The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, quite. Rather you than me!
Although I have to admit I once had a job requiring a lot of walking.

I have a job that requires a lot of sitting......and listening to people bitch about their computers. Just so you know, there is a circle of Hell reserved for those who spend lots of money on expensive electronics then make our lives miserable because they refuse to learn the basic operation of their device.

I mean, do you call Honda every time you spend $17,000 on a new Civic?
User: "I can't get the car to drive! It won't turn on!"
Honda: "Did you try turning the key in the ignition?"
User: "Ok, it turned on...but it's still not moving"
Honda: "Did you put the car in gear?"
User: "How do I do that?"
Honda: "Move the shifter between the front seats into the desired gear"
User: "Whoa! Slow down...ok...I found it, but it won't move"
Honda: "Did you depress the brake pedal?"
User: "Ok, which letter do I put it in?"
Honda: "Letter?"
User: "Yeah, the letters by the shifter. Which one do I select?"
Honda: "What gear do you want to be in?"
User: *Sighs frustratingly* "The one that makes the car drive"
Honda: "Select 'D' for drive"
*CRASH* (User crashes through house)

Just so you know, there is a circle of Hell reserved for those who spend lots of money on expensive electronics then make our lives miserable because they refuse to learn the basic operation of their device.

I used to write the manuals for stuff.
You would not believe some of the things the engineers wanted putting in "because we've been asked this many times."

Hmpf! Well, I like my newest story, but I guess the Interracial Love crowd has certain expectations for big black studs ruining cheating white housewives and don't think this one is hard enough of the woman. Personally, I think the affair is kind of sweet.

Good day party goers.

I got tomorrow off from work before I work Tuesday then have Wednesday and Thursday off.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Got the race on, the laptop fired up, pizza heating, my ballot ready to be filled out, and cold beer in the fridge.

Next week I'm heading to the Oregon coast.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Got the race on, the laptop fired up, pizza heating, my ballot ready to be filled out, and cold beer in the fridge.

Next week I'm heading to the Oregon coast.

I spent the morning getting thoroughly cold and exhorting a squad of kids on foot drill. I spent the afternoon warming up and watching the Race.

lost it

I cannot remember the method of see how well (or badly) a story has gone down.
Would someone kindly remind me please?, 'cos it ain't that obvious to me.

I spent the morning getting thoroughly cold and exhorting a squad of kids on foot drill. I spent the afternoon warming up and watching the Race.

Getting quite cold over here too. Though I think you and I were watching a different race, HP. I was watching the NASCAR race on today. Got my ballot finished and sent off in the mail. Remember everyone (in the US), don't forget to vote Nov. 6th!

I cannot remember the method of see how well (or badly) a story has gone down.
Would someone kindly remind me please?, 'cos it ain't that obvious to me.

Are you trying to find the score of a story on a given date versus what it is now?

Getting quite cold over here too. Though I think you and I were watching a different race, HP. I was watching the NASCAR race on today.

Are you trying to find the score of a story on a given date versus what it is now?

NASCAR ? I'd better zip my mouth before I commit a faux par or worse.
No, I meant real racing cars; Formula 1, on a circuit with bends & twists in all directions, not an dangerous oval.

I'm not into stats but I cannot find the page with my comments and so forth on.
[it's a long time between stories. . . . ]

No, I meant real racing cars; Formula 1, on a circuit with bends & twists in all directions, not an dangerous oval.

I'm not into stats but I cannot find the page with my comments and so forth on.
[it's a long time between stories. . . . ]

Eh, I've heard all the NASCAR left turn jokes so I don't get offended. I just smile and remind them that Indy cars also run ovals and NHRA drag racing is just a straight line for 3 seconds. I actually used to hate it up until last year, but after I watched a couple races flag to flag I became hooked. I do like F1 as well, and just about any other motorsport (Australian V8, Indycar, Grand-Am, etc). I would like watch more F1 races, but they only air them on SPEED channel here and at odd hours. The trick is to appreciate the differences that make both sports unique.

You mean looking up user comments by going to your profile>Submissions>View, then click 'moderate public comments'?

Eh, I've heard all the NASCAR left turn jokes so I don't get offended. I just smile and remind them that Indy cars also run ovals and NHRA drag racing is just a straight line for 3 seconds. I actually used to hate it up until last year, but after I watched a couple races flag to flag I became hooked. I do like F1 as well, and just about any other motorsport (Australian V8, Indycar, Grand-Am, etc). I would like watch more F1 races, but they only air them on SPEED channel here and at odd hours. The trick is to appreciate the differences that make both sports unique.

