The wedding and after (open to one guy)

nightmistress

Goddess Rising
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Posts
5,876
The wedding and after (closed for catlover)

I got this idea from a rp I was involved with a long time ago. Basically the father of the bride and the maid of honor hook up at the wedding they are a part of and things go from there.

Out of character (about the maid of honor)

Name: Iris
Age: 29
Height: 5'8" in bare feet
Hair color: Auburn Brown shoulder length
Eye color: Blue Green
Figure: killer curves (not skinny). 42 c cup
How she knows the bride and thus how she knows the father of the bride: She and the bride have been friends since they were little girls. They have done almost everything together.

In Character:

Iris stood in a pale lavender dress by her best friend Holly who was finally getting married. She tried to hold back her tears, but could not. She was just so happy for Holly. She was so grateful that Holly had asked her to be her maid of honor and to share her special day with her. Although Iris had yet to find somebody to call her own, she knew it was only a matter of time. Sure she had been chased by a lot of guys but none of them had caught her interest. She wanted a man that knew what he wanted, knew how to get it, and knew how to keep it. Now if only such a man existed....
 
Last edited:
Frank

I waited in the church lobby for the honor of escorting my little daughter to the altar to be wed to her fiance. Last night we had a rehearsal dinner with the entire wedding party and it was a delightful evening.

After the wedding ceremony, we were holding the reception at my club, with a live band, an open bar and fortunately, my open checkbook, and will be seeing them off on their honeymoon bringing up memories of my own marriage to her mother, who unfortunately passed away last year.

She had been in ill health, and tried very hard to hold out until the wedding, but just couldnt make it.

So I faced an empty house with Holly gone, but I ws very pleased with her choice of a husband, and wished them well for a successful future.
 
Iris

I turned and Frank, Holly's father. I smiled at him tenderly, I had known this man almost all my life. He was a tall man, taller than me, but I wasn't quite sure of his exact height. He and his wife had been friends with my parents, thus how Holly and I had met when we were little girls. We grew up together and were almost like sisters. When her mother died last year, it had hit both Holly and Frank hard. I had tried to be there for both of them, but even I could not understand the depth of their loss. I picked up my lily and rose bouquet and gently walked over to him before it was time to go to the alter.

"Are you alright?" I asked him quietly, trying not to teeter on the heals Holly had picked out for me. They were a high, higher than what I was used to wearing and it was throwing off my balance a bit.
 
Frank

Iris was waiting too. She came up to me, wearing those high heels which made her even taller, but I still with my 6'4" height looked down at her with a smile.

I've known her for years, having been friends with her parents who now live in Florida, and I didnt hesitate to give her cheek a little kiss, thinking this lovely woman was a desireable catch and have never been able to figure out why she hadnt found a husband for herself.

Suddenly the door opened and my little girl in her wedding dress appeared. She was so beautiful, and when she came to me she got her kiss too, also on her cheek so I wouldnt mess her lipstick.

I dont know how they got the word, but then the wedding march styarted and we assembled to go down the aisle together. First the bridesmaids, all lovely in their lavender dresses, and then Holly and me until we arrived at the altar where stood her groom, his best man, and the ushers with the pastor ready to conduct the ceremony.

He asked who giveth the bride, and I responded "Her mother and I do", and stepped back, with tears of happiness in my eyes as I listed to the pastor with the usual spiel covering the wedding ceremony.

I thought of her mother and missed her terribly, knowing how much she wanted to be here and part of the event.
 
Iris

A thousand different little thoughts wandered through my head as I stood by Holly at the alter. I wondered how I was going to sneak off and change these shoes so I could actually enjoy the dancing later. I wondered why Frank hadn't answered my question. Could it be that he hadn't had the chance to? And I wondered why he had kissed my cheek. We had always been quite friendly. I never used to hesitate to give him a hug when I was younger. But that little kiss had my mind all confused.

