Forgotten Promises - Setting/OOC/Casting Call

The voice behind him was quiet, polite and spoken with flawless diction.

It was also completely void of human warmth.

"I would speak with you, young hunter" the voice spoke.

She sat casually and calmly... yet it was obvious she was neither casual or slack with her caution.

Her skin was black as midnight, marking her as an Assimite. Her clothing, fashionable and expensive.

She was not armed... at least not visibly, but she was unconcerned in the presence of an enraged werewolf and his retainers.

"Please. Sit with me and let us speak of wonders this world brings before us." She said, gently, precisely, languidly gesturing to another seat.

After reaching down to grip Margaret under her arms, I lift her with ease over the balcony railing. Sitting the feisy 5'7'' redhead on her feet stocking feet, she was a little shaken but surprisingly that's about it. Looking down at her with his usual calm and collected grin. ''Not even on the job a day yet...and you go and nearly get yourself kidnapped...or worse.''

Her hands on my shoulders green eyes on mine, she looked worried but it wasn't about herself. This was evidently one tough little Irish lass, I'd pretty much figured her wrong at the get go. I would make damned sure never to underestimate Margaret again, but she's definitely not returning home anymore. ''A three man security team you said...speaking of that how's Fred Oscar and Jack?'' Giving her a somber look. ''Fred and Oscar will be ok.''

Suddenly feeling a presence enter the room behind me, the feminine scent was all ancient Assimite. No other creature of the night was more in control, supremely intelligent and just as deadly. You did not want to be on their shit list, I got the best of information from them. Hopefully I never would be on that list, I kept Margaret behind me as I slowly turn around.

The voice every bit matching the scent as my ears were caressed by it, this type always got your attention right of the bat. Eyeing the female my eyes shift to wolf a moment, just as quickly they'd shift back to human. Finding the body the voice belonged to, she was as relaxed as a lounging cat. ''You would speak to this old ''hunter of information'' would you.. hmm?''

Reaching back to guide Margaret into the room, if wanting us dead we'd be pushing up the daisies. Motioning her to have a seat on the foot of the bed, crossing the room to the chair offered me. Unslung the heavy caliber assault rifle from my shoulder, propped it against the wall I took a seat. Crossing my arms over my chest with a sigh, giving the Assimite a well I'm waiting look. ''With all due respect I assure you...but can ''we'' get to what you have to say? I do have important things I need to take care of soon.''

Last edited:
Fatima continued as if he hadn’t even spoken.

“You know of the Bali, do you not?” she looked at him. “They were vanquished long ago, their founder long since lost to time…possibly in torpor, possibly dead…”

She paused to let him think, then, “The founder had revenants, of course. Many ancient lines did. One of them survived all of these years somehow. The blood faded, nevertheless, it is a direct connection to the founder of that misbegotten line. Somewhere along history, the bloodline cross-pollinated with others.”

She smiled slightly, “Wizard, weirdling (Farie), vampire, human…and wolf.”

Silence hung in the air. Anyone with that kind of a bloodline was…well, nobody knew, but there were two constants in this kind of thing, power and money.
The scion would be powerful…and worth a lot to…

Well.

Everyone.

Fatima continued. “The Bali seek to raise their founder with this one. It will not be permitted. Certain elements you are familiar with may also be interested in her. You do know of the ‘Black Spiral Dancers’, do you not?”
She waited for his response.

. I could see by chou's expression that she wasn't too thrilled by the newcomer.

She stopped beside Uriah whispering,

"I want to thank you for saving my life," Looking around she added, "Do you mind if I join you and your friends?"

I quickly said,

"Yes of course you can join us, here take a seat....my name is Molly, this is Chou and your rescuer is Uriah."

I then sat back with a smug look on my face as I watched Uriah's reaction.

He watched as she sat, noticing Chou's reaction.

Her hackles were up. Almost as if she smelled something threatening.

Interesting. So very... interesting.

He hoped nobody got gutted like a fish here. If anything happened, the bloodsucker who owned this place wouldn't be pleased. He was tolerant up to a point... then he asked politely that you be removed.

Just as he'd done minutes ago...

He too his glass, sniffed the wine and took a sip.

