Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random blurt: Saw a bright, hard-working kid finally get his chance to shine tonight. Love seeing that happen.

Also, hurricanes suck.

I live in a spot where hurricanes come to die, which equals hellish flooding. Ivan (2004) penetrated my home and didn't even have the common courtesy of using a little lube. Fucker.

I now know why I am not corporate management.

It's because I don't make up my own words.

I have been subjected to conference calls from 9 am this morning and am still on one. This big wiggedy wig just use the word (and I use that term loosely) co-jointly. How does one do something co-jointly? One can do an employee enrichment program jointly with another department, or they can co-chair or even co-sponsor an employee enrichment program, but as far as I know, to run something co-jointly is wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Angry so so angry, possibly overly so.

I have been subjected to conference calls from 9 am this morning and am still on one. This big wiggedy wig just use the word (and I use that term loosely) co-jointly. How does one do something co-jointly? One can do an employee enrichment program jointly with another department, or they can co-chair or even co-sponsor an employee enrichment program, but as far as I know, to run something co-jointly is wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Angry so so angry, possibly overly so.

That's kind of like saying irregardless . . . In other words, regarless of being regardless . . . :D

Oh, you can add wordage to the list for the corporate bingo card too.

Did someone dislodge a big rock or is it a full moon? Because I swear the idiots are all out, and bound and determined to irritate the hell out of me today.

As soon as 4:30 hits I'm having a pitcher of martinis--maybe 2.

Last edited:

Aw c'mon. That's one of my favorite pastimes. :eek:

Blurt: My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone in Issac's path. He's one big, slow moving sumbitch. I DID NOT enjoy his stay. :mad:

I am teetering on the edge of becoming a grumpy old woman. Oops, nope -- I appear to have become a full-fledged grumpy old woman.

:cool:

Two more corporate buzzwords I loathe: repurpose and a 'now' appetite

Look, I love it when a woman has a now appetite, but in this context it has nothing to do with her mastering a cock. It's just some dumb sycophant attempting to legitimize his unnecessary management job by flooding the workplace with meaningless drivel.

Kinda like what I'm doing now ...

Look, I love it when a woman has a now appetite, but in this context it has nothing to do with her mastering a cock. It's just some dumb sycophant attempting to legitimize his unnecessary management job by flooding the workplace with meaningless drivel.

Kinda like what I'm doing now ...

Aw, c'mon, change your paradigm and be a team player.

*snerk

Here's a fair question and I wonder how often it pops up: WHAT DOES HT STAND FOR?

The people on this site - bless them - are the worst on the web for using abbreviations such as PMSL, BTW etc and I spend much valuable time looking them up via google. Unfortunately, they assume everyone knows what they're talking about!!!!

I look forward to the first correct answer, thanks

What's wrong with repurpose? :confused:

Here's a fair question and I wonder how often it pops up: WHAT DOES HT STAND FOR?

The people on this site - bless them - are the worst on the web for using abbreviations such as PMSL, BTW etc and I spend much valuable time looking them up via google. Unfortunately, they assume everyone knows what they're talking about!!!!

I look forward to the first correct answer, thanks

If you see HT used on this particular forum, it's usually an abbreviation for How To. Elsewhere on Lit, I couldn't say. In reference to other chat abbreviations, if you click on the FAQ thread (it's tacked to the top of the forum), you'll see a link to a post explaining many of the most commonly used chat abbreviations.

ETA: The FAQ thread is tacked to the top of the How To forum, not to the top of How To Cafe.

Last edited:
What's wrong with repurpose? :confused:

In a corporate context, it often means "we'd like to fire you, but instead we'll put you in a job you'll hate so you'll quit and we won't have to pay unemployment."

I was in the newspaper business and this tactic was used over and over again. I was able to extricate myself before I was repurposed. Damn the man!

This year marks the first time--ever--that I'll be actively rooting against Ohio State. Feels odd to not be spending my Saturday afternoons watching college football, but I guess I can fill the time doing more constructive things.

This year marks the first time--ever--that I'll be actively rooting against Ohio State. Feels odd to not be spending my Saturday afternoons watching college football, but I guess I can fill the time doing more constructive things.

Competitive rooting? Now there's a sport I can get behind, under, on top of.

Maybe I should call it "semi-passive ignoring with the hopes that they'll lose." At any rate, it didn't work. :(

So, um, what is the etiquette when you see a picture of your younger sister posted on an femdom website???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back