Think about it later, this is Holly's time. Smile, you're best friend is finally getting married to the man of her dreams. Sure that leaves me to live all alone in the apartment we shared, but it could be worse. This guy could be like my ex, which thankfully he is not I thought to myself as I tried to focus on what the pastor was saying. I had to admit to myself that being in a church unsettled me a bit. I was raised to believe in one god, but a couple of years ago I became a Pagan. It just suited me and those who knew me didn't seem to mind as long as I was happy. And I was happy for the most part. Churches though brought back some bad memories, ones that I pushed out of my mind now before they threated to settle there. This was a happy day, not one to dwell on the past...
 
Frank

The pastor pronounced them man and wife. Imagine that - my little girl married and about to start her own family. I just hoped I had helped teach her everything she needed to know, The world is so different than it was when Lois and I were married. It seems everything was a lot simpler then. We knew what we had to do.

I worked hard to bring home the bacon and she kept the house. Then little Holly came along and needed her full attention until she was ready for school. Then Lois found other avenues for her energy, including a little golf, charity work and time for friends.

Now I am alone. Even when Holly moved into an apartment with Iris, I knew she needed her independence, but she was still there to talk to on the phone even if we werent together, and to hold my hand when Lois died.

But now she has a man to take care of and keep happy, and we all know that can be a full time job, although unlike her mom, she has a very good job and earns her own money.

Now the wedding ws over, and we all stood outside the chapel while they emerged under a cloud of rice, and went to their car draped with banners and a few empty cans which rattled as they drove to the club.

We watched them go, and Iris was standing there with a tear in her eye, and I went to her and asked if she might like to ride to the club with me. I was already lonesome, and being with this pretty girl whom I have known for years was a comfort.

Earlier she had asked me if I were all right. I told her the truth.

"I dont know what I can do without her", I said as my eyes were again wet with tears, and Iris's hand found mine and squeezed it lightly.
 
Last edited:
Iris

I squeezed Frank's hand and smiled at him. He had always insisted I call him Frank, I could never remember calling him by his last name, that's how close our families were.

"It will be alright Frank. Holly will always be a part of your life. Just because she's married now doesn't change that" I said. I sighed as I sat down, slipping a pair of lower and thicker healed silver shoes out from under the table where I had hidden them earlier. I slipped out of the stilettos that Holly had picked and rubbed at my feet. Sure enough, they were red a bit.

"I hate stilettos. Whoever invented these things was a sadist" I muttered under my breath. I looked up and smiled at Frank.

"Now you offered me a ride to the club. I'd be very grateful, as you know my car is still being fixed. Every time I think it is done, the mechanic finds something else wrong with it. I'm just grateful my books have done so well, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford to fix that monster that I love so much" I said referring to my silver 1950's Chevy. I was a published writer and chose not to flaunt my wealth. My one indulgence was my car. 1951 Chevy, silver, and a beauty. Problem was she came with a lot of things wrong with her. The mechanic promised this time he had found the last thing wrong with her, but I was a little hesitant to believe him. Holly had drove me here, but of course Frank and I both knew where that car was now.
 
Frank

The reception was lovely. After ther receiving line, for which I hadnt the slightest idea of the protocol, but the wedding planner placed us in the proper order, The band started to play and of course Holly and her husband had the first dance while we all watched and then applauded.

Then I got to dance with my little girl - well not so little anymore but still my best girl. The floor became crowded and the guests all thanked me for their being included, and it was quite festive and happy.

I saw Iris standing there and I asked her to dance with me. She was a delight. Her tall frame in my arms felt wonderful, and as we danced to a romantic song, I kissed her again, but this time not on her cheek but on her lips lightly, and all I could wonder was why she hasdnt latched on to a handsome husband like Holly did.

"I think the last time we danced was at your Senior prom and Lois and I were chaperones."

After the song I thanked her for the dance and had a hard time separating myself from such a lovely girl, but she went her way and I made the rounds including a piece of the wedding cake, and a lot of chat with old friends, who kept reminding me that Lois wasnt here with me.

Finally Holly and her new husband took off. I knew where they were going for their honeymoon, for which I helped her make the arrangements, but tonight was a secret,. She didnt even want me to know where they were staying until tomorrow's flight to Hawaii.