He swirled the wine in the glass, admiring the way it clung to the sides, the smell and the color.

He took another sip and said, "Be welcome at this table."

He waved for another glass for her. It was placed, wine poured and the waiter withdrew.

"Paris is such an adventurous city, isn't it?" he said.

Fatima continued as if he hadn’t even spoken.

“You know of the Bali, do you not?” she looked at him. “They were vanquished long ago, their founder long since lost to time…possibly in torpor, possibly dead…”

She paused to let him think, then, “The founder had revenants, of course. Many ancient lines did. One of them survived all of these years somehow. The blood faded, nevertheless, it is a direct connection to the founder of that misbegotten line. Somewhere along history, the bloodline cross-pollinated with others.”

She smiled slightly, “Wizard, weirdling (Farie), vampire, human…and wolf.”

Silence hung in the air. Anyone with that kind of a bloodline was…well, nobody knew, but there were two constants in this kind of thing, power and money.
The scion would be powerful…and worth a lot to…

Well.

Everyone.

Fatima continued. “The Bali seek to raise their founder with this one. It will not be permitted. Certain elements you are familiar with may also be interested in her. You do know of the ‘Black Spiral Dancers’, do you not?”
She waited for his response.

''Yeah I know about the Bali.'' I return her look listening to what Fatima had to say. Having thought about it a second I wanted to hear the rest. ''Go on...you have my attention now.'' Knowing the history of my race was a subject I was well versed in, Returning her smile with a grin. ''Well that part I can't complain about at all...worked out good enough to me.''

Breaking the silence with a low whistle, as I thought about the ramifications of all of this. ''Your damned straight it will not be permitted...how can help keep this from going down?'' Hearing the name of the Black Spiral Dancers, my brow rose slightly with surprise and that. ''Yeah I know about them alright. Can't say I've ever turn my back on them.''

Uncrossing my arms slowly to drop my hands on the chairs armrests. Leveling my eyes so I'm staring directly into Fatima's. ''I have to ask why you've come to me about this Fatima.'' It was now my turn to wait for an answer, hopefully I'd get a straight forward one or not.

''Yeah I know about the Bali.'' I return her look listening to what Fatima had to say. Having thought about it a second I wanted to hear the rest. ''Go on...you have my attention now.'' Knowing the history of my race was a subject I was well versed in, returning her smile with a grin. ''Well that part I can't complain about at all...worked out good enough for me.''

Breaking the silence with a low whistle, as I thought about the ramifications of all of this. ''Your damned straight it will not be permitted...how can I help keep this from going down?'' Hearing the name of the Black Spiral Dancers, my brow rose slightly with surprise at that. ''Yeah I know about them alright. Can't say I've ever turn my back on them.''

Uncrossing my arms slowly to drop my hands on the chairs armrests. Leveling my eyes so I'm staring directly into Fatima's. ''I have to ask why you've come to me about this Fatima.'' It was now my turn to wait for an answer, hopefully I'd get a straight forward one or not.

Last edited:
Margaret

I was certainly glad when William arrived and hauled me back onto the balcony. But I had to frown at him when he grinned and casually commented,

''Not even on the job a day yet...and you go and nearly get yourself kidnapped...or worse.''

Trying to straighten myself out I couldn't help but rely,

"Yeah right...but what about Fred Oscar and Jack are they alright?"

He gave me a somber look.

''Fred and Oscar will be ok.''

I thought to myself, (Oh no!) Then I heard a voice back in the room, William became alert keeping me behind him as he put on his casual manner. I could see they knew each other, eyeballing each other as they spoke. William motioned me to have a seat on the bed, well away from the two of them. I listened with great curiosity trying to understand what the hell they were talking about. It was serious stuff, I hoped William would fill me in on the details later. I seemed to have come across a sect called the Bali way back in my history searches.

I did catch that someone was very important, to more then a few beings, someone with a wild cross of bloodlines, I wondered if this man or woman would be our next case.

As they went on I had the chance to look this woman over, she was dressed elegantly enough but I could sense she was very powerful as well as deadly. She had a way of raising one's hairs on the back of the neck. Her last question really got William's attention,

"You do know of the ‘Black Spiral Dancers’, do you not?”

