Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nn18egmiR81qhpzwoo1_1280.jpg


Pesto, Artichoke, and Havarti Grilled Cheese

Damn if I ain't making these soon. I've been doing lazy comfort food for over three weeks now and I miss kitchen magic makin'! :D
 
i ordered a huarache and a tostada, both the size of my face. the huarache was $4 or 5 and the tostada was $2.50, so i figured they would be small. good god. best i've eaten in a while. lots of leftovers, although it's just not the same with the tostada. that has to be eaten fresh and hot, with layers of crisp and cool. and the aguas. horchata hecho en casa. de fresa tambien.
 
Just in case all y'all were wondering, today is National Shrimp Scampi Day!
 
It is all coming together..... Managed to land some local oxtails a few days ago and finally found my long gone grandfathers soup recipe today.....
 
I'm heading over to Aqua's house for lunch.

:D

Bring basil. It's gone! I used the last of my pesto I vacuum packed from last year. I'm bumming about that in itself. That sandwich is def going on my make again list.
 
CD4BbFKUEAAbGgs.jpg


Alaskan Halibut served atop creamy parsnip & beet puree, fresh kale tossed with crisp bacon & shallots.
 
Yes, this surely needs some sturdy bread to hold up to the weight of the pesto, artichokes, and cheese combo.

I'm not a big fan of basil so, I will definitely go easy on it. I might add a bit of olive tapenade though. Might substitute Asiago while I'm at it.
 
Does anyone happen to have a tried and true jambalaya recipe they're willing to share? I've never made it and would like to give it a go this weekend.
 
Does anyone happen to have a tried and true jambalaya recipe they're willing to share? I've never made it and would like to give it a go this weekend.

Each and every Louisiana family has their own recipe of jambalaya, like every Italian family has a sauce recipe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top