So again I felt lonely, and since Iris didnt have her car, I asked if I could take her home.
 
Iris

The reception went so fast it was a blur. I smiled when Frank asked me to dance. Looking up into the blue eyes of Holly's father I gladly accepted. It was to a very romantic song and he held me close. What surprised me was when Frank kissed me once again. This time instead of on my cheek, it was on my lips. It was light, but still it was a kiss. I blinked up at the tall blonde man, why were his kisses flustering me so! I had known this man since I was what 5 or 6? And now here I am 29 years old and a part of me is screaming for him to kiss me more. Iris girl, there is something wrong with your head! This is Holly's father! This man has known you since you were a little girl! Thinking about him kissing you is not normal I mentally screamed at myself.

"The last time we did dance was at the Senior prom, right after my date got sick and had to go home" I said to Frank, remembering that strange night. My prom date, Alex, had gotten a stomach bug and had gotten sick right at the prom, leaving me there by myself. It had not been a pleasant evening. The song ended and we separated, I went outside to get some fresh air. I had to calm myself down. Finally I had myself under control and went back inside.

The evening was over in a flash, Holly and her husband were gone. Frank offered to take me home and I smiled.

"Don't we need to clean this place up first?" I asked, trying not to let my mind wander.
 
Frank

"Of course not, sweetheart"

Then I woke up to having called her sweetheart, but she was aptly named. She IS a sweetheart I thought as we said our goodbyes, and went to my car. I held the door for her as she slid in, wearing that precious lavender dress that Holly picked out for her bridesmaids.

Then as I drove toward town, I said that my house was going to be quite lonely, and asked if she would keep me company for a while, and since it was now early evening after a late afternoon wedding, it was too early to call it a night.

Then I said "I have heard from Holly that you have become a Pagan. Would you mind telling me about that? It's something I know nothing about and I would like to know."
 
Iris

I looked at Frank as we drove towards his house. If I was going to tell him about being Pagan, I might as well tell him everything.

"Well Frank, as you well know I was raised Christian. About two years ago, I was engaged to the man I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. One night he took me to the a church, I thought to talk about our wedding. What it turned out to be was a night of utter terror for me. I was knocked out, bound, and raped by multiple men the entire night. The man leading it all was my fiancé. He left me there, bound and bloody. A Pagan priestess who happened to be running an errand found me. She said the Goddess had led her to me. She helped me have the courage to go to the hospital to have a rape kit done and she helped me also have the courage to press charges and break the engagement. My ex fiancé and his buddies are behind bars now, thanks to her. I asked myself for the longest time why the "God" I had been raised to believe in wasn't there when I needed him. But I came to realize that while that "God" wasn't there, a Goddess was. A Goddess had kept me in her hands, sent a messenger to me in my deepest time of need. The Goddess is the mother of us all, she values all her children. The basic rule of Paganism is Harm ye none. Pagans try to live in harmony with the earth and all that lives in it. That is why I became Pagan. Because why serve a "god" that doesn't care, when there is a Goddess that does. Does that make any sense?" I asked Frank after I finally told him why I wasn't married. It was my biggest secret, something even Holly hadn't known. The memories were just too harsh to share with her, since she was such a sensitive soul....
 
Frank

I was so shocked hearing that tale, I pulled over to the side of the road and stopped. I just couldnt drive,. It wouldnt be safe.

"Oh Iris, I didnt know. That is so horrible and I wish there were something I could say to ease that pain. But there is one thing. If you have services tomorrow (tonight being a Saturday) will you take me with you? What you have told me is so in tune with my own feelings that I want to join you and share your faith with you."

She leaned over onto the arm I had around her, and when she looked up at me, I kissed her again. Again on the lips, but this time she knew it was a loving caring kiss.

I couldnt stop myself. I never gave a thought to the rape or her being so grossly abused. My hand cupped her breast and I kissed her again and again and I told her I loved her, and if she would let me I would take care of her.
 
Last edited:
Iris

I wasn't surprised when Frank pulled over. I was actually expecting it. The one other person I had told about that night, had done the same thing.

