Trying to be patient.

Fancie217

Virgin
In February I found this place and posted a bit of my art. I was surprised on how quick it got posted. I typically do one or two drawings a month around the first of the month, so the beginning of march I posted my two newest drawings, but they still are pending. About two weeks ago I edited them to add tags and such thinking maybe that was the problem, but still pending.

My question is:
How long does it typically take to have stuff approved?
Does art take longer for some reason?
Is there anything I do (with art) to help make it quicker? (I read stuff on how to get stories approved quicker, wasn't sure if there was anything)

I am guessing they just do them all at one time, being that tons of pictures got put up within 2 days.

In February I found this place and posted a bit of my art. I was surprised on how quick it got posted. I typically do one or two drawings a month around the first of the month, so the beginning of march I posted my two newest drawings, but they still are pending. About two weeks ago I edited them to add tags and such thinking maybe that was the problem, but still pending.

My question is:
How long does it typically take to have stuff approved?
Does art take longer for some reason?
Is there anything I do (with art) to help make it quicker? (I read stuff on how to get stories approved quicker, wasn't sure if there was anything)

I am guessing they just do them all at one time, being that tons of pictures got put up within 2 days.

As far as I can tell, the site editor, Laurel, only uploads illustrations, with or without text, and audio files once a month, towards the end of the month (though not on a consistent date). However, the site is undergoing a major upgrade and my understanding is that no audio files (and from your experience, illustrations) are getting uploaded until that upgrade goes through.

I suggest you send a PM to Laurel and ask your question. If I'm wrong, you will get the best answer from her. Just find her name in one of the stickies, for example in the Authors' Hangout, click on her name and an option will pop up to send her a private message. She usually responds in a day or two. Keep in mind she is the site's owner, and the only one who does quality control on everything that gets uploaded to the story side.

As far as I can tell, the site editor, Laurel, only uploads illustrations, with or without text, and audio files once a month, towards the end of the month (though not on a consistent date). However, the site is undergoing a major upgrade and my understanding is that no audio files (and from your experience, illustrations) are getting uploaded until that upgrade goes through.

My audio file which I submitted in February went through two days ago.

Wow, sounds like Laurel might need some help.
**♫SUPERHORNY HERO MUSIC BLASTS♪♪♫
I'll learn that lil'shit to be on time. I submitted 2 works 2 days ago. It's disappointing to hear they are so backed up in this department. I moderate on a music board and we get stuff done pretty quick. Before I was asked to moderate I submitted a lot of material in every category on all genre, and the only time it took more than 2 days was if I had entered them on a Friday. Most the mods only work Mon-Thur there.
I wrote a brief treatment introducing the West Coast Punk Rock scene
/Hardcore vs. Surf Punk and it was rejected. I was so appalled I exploded because i knew it was a brilliant piece and one of my passionate areas of interest and extensive study/research. I emailed the lead editor (I suspected it hadn't even been read). and the next morning my story was not only approved it was showcased on the New News page as editors choice. Later that day I got an email asking if I would consider being a moderator.
I knew it hadn't been read because I had never had a piece rejected---I have a bachelors and masters in fine art, and when you have to present a 67 page dissertation for 13 cranky old professors that can smell an Oscar Wilde thought awkwardly reworded you learn fast how to site a paraphrase as well as write masterfully concise in your own words with efficiency, tone and conviction.

Poor Laurel ...oh well, hope he gets to mine pretty quick---I'm so excited I could pee.

okay, bye!

Out of interest

Wow, sounds like Laurel might need some help.
**♫SUPERHORNY HERO MUSIC BLASTS♪♪♫
I'll learn that lil'shit to be on time. I submitted 2 works 2 days ago. It's disappointing to hear they are so backed up in this department. I moderate on a music board and we get stuff done pretty quick. Before I was asked to moderate I submitted a lot of material in every category on all genre, and the only time it took more than 2 days was if I had entered them on a Friday. Most the mods only work Mon-Thur there.
I wrote a brief treatment introducing the West Coast Punk Rock scene
/Hardcore vs. Surf Punk and it was rejected. I was so appalled I exploded because i knew it was a brilliant piece and one of my passionate areas of interest and extensive study/research. I emailed the lead editor (I suspected it hadn't even been read). and the next morning my story was not only approved it was showcased on the New News page as editors choice. Later that day I got an email asking if I would consider being a moderator.
I knew it hadn't been read because I had never had a piece rejected---I have a bachelors and masters in fine art, and when you have to present a 67 page dissertation for 13 cranky old professors that can smell an Oscar Wilde thought awkwardly reworded you learn fast how to site a paraphrase as well as write masterfully concise in your own words with efficiency, tone and conviction.

Poor Laurel ...oh well, hope he gets to mine pretty quick---I'm so excited I could pee.

okay, bye!

Are you taking something? We all want a share please!
Where are you in KC.
And do you know how to switch on your private messenger?

Are you taking something? We all want a share please!
Where are you in KC.
And do you know how to switch on your private messenger?

So I have a PM? Didn't check the gift bag yet, thanks good to know.

You the personal messenger tech that rescues stranded newbies by the threadside, lhood raised, personal messenger billowing steam. Wait a sec, you one of those Furries? Those blokes that put on a kangaroo suit w/ giant head. Next thing I know I'm a passenger in your belly pocket & people are calling me Rue? Cause if that's the kind of demented shit this is....I wanna wear the pocket first; please please please! I never been the pocket before

If you ever

So I have a PM? Didn't check the gift bag yet, thanks good to know.

You the personal messenger tech that rescues stranded newbies by the threadside, lhood raised, personal messenger billowing steam. Wait a sec, you one of those Furries? Those blokes that put on a kangaroo suit w/ giant head. Next thing I know I'm a passenger in your belly pocket & people are calling me Rue? Cause if that's the kind of demented shit this is....I wanna wear the pocket first; please please please! I never been the pocket before

Switch your PM on I will be able to tell you!
My name is Father Christmas.

Back