Sword Art Online (OOC)

Well yes, the stats would still be low because they are level one, but I basically wanted my character profile to have all the info you would see if you got ingame and brought up the character window, just so we know what stats and skills are in the game. We can just make up combat skills as we go, but I still want to have the stats laid out, "One-Handed, Two-Handed, etc."
 
I'm not sure if I can agree with outlining all the skills that are in the game, either. We haven't done anything ICly and basically nothing OOCly aside from a vague backstory. In my opinion, it would be a better idea to just come up with the skills as we go along because that's when we'll think of them and when we'll need them.

I also don't plan on giving stats to my characters aside from strengths and weaknesses because this is a forum RP, not D&D. We aren't using dice rolls or anything for this, so the defined stat and skill system isn't worth much at all.

I mean, if you just wanted to throw some things out there like the skills in the Elder Scrolls series, go right ahead, just know that I don't plan on using numbers here.
 
Well yeah, I wasn't planning on having us keep track of stat numbers, but have the names of stats and skills laid out in case we need to reference them. Like, on my character sheet, it would say One-Handed, but I wouldn't add any numbers, I would just go back and change it to One-Handed: Complete when I decide he he's maxed the skill out. Actual combat abilities we can make up as we go: by skills I meant pretty much like Skyrim -- One-Handed, Two-Handed, Light Armor, Alchemy, Smithing, etc.
 
Soon as I get home in the morning im going to finish my stuff and post it. I'll try really hard not to get distracted by Facebook and YouTube and Wikipedia and Netflix, haha. I swear I spend more time on those four sites than anything else.
 
I have a very short window -- I get off at 7am, but because I ride the bus, I don't get home until closer to 8, and then I usually change, take a shit, play with the kitties a little, and then make breakfast. I don't even turn in my computer until I'm sitting down to eat, which could be as late as 9am. That leaves me a small window because I have to be in bed by 12 or 1pm so that I can be up to catch the last bus of the night that goes by my work at 9:25. It arrives near my work at 9:45 and then I have to kill time until I clock in at 11pm. I could use that time to do it on my phone like I am typing now, but it doesn't work for me when I want to be really creative -- I need to be in my chair and comfy shorts and have an actual keyboard instead of a fucking annoying ass touchscreen with small keys that make me constantly misspell words, lol.

Yesterday I spent a majority of my time researching the SAO wiki for skill names and to get an idea of the technical side of FullDive Technology and the Cardinal system.
 
You know, we should at least keep track of how proficient we are with each skill. I don't want the hassle of numbers, so we could just put Untrained, Novice, Intermediate, Expert, and Mastered. While we won't actually put the numbers, we could just say a Skill advances to Novice at 250, Intermediate at 500, Expert at 750, and Mastered at 1000.
 
Real Life Appearance

saopic1_zps63194f62.png


In-Game Armor

ac_revelations___ezio_in_master_assassin_armor_by_ivances-d5j2zgq_zps64b35ab7.png


Player Name: Darbin
Real Name: Edward “Eddie” Morris
Age: 24
DOB: July 29th, 2008
POB: Clearwater, Florida
Gender: Male
Occupation: Writer/Artist/Web Designer, GeekInvasion.com

Background

Eddie had always loved video games, but discovered his true passion at age thirteen, when he played his first MMO -- Vertigo Online. He clocked in hundreds upon hundreds of hours into that game over the course of two years, but eventually moved on to other titles. Now, he has his sights set on Sword Art Online.

He turned his love of games into a career, writing a blog and reviews of various games for GeekInvasion.com, as well as providing some design and artwork for the site. He also covered news of FullDive technology when it was first announced a few years back, as well as a break-down of the NerveGear prototype equipment.

When Argus Entertainment announced the closed beta for Sword Art Online in Summer 2032, Eddie was one of the lucky thousand to gain access to the server. During the two month beta phase, he spent more time in the game than he did in the real world. Afterwards, he wrote a detailed review of the game for GeekInvasion and immediately pre-ordered a copy.

