story publishing

nalksa

Virgin
Hello,
If anyone could to tell me how long it usually takes for a story to get published on Literotica.

Last edited:
The time frame varies from less than 24 hours to almost a week. It depends on the number of submissions and how you submitted it. Pasting text into the submission form is fastest. Submitting a Doc file takes longer. My last submission was sent in on Thursday night, and was online by before Sunday afternoon.

Ah, the question...

In the Author's Hangout forum there is a sticky that Laurel updates on occasion with that information.

Otherwise 3 - 4 days, except during a contest, then it could take a week maybe 10 days. If you are a first time submitter it might take longer.

Be patient, it will turn up soon. Or it could be rejected, check you submissions page, but don't click on the Pending link, if you do and then click the Submit button again, to the back of the cue you go and your wait starts all over.

Good luck.

Thanks, Ldy_Sea :)
Its a very long time. I guess, then I would submit it in a pasting text format.

Ah, the question...

In the Author's Hangout forum there is a sticky that Laurel updates on occasion with that information.

Otherwise 3 - 4 days, except during a contest, then it could take a week maybe 10 days. If you are a first time submitter it might take longer.

Be patient, it will turn up soon. Or it could be rejected, check you submissions page, but don't click on the Pending link, if you do and then click the Submit button again, to the back of the cue you go and your wait starts all over.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate that and I would take care not click pending button. :)

The time frame varies from less than 24 hours to almost a week. It depends on the number of submissions and how you submitted it. Pasting text into the submission form is fastest. Submitting a Doc file takes longer. My last submission was sent in on Thursday night, and was online by before Sunday afternoon.

Thanks, Ldy_Sea

Thanks, Ldy_Sea

In this case, there are several steps to preparing the text for pasting from Word to text.

Step one...setup words paragraph formatting as follows:

attachment.php

If the paragraphs run together then you need to put an extra enter between paragraphs.

Use the show special characters button.

Step two...copy your text from word to the text submission box at Lit.

Step three...submit the story.

Step four...review what is there in the preview you are presented.

Step five...if it looks okay to you click the submit.

Step six...wait for you story to be published.

In this case, there are several steps to preparing the text for pasting from Word to text.

Step one...setup words paragraph formatting as follows:

attachment.php

If the paragraphs run together then you need to put an extra enter between paragraphs.

Use the show special characters button.

Step two...copy your text from word to the text submission box at Lit.

Step three...submit the story.

Step four...review what is there in the preview you are presented.

Step five...if it looks okay to you click the submit.

Step six...wait for you story to be published.

Hey, there :)

Thanks again, for the information. I had posted a story; but, it got rejected. I guess, I need to work it out more consistently and I'll post it again. Hopefully, it will get through this time.

Back