Halloween Contest Off-Topic Thread 2

I'm sorry but I disagree unless you have numbers to back it up. I know of at least four and possible one more that have been won from last minute entries this year alone.

Three by the same author BTW.

Valentines 2015

Summer loving 2015(two other stories were released as well, all last minute)

April Fools 2016

Further proving the fact this is deliberate is this author only entered contests in which they were eligible. Unlike most of the steady authors here who have won and enter all of them anyway.

The fourth which was this past nude day, I think was a sincere case of not finishing until the last minute, but when someone does it three times that's not circumstance, that's a plan. In fairness to them, this wasn't something they came up with, they're repeating a ploy made popular by someone else several years ago.

There were additional little tweaks in the first three that helped in addition to the last minute, let's avoid 75% of the trolling and only get one sweep, so there's no time for return trolls strategy.

As we both know there is more involved than just the 11:59 submission, but all we're talking about here is timing.

As for the other things, the best way to make a theory into fact is to put it to the test. We know whose done that and we know the results.

I have looked at the posting dates of stories getting a place in all four completed contests in 2016:

Valentines Day: Last Date for submissions 5 February.
Last posting date for the three winners 28 January. NO LATE WINNERS

April Fool: Last Date for submissions 21 March.
Third Place story was posted 23 March. The other two 3rd and 11th March.

Nude Day: Last Date for submissions 11 July
First place story posted 11 July. Other two 24th June and 1 July. Posted 11 July? Could have been submitted well in time.

Summer Lovin': Last Date for submissions 6 September.
Dates for the three winning stories 22 August, 23 August, and 1 September. NO LATE WINNERS

By my calculations that is only April Fool and Nude Day contests that possibly had ONE late winner each - and the authors were different.

I think the underlying assumption in a lot of these conspiracy theories is that EVERYONE would have a perfect score of 5.00 were it not for the (mythical) hordes of trolls dropping 1, 2, and 3 bombs for weeks on end. (An assumption that the Newbie posters picked up on, and who can blame them?)

Some of the cabal have managed to evade this by "keeping the votes low" and others have learned to simply post on the very last day, thereby avoiding the rain of bombs.

That's the story, at any rate.

Even if it were true (lol) still nothing wrong with it. Not cheating.

Of course, just like The Dumpfkopf himself, it conveys a total lack of respect to both the voters and writers of lit. It delegitimizes the entire process. How do you know what's a "real" score and what's a faked, rigged score? Answer: if you're not part of a cabal or if you're a friend of LC, and have been given an excuse from the principal, your score's real. You get a Gold Star. If you're part of a cabal (or even suspected of being so) your great shiny score is a big ol' fraud.

Like it's so easy to dream up a 4.8 story to begin with. Oh wait a minute, I forgot: there's always the "How To" section excuse. If you did manage to write a story that people loved, you consulted the How To section beforehand!

The election's rigged, people*. Why, at this very moment, hordes of 5.0s from the dead voter IP address rolls are being forced to be tabulated by Laurel, who is being held captive in a safe room while a group of hit men from Texas are threatening to poke out her eye with a Flamin' Hot Cheetoh.

*Except if the "right" person wins.

Last edited:
I think the underlying assumption in a lot of these conspiracy theories is that EVERYONE would have a perfect score of 5.00 were it not for the (mythical) hordes of trolls dropping 1, 2, and 3 bombs for weeks on end. (An assumption that the Newbie posters picked up on, and who can blame them?)

Some of the cabal have managed to evade this by "keeping the votes low" and others have learned to simply post on the very last day, thereby avoiding the rain of bombs.

Of course, just like The Dumpfkopf himself, it conveys a total lack of respect to both the voters and writers of lit. It delegitimizes the entire process. How do you know what's a "real" score and what's a faked, rigged score? Answer: if you're not part of a cabal or if you're a friend of LC, and have been given an excuse from the principal, your score's real. You get a Gold Star. If you're part of a cabal (or even suspected of being so) your great shiny score is a big ol' fraud.

