Authors, first story you wrote?

As a little kid, I wrote stories about monsters, because monsters were what interested me. Godzilla, that sort of thing.

I continued writing stories until I became an adult. Then I stopped. I didn't complete or publish another work of fiction until I started writing and submitting stories for Literotica in December 2016. I've kept it up ever since, and I hope to keep going because my backlog of unfinished stories keeps getting longer.
 
The very first story I recall writing at a young age was a fantasy/sword and sorcery piece. (I was deep in the grip of Robert E. Howard.)

The first erotic story I wrote was a fantasy involving the middle sister of three sisters who lived a street over.

Neither was any good, but I enjoyed it I've been doing it ever since.

The first professional (paid) thing I ever wrote was a white paper on a method of matrix analysis that was presented at a training conference.
 
I got started writing through fan fiction. Thankfully most of the stuff I wrote in that area has been confined to the internet's dust-bin and is difficult, if not impossible, to find. :)
 
I wrote two stories way back when I was a lot younger after I was let go from my first job after school. I work there for thirteen years.

Anyway, the fist story I stared was a Sci-Fi piece about the future of law enforcement and secret organization. The other was supposed to be a kids story about a stray cat taken in by a kind family. Both have been lost to obscurity when the hard drive decided to crash for no apparent reason. This was back in the 286 16bit days of computing.

After that I kinda quit writing until about 2003 when I posted my first chapter of a sci-fi story here at Lit. That one took a year to write and post. I have since taken it down and posted it elsewhere.
 
I had always wanted to write as far back as early high school. At first, I tried handwriting what I wanted. After 20 minutes, I couldn't read what I wrote so i gave that up. Then I came across an old manual typewriter. After i had to buy a second gallon bottle of whiteout, I decided that was a bust.

And then I ended up on a long boring job with nothing to do. We had just started to use computers. I had an old 286 with a copy of Works on it. An actual word processor that had spell check and some other tools. A year and 287 pages later, I had a 20 chapter novel. Reading the original now makes me cringe.

There is a slightly edited version of it on Lit. Sweet and Spicy Horny Toads
 
First ever written? Before age 5. Based on a fairy tale.

First in print? Sci-Fi age 9 published in school magazine.

First erotic one? 1970s on a Hewlett-Packard mini-computer but deleted after completion. Next one still exists but is not suitable for Literotica. The action starts with detailed sexual abuse at too young an age.

First for Literotica? (after some years on a Yahoo Adult Group):

The Bridesmaids' Revenge in 2002:

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-bridesmaids-revenge
 
[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember the first story I ever wrote but the first story of erotica I wrote was made into chapter 1 of "House on Park," ("On the Trunk of a Car") by sr71plt, posted here.

https://www.literotica.com/s/house-on-park-ch-01

It had started off as a scene in a mainstream mystery I was writing and then got very graphic, so I pulled it out as a separate story and my writing of erotica started there.
 
My life story is my diary, most of which has made in onto Lit as source material for my TV/TG/CD stories, a story that won’t end until I die.

My first “official” story I wrote that will never be published is “An Erotic Story of Lust”.

The first story I posted on Lit is “My Brother’s Ghost”

🌹Kant👠👠👠
 
I wrote a lot of bad poetry from sixteen to twenty. Much of the mood and many of my tropes still re-occur, layered over with a lot more life, but fundamentally, not much has changed. I still remember too much.
 
I started writing news stories for a college newspaper but they also accepted essays. The first one I published (in September 1974) was about my experiences working as a part-time messenger in New York. I eventually went on to things like a review of the New York Auto Show and a description of a cross-country trip with a Greyhound monthly pass.

I found out recently that issues of that paper were scanned by the college and are now on-line.
 
First complete story would be "Denethia", which was a back-story for a Lich NPC in my PNP roleplaying game. Like so much content DMs create, characters never even came across her.

Could almost count as first erotica as well, because it had some seriously dark sexual overtones. It was a step too far for traditional publishing, but not yet what I would classify as genuine erotica.

The basic premise was rewritten here as "Harvest of Blood", though I managed to salvage the original from ancient discs and it's available on my website.