On November 6th, 2032, at 1:00PM, the server went online and the first ten thousand players were able to log in and begin their adventure....

In-Game Stats

Level: 1
Health: ~
Mana: ~

Strength: ~
Agility: ~
Vitality: ~
Stamina: ~

One-Handed: Untrained
Two-Handed: Untrained
Dual Wield: Untrained
Block: Untrained
Light Armor: Untrained
Heavy Armor: Untrained
Archery: Untrained
Detection: Untrained
Stealth: Untrained
Lockpicking: Untrained
Pickpocket: Untrained
Smithing: Untrained
Alchemy: Untrained
Cooking: Untrained
Fishing: Untrained
Tailoring: Untrained
 
Last edited:
Hot-Anime-Girl-psd34584.png
highschool_dxd-01-gremory-undressing-underwear-panties-ecchi-fanservice.jpg


Player Name: Rose
Real Name: Lexi Rose
Age: 19
DOB: July 16th, 2013
POB: San Francisco, California.
Gender: Female
Occupation: Student, freelance programmer.

Background
Lexi and her family were always close, and they had always been able to understand and rely on eachother. As an only child, her parents spent their time on her when they had the time to do so, and she delighted in those days. She went to a local high school, played games all through middle school now into her first year of college. She taught herself several programming languages over her summers and did various jobs on the internet to make herself enough money to make it through college. She didn't have many social relationships going through school due to the time she spent with her online friends and working on programming jobs.

Her grades didn't suffer from all the work done or all the nights of sleep lost, maintaining upwards of a 3.9 GPA consistently throughout her schooling and landing a 4.0 in her first semester of college. It was during her junior year of high school that she met her best friend Evelyn, whom she spent most of her off time talking to and playing games with. They also chose to go to the same college, rooming together and using their combined skills to make a living for themselves. While not much, it got them through the first year in relative comfort.

She found out about Sword Art Online during its early stages of development and managed to get herself and her best friend into the beta, meaning that they were able to test out the FullDive Technology and everything that it was capable of. Needless to say, they were impressed and made sure that they received their copy of Sword Art Online and planned on being there opening night. "Wouldn't miss it for the world." If only they knew.


In-Game Stats

Level: 1
Health: ~
Mana: ~

Strength: ~
Agility: ~
Vitality: ~
Stamina: ~

One-Handed: Untrained
Two-Handed: Untrained
Dual Wield: Untrained
Block: Untrained
Light Armor: Untrained
Heavy Armor: Untrained
Archery: Untrained
Detection: Untrained
Stealth: Untrained
Lockpicking: Untrained
Pickpocket: Untrained
Smithing: Untrained
Alchemy: Untrained
Cooking: Untrained
Fishing: Untrained
Tailoring: Untrained


3151125124_1_2_Ewkxie73.jpg


Player Name: Snow
Real Name: Evelyn Williams
Age: 19
DOB: June 6th, 2013
POB: San Diego, California.
Gender: Female
Occupation: Student, freelance designer/animator.

Background
Evelyn was born into a wealthy family, receiving essentially anything that she asked for if she could provide good reasoning for wanting it. Her parents didn't spoil her, but they were fair to her considering their status and position. It was important to them to teach her properly, and it was her own choice to go to a public school when her parents gave her the option of going to either public or private. She was looked up to by her classmates, always standing up for those who couldn't stand for themselves. Always calm, cool and collected about everything. She maintained solid grades throughout schooling and had taken an interest in animation and design at a young age. When her parents found out, they made sure that she had everything she needed to do what she enjoyed.

She also had a love for gaming which she reasoned with her parents as her enjoyable past time away from her work and studies. She worked to acquire her gaming rig anyway at her own insistence. She met her now best friend Lexi through one of the many games she played and after a time they decided to meet and from that meeting went on to go to the same college and start a small-scale business together with her animation and Lexi's programming skills. Upon discovering Sword Art Online, they made their way into the beta and played with the newest features of the FullDive Techology. They ensured their positions in the game for its release and made plans to attend the opening night.


