I need help at Amazon

SandraMustard

Literotica GYLF
I never bought or sold my own novels at Amazon so I can't post a review or start a discussion. I published my Seduction at the Beach Time Salon contest story (slightly revised) at Smashwords on 3/18. A day later, Mark Smith published it word for word as "Seduction at Time Salon", even took my description. He couldn't have the whole story (no one has purchased it yet :( )so his must be only the first 20%, perhaps padded at the end with something else.

I sent a message to Amazon but I would like someone with Amazon privileges to post a review for me to call the thief out.

Thanks,
Sandy
(Posted by Jack)

I never bought or sold my own novels at Amazon so I can't post a review or start a discussion. I published my Seduction at the Beach Time Salon contest story (slightly revised) at Smashwords on 3/18. A day later, Mark Smith published it word for word as "Seduction at Time Salon", even took my description. He couldn't have the whole story (no one has purchased it yet :( )so his must be only the first 20%, perhaps padded at the end with something else.

I sent a message to Amazon but I would like someone with Amazon privileges to post a review for me to call the thief out.

Thanks,
Sandy
(Posted by Jack)

Is it possible. they lifted the lit version to get the entire thing?

I'll search it and see if I can find my old password to leave a review under something other than my author name there.

meantime post the link here so others can do it as well.

Can you give me the link to both pages (yours and that asshole's)?

I need the details before I can post something.

It's too late tonight for me to read anything that long, but I will go tomorrow and post a review accusing the plagiarist. I really hate those assholes, especially when they are stealing a work an honest author is trying to sell. :mad:

You don't need to buy a book to review it, you just need to have purchased something, anything, with your Amazon account.

I would like someone with Amazon privileges to post a review for me to call the thief out.

I will go tomorrow and post a review accusing the plagiarist.

You can't do that. The review/comment will be blocked from being posted or removed. You may also risk your account. They've been known to ban people for things like that.

OP, see this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/cu...e=UTF8&nodeId=201140760&qid=1459689474&sr=1-1

You don't need to buy a book to review it, you just need to have purchased something, anything, with your Amazon account.

Just goes to show that I never buy anything.

Unfortunately my wife is doing everything she can to keep them in business

I'll have her take care of this when she gets home

Last edited:
You can't do that. The review/comment will be blocked from being posted or removed. You may also risk your account. They've been known to ban people for things like that.

OP, see this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/cu...e=UTF8&nodeId=201140760&qid=1459689474&sr=1-1

Depends. If you buy the book then post a simple comment saying. This book was stolen from another author. They will most likely leave it.

We've had this happen many times here including a woman that had stolen over 250 lit stories:eek:

All those books were removed eventually, but....she still has her account and puts up new books which may also be stolen.

Amazon simply does not really care.

Sandy has been traveling to visit her dad for his 89th birthday, returning today while I try to deal with this between work shifts.

I tried the recommended Smile help but it only works if Sandy's version is for sale at Amazon (which it isn't). We received a reply today to my contact to Amazon yesterday but it was ignored because they couldn't find any sales on her account (yes, in 2.5 years her "Waiting to be His" novel was for sale at Amazon, they never reported a single sale :mad: although they should have computer records of the posting.)

Someone put a simple comment about the story and my authorship on the thief's novel. Thank you. That helps.

I found I COULD use the "Lower price elsewhere" form to claim the story was available HERE for FREE. That should stop the novel making money (I hope).

Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post

I don't see why I can't do that. If I buy the book from Amazon, read it and post a comment accusing the plagiarist, there should be nothing wrong with that. What I CAN'T do is post a review of one of my own books.

Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post

I don't see why I can't do that. If I buy the book from Amazon, read it and post a comment accusing the plagiarist, there should be nothing wrong with that. What I CAN'T do is post a review of one of my own books.

I think the warning was about the wording of a comment you might leave. If you look at a comment someone else left, you might take a similar approach.

It's sad that almost every avenue to contact Amazon has been blocked by the fact that I never sold (or bought) a book at Amazon. Even their response to yesterday's complaint contained a link to use but that fails for the same reason.

I have just followed Manu's suggestion to contact the copyright dept at Amazon by email with a DCMA notice. We'll see where that goes.

Thanks for the support we're getting from author friends here at Lit.

Jack (for Sandy)

Amazon comes through

I received this email:

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your message. Please be advised that we are in the process of removing the following Kindle titles from sale on all Amazon sites:

Seduction at time salon ASIN: B01D6U1UIG

It typically takes 2-3 days for the changes to be reflected on the sites. We trust this will bring this matter to a close.

Best Regards,

Anne Tarpey

Copyright/Trademark Agent
Amazon.com

The point to learn from this for other authors, Manu's sticky about sending DCMA email to the address he suggests was the only way we got results and in less than 24 hours. I even used an Amazon DCMA template his sticky provided in a link.

-Jack (AirRichard101)

That's really great to get this feedback, Sandra, that this mechanism works with Amazon. Well done for getting it sorted.
:rose:

The 'offending' Amazon page was gone by 6 am. Wednesday, Sydney time.

Back