"Frank, there is a reason why I didn't tell you or Holly. That night is not one I ever like remembering. There is only one other person who knows outside of those involved with case. That person is my cousin Trent. I told him one night when he was driving me home from the police station. He wanted to know why I was there and I told him. He had to stop the car, just like you. I made him swear not to tell my parents, they couldn't handle it. They still wouldn't be able to, which is why I'm going to have to make you promise not to tell them Frank. It must remain a secret. And as for services, most of the Pagans I know are solitary. We hold our services by ourselves. Only occasionally do we get together. Tomorrow night is special, I usually visit the Pagan priestess I told you of. Tomorrow night is the anniversary of the night I was hurt, the night she found me. It will be three years. I'll be happy to introduce you to her, she would like you" I said as I leaned into his arms. As I looked into his eyes, he kissed me again. Oh dear goddess, this kiss was even more passionate, even more loving than the other two! My eyes fluttered shut, my mind let go, and I gave into the kiss. My mouth moved against his, softly, exploring, relishing in the feel. I just couldn't stop. I let out a little moan as I felt his hands on me, cupping my breast. I listened in shock as he told me that he loved me and that he would take care of me if I would let him. My mind spun, thinking of the possibilities. Then I remembered where we were.

"Frank, we're on the side of the road. Let's get back to your place and then we can talk about what we are considering doing" I said, my voice barely above a whisper with all the emotions that were running through me right now.
 
Frank

She was right. This was no place to discuss such a night. I hated letting her escape from my loving arms and kisses, but there were more where those came from.

I drove on, now knwing at lease to some extent, why she hadnt married, and why she was waiting for the right man.

I asked if she had found himn and she quietly said yes.

When I asked her why she hadnt married him, she replied "He hasnt asked me yet, but he will."

Then I asked if I knew him and she grinned and said "well, sort of."

Then we arrived at my house and I went around the car to open her door. She said "Such a gentleman" as she emerged, and hand in hand we walked to the front door, with my car in the driveway expecting to drive her on home later.

Once inside I kissed her again and told her I meant it when I told her I loved her.

I wanted so much for her to be happy, and I asked if she would tell me who the man is that she had picked out.

She said she would, but not quite yet.

I asked if she would like a glass of wine, or a drink of hard liquor. I sure needed one after the story she had told me, and I awaited her request.
 
I smiled at Frank as he began to drive again. When he had asked me if I was waiting for the right man to marry, I answered him honestly. Yes, I was waiting for the right man. When he asked me if I had found that man, I think my mouth spoke before my mind realized what it was saying. I said yes. Then my mind caught up with my mouth. What had I just said?! I shook my head in disbelief. I was being bold, very unlike me. Somebody must have spiked my cider at the wedding! I don't drink, so alcohol was the only thing that could explain why I was speaking before I thought. My mind raced as he asked me if he knew the man. Well might as well go for broke now girl I thought before I answered him with a "well sort of." When we arrived at his place, he helped me out of the car.

"Such a gentleman" I said. Thank goodness chivalry wasn't dead with this man. He knew how to treat a lady. That little thought of mine made me freeze. Frank did know how to treat a lady. Sure he was old enough to be my father, but in the end did that matter? What did age have to do with anything, as long as we were both legal (which we were). What mattered in all honesty was the feelings between two people and if they were mutual. As long as that was there, nothing else should matter. Inside his house, he stopped me with a gentle hand. He leaned in, looking into my blue green eyes, before he kissed me again. My little silver purse slid out of my hands as I clung to the wall, trying not to lose my balance. His kisses were affecting me in a way I had never imagined. Then once again, he was telling me that he loved me. Hearing those words made my heart ache. I knew he meant them, but goddess it had been so long since a man had said them and meant them. It made me want to cry. I knew he wanted to make me happy, for me to be happy, and that he would do anything to see me smile. It was all so much for me to handle. Then he asked me if I would let him know who my man was. Ah ha now, I got to be coy. I told him that I would tell him, but not quite yet. Then he offered me a drink.

