The Mansion

It was bloody well cold but she lifted her face to the heavens, regardless. Soft, light snowflakes landed on her eye lashes. Her nose. Her lips. With a small smile, the tip of her tongue snaked out to catch one of the slowly falling, light flakes. It melted instantly.

For the umpteenth time, she silently wondered why she had decided to live in such a cold place. Hard on the heels of that thought came another. She knew why and it made her smile all the more. Life, in and of itself, was not an easy thing nor were relationships. However, both were worth the struggle. We either rose up or allowed ourselves to become bogged down. She would rather struggle to rise than to lie down.

In another place , beyond this one, she had lost her job just before Christmas and took ill for two weeks. She took heart, continued to do what she needed to and knew that the Divine would help as much as would be. In the meantime, she got her feet under her and continued to feel blessed each new day.

Her nose wrinkled as a new flake gently floated down to land on the tip. She laughed softly. Glancing around, she watched the flakes, like shaved ice, fall from the sky. Cold. Damn cold. But beautiful. Soulful.
 
*Words carried on the wind whisper through the falling snow*

Good to see you, Cait. It's been quiet around here for a while...sorry to hear about your job and illness, but I hope you're still on the mend.

:rose:
 
*Words carried on the wind whisper through the falling snow*

Good to see you, Cait. It's been quiet around here for a while...sorry to hear about your job and illness, but I hope you're still on the mend.

:rose:

His voice reached her ear and made her smile even more. She blew a kiss to the ether and knew it would find him. :kiss:

I've missed you my friend and thank you. I am doing well. As well as any unemployed person could be that is. I have faith and hope.
 
The world, hers at least, was still covered in mounds of snow. She never thought she'd be tired of winter, but..... she was. She wanted to thread her fingers in the warm soil of her garden. She wanted to plant roses and flowers once again. She wanted to feel the warmth of the sun not the chill of the snow. Each season had its charms but when it's time to let go, it's time damn it.

She found herself employed again and she enjoyed it. There were things she needed to get use to all over again but it was worth it.

Her eyes grew heavy. Sleep had eluded her last eve but not tonight. Nay, tonight she would sleep like a well sheltered babe. If only the rest of her life was that damn simple.

Ah well. It goes.
 
Her home office. Foot tapping. Savoring a cup of coffee as she watches the snow slowly melt outside her window. She has an itch..... to write. But what? With whom?
 
Her home office. Foot tapping. Savoring a cup of coffee as she watches the snow slowly melt outside her window. She has an itch..... to write. But what? With whom?

*Whispers from a small shadow*

Good questions...

*Chuckles fading into silence*
 
*Whispers from a small shadow*

Good questions...

*Chuckles fading into silence*

It seemed as if the whisper came from somewhere behind her and right next to her ear. The coffee mug that she had risen to her lips paused as a small shiver slid down her spine. Then, she grinned. The cup resumed its path and touched her lips as she took a sip. A smile curved her lips. Her free hand rose slightly off the desk and there was a slight flick of her wrist.

*Think you can just run off, Mister?*

A soft chuckle left her.

*I've been thinking about you. I just haven't come up with a naughty plot to entice you with.....yet.*
 
Late Morning. Cup of coffee in hand. Window curtains drawn back. Staring out the window at, at the least, a foot of fresh snow while more is floating down on the wind.

Her head shook gently from side to side and with a sigh, she took a sip of coffee.

"It's April people. APRIL. Why the sam hell is it still SNOWING?????!!!! "

A glance at her computer screen almost made her spit coffee all over her monitor.

Mother Nature was taking a ride with Father Time, who, got lost and refused to ask directions.

Someone has a sense of humor.

Another glance out of her window. It was too bad that at the moment, she had lost hers.
 
Sitting at her desk with something cold to drink in her hand as she leisurely looked through her emails then almost spit across her screen. An eyebrow arched. The drink was set down just before her fingers started flying across the keyboard and she started to mutter to herself.


"Of all the arrogant…."

"He wants money to write? What the hell...…"



A soft unladylike snort could be heard as she sent back a reply. Then she blocked him.
 
A soft sigh came from her office as she gazed out the window. More rain? There was a need to get out. Maybe a trip into town. A stop at the Inn for a cup of coffee.....
 
Home away from home. That was this place. At one time she had spent a great deal of time here and other places. Time when she was unhappy and unsettled but now, life was good and time is now fleeting at best. The only thing she was unhappy about was not having the time to write. Anyone who knew her well, knew that writing was close to her heart. Maybe when she retired, she'd have time to follow her heart in that concern, Divine willing. In the meantime, she would grace this place when she could.
 
