy."

He was truly grateful, not just because of her helping him find a place, but also because of the fact that she WAS one of the people in his life who he had that he cared about! He may be big and strong now, but it was clear he was also soft and still kind hearted, which was good because many who did military service lost that kindness... but not Damian, he was like a big teddy bear!
 
"I thought about real estate, but no. I have a few pieces of property that I manage and that's more than enough for me." She said as they stood in the living room and talked. "Any more than what I have and I would probably lose my mind."

She gave him a smile as he thanked her and she gave him a nod. "Well, you can move in when you like. I'll leave you a key. We can talk about rent later. Whatever you can afford."

She often let people stay for free in houses if they couldn't make ends meet. However, she had a nice little side business going on in the mean time. At the moment, seven of her ten properties were occupied and the income was enough to make her life more comfortable than it had been.
 
Damian smiled but nodded as she explained that about the few rental places that she did have. He was proud of everything that she had accomplished... though as she gave him that smile he nodded to her.

" Don't worry, seven years in the military did pay pretty well."

He smiled to her though he made a move and going up to her he wrapped his arms around her, giving her a hug.

" I'll move in tomorrow, but really... thank you Izzy."

He gave her a squeeze, gently or so he thought crushing her into him as he smiled to her... though he did move to let her go again, not wanting her to feel uncomfortable.
 
Izzy wasn't expecting him to hug her, but she didn't back away as he wrapped her up in his arms. She hugged him back warmly, having missed him beyond anything that she could really express.

"I'm glad you came back. I worried when I never saw you again." She said softly, the feeling of having one of her best friends back incredible.
 
Damian was glad she didn't back away... he had missed her intensely, and though she may not let him actually feel bad for leaving her, he still had that guilt. He knew she had ended up all right, but that didn't change that he felt personally responsible.

As she said that though he nodded to her.

" I know, and I missed you too Izzy."

He smiled though gave her another squeeze, though he gently looked into her eyes.

" You feel so good."

He said that part a bit more quietly, but he flushed slightly with the admission... though he looked right to her then.

" I should let you go..."

He said the words... but he didn't actually move to do so at all. Instead if anything his hold on her tightened slightly, she feeling so good to him in his arms!
 
Izzy was very aware that he wasn't letting her go. Damian was a handsome guy, much different in appearance and body than her husband. Of course, he was much younger, more finely muscled, but he had that same kind gaze that he always had.

"It's probably been a while since you hugged anyone." Izzy said simply, knowing that he was probably attracted to her and unsure if she could even take a step in that same direction. "It's alright. You don't have to let go if you don't want to."
 
Damian nodded as she mentioned that, though it was true. He certainly hadn't been a hugger in high school, he had been FAR too awkward, nervous and unsure of himself to attempt such a bold move, though as she said that he didn't have to let go if he didn't want to Damian nodded to her did just that, namely didn't let her go.

With a soft smile though he was a bit nervous, mostly because she was someone else's woman, but at the same time that also was interestingly arousing to him that he might be able to have her even THOUGH she was someone else's. He was warring internally as to what he should do so truth be told he didn't do anything for a few minutes, though he also kept squeezing her, his hands slightly moving along her back, one tracing up to the nape of her neck as it was clear he WANTED to do more with her, but was struggling with whether he was actually going to!
 
Izzy was a little startled when Damian neatly cradled her against him. She raised her gaze up towards his, a little confused as to why he felt so forward.

"I can't do this, Damian. Not right now." Izzy said softly. "Scott might not be faithful to me, but I don't feel the need to go against my marriage vows."
 
Damian let out a slight sigh but nodded to her, though he shook his head.

" Nor should you. I'm sorry Izzy."

He had clearly missed her a lot and there were a lot of conflicting feelings going through him, but letting her go was harder than he thought it would be. Stuffing his hands into his pants pockets though he nodded to her as he turned his gaze to the house.

" This will work just fine Izzy, how much is the rent?"

