New Literotica Search Interface - Feedback, Bug Reports, Suggestions, etc.

Search

Only search one category now as unable to tick more than one , progress indeed . No answers on this thread now so I guess it's suck it and whistle . Probably a guy in a office somewhere patting himself on back , our companies full of them.

literorica searc not working properly on a new computer

I am having difficulty using the search function on a new computer - it is working fine on my old one
Just accessing the stories works fine and as normal but when I go to search I get the following - see attachment.

It works fine on an ipad and does not work for me on my windows 10 computer - I am assuming it is missing something - can you help?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having difficulty using the search function on a new computer - it is working fine on my old one
Just accessing the stories works fine and as normal but when I go to search I get the following - see attachment.

It works fine on an ipad and does not work for me on my windows 10 computer - I am assuming it is missing something - can you help?

Sorry about the issue. Can you let me know what browser you are using? I am not able to re-create the issue here yet, so I need to get more info on the browser to try to figure out what might be causing it.

Thank you very much! :D

Like the new interface in general

Especially the icons that indicate the rating, favorites, etc.

One nit-picky thing is that I wish the number of results returned from the search appeared at the top instead of the very end of the page (or maybe in addition to). Then I wouldn't have to scroll down to the very bottom to see how many stories were hit.

Hey
New author page flaw is the date sent in is never changed when released.

This skews stories especially like illustrated which take a long time and a few stories could be released in between release dates.

My profile

Hi, l'm having trouble editing my profile. All links to edit my profile take me to the edit password and email page. Has anyone else had this issue?

Advanced Search

Advanced search, wont open/work.

Everything worked fine when last on here in December.

Am running Windows 8.1 with IE11. When I click advanced search it puts a small black cross over the gearwheel symbol and nothing opens!

Not sure what is wrong, could be the site or something due to Windows updates since last here needs tweaking.

Anyone got any idea's as not having any problems on any other sites I use ????

:mad::confused:

Advanced search, wont open/work.

Everything worked fine when last on here in December.

Am running Windows 8.1 with IE11. When I click advanced search it puts a small black cross over the gearwheel symbol and nothing opens!

Not sure what is wrong, could be the site or something due to Windows updates since last here needs tweaking.

Anyone got any idea's as not having any problems on any other sites I use ????

:mad::confused:

You are right, this is a bug and likely a recent one related to some IE update. As a result of your report, we are working on it now.

Thank you for reporting it, we did not catch this one until you mentioned it. :D

On a more positive note, I'm quickly getting used to the New Panel, both in terms of Activities updates and story performance. I have to admit I hated it at first and loved the old one.

It's growing on me now. Especially the ability the zero-in on a new story with the search function and just focus on that. It's convenient. : )

Issues changing my email address

I don't get on the site much, and just decided to start writing stories and post them recently! The original email addy that I used to sign up with I no longer have access to. For a little over a week now I have been trying to change my contact email on the site thru the options tab, but I never receive a confirmation email even though it says it is sent! ? Can I get a little help over here?

The main update is the interface. At least half of Lit readers these day are reading stories on their phones or tablets, so we need to make the interface friendly for those devices. That includes small screens and touch friendliness.
Tangential questions: Do you know the percentage of readers using the Android app which doesn't support votes, favorites, or comments? Does a story's 'views' include only browser access or are app views counted too?

Is there any way to create a search that contains an apostrophe? Is there any way, for example to search for the phrase, "buddy's wife"?

Can it be done?

Thanks!

Can't edit profile

Hi, l'm having trouble editing my profile. All links to edit my profile take me to the edit password and email page. Has anyone else had this issue?

Same here! Both the Email and Password link and Profile take me to Email and Password. Frustrating!

The Activities List seems glitchy.

Now the "All Activities" and the "Works Activities" are exactly the same. And you get the same notifications for each side.

The Activities List seems glitchy.

Now the "All Activities" and the "Works Activities" are exactly the same. And you get the same notifications for each side.
My lists are working properly - Works shows activity against my own stories only, All Activities lists new stories from other writers (as well as the activity on mine).

I'm using an android for access, if that affects anything.

Holy Crap, did i actually get somewhere?

This site is not at all user friendly. If anybody reads this, i doubt i'll be able to get back here and find out. If somebody can actually help me figure out why i can no longer log on to chat, why this site doesn't recognize me while, at the same time, it tells me i'm logged in, i'll probably never hear your answer. I guess that means, effectively, i'm done with literotica. You know, i can't get on.

Gear

FYI: Gear icon seldom presents a drop down list of categories. Use to work when you first changed format, then it stopped for a couple weeks, then started for couple weeks later it quit, and hasn't worked since.

FYI: Gear icon seldom presents a drop down list of categories. Use to work when you first changed format, then it stopped for a couple weeks, then started for couple weeks later it quit, and hasn't worked since.

Thank you for the report.

Can you let me know which browser you are seeing this issue with? I tried it on Safari, Firefox and Chrome, but we could be using different versions, devices, etc. I would like to track it down, so any more details you can share would be very helpful.

Thank you again and sorry about the issue. :D

Thank you for the report.

Can you let me know which browser you are seeing this issue with? I tried it on Safari, Firefox and Chrome, but we could be using different versions, devices, etc. I would like to track it down, so any more details you can share would be very helpful.

Thank you again and sorry about the issue. :D

I am using IE latest version, part of windows 10, I like the IE over edge. hope this helps

Do you plan on fixing this for windows 10 users?

Search in Win10 & Edge started working for me today, it did not work before. Hopefully it is working for you as well.

Side Note: I don't use Chrome let alone have it installed due to Google's privacy policies. If Chrome is installed on your system (all chrome books & Android devices by default), it monitors all of your web activities whether you use Chrome or another browser, in Incognito/Privacy Mode or not. Google announced they had no intentions to comply with users wishes after Apple and Microsoft both said they would honor Incognito & No Tracking requests from users in their browsers a few years ago.

The financial sanctions that have been filed against them are starting to build up. With GDPR and other recent privacy laws, Google will be changing things this coming fall, but they would have never considered it without these drastic actions & fines.

Hi.
I am pretty (completely) confident that PM filter rooms (I assume they are filters) are dropping out some how.
On two occasions I confirmed with the other person involved that they stopped receiving my msgs. I know there are lots of reasons why people might pretend this is the case but in one of these cases it is very very unlikely.

What happens is I see a PM tab pop up -
send msg to the window and see it echoed on the screen but then nothing
i can still send msgs to the window but they are not receiving them

It seems to happen when I don't see the PM immediately so there is a delay before I respond.

I notice there are some uncaugt exceptions in the ********** - I don't know if those are relevant and you are probably aware of them anyway.

I am running the website on a chrome browser ( incognito mode :) ) on windows 10 from the UK over a standard domestic ISP telephone connection with Sky

I think it has actually happened to me a lot more than twice but twice I go confirmation from the other end.

Hey

I can't get the profile edit to work everyone thinks I'm a goddamn female it sucks fix it fuck its only been a problem for awhile from all the other people I c posted on it

Back