Like it's so easy to dream up a 4.8 story to begin with. Oh wait a minute, I forgot: there's always the "How To" section excuse. If you did manage to write a story that people loved, you consulted the How To section beforehand!

The election's rigged, people*. Why, at this very moment, hordes of 5.0s from the dead voter IP address rolls are being forced to be tabulated by Laurel, who is being held captive in a safe room while a group of hit men from Texas are threatening to poke out her eye with a Flamin' Hot Cheetoh.

The thing about conspiracy theorists is they are always looking for things aren't necessarily there. It's never about proving a point. It's always about proving they are right. They word their arguments carefully to put the opposing side into a "trap" where they have an answer for any response. They also word things carefully so they can back-peddle, like, say, calling someone out for something to put a target on their head without directly calling them out for it. "I didn't say that! I only dropped a name..."

At the same time, the hypocrisy continues. Point out statistical facts countering the argument and that's not good enough because "we know the formula, put it to the test, and know the results." Well if that's the case, show us the money!

I think you said it best and put an iron-clad end to any and all of these allegations:

"You can't win a contest if your story is a piece of crap."

'Tis the season of the witch... hunt.

I think you said it best and put an iron-clad end to any and all of these allegations:

I could add:

You can't win the contest if you post a story with an unpopular theme such as my frequent Femdom stories. Femdom annoys real men so the story cannot get a high rating because their legitimate irritation generates lower votes.

Many of my Femdom stories struggle to get a rating of 4.00. But some readers like them so I'll keep posting them (and know I have no chance in a popularity contest :rolleyes:)

I could add:

You can't win the contest if you post a story with an unpopular theme such as my frequent Femdom stories. Femdom annoys real men so the story cannot get a high rating because their legitimate irritation generates lower votes.

Many of my Femdom stories struggle to get a rating of 4.00. But some readers like them so I'll keep posting them (and know I have no chance in a popularity contest :rolleyes:)

No, that's a part of the schemes too, apparently. One winner won a while back with a fetish story involving male bisexual themes. The accusation there was that they purposely entered into a "squicky" category with intent to garner one bombs on purpose, so that they'd be swept and only favorable votes remained. It was also said they entered it into that category as a way to keep the votes low.

You know. Regardless of the fact that the subject matter was on par with what that writer usually writes and was his personal kink.

Sorry Ogg. It would seem you're actually trying to game the system with those femdom stories.

No, that's a part of the schemes too, apparently. One winner won a while back with a fetish story involving male bisexual themes. The accusation there was that they purposely entered into a "squicky" category with intent to garner one bombs on purpose, so that they'd be swept and only favorable votes remained. It was also said they entered it into that category as a way to keep the votes low.

You know. Regardless of the fact that the subject matter was on par with what that writer usually writes and was his personal kink.

Sorry Ogg. It would seem you're actually trying to game the system with those femdom stories.

Perhaps that's why I would have won the Authors' Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest so many times - with insufficient votes to reach the 25 minimum.

As a game plan it seems to have a fatal flaw. Apart from "real men" being intelligent enough to vote 3s.

Perfectly stated.

Also, it's not true that you can avoid the trolls by submitting late. My story was late, and it's currently got the lowest score of any of my previous contest stories. Or any of my stories. Now, I'm never in contention of winning. I write the same type of weird little stories and I get the same type of scores on them. Good scores, but not winning scores. I get nice comments. I don't have a big presence on the boards. But for some reason THIS story is getting bombed where I almost never get trolled. One has to wonder, why this story? Could be a fluke. Or it could be because LC put a target on me by calling me out for submitting late. Even though he was so generously giving me a pass. The sweeps will fix the score, one hopes. But submitting late does not avoid the trolls. Especially when they are so helpfully pointed in the right direction.

Crap!
:eek: How did you find out? I even used an unmarked van with fake plates when I kidnapped her.