"If you don't mind, something non alcoholic. I don't drink, I used to a long time ago and it got me into a lot of trouble. I've done some really strange things while I was drunk" I said with a smile, trying not to let some of my more colorful memories come into my mind.
 
Frank

Well I have Apple cider and orange juice. Which might you prefer?

Personally I needed a drink. A good belt after what I had heard tonight,. I hadnt heard such a story nor even read one, even with all the crap in the news about world economics and religious terrorism or anything else.

Fortunately I was well enough off financially I couldnt care less, but my heart rang out for those suffering homelessness or job loss or any of the garbage we read about constantly.

I was glad Holly was doing well in her chosen career and hoped her husband was similarly in good shape, but they hadnt confided in me and I hadnt asked.

Although I listen to the news nightly, most of my TV time is watching football or basketball or baseball in season, and the golf usually on Sunday.
 
Iris

"Apple cider would be good thank you" I said as I sat down at the kitchen table. I slipped my shoes off, grateful to be out of the heals. Even though these were the pair I had snuck on earlier, my feet were sore from all the dancing and the running around Holly, myself, and her bridesmaids had done at the bachelorette party. Instead of doing what girls normally do, we had a giant pillow fight, ending with a night of hide and go seek in the dark. It had been something we hadn't done since our younger years, but so much fun. We had ended up tripping over lots of stuff, getting lost, and laughing so hard our sides hurt. I'd rather think about that then think about what had happened almost three years ago.

"Frank, I know my story shocked you. But don't think about it too much ok. It's not something to focus on. Memories like that are better left in the dark, where they belong. Focus on the now, for me, ok" I said as he fixed my cider for me.
 
Frank

I served her apple cider, and sat down with her with my gin and tonic, which I rarely drink now but learned at the feet of my parents who drank them, and I admit I acquired a taste.

I knew she was right. What happenned three years ago was three years ago. The appropriate time to think about was now and the future.

But we did clink glasses and our eyes locked as I couldnt imagine how anyone could treat Iris the way she had described. I was glad they got what they deserved, but to think her own fiance whom she trusted enough to plan to marry, was a perpetrator was unthinkable.

Yes I wanted to know more, but right now she needed to focus on today's wedding and the happiness displayed throughout the group, including the two of us.

I was quite curious as to the identity of her secret lover, however.
 
Iris

"Frank, I know where that mind of yours is going. You want to know who I like. Well he doesn't know yet. Honestly I never really thought of him as more than a friend until recently. I've known him for a long time. it's hard for me to get over how my thoughts towards him have changed. I wouldn't begin to know how to tell him how I feel" I said before I sipped at my cider. I wondered if he would take my hint, if it would dawn on him who I was talking about. If he would realize what exactly I was getting at and what his kisses and his declarations of love had done to me.
 
Frank

I looked at her and our eyes met.

She talked about the man she wanted but she wasnt very specific, although she included several very revealing comments.

Known him a long time

A friend until recently

Thoughts about him have changed

And she had said when I asked that I sort of knew him. What might that mean? How does one sort of know someone? was she saying that I knew him but he didnt know she loved him.

Then it dawned on me. I smiled and leaned over and kissed her again, tasting the apple cider on her lips.

I said "Iris, now that you have lost your roommate and will be alone as I am, why dont we share this great big house. There is plenty of room and all the privacy you might want and you can quit piling up rent receipts which arent deductible. Will you move in here with me?"

God I wanted her. I hadnt been with a woman for a long time. With Lois ill and taking care of her, I just wasnt at all in the mood but dancing today with Iris, and kissing her, and now knowing more about her, I slid out of my chair and held her hand as I was on my knees, and I asked her to marry me and be my wife.
 
Last edited:
Iris

I smiled at Frank as the light of understanding went off in his eyes. He knew now that it was him that I cared about. My feelings towards Frank had been changing for several months now, I had been desperately trying to the ignore them for Holly's sake and for Frank's. I wasn't sure how he felt about me until he kissed me this morning. Those kisses had been the seal, the last thing that set everything into place. As he kissed me, I kissed him back. There was a desire building deep within me, but it wasn't just lust. Oh no, it was something much more. Something I hadn't felt since the night my ex fiancé popped the question, before he became the monster that left me bloody and tied to the church alter. I opened my eyes as Frank broke the kiss, as he asked me to move in with him. Then he did something totally unexpected. He got down on his knees and asked me to marry him. My blue green eyes widened in surprise.

