The Halloween Music thread.

Some stereotypically appropriate choices

"Bela Lugosi Is Dead" by Bauhaus: obviously.
"Halloween" by Siouxsie and the Banshees: the clear choice, but I prefer "Voodoo Dolly" on the same album (Juju)—which still fits.
"Incubus Succubus II" by Xmal Deutschland: we could also go with the earlier version.
"Werewolf" by UK Decay: I imagine the name speaks for itself. I suppose we could also go with "Rising from the Dread".
"She's a Killer" by Alien Sex Fiend: it would seem odd to go without something by them.
"Release the Bats" by The Birthday Party: because bats need to be released.
"Riboflavin [Flavored Non-Carbonated Polyunsaturated Blood]" by 45 Grave: in case we want to go campy and kitschy. (Oh, and the original shoestring budget video.) [The original version wouldn't fit my theme.]

Sisters of mercy - Cry little sister (Lost boys theme)

I believe that song's actually by Gerard McMann. But it makes me strangely happy and nostalgic seeing that, remembering the days of mislabelled songs on Napster.

(Incidentally, The Sisters of Mercy really don't have any songs that are all that stereotypically Halloween-ish; but I particularly like "Marian" and "Alice". EDITED: I should have thought to look for Afterhours, which has a very horror movie sort of feel.)


I am surprised it took 50 posts to get to that one.
 
Last edited:
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life; for some reason I can't define, this song always invokes images of Cathy's ghost outside the window, pleading with Heathcliffe, and, for equally obscure reasons, Le Fanu's vampire story, 'Carmilla'.
 
"Bela Lugosi Is Dead" by Bauhaus: obviously.

I am surprised it took 50 posts to get to that one.

I'm glad someone else remembers the 80s.

I'll add this one.

https://youtu.be/_UbGtjnluyY

giphy.gif
 
Last edited:
That was kinda what I thought the new one would be. :eek: The group that wants to go is pretty solid; so many fishnets and drag will be had. Screen two is Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street...but I was out voted/will go back and forth anyway seeming how I can recite most of every movie anyway.


Ok, last one.

Rosemary's Baby -- Fantomas

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37lLqM-h-Ak

Great choice! Most of that fantomas album is horror themes and they are all amazing, I need to put that one on soon.

Here is some creepy background music for your haunted house or for when you're writing a horror story. A bunch of old jazz music made scary. Inspired by The Shining.

https://thecaretaker.bandcamp.com
 
One more: The Ghoul's. This one album band is like monster mash on acid, especially the song Monsterbilly Heaven. The monster songs are weird and hilarious and the surf tracks are genuinely great. One of the best albums ever made if you ask me.

https://youtu.be/Uvp2nWFJpEc
 
I believe that song's actually by Gerard McMann. But it makes me strangely happy and nostalgic seeing that, remembering the days of mislabelled songs on Napster.

Yep, Gerard McMann aka G Tom Mac. He also did a blues-y version of it a few years back, worth a listen.
 
Here's a treat for you: The Kronos Quartet performing Phillip Glass' score to the 1931 "Dracula" (which originally had no soundtrack at all, except during the opening credits).

Horror fans tend to dismiss this as too heavy-handed for the actual movie. I disagree, but even if you think so, you have to admit it's very compelling on its own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG76gIvzUeY
 
Back
Top