Oh well, guess I might as well let her out of the basement now that I'm busted... :(

Seriously though - as far as I can see, there is no ideal way of scoring these contests. I suppose they could...

- Only let registered users vote (wont prevent people from making 50 alt accounts).
- Leave the decision to a panel of selected judges (won't prevent people from crying foul and accuse the system of being rigged).
- Close the submission window long before voting ends to prevent people from using any "optimal submission time" scheme (probably won't make a difference).

Maybe it would be helpful to hide the scores during the voting period (would prevent strategic voting) or maybe even hide the names of the authors from the list (would make things more fair for those with a cheering squad or a gang of 1-bombers on their heels).

In the end, the only reliable way to win a contest is probably to submit the best story. Yeah it's sucks, but what can you do....
QpXAvNZ.gif

Last edited:
Now you see, only a couple days back Masterandmargarita said this thread was full of tumbleweeds.

Bring up shenanigans(My mother loves that word) and now its lit up like a Christmas tree.

Pilot said drama is good for business, he's guilty of an understatement there.

Perfectly stated.

Also, it's not true that you can avoid the trolls by submitting late. My story was late, and it's currently got the lowest score of any of my previous contest stories. Or any of my stories. Now, I'm never in contention of winning. I write the same type of weird little stories and I get the same type of scores on them. Good scores, but not winning scores. I get nice comments. I don't have a big presence on the boards. But for some reason THIS story is getting bombed where I almost never get trolled. One has to wonder, why this story? Could be a fluke. Or it could be because LC put a target on me by calling me out for submitting late. Even though he was so generously giving me a pass. The sweeps will fix the score, one hopes. But submitting late does not avoid the trolls. Especially when they are so helpfully pointed in the right direction.

Its possible you're right, but that was not my intent. The context of my mentioning you was simply over time you get to know people here. Pilot, Ogg, usually TX Rad, Hey All... always day one, you can set your watch by them.

To the other extreme some people, yourself as the example I used have a legitimate struggle to get something done on time. Hence when you go down to the wire, its not a "she's gaming" its good for her she got one done.

But if your bombs are from that, then they will be erased and it also proves that the bomb squad is more author or author thread ghoster driven than it is by readers.

Anyway I wanted to clear that up. I've never once thought you did anything here other than write your unique stories.

Yep. That's proof of gaming too.

Counter any accusations of cheating, and it's proof of cheating.

Show up for your favorite contest of the year? Cheating.

Respond? Cheating. Enter a contest? Cheating. Enter late? Cheating. Don't enter? Cheating. Comment on story? Cheating. Don't comment? You must be anonymous... and creating. Don't post a story? Oh now they've caught on to us knowing they are cheating, so they are laying low... and cheating.

In the end, the only reliable way to win a contest is probably to submit the best story. Yeah it's sucks, but what can you do....

Ideally, but rarely happens. Not to say there have not been some damn good stories that have placed, but often times I've seen the better ones fall. I've said many times, some of my W's made me shake my head because I'll be the first one to say I did not feel they were close to my best. Meanwhile ones I really felt I did a good job on don't get close.

Anytime the vote is in the hands of people who can vote anonymously there will ever be a 100% fool proof method.

Remember the classic line. Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool.

Its possible you're right, but that was not my intent. The context of my mentioning you was simply over time you get to know people here. Pilot, Ogg, usually TX Rad, Hey All... always day one, you can set your watch by them.

To the other extreme some people, yourself as the example I used have a legitimate struggle to get something done on time. Hence when you go down to the wire, its not a "she's gaming" its good for her she got one done.

But if your bombs are from that, then they will be erased and it also proves that the bomb squad is more author or author thread ghoster driven than it is by readers.

Anyway I wanted to clear that up. I've never once thought you did anything here other than write your unique stories.

Her point was you know jack shit. About anyone.

You are not an arbiter of who is who, nor of how they post and why.