He dropped the subject of being with her. If she was happy in her life, he didn't want to ruin that for her. That wasn't right of him and he knew it. It didn't change that he wanted her, it was simply that he wanted her happiness more, even if that didn't come from him.
 
"I'm sorry, Damian." Izzy said as Damian let her go and they stood awkwardly apart from one another. "Rent is $800 a month and all expenses are paid. There's nothing you need to worry about beyond cable and internet."

She looked down at the ground for a moment to gather her thoughts. Being in Damian's arm wasn't a bad thing. In fact, she had enjoyed it a little too much. Being married to Scott, however, was all that she could think about right then and there. Scott might not have cared, but she still did.
 
Damian shook his head gently, though couldn't bring himself to meet her eye to eye.

" It was my fault, I shouldn't have been so forward."

He nodded to the price, for a small home that rent price was quite reasonable, and as long as he got that job at the hospital or kept up the personal trainer at the gym, well he'd be able to pay that.

" I'll have first and last to you in a few days."

He WAS thankful to her, and his offer stood that if she ever wanted to work out with him that he'd be willing and make the time for her. He didn't really know what he had been thinking, but pushing that aside he finally managed a slight smile to her.

" You know how the banks here are, they don't like giving out money."

He mused though shrugged. He had a good job, proof of employment and once he signed the paperwork for the rental agreement he'd have that to show as well. He may not be the most socially appropriate, but he was kind, smart and giving still, which was good cause it could have all dissapeared through the wars and places he had been.
 
"There's no rush." Izzy answered as he spoke about paying her, the key in her hand offered out to him so that he could move when he felt like it.

"And, look, I don't want things to be awkward between us. Let's just pretend that this didn't happen and start fresh." She said, giving him a small smile. "And I'll see you for a training session soon. Scott is coming into town tomorrow and then leaving the next day for Paris for a meeting. So, let's shoot for Friday, alright? I'll treat you to another dinner."
 
Damian nodded as she said that, though glancing he did notice the key and took it from her. He would be her friend, that was better than anything else.

As she said that he almost said he didn't know if that was a good idea. NOT because he didn't want to, but because he was worried he wouldn't be able to control himself very well around her. Half a day and he had managed to almost ruin a friendship, or at least that's how he saw it.

" Sounds good, just make sure to book it through the Gym, I don't want them thinking I'm not giving them business."

He managed a faint smile but left it at that, though as she said that Scott was in and out it was in line with how she described the man. If her life was happy he would be an idiot to ruin that, so instead he left it be for now. He did walk with her to the door and let her out though closed up behind them. He'd move in tomorrow, the yard was nice, which made Damian think maybe he'd want a dog. He'd cross that bridge later... for now, he walked to her car with her.

" Go on, I'll see you when I see you Izzy."

He wasn't trying to push her away, he was simply trying his best to not make any moves that could be construed as in-appropriate. It did kind of put him on the back foot, but he handled it all right.
 
“I can drive you back to the gym. It’s not trouble.” Izzy said as Damon’s seemed to be pushing her to go on her way. “Well, if you want. I’ll see you in a few days. And don’t worry about rushing around trying to get payment. There’s no need to rush here.”

She gave him a small smile and then turned, opening the car and slipping into the driver’s seat. She gave him a small wave and put the car into gear, pulling away from the house and leaving him there in the yard.
 
He wasn't intentionally trying to push her away, though even as she said that he waved after her. His first day at the gym had been more a trial run than anything, but he was honestly happy that Izzy had wanted to still be his friend.

Over the next two days he did work at the gym mostly during the morning and mid afternoon, though moving into the small house was also nice. He had some stuff in storage from his travels, so he did have some things to move in, but beyond the basics he did have to get himself a few things, namely a good bed and kitchen set up.

He noticed Izzy had booked him for Friday, and though he was nervous he also made his way to the hospital and put in his application for a physical therapist position. Working with people, helping people... well he had done it for so long and it WAS what he enjoyed doing, so he didn't see a point to changing it anytime soon! He was waiting for her at reception on Friday though, she had mentioned that she might not actually be able to make it, but he was still there, secretly hoping she would.