You mean looking up user comments by going to your profile>Submissions>View, then click 'moderate public comments'?

I grew up watching Northeast DIRT/SuperDIRT racing, along with NASCAR and the other various North American series. To me, F1 is more about the car and technology, NOT about the driver.

Racing should be about the driver, not who wrote the better software.

I grew up watching Northeast DIRT/SuperDIRT racing, along with NASCAR and the other various North American series. To me, F1 is more about the car and technology, NOT about the driver.

Racing should be about the driver, not who wrote the better software.

At the risk of starting a row, I must make mention that F1 has, for the last few years, almost standardised the cars to the point where it's not mostly the driver's skill. The Teams get a fixed number of engines and gearboxes for the season and penalties are inflicted if one is changed. They've even reduced the top RPM !

Anyone fancy a glass of something?
ROLF !
Set 'em up please

Happy Moanday party-goers!

I wish I could put my feet up and relax HP, but I still haven't started my entry for the winter contest here! Plus I've got the links on my blog to re-organize. I'm also planning on installing a few games on my computer so that I'll have something to do when I get bored (can't write all the time).

At the risk of starting a row, I must make mention that F1 has, for the last few years, almost standardised the cars to the point where it's not mostly the driver's skill. The Teams get a fixed number of engines and gearboxes for the season and penalties are inflicted if one is changed. They've even reduced the top RPM !

Anyone fancy a glass of something?
ROLF !
Set 'em up please

Too much technology, rows of engineers sitting at computer banks, ugh, and this from a man that earns coin of the realm as a computer consultant, programmer, NERD

I'm under the weather, so I'll go to the great-grandmother's recipe for what ills ya:

2 cups lemon aid
1 tablespoon cionnamon
2 cups brandy

Mix the first two ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Throw them out and drink the brandy.

It won't cure a thing, but you won't care!!!

I need to dig around my room and find the flask my brother gave me for Xmas a few years back. With the way things have been going, I might need to slip a few drinks in at work.

Wish I could stay, but I got to brainstorm how to start my contest entry and go to the bottle depot today.

1. Assemble a pad of clean paper
2. Locate a suitable writing instrument.
3. . . . . . .

And here I sit with my story half to two-thirds written and we're going to go buy a new desktop after nine years. Good thing I save all my stories on a flash drive and have a laptop for backup . . .

Yanno, it's just what I figured. The same collection of trolls that infest LW also slither around Interracial snarling and puking about 'slut wives' and 'whores'. Like these stories really happen. I am in full agreement with the theory that in RL they're such troglodytes that their own wives left them for someone with a sense of humor. Hmpf. Back to Group Sex, BDSM (light) and SF. The audience is so much more civilized.

Oh, y'all are just having too much fun in here for me to stay away. That, and it's freezing cold where I am. Boo, hiss. Can it please be spring tomorrow?

Getting quite cold over here too. Though I think you and I were watching a different race, HP. I was watching the NASCAR race on today. Got my ballot finished and sent off in the mail. Remember everyone (in the US), don't forget to vote Nov. 6th!
For those of us US citizens not living in the US, make sure your ballot is postmarked by today!!

EEE!! I was actually home and awake enough to watch the race! Go Kimi! Yes, I was able to resurrect my Happy Dance, although it was somewhat abbreviated since I had to dash off for rehearsal.

1. Assemble a pad of clean paper
2. Locate a suitable writing instrument.
3. . . . . . .
I always have a notepad or two in my purse. Want one?

And here I sit with my story half to two-thirds written and we're going to go buy a new desktop after nine years. Good thing I save all my stories on a flash drive and have a laptop for backup . . .

Yanno, it's just what I figured. The same collection of trolls that infest LW also slither around Interracial snarling and puking about 'slut wives' and 'whores'. Like these stories really happen. I am in full agreement with the theory that in RL they're such troglodytes that their own wives left them for someone with a sense of humor. Hmpf. Back to Group Sex, BDSM (light) and SF. The audience is so much more civilized.

Did the hard drive go out or just the power supply or CPU? If the hard drive is still good, get a backup drive case and stick the old hard drive in it. All your stuff should still be there. Then you just copy what you want across to the new drive. Once you have all your stuff on the new drive, format the old one and you have a place to back up that computer to.

As for a new desktop, check out Asus for a good computer at a reasonable price. I got a new desk top and a new 20" flat screen for less than 350 bucks at Best Buy.

But it's so much fun to twist those LW's trolls tails and see them snarl even louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back