Visitation Rights.

SEVERUSMAX

Benevolent Master
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Posts
28,995
Mark Prentiss pulled up in his ex-wife's driveway to drop off their sixteen year old daughter Chelsea, the only evidence of their marriage and divorce so many years ago. He had a few regrets, but Jessica had kicked him out, not vice versa. He didn't fret too much about it. It was an old scab that he'd rather not pick at. The divorce had ended surprisingly well under the circumstances, mostly because time had allowed their tempers to cool a bit and the need to think of their little girl had overridden all other concerns.

Still, a small part of Mark hated the way that Jessica had sent him packing. It was very abrupt, one-sided, unfair, aggressive, etc. After six years, he'd dealt with it mostly by staying out of the normal dating life. He'd acquired a jaundiced view of marriage and traditional life, seeing both the sexual and financial benefits of being a free agent.

So it was a bit of shock and had Mark on edge when Jessica didn't just watch him kiss Chelsea on the forehead and go. She indicated with a gesture that she wanted to talk to him about something. He just had no idea what in the hell it could be. He could deal with almost anything, as long as Chelsea wasn't in trouble.

He never worried about his ex's dating life, though he heard more than he liked about her various boyfriends. It was a revolving door of serial monogamy, not his cup of tea. Jessica never was the sort to be alone for any serious length of time. She needed a man in her life for too many things, above and beyond sex. Mark remembered the "honey do" lists all too well.

OOC:

Need a Jessica, naturally. PM me if interested.
 
Back
Top