First album you bought

I saw them play at the Capital Centre in 1975, the tracks from Dark Side of the Moon blew me away.

Oooo! The Capital Centre!! Saw some great shows there, Van Halen, AC/DC, Ozzy, I saw Floyd there too, they had a light show that was amazing.
 
Oooo! The Capital Centre!! Saw some great shows there, Van Halen, AC/DC, Ozzy, I saw Floyd there too, they had a light show that was amazing.

I saw you there......flashing boobs at me. That's how I remembered it! :rolleyes:
 
Only cassette I ever wore out was Van Halen

01-Van-Halen.jpg


1. "Runnin' with the Devil" 3:36
2. "Eruption" (instrumental) 1:43
3. "You Really Got Me" (Ray Davies) 2:38
4. "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" 3:50
5. "I'm the One" 3:47
Side B
No. Title Length
1. "Jamie's Cryin'" 3:31
2. "Atomic Punk" 3:02
3. "Feel Your Love Tonight" 3:43
4. "Little Dreamer" 3:23
5. "Ice Cream Man" (John Brim) 3:20
6. "On Fire"

I probably burned thru at least two cassettes to the point of not playing at all. Even the last one I bought has drag in it. Thank god for digital downloads

At one point I had everything Van Halen ever put on Vinyl..Up to OU812.
 
At one point I had everything Van Halen ever put on Vinyl..Up to OU812.

I loved all the DLR stuff. Fair Warning was, to me, the best album they made but the first one was always in the car so it seemed to always get more play while driving.
 
Your second was my first. I killed my Bat out of hell album, killed my cassette and then went through several CD's. Love it for life. Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Geez, I remember we had the Bat out of Hell 8-track!
 
The Allman Brothers- Eat a Peach

Before that was all 45's or listening to AM late into the night on my Sony transistor radio. The ear plugs kept it quiet when I was supposed to be sleeping.


I love every track on that double album.
 
I love every track on that double album.

The album was released after Duane Allman's death from a car wreck. He had recorded much of the album but it was not yet complete. His heartbroken brother and band pushed through their sorrow to finished it off. He was almost 25 when he died- another in the long list of brilliant musicians who died too young.
 
A Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders. My uncle introduced me to real hip hop and I fell in love. The wordplay the melodies heavy bass lines, and generally positive or conscious thoughts. A book with music.
 
The album was released after Duane Allman's death from a car wreck. He had recorded much of the album but was it was not complete. His heartbroken brother and band pushed through their sorrow to finished it off. He was almost 25 when he died- another in the long list of brilliant musicians who died too young.

Yeah, I grew up listening to them. Duane was killed on his motorcycle. Barry Oakley the bassist in the band was killed a year later on his bike just three block from where Duane hit the truck. Barry hit a bus - crazy . . .

Mountain Jam on this album was one of the last things Duane recorded.
 
My second album bought was Houses of the Holy- Led Zeppelin. Still awesome 40 years later.

One of things i miss about albums was the great album artwork. You could spend hours with lyrics and the band members. Downloads just don't have the flair!
 
Yeah, I grew up listening to them. Duane was killed on his motorcycle. Barry Oakley the bassist in the band was killed a year later on his bike just three block from where Duane hit the truck. Barry hit a bus - crazy . . .

Mountain Jam on this album was one of the last things Duane recorded.

That's right a bike accident....I was glad to hear Gregg's new album last year. Still bringing that Southern Rock even after all the drugs and health issues.
 
That's right a bike accident....I was glad to hear Gregg's new album last year. Still bringing that Southern Rock even after all the drugs and health issues.

I just got an email today about tickets going on sale this weekend for a March show he'll be doing at the Hard Rock Casino here in Cleveland. I might go . . . I always liked his solo stuff too. Laid Back, and there was a double live album I had that he did with a band called Cowboy I was really into.
 
First two albums were purchased at the same time:

Queen's Greatest Hits

Glass Houses, by Billy Joel

Oh, they were both on 8-track.

-LCN
 
The first album I remember buying with my own hard earned (not really) money was janet by Janet Jackson.
 
The Misfits album Walk Among Us, it was my dad's favorite band, I grew up listening to them and they are now one of my favorite bands.
 
First two albums were purchased at the same time:

Queen's Greatest Hits

Glass Houses, by Billy Joel

Oh, they were both on 8-track.

-LCN

I had an 8-track in my Pinto with great stereo and speakers. Car was crap but sound was excellent!
 
My first record I received as a gift in 1970.




The first record I bought with my own money in 1974.






I now have 52 Beach Boy albums.
 
First album I remember was fleetwood mac, must had an effect on me given I named my daughter Rhiannon.
 
The first album I bought with my own money (sort of) was Joan Jet and the Black Hearts. It was one of those little records. 75? It had "I love Rock and Roll" on the A side. B side was "Crimson and Clover". I was like 4 years old. Maybe younger. I have always been music obsessed, even at that age. :)
 
I bought a 45 vinyl record of Madonna; Like a virgin. I think I was like 13 at the time. I had earned money from baby sitting a neighbor and she was popular then I bought it and played it a lot.
 
Back
Top