Even if he couldn't really be with her in a romantic sense, Damian DID want to keep Izzy as a friend!
 
The last time that Izzy had seen Damian, she had been in a much better mood. Then Scott had come into town and ruined the whole thing. The married couple had spent the entire time he was back arguing. It started out about something small and escalated into other things. She had finally told Scott to leave if he were so unhappy, and to her surprise, he had. He had packed back up and gone back to the city as quickly as he could. That had wounded Izzy had much as any thing else that he had ever done. It told her that he had someone that he was much more interested in waiting for him back at his other home.

When she had arrived at her appointment with Damian on Friday, she seemed defeated, downcast as she walked into the gym. She barely even looked up as she walked in and checked in at the front desk. She paused when she saw Damian standing there, waiting for her.

"Hey. I guess just give me a few to go get changed." Izzy said softly, moving through the front security gate to stand next to him.
 
Damian had been working hard to get himself settled. Izzy was happy and Damian didn't want to ruin that for her, hence he had agreed to start over. Over the next few days he traveled to a local yard sale, picking up a few extra things for the house, along with contacting the other members from his previous SEAL team, letting them know how things were going on his end.

By Friday it would seem their outlooks had flipped, he was doing well and feeling good. He had spent the morning helping people, and had even been notified that he'd be having an interview with the Hospital, so he was feeling very optimistic! When she came in looking so down though he frowned, though nodded to her.

" All right Izzy... you ok?"

He may have some deep feelings for her but first and foremost Damian considered himself her friend, so if she was in trouble he did hope that she'd feel comfortable sharing that with him. He wouldn't push though, he had already made a similar mistake once and Damian wouldn't make it again.
 
"Not really, but I'm here." Izzy said with a shrug, looking up at Damian with a long sigh. "Scott and I had a terrible time together. He bolted to his apartment in the city when he had enough and I haven't heard from him since."

There was nothing like a fight to make her feel like an ugly and unfortunate creature. Scott could do that in an instant, without even realizing it most of the time. He made her feel insecure and he would run off to someone new and leave her behind in the dust.
 
Damian's smile faded at her explanation, not because he sympathized with Scott in any way, but more because he remembered that Izzy had always felt insecure about herself. He nodded though as she explained though, and simply reached out taking her hand and giving it a supportive squeeze.

" Well he's an idiot then. Go get changed, I'm going to get you working out so hard you won't even have time to think about it."

He knew blowing off their appointment wouldn't help anything, and Damian smiled encouragingly to her. He wasn't running away from her, and even way back then he hadn't been running from her. He hoped in his heart she didn't feel that he had, but he couldn't control that and had no insight to it in the least either.
 
Izzy looked up at Damian as he encouraged her to go get changed. She gave him a nod, turning towards the locker room where she changed quickly and was soon back out on the floor with him, waiting to see just what he was going to do for her.
 
Damian gave her one more re-assuring smile as she went off to change, though as she came back out since it was her first appointment with him he spent some time just finding out from her what her physical goals were, before he got into it with her.

The thing that set Damian apart from other trainers is that he went through everything with his clients. They started with cardio and when she needed a spotter he was right there, when she didn't he'd jump beside her and do the exercise right with her, pushing her to go faster or higher, to push herself.

True to his word he kept her busy and focused to the point she couldn't even think about Scott, and as the hour finished up he was grinning to her.

" And that's that for today... come on, let's cool down on the treadmill."

He was supportive of all her goals, and it was clear Damian just wanted Izzy to both be happy, but also healthy and strong as well.
 
Izzy worked out hard, trying to burn out all of the anger that she had towards her husband. Instead, she was left with an empty feeling in her chest, knowing that she would have to go back to that big house and she was going to be all alone. Scott hated confrontation, but he swore that he loved her. If that were the case, he wouldn't have run away like he normally did.

When Damian smiled at her and suggested they cool down, she nodded, following him to the treadmill. "I really don't want to go back home just right now, so maybe we can go get some dinner?" Izzy asked as they started up the machines.
 
Back
Top