"Frank I don't know what to say. First let me answer your first question. I would be thrilled to move in with you. Rent isn't such a big deal, since I have a steady income and all. But not having to pay it would be nice. Now as for your other question. Oh Frank, I simply don't know how to answer you. I love you, but how would Holly react if she found out I was going to be her stepmother? We've been friends for so long! I want to be with you, I do. But I also must think of the bigger picture. It's not only our lives that we are changing here" I said slowly. I was not saying no, far from it. I just wanted him to think for a moment, before we made any rash decisions....
 
Frank

"Oh Iris I love you so much. I've loved you for a long time, but never thought you would give me the time of day. But today dancing with you and kissing you and being with you has been a delight."

"I know becoming Holly's stepmother is a big deal but she is a big girl. In fact she even told me she thought you loved me, but I never believed her. But today dancing with you and kissing you has been wonderful and I dont want another day without you by my side"

"There are things I cant do for you at my age, but if you want to date younger men for those things I cant provide, I can live with that if I know you will come home to me.

And if you wish, c'mon and move in here with me and let Holly adjust to it.
 
Last edited:
Iris

I had to giggle when Frank told me that Holly had told him that I loved him. Trust her to know my feelings before I even figured them out. Holly was like that, she always knew my emotions because of how close we were.

"Looks like your daughter was keeping a few secrets of her own" I said with a laugh. I looked up at Frank, letting all my emotions show in my eyes. All the love, the surprise, the joy I got from his company.

"There are things I cant do for you at my age, but if you want to date younger men for those things I cant provide, I can live with that if I know you will come home to me" he said. I smiled at him, my heart was overwhelmed by his words.

"Frank, after everything I have been through why would I want to be with a younger man or a man my own age. If there is one thing I have learned about the men in my age range and younger men it is that they don't know what they want and that they can be cruel. They aren't worth my time. I have always said that I wanted a man that knew what he wanted, how to get it, and how to hold onto it. There is very little that I ask for Frank. What I want is somebody to love me, not only emotionally, but physically. If you think you are up to that challenge then ask me your question again my dear" I said, my blue green eyes sparkling as I waited for what he would say next.
 
Frank

Every minute I felt more and more in love with her.

With glee, I again went to my knees and repeated my plea for her to marry me, knowing of all the rocks and shoals in the way.

Our age difference, her moving into another woman's house where she lived, loved and died, and suddenly becoming the stepmother of her best friend.

But we coukd adjust, and in the relatively short time left in my life, I was ready to move on, although well aware I wasnt the handsome dashing young stud I had been thirty plus years ago.

But on the other hand, I didnt have to face the agony and responsibility of having to provide for a wife and family and cope with bthe current politics and trauma in the nwirld.

Been there done that,. Now lets look to the future, I thought as I looked up at her with a smile, holding her hand and asking her to marry me.
 
Iris

I smiled at Frank as he got down on his knees again and asked me once again to marry him. This time I did not hesitate. To hell with what the world around us might say. Life was short, you only lived it once, well unless you truly believed in reincarnation.

"Yes Frank, I'll marry you" I said. I slipped to the floor by this precious man and put my arms around him, gently hugging him to me. Then I looked into his eyes, there would need to be one major change.

"Frank, there is one thing that needs to happen before I move in and get married. No offence to your wife, but I don't think she'd want a young thing like me in the bed that was hers for so long. We need a new bed," I said softly. Frank looked at me with a smile.

"I think we can manage that" he said with a chuckle.

"I'm glad. Now don't worry about anything else. Let me take care of it" I said. Being who I was, I was able to think of a ton of different things at once, mentally putting them in order of importance. The first thing besides the bed was to tell Holly. Although, knowing her, she probably already knew....
 
Back
Top