Self Bondage?

At first blush, the idea brings to mind the difficulty one has in tickling one's self. The tactile sensation is there, but there is not that hard-to-define sense of peril.

I think part of why I am initially unimaginative about this is I don't have a particular yearn for anyone else to tie me up, either. I do understand the appeal though. I am switchy enabled, but it isn't my baseline.

The engineer in me is a little tickled on a cerebral basis to think of an actual self bondage method that would actually be inescapable. (Safety first kids, of course one has a person available for escape as needed.) I kind of like predicament bondage though....so like a key nearby but frozen in a block of ice suspended and melting out of reach might do it...
 
I think I get off on just the look of it too.

I remember seeing pictures of women in some sort of bondage photos when I was younger. I found some magazines cleaning out a neighbor's house when the old guy died. They were real old and had kind of like those Betty Page photos--staged, stylish, clever costumes. It seemed so naughty or dirty, but very interesting.
 
I have been doing self bondage for 40 years, I guess this means I have a lot of experience.

Years ago I decided that handcuffs hurt too much and they could leave "ligature" marks on your wrists. Therefore I went to a big hardware store and bought plastic tubing and forced it over the metal. It took 2 sizes of tubing and a lot of working on it. Get the thin walled tubing. The main drawback is they don't "go around, through itself" when no one is in them to get ready to lock on someone. If they lock closed you must use the key to open them to use them on someone.

More recently [months ago] I started using 1" nylon straps and plastic snap buckles like on a backpack. I ended up with 3 different types of buckles. This was in some ways a pain in the ass because I had to be careful that the male buckle on one thing I made would go with the female on the other thing I wanted to attach it to. Having them all the same would have been better.

This system has 2 problems. a] If you just use a buckle around your wrist, when you pull on it the buckle can/will dig into your wrist and leave a mark and hurt. And b] It is hard to attach 2 things close together, like 2 wrists. I found a solution to the 1st problem, but never the 2nd. So, instead of attaching my hands together I took to using a PVC pipe to hold them apart, but that is a different story which I'll go into only if requested. See below for the solution to the 1st problem.

A few months ago Walmart had straps with buckles and separate [non-matching] "repair" buckle kits with 2 buckles and 2 "belt loops" to secure the end that went on the female buckle that just had a loop for the strap to go through. The male buckle has the teeth and loop for pulling the strap tight and holding it secure. They were cheap and light weight, and you end up with at least 2 types of buckles.

A large hardware store in Boulder, CO had a nice selection of straps and buckles. I could have bought wider straps for instance. Here the buckles were a lot more money but much heavier weight. Also, you could buy buckles that had the teeth on both sides [both the male and female sides]. These, I found, are very useful in some places. If I had the money and I were starting from scratch I would buy all the same from there. They also had several colors and weights [or thicknesses] of the straps on spools so you could get longer straps. Sometimes light weight straps are more useful because I needed to put 2 or even 3 straps through the same loop/slot on a buckle. I also bought a few "D" rings.

You can sew the straps onto the ends of the buckles or use the belt-loop things to secure them. I always wanted to change/improve the things I made so the belt-loops were often better, but sewing is cheaper and doesn't come loose like the belt-loops can. A little of both might be best.

To "Frog-tie" yourself you could use 1 strap for each leg. Wrap it around your shin and thigh of a leg 2, 3 or 4 times and clip the buckle & pull it tight and your done. It comes apart easy too, in an emergency this might save your life.

To tie your legs together, wrap a strap around your ankles 3 or 4 times and clip the buckle. And do the same at your knees.

The solution to the buckles digging into your flesh/wrists is kinda complicated. I hope you can understand it without a picture. The basic concept is that the buckle is what hurts so you need to attach the strap to the wall [or whatever] to the buckle instead of to the strap. But how do you keep it centered on the buckle? My solution: a] make a short strap that fits around the person's wrist or ankle snugly. b] Take it off the person. c] Take another short strap and feed it through the loop on 1 buckle, across to the other buckle, out through the loop on that buckle, and attach it somehow to the other end of the same strap. I wanted a half-buckle here to attach to various other things [things include: a long strap to attach to the bedpost for instance, the other wrist, the ankle, one end of a PVC pipe, etc.].
. . . This 2nd strap needs to have a loop in it that goes through the 2 loops of the buckle that is tight on the wrist. This loop needs to be just the right size so adjustable is good [but not so that it works loose as the person struggles]. It needs to be big enough so the when you open the tight strap you can slide it onto/off-of the wrist. It needs to be as small as possible so the wrist can be as close as possible to the other wrist [for instance]. This was my 1st idea. It was too far from the other wrist for my taste.

So I improved it. Imagine a figure "8"; the bottom loop is the one that goes around the wrist, the top loop has the half-buckle sticking up at the center that will connect to whatever, and the center bar is the buckle that pulls the loops tight around the wrist, the loops on that buckle's ends can slide up and down easily. Open this buckle and you have one big loop that is just large enough to let you side it on/off the wrist. So now, for each wrist or ankle you need 1 & a half buckles and 1 "short" strap. You will also need 2 of what I called above "belt-loops" that are used to secure a strap to a simple "loop" on the end of a buckle. The belt loops don't just hold it all together they also keep the cross buckle from moving up and letting the wrist escape. You will have to sew the strap together because as the person struggles and pulls, the strap can slide through the belt-loops and come apart. I didn't want to do that because I want to be able to change things around, so I experimented with putting the strap through the belt loops twice and back through again on 1 side. BTW the belt-loops don't both face out, 1 faces in and 1 out to do this. There are 2 layers of strap that go through the half buckle in the center.

So, what it looks like again is a figure-8 with a half buckle sticking out the top. The bottom loop of the 8 will go around the wrist, the top loop provides the slack to make the O big enough to slip on/off the wrist when the center buckle is open, and the bar between the 2 sides of the 8 is the buckle.