In-Game Stats

Level: 1
Health: ~
Mana: ~

Strength: ~
Agility: ~
Vitality: ~
Stamina: ~

One-Handed: Untrained
Two-Handed: Untrained
Dual Wield: Untrained
Block: Untrained
Light Armor: Untrained
Heavy Armor: Untrained
Archery: Untrained
Detection: Untrained
Stealth: Untrained
Lockpicking: Untrained
Pickpocket: Untrained
Smithing: Untrained
Alchemy: Untrained
Cooking: Untrained
Fishing: Untrained
Tailoring: Untrained

Detection was a big one that you missed, went ahead and added it. Meant to have this up earlier but something came up and I had to run. Also, pardon the short backstories, I had to come up with two characters, lol. And they're only moderately NSFW, it's not my fault most decently-drawn anime pictures are more on the ecchi side.
 
Last edited:
Hehe. Those images are hot :). I'm on days off now, so my goal is to update my profile and get the IC rolling within the next 24 hours. I got off work at 7am and haven't been to sleep yet, so I doubt it will come this morning, but after I've had a nice long nap, I'll get to work on it.
 
Oh, well, you know. I'm glad you two like them. Looking forward to the IC and seeing both of your characters brought up to speed, hmm?
 
And a nice one at that. Now we just need that last character and an IC and we can get to work.
 
The ingame model is an Assassin, I've only played the first game and only up to the second mark. By the looks I'm guessing he's from Ezio's era anyway.

The out of character. . .looks a lot like Full Metal Alchemist but I'm assuming that's not what it is and the resemblence is just due to the fact that 80% of anime are drawn similarly enough to each other that there is considerable overlap.
 
The armor is more than obvious, but I can't say the same about the faces. I feel like I should know, but I can't place a name.
 
The top image is actually a separate character from the one in the bottom two, but they are from the same anime, and that is indeed Fullmetal Alchemist. But neither of the characters are Edward or Alphonse Elric, hehehe.
 
Well, I take that back. The little one-eyed creature in the glass bottle in the bottom right image is actually the same character as the shirtless man in the top image.

These are from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which is my second favorite anime of all time behind SAO. The bottom two are images of Van Hohenheim, Ed and Al's father. The little one-eyed creature is the first Homunculus, and he used Alchemy to sacrifice the entire population of Xerxes to make himself immortal. Hohenheim had no idea what Homunculus was planning, but despite that, he was made immortal as well. Homunculus used Hohenheim's DNA to make a clone of him for his own body. So essentially, there are two Hohenheims -- One is the original, and the other is a clone body controlled by Homunculus. Homunculus went on to create other artificial humans to portray his sins -- Pride, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Greed, etc. They call him Father. Father and his children are the primary antagonists in FMA: Brotherhood.

You should really check out the series. Out of all the openings, this one is my favorite and gives me goosebumps every time I hear it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vzGajqeII
 
Last edited:
I only know Full Metal Alchemist by reputation, the character does look like Alphonse (assuming that's the main character in the story) I never actually watched it. Anyway working on my profile, should be up by this afternoon.

Edit: Shouldn't we have at least a few trained stats to start with? Most games would start you off with, I dunno five points to spread out? I'm not interested in the precice mechanics mind you because that's not important but as it stands right now it seems like despite us playing different classes we are still roughly identical.
 
Last edited:
Technically speaking we should also have health, mana and stat attributes but we haven't started yet and I'm assuming we'll just throw something together for the start of the game to pick starter skills and stats.
 
True, I was more thinking that the skills are part of your character though. I mean unless we know each other when we start which isn't how Jeff tends to run things, we came together for a reason. Fortunatly in MMOs the reason is very simple. You form a classic three man party which usually means the Big hard to kill guy, the medium guy and small fast guy. Or your caster so on and so forth.
 
Back
Top