Sharing Erotica With Friends

MatthewVett

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 21, 2009
Posts
3,178
Anyone have experiences with this? Not just telling friends that you write, but actually sending them stories to read? I've done it a few times, and even now, I still get a bit nervous when I do so. I guess I worry that they're going to assume I'm into everything I write about and conclude negative things about me... People seem to think that authors agree with all of their characters.
 
People, especially women, get bat-shit crazy even when you warn them of the story content. But they don't get crazy if you use their name for the character.
 
When I first started posting stories on Lit, I worked at a restaurant, which has a decidedly more open-minded temperament amongst its employees. I was very open about the kinds of stories I write and had several of my co-workers check them out online. Later, when I started publishing them, even my general manager bought a couple.

I don't go out of my way to advertise the stories I write, but if someone asks, I tell them. I often warn them that they're pretty graphic, so they better understand what they're reading before they start.
 
My heterosexual friends change the subject when I try to talk to them about my writing and after the poledancing teaching and burlesque organising mom of Piglet's friend nearly broke her jaw on the floor after hearing what kind of stories I write, I decided not to shout out at the schoolgate: "Yeah! Next thing to 50 Shades over here, yummy mummies!"

But my gay gal pal suggested we collaborate on an MM sex romp with him providing the 'anatomical detail' and me doing the boring writing bit, LOL. I feel very proud that he enjoyed the story and didn't feel the need to add a single 'anatomical detail'. Luckily nobody thinks I based that on my own personal experience, although I may have to put a disclaimer into my upcoming MILF chapter. :D
 
I have had a few friends that I have sent stories to but only after I knew they were pretty much as freaky as me. :D They all loved the stories and usually asked for me. I kind of got off on the fact that they liked them so much.
 
I have had a few friends that I have sent stories to but only after I knew they were pretty much as freaky as me. :D They all loved the stories and usually asked for me. I kind of got off on the fact that they liked them so much.

I can agree with this. As scared as I am when I send my stories off, I absolutely relish any positive feedback I get back.
 
No, I don't send any of my stories off to the side of sending them to the editor and then posting/publishing them.
 
I have done it twice. In both cases women I knew asked me to write stories for them. In both cases, it turned out badly. I don't think either of them had any idea just how twisted my imagination could be.

Now, I only write anonymously for Lit. readers. The people I know personally are better off not knowing what is going on inside my head.
 
A certain group of my friends, whom I knew to be very openminded about such things, know that I post stories here and they know my handle. So they can read the stories if they want, but I don't know if any of them actually do. And of course my wife knows: she's the one who told me about Lit in the first place. ;)
 
It really depends on the friend, but pretty much I try and keep those two things separate. It's hard for people to realize a fantasy and a story may or may not be more then just that. If I'm not willing to tell them the details of my real sex life, I don't think I'd share a fantasy with them. There's a line that usually just shouldn't be crossed.
 
I'd rather not kill off anymore of the few friends I have left.

Actually, most of my friends know what I write, where I post it, and under what name.
 
I don't share with anyone I know! Most people know I'm a pervert, I just choose to not let then know how right they are.

ONE time I tried sharing a link to my profile, and afterwards this friend wouldn't even talk about it. The content just freaked them out so bad it was like their brain short circuited.
 
I sent links to friends, to my ex (who read everything posted on Lit) . . . my son's girlfriend has it and read several stories . . . both of my kids know all the places I have stuff and have read most everything so far. The elderly couple living downstairs here read my contribution (non-erotic) to an anthology that's in hardcover.

I don't keep it a secret.
 
I keep reading this as "Shaving Erotica With Friends". Perhaps it's time for bed.
 
I keep reading this as "Shaving Erotica With Friends". Perhaps it's time for bed.

Hm, that actually sounds like a good idea. There's something very intimate about performing those little duties of upkeep on another: shaving, trimming nails, &c.
 
The first bit of erotica I wrote was actually for a college creative writing assignment. (It's posted here, in a somewhat re-worked version, as "Endymion." The link is http://www.literotica.com/s/endymion ) A lot of my friends read it. But it was strictly a one-off.

I've shared my later stories with two friends. One of the friends got sort of freaked out by a story that was heavy on sadism, and we don't communicate anymore. I can't blame her. It even freaked me out when I wrote it.

The second friend became my editor and actually brought me to Literotica. He's currently the only one I share stories with.

Because of the sort of work I do and the people I do it with, I must keep my erotica a secret, and I don't trust the friends I have in my present social circles to keep it. But I do wonder at times what sort of secret lives they lead.
 
Or, maybe you just really want to write a story centered around a shaving fetish. ;)
Hm. That's a thought.

Hm, that actually sounds like a good idea. There's something very intimate about performing those little duties of upkeep on another: shaving, trimming nails, &c.
I wonder what poor Erotica's mother was thinking when she decided on that name.
 
I've been sharing my stories with my best friend for years. She absoultely LOVES them. At first, she was iffy about reading them. But after she tried one, she loved it. Now when I tell her I'm working on a new one, she gets all excited. Honestly, I love it. Nothing feels better than having someone else love something that you created. That's one of the best parts. I absolutely adore feedback and I'm so flattered by it.

However, its not for everyone to know. My boyfriend knows I write, and hes ok with it, but I can't for the life of me get him to read one. He just says that he will, but never does. Not everyone is interested.
 
Back
Top