Before that was the beginnings of a story called "Cloak of the Magi". Modern day magic hiding in the shadows premise with an untapped prodigy who suddenly awakens and scares the living shit out of everyone on the light and dark side of things due to his unmatched ( and untrained ) power.

Never got far, because I could tell there was something wrong with the dialogue as I was writing it. To be perfectly honest, I didn't interact with enough people in those days to know how real people talked. I had a very limited sample, nobody to base some of the characters on, and the dialogue came out stilted and unrealistic.

First erotica is difficult to call. I can't remember which of the god awful crap stories pulled off those old 3.5 floppies was first, second, etc. They're all terrible. Like an idiot, I also posted all that crap to my website as well. LOL

First published was here, and that's "Danica". First deviation from the fantasy genre was "Finding Karen" as Les.

Never would have left the fantasy genre or had the courage to keep going at all if it weren't for people like FallingToFly, Danielle, Selena, Aurora, Cibelle, Red and everyone on the Laresa chain ( which is what really put me on the map )

ETA: Now that I think about it, I actually had a short story in some kind of middle school multi-district contest. I don't remember much about it except it was a Maximum Overdrive type thing with machines coming to life. Can't even remember if it bent toward horror, humor, or anything.
 
Last edited:
My fourth grade teacher got me to write stories because I was a hyperactive kid and I alway had all the assignments done before the rest of the class.

We lived next door to a horse farm at the time and I wrote stories about the horses. They talked to each other while the humans rode them around, commenting on where they went and what they saw.
 
Probably my first somewhat serious story (as opposed to a school creative writing assignment as a kid) was called "Inversion Layer" and it was inspired by the idea of looking down from the mountains at a sea of clouds below, and the other more distant mountain ranges looking like islands. I had this inspiration that the cloud bank below me really WAS a real ocean that hid ancient ruins beneath the waves, and up here above, was actually the coastline of some alternate world.

So about 12 years or so ago, I wrote a rough draft of a story based on this fantasy and called it "Inversion Layer" but never submitted it or published it anywhere. It wasn't until much, much later that I totally re-worked this story, in fact I basically re-wrote it from scratch, and posted it to this site as a sci-fi/fantasy piece called "Kingdoms Doomed and Drowned."
 
My first story

First story or first BDSM story? When I was in high school I had an idea for a juvenile delinquit who is in and out of institutions. The plot revolves around the conversation of different youth and their back grounds, and looking to fix their lives. I have not thought about that until I read this thread.


My first BDSM story, I was reading a lot of fiction on a site called Mr. X Home stories and it is all about super hero fetish, so I wrote a naughty / BDSM story about wonder woman. It was either that she was caputred by some punks who just wanted to have a roll in the hay with her. Or it might have been my Wonder Woman versus Sailor Moon story. the first act of that story is the sailor moon girl insulting Wonder Woman, being rude to her ( some how , I found that funny). I really liked the part about how Wonder Woman takes off her boots when she enters the home of the Sailor scouts and one of them holds the boots up to WW corset and makes some joke about how since the boots are about as tall as the corset, Wonder Woman had removed 50% of her clothing.

I have since moved onto writing stories with more emotional content, but those were still some interesting pieces.
 
My first published story was called Going Fishing. It was about a chap who was bullied into working in his family’s business when all he really wanted to do was spend his time fishing. After several years without a proper break, he announces to his father and siblings that he is taking a week off.

‘I am going to rent a cabin, beside a lake, in the back of beyond,’ he tells them. ‘There is no telephone. If you need me … well … there is no point in needing me.’

On the way to the back of beyond, Clarry (I have no idea why I called him Clarry) stops at a country store to buy supplies and petrol. He gets talking to the guy at the store, swapping fishing stories, and forgets to buy petrol.

He heads off to the cabin, using the instructions that have been posted to him by the cabin’s owner. After driving for almost an hour, he thinks that he is passing the same spot for the second time. And then, half an hour later, he is passing it for the third time. Something is wrong.

As Clarry approaches the déjà vu spot for what will be the fourth time, it starts to snow. Seriously snow. And his petrol gauge starts to flash.