Put 1 around each wrist and connect the 2 half buckles to each other [1male and 1 female] and you have "handcuffs". But the closest the wrists can be is equal to a 6" chain between standard handcuffs. This is OK for ankle cuffs, but not really OK for wrist cuffs. As I said above I don't have an answer for this problem, except to work around it, perhaps holding the hands apart instead of close together. For instance, a 2 foot PVC pipe with a collar in the center and a half buckle on each end, but can you untie yourself from this. Only if you can twist your wrist and reach that buckle on the end of the pipe.

Another different solution to just make hand-ties or ankle-ties that are much tighter is: again you will end up with a figure-8. The 2 loops will go around 1 ankle each, the center bar is a buckle. open the buckle and you get a letter "q". A half-buckle is on the end of the tail of the q and the other half-buckle is sticking out where the loop of the q touches the vertical shank of the q. Put one ankle through the loop, pull the loop tight, and loop the tail of the q around the other ankle and clip the half-buckle on the end to the other half-buckle sticking out the center. Pull the straps tight. They could be sewn if you will always use it on the same person. Also works for wrists. These hand-cuff ties could be attached to an overhead pulley so that the buckle doesn't dig into the flesh, if you put a strap around the buckle as you buckle it [that is: put the buckle through a loop in the strap as you buckle it], this strap is then pulled up to the pulley. If you put the strap through the loop on a buckle on 1 buckle when you put weight on the wrists the buckle will be twisted, this will pull the straps around the wrists much tighter and could cut off blood flow. To avoid this you could put the loop of the strap through the loop of a buckle on both buckles, going through in opposite directions so the buckle stays vertical.

I hope someone finds this useful.

.

I've printed this out so I can experiment with your ideas. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.
 
I'd be interested in some role playing where

I'm being tied up by a friend or relative. I'd ask them to do it for a story I'm writing or something like that--something where it's not supposed to be sexual, but obviously I'm doing it for the excitement. Any suggestions?
 
I'm being tied up by a friend or relative. I'd ask them to do it for a story I'm writing or something like that--something where it's not supposed to be sexual, but obviously I'm doing it for the excitement. Any suggestions?

PM me please. I don't always check these threads.
 
I'm being tied up by a friend or relative. I'd ask them to do it for a story I'm writing or something like that--something where it's not supposed to be sexual, but obviously I'm doing it for the excitement. Any suggestions?

It could be a school play, an art class...
 
Or just tell them that you have been looking into escapology, and you'd really like to see, is they can tie you up good enough to not be able to struggle out of it.

Make a bet for a burger or something like that.

( but make sure you can trust the person, you are going to be helpless! And agree on the "rules of the game" before starting)
 
Or just tell them that you have been looking into escapology, and you'd really like to see, is they can tie you up good enough to not be able to struggle out of it.

Make a bet for a burger or something like that.

( but make sure you can trust the person, you are going to be helpless! And agree on the "rules of the game" before starting)

I've been reading about Houdini and...
 
I restrain my self while masterbating, or occasionally just for fun, only indoors though. I've yet to try any kind of bondage while out and about. I do walk areound with a quiet vibrator inside my pussy. Sadly both of my vibs have dies recently and I will have to purchase more before doing this fun task. I usually tie my wrists/ankles/knees together and use my handcuffs to make playing a bit more challenging for me. I LOVE the sound of the handcuffs clicking when I tighten them. Sometimes I get them out and play with them just to hear that clicking sound. Loosening and tightening them over and over again. It gives me chills in the best kinda way <3
 
I restrain my self while masterbating, or occasionally just for fun, only indoors though. I've yet to try any kind of bondage while out and about. I do walk areound with a quiet vibrator inside my pussy. Sadly both of my vibs have dies recently and I will have to purchase more before doing this fun task. I usually tie my wrists/ankles/knees together and use my handcuffs to make playing a bit more challenging for me. I LOVE the sound of the handcuffs clicking when I tighten them. Sometimes I get them out and play with them just to hear that clicking sound. Loosening and tightening them over and over again. It gives me chills in the best kinda way <3

I hope you carry them around with you in your bag--to remind you.
 
I've been experimenting with I guess pretty mild self bondage lately, and I was wondering if this is really weird, or if others do this. Usually I just make a tight belt out of clothesline, and then attach rope front and back between my legs, but tight. Then I'll get dressed and go out.

I have restrained myself while masturbating. I've used clothes pins on my nipples. Sometimes I'll blindfold myself. I fantasize somebody walking in on me like that.
 
I've been experimenting with I guess pretty mild self bondage lately, and I was wondering if this is really weird, or if others do this. Usually I just make a tight belt out of clothesline, and then attach rope front and back between my legs, but tight. Then I'll get dressed and go out.

If your going to tie with a clothesline style rope (not recommended) carry a pair of EMT scissors with you just encase! That type of rope tends to bind to itself rather hard and becomes difficult to untie
 
I'm a fan of bondage, I love it *shivers* but I haven't self bonded. It's not weird though, I don't think, just not what I dooo.
 
I'm a fan of bondage, I love it *shivers* but I haven't self bonded. It's not weird though, I don't think, just not what I dooo.

I'm looking forward to looking at your posts to see that weird stuff.
 
slef bondage, self spanking, i'm up for it all. I will use rope for my cock and balls and tie them up when going out. and when I masaturbate I usually use a belt and "spank & wank" as I call it. stroking while slapping my ass with the belt. such a turn on for me. I did like that pinterest rope that was shared here. I wonder how it could be modified for a guy? always looking for new self bondage ideas.
 
After reading this thread through I will now always be suspicious of B&Q patrons.
 
Back
Top