He didn't seem to like where this was going, I watched intently as he finally asked,

''I have to ask why you've come to me about this Fatima.''

I filed the name Fatima away for later, but for now I did wonder where all this was leading.

Molly

I watched the woman smile as she gracefully sat down, Chou didn't bother to even hide her reaction. I sat back in my chair and thought, (This could be very interesting indeed.) I took a sip of my wine as we all glanced at each other measuring each other's character and ...yes power. I could see this was not a ordinary human woman, I just didn't know what she was...I took another sip of my wine.

Uriah concentrated on his wine before signaling for another glass to be brought to our table. When our guest had her glass of wine in hand he commented,

"Paris is such an adventurous city, isn't it?"

I glanced a little closer at the woman, as I did, it was like she was coming into focus for me, I gasped slightly to myself. She looked like a cat...like a cat woman. I looked at Uriah wondering, (Did he see what I was seeing? If what I was seeing was right, no wonder Chou had her hackles up.) I really couldn't help chuckling at my thoughts. As I sipped at my wine again the woman looked straight into my eyes..and they became cat eyes...green ones. I looked at Uriah.

"Pardon me, I should introduce myself. My name is Odjit...but you may call me Od. I sensed that "She".

She nodded her head at me before continuing,

"And you all may have need of my talents. I felt her presence here in Paris, I was able to follow you to this bistro, when those thugs waylaid me. I wish to offer my services to this one."

She then bowed her head at me, before looking up with her total cat eyes.

I looked back at her for a full minute before nodding my head in acceptance, now I turned to Uriah and the grimacing Chou.

Last edited:
''Yeah I know about the Bali.'' I return her look listening to what Fatima had to say. Having thought about it a second I wanted to hear the rest. ''Go on...you have my attention now.'' Knowing the history of my race was a subject I was well versed in, returning her smile with a grin. ''Well that part I can't complain about at all...worked out good enough for me.''

Breaking the silence with a low whistle, as I thought about the ramifications of all of this. ''Your damned straight it will not be permitted...how can I help keep this from going down?'' Hearing the name of the Black Spiral Dancers, my brow rose slightly with surprise at that. ''Yeah I know about them alright. Can't say I've ever turn my back on them.''

The vampire smiled upon hearing her name. Really polite. No teeth.

"I had hoped a Garou such as yourself would know whom I am. It makes things all the more likely their will be no violence this day between us."

Her look was bland, but she knew very well how little Garou tolerated vampires.

They didn't... but in some cases, they were capable of good judgment, as elders like she was were scary, cunning and unlikely to do confront anything without a legion of surprises that ranged front were probably unpleasant to the mystical equivalent of air support... or worse.

"I have come to you, because you are here, in this city, and you will serve well enough to the task. You are intelligent, 'know people', and the promise of secrets beckons you like a moth to flame."

She inclined her head and nodded at the window. "There. Beyond the fence of this house, lies the scion. With her you will find others with a desire to know that which is hidden. You will find the seeker of that which is lost, and best forgotten... and another of your kind. Beware that one, for she is not to be trifled with, even for one such as I."

She him in the eye. Hers, old, brown, rich with memories both seen and stolen from the countless ones she had committed diablire upon brimming up for just the barest fraction of a second.

"I have no interest in her death, save it necessary to prevent that which must not be. But the Bali will not awake. The dancers of the black spiral will not use her to shift the balance of power in the Shadow Lands. Out goals are in tandem enough that we need not be at cross purpose."

''I should know your name with all the intel I have. Unlike other Garou I have respect for a fair number of Vampires.'' Returning Fatima's polite smile with one of my own. ''My love Nessa is one that I respect the most.'' Noticing her ancient dark eyes revealing more than she realized to me. I sat and listened closely as her kind is known for speaking in near riddles.

''Yes I know many secrets it's my stock and trade, as for being drawn to them? Not really. And what is it you expect me to do...just waltz in and say hey toot's Assimites want you six feet under. Now come along like a good little Scion?'' A Scion with who the hell knew what abilities it had, a wizard with whatever damned magic he could wield, and another Garou Fatima wouldn't trifle with. Oh just great you're really batting under a hundred here Willy old boy.