Ideally, but rarely happens. Not to say there have not been some damn good stories that have placed, but often times I've seen the better ones fall. I've said many times, some of my W's made me shake my head because I'll be the first one to say I did not feel they were close to my best. Meanwhile ones I really felt I did a good job on don't get close.

Anytime the vote is in the hands of people who can vote anonymously there will ever be a 100% fool proof method.

Remember the classic line. Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool.

That is one reason why I started the Authors' Hangout Last Place (tm) Contests. The themed contests are about a story's popularity. There were (and are) many good, well written and interesting stories posted in these contests that never feature in the top three.

I, and I suspect many other authors as well, have no idea whether a particular story will do well in the ratings. I might think "This is one of my best" and it sinks without trace. I can also think "It's OK but..." and the rating and comments surprise me. All I can say is my stinkers have the ratings they deserve. :D

That is one reason why I started the Authors' Hangout Last Place (tm) Contests. The themed contests are about a story's popularity. There were (and are) many good, well written and interesting stories posted in these contests that never feature in the top three.

I, and I suspect many other authors as well, have no idea whether a particular story will do well in the ratings. I might think "This is one of my best" and it sinks without trace. I can also think "It's OK but..." and the rating and comments surprise me. All I can say is my stinkers have the ratings they deserve. :D

And to be fair, it is nice to have a place to come and hide and talk to other writers about suffering writer's block or rabid plot-bunny attacks or things like that.

Thanks for putting these up even when it leads to the same round-n-round.

Yes, people arguing back against your obsessive slandering, that's the real weirdness, not the fact that you are still harping on it after two years.

Let's get in a dig at others to distract from quite a few people saying your latest argument is nonsense.

The Forum Readers and posters are not the problem here.

And once again, for the record, the purported "shenanigans" are fictions of your own brain, not "facts" out in there in the world that you merely "bring up."

Now you see, only a couple days back Masterandmargarita said this thread was full of tumbleweeds.

Bring up shenanigans(My mother loves that word) and now its lit up like a Christmas tree.

Pilot said drama is good for business, he's guilty of an understatement there.

Called it.

Called what? That you're alt is showing?

Speaking of called it:

Two.

The thing about conspiracy theorists is they are always looking for things aren't necessarily there. It's never about proving a point. It's always about proving they are right. They word their arguments carefully to put the opposing side into a "trap" where they have an answer for any response. They also word things carefully so they can back-peddle, like, say, calling someone out for something to put a target on their head without directly calling them out for it. "I didn't say that! I only dropped a name..."

At the same time, the hypocrisy continues. Point out statistical facts countering the argument and that's not good enough because "we know the formula, put it to the test, and know the results." Well if that's the case, show us the money!

That.

Nice misdirection attempt though.

This is the last time I'm going to split these discussions off from the main thread. From this point forward, these type of posts appearing in the support thread will be removed.

If you wish to have these discussions, do it in another thread. The support threads are for supporting and informing participants, not speculation or attacking other members.

This is the last time I'm going to split these discussions off from the main thread. From this point forward, these type of posts appearing in the support thread will be removed.

If you wish to have these discussions, do it in another thread. The support threads are for supporting and informing participants, not speculation or attacking other members.

You seem to be Sergeant Schultz on other threads I SEE NOTHINK when it comes to personal attacks from your pets.

That.

Nice misdirection attempt though.

Nice use of irony, talking about misdirection while posting under an alt. That's classic.

Let's see, you say you're a reader and have been here since May 2015 and here is your favorites page.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=2585511&page=favorites

Reading for over a year and a half with no favorite stories or authors. No answer to any of the bio questions other than over 18.

That says "Username created simply for alting purposes' to me.

For a bonus, 'you' were created in May of last year, right around the time the shit it the fan about the 'voting block'. narrows things down quite a bit for those who pay attention.

Last edited:
I think JBJ will be sorry he's drawing attention to his posts on the topic of personal attacks. :rolleyes:

Back