It was nice to escape the RW from time to time. To be able to sit and write. IF she could call it writing. A few words here and there. Ice was noticeably missing from this place, but of course, she knew he would be. Ice was a busy man and a dear friend. She missed him. Of course she followed him through social media. He popped up in her notices and she went to see what he was up to now and again.

So much to do today. She was off work this weekend. Last night she and Dryfter went to a local baseball game. This weekend they had his kids. Later today was for chores. So much to catch up on. For now, it was coffee, this place, coffee, World of Warcraft, more coffee and household chores. When would she find time to write, let alone find a writing partner?


She leaned back in her chair, her eyes going to the window and the beauty of her garden out there as she sipped her coffee.
 
She sat at her desk. cold drink in hand. Her french tipped fingernails tapped lightly on the chilled glass as her mind wandered. She wanted to write something dark. Something sensual. Something different......
 
Work. Work. Work.

Ugh.

She slipped into her chair and simply lean back. Time was sifting through her fingers like water. She had to do something about this, quick.
 
A steaming cup of coffee sat on her desktop as she gazed out of her office window after reading her email. Possibilities. Life always offered them up. It was simply a matter of willingness to open the door when the knock came.
 
Leaning back in her desk chair, she lifted the cup to her lips, taking a deep sip. Her mind was reeling with a dozen ideas and they all seemed to mash together.

Take a deep breath, woman. Calm your mind.
Easier said then done.
Okay, so go run errands first. You can do this.


Nothing like talking to yourself to find your sanity.
 
She settled behind her desk to concentrate. The aroma of coffee from her mug tickled her nose.

"Let's see what Cat is going to get up to....."

Music played softly in the background with only the tapping from her keyboard rose above it.
 
December.

With that thought a whole host of memories flood her. The good times she and others have created here. This place she created had come to life. There were wonderful smells emitting from the kitchen as she baked. The kitchen hadn't only been used for baking or cooking. :cool: There were the memorable people who visited her here as well. Ice who left her flowers, sexual partners, parties. Those were the days. Hard to imagine now. Still. She ordered the house decorated for the holiday season.

Garland was hung and wrapped. Mistletoe was placed. Flowers adorned the glass tables in crystal vases. A fire blazed in the huge fireplace. Outside, the pool was covered and snowflakes were gently falling. The outside of the house was also decorated or in the process thereof. The holiday season was amongst them.

Peace on Earth. Good will toward men. :rose:
 
The year had turned. Her birthday had passed. Now they needed Spring. Never had she needed anything more.

She missed Ice and hoped he was well.
 
Work. Ugh.

She enjoyed her work but with her knee the way it was, it made thinking of work as enjoyable. Well, sooner than later she would need the surgery to make it workable again and she wasn't looking forward to the pain involved. So many things depended on her here in the real world. How could she afford to be laid up? How could she afford not to? The pain now would disappear. PT would be hell though. Again, nothing she was looking forward to.

Winter could be gone. She was so over it. All this snow and more to develop tonight. It was enough to make her scream. Come on Spring and Summer.

FR33k, if you're out there, I miss you too. *grin* I miss how this place use to be in the evenings. I miss Luna. There's so many people I miss. But, I guess that's the way it goes. Time marches on, things change and we all change with it. *sigh*

Work calls. I have two posts I need to finish up. I need to figure out the one before I scratch my itch with the one.

There's the sound of her bare feet on the heated floor as she softly closes her office door and heads for her bedroom to get ready for the day.
 
Cold. The weather outside was dreadful. At least she was all toasty inside with her feet propped up in front of a crackling fire. leaning her head back against the couch, she closed her eyes. letting the stress and weariness slip from her body.

There would be an end to winter. As surely as the sun rose and dipped. Spring time couldn't come too soon even if it brought rain showers and thunderstorms. The first rainstorm to hit, she was going to dance in the rain and rejoice.
 
Morning dawned cold and clear. She hardly wanted to get out of bed but... her day wouldn't wait. Throwing back the covers, she padded barefoot into the kitchen and fixed herself a cup of coffee. Taking it with her, she headed for her office and her computer. Clearly the sun was up but it wasn't any warmer. Wouldn't winter ever end? Biting on her bottom lip, she turned her attention to her computer and her writing.
 
Back
Top