I think I was 16 when I wrote Going Fishing. Perhaps I’ve always had a black sense of humour. :)
 
First lengthy store of any kind? It was almost as long as a short book called "The Barnyard" and it was a parody of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" with friends, school administrators and teachers as the characters. It's kind of the story of a group of gifted students and the troubles and mayhem that ensue when you keep them together, advancing them as a group from grade to grade for five years, in semi-isolation from the "normal kids".

The school principal was "Jake the Sweathog", a universally disliked teacher was "The Pigwoman" and in a shout out to another movie, the troubled teacher that was perhaps way too close to her students was "Jean Brodie".

There was a little sex, though not presented too graphically, with perhaps the most notable incident being when I brought "Kris the Crier" off by kissing and touching her boobs only, giving her first orgasm ever, during a round of "Kiss or dare". In the story, and in real life, she sat across from me and cried in class because we had been intimate but I didn't want to be her "boyfriend".

Multiple copies were made and distributed which meant, of course, that it eventually found its way to the school administration and I got into a bit of trouble (like a suspension and letters of apologies to anyone I might have offended).

I kept the original for decades but unfortunately it, and dozens of other works of prose and poetry, were eventually lost in multiple moves and occasional attempts at "downsizing". Oh. Well. I really wish I still had some of that poetry.
 
I began writing when I was about fifteen; wrote a number of horror stories.
 
I didn't write when I was younger, except as an English assignment. I wrote a couple of stories on the Adult Forum on the old Freddie and Eddie website. Unfortunately my hard drive crashed about the same time as the website, so my stories are lost.

I started writing again last December, on a business trip. I was bored. The internet led me here. I still haven't submitted my original story, but I now have 150-ish Word pages in total.
 
One of my fanfiction pieces

I love writing fanfics, my ‘ordinary’ first story was “I can still fly” which was a Gatchaman fanfic. My first erotic story was “The night I met the Condor”, since then I got carried away and wrote several more Gatchaman ones some Sharpe ones and rather a lot of Torchwood ones most are on adultfanfiction.org. I have around 15 to upload and 9 more to complete at the moment!
 
I think the first thing I wrote that was of any real substance (a beginning, middle and end) was a play when I was about 10. We performed it at school, on the stage with costumes etc etc. I can't really remember what it was about but think it was sort of about inanimate things coming to life?! I wrote fiction until I was 16 and my school teacher sent some of my stories off to a magazine. A couple of 'slices of life' type stories, and a mystery, as far as I can recall. They didn't publish them as they weren't really suited to their readers, but I got some nice feedback... and then life happened. Things that stopped me from wanting to do anything that was at all introspective. I only just started writing fiction again about a year ago. And it's become a bit obsessive...
 
I think I remember contributing to a thread on this subject before but what the hey.

So aside from school writing assignments (I turned in a thing wholly ripping off the game Space Crusade, which was kind of Warhammer 40K for kids in the late 80s-early 90s) the first thing I decided to write myself was a story I penned over one summer which was ostensibly an adventure about myself and my friends which quickly ran out of control (the story, not the adventure) into universe-spanning cosmic horror (or a nine-year-old's version of it anyway, we're not talking HP Lovecraft here).

In my pre-teens and early teens I "wrote" a lot of video games (I played games but didn't know anything about how they were designed so I would just fill reams of paper with character drawings and descriptions of what would happen in the plot - I wrote a Legend of Zelda-inspired RPG about time-travel well before Chrono Trigger was ever released!) and that gradually abandoned the video game concept and just became fantasy fiction.

First erotica was also in my teens, mostly about girls from school. One day I filled an exercise book with an entire novella about a young exhibitionist so if you want to find a root for the kink I keep returning to now that might be it.
 
I've been writing since I could peck at a typewriter or hold a pencil.

One person mentioned monsters. I wrote along those lines too. And from there, all manner of things.

My first novel? The title is Cats Paws and oddly enough it conforms to the typical pattern of how women write novels. I was rather shocked when I read this somewhere. Story of daughter, mother and grandmother. Of course there is a lot more to it. Basically, the mother does her own self in due to her own destructive ways. The grandmother was little more than a shell of a woman, but Karma bites her in the ass in the end for not trying to better her lot in life.

Sounds boring based on what I wrote above but there is a lot more to it. Just no suitable to say much more about it here.
 
Back
Top