''Is there anyway possible this Scion could be...just for arguments sake be protected? Allow the abilities to just manifest and teach it control? That way the Scion defends itself and all's well with the world. Is that really the best solution possible that the Scion dies?'' I rub between my eyes a few moments, I could use Nessa right about now with Margaret found safe.

Last edited:
''Is there anyway possible this Scion could be...just for arguments sake be protected? Allow the abilities to just manifest and teach it control? That way the Scion defends itself and all's well with the world. Is that really the best solution possible that the Scion dies?'' I rub between my eyes a few moments, I could use Nessa right about now with Margaret found safe.

She replied, "Oh, no dear... should she die, that would cause an unacceptable risk the necromancers acquire her. If I wished her, or the others dead, I would have killed them myself. Should you kill her out of hand, without cause, I would be displeased."

"She is far more valuable as a stalking horse. The Bali need her. The Black Spiral Dancers need her. Each for their own reasons, mutually exclusive of the other. The longer she survives, the more they will fight for her... and the more likely they will expose themselves."

He smile was benign. He logic was not.

"I bear the Scion no ill-will, but needs must when the devil drives, hum?"

She rose. It wasn't fast, but it was liquid smooth.

"I do not seek to eliminate one foe, but the whole of them. Root and Branch. You may, of course... sit on the sidelines and learn from watching, but I do not think you will."

It wasn't a threat. It was an 'I know you want in... prove me wrong' statement.

She disappeared.

Just like that.

I watched as the woman smile as she gracefully sat down, Chou didn't bother to even hide her reaction. I sat back in my chair and thought, (This could be very interesting indeed.) I took a sip of my wine as we all glanced at each other measuring each other's character and ...yes power. I could see this was not a ordinary human woman, I just didn't know what she was...I took another sip of my wine.

Uriah concentrated on his wine before signaling for another glass to be brought to our table. When our guest had her glass of wine in hand he commented,

"Paris is such an adventurous city, isn't it?"

I glanced a little closer to the woman, as I did, it was like she was coming into focus for me, I gasped slightly to myself. She looked like a cat...like a cat woman. I looked at Uriah wondering, (Did he see what I was seeing? If what I was seeing was right, no wonder Chou had her hackles up.) I really couldn't help chuckling at my thoughts. As I sipped at my wine again the woman looked straight into my eyes..and they became cat eyes...green ones. I looked at Uriah.

"Pardon me, I should introduce myself. My name is Odjit...but you may call me Od. I sensed that "She".

She nodded her head at me before continuing,

"And you all may have need of my talents. I felt her presence here in Paris, I was able to follow you to this bistro, when those thugs waylaid me. I wish to offer my services to this one."

She then bowed her head at me, before looking up with her total cat eyes.

I looked back at her for a full minute before nodding my head in acceptance, now I turned to Uriah and the grimacing Chou.

Chou looked at Uriah. She said, "She is a weird-ling. We should kill her. It would be the safe thing to do."

Uriah looked at her and said, "I agree, but let's not be hasty."

Chou looked at him, bedroom eyes a' flutter..." Oh, but I'm hungry..."

He looked at Molly and said, "I thing getting too attached to this one is a mistake."

The manager caught his eye.

He put up his hands in a 'not here...I got it...' expression.

Elysium, what the blood drinkers called safe zones, were ruthlessly enforced. Fights were limited to words, except that with mages, human and vampire alike, they had to be mundane words...

Unfortunately, making Chou play nice wasn't going to be easy. As a Garou, she was physically stronger than all but the most powerful vampires, and her ability to walk the Umbra (Spirit world) meant he couldn't stop her from going after whatever this thing was even if it did a disappearing act.

Further, you don't get to be that old without having some serious ability to do some damage.

Worse... she didn't like vampires, or care much for the vampire's rules.

Oh, fun...

Molly might be able to keep her from crossing over into the umbra, but their was a difference between raw potential, and five centuries of practical experience... and from seeing how fast Chou shifted, she was past master of her abilities.

He looked back at Od and said, "I'm sorry, but she's not fond of your kind. I suggest you start talking. Oh, and Elysium only applies in this dimension. If you pop out of reality into the umbra or the Never-never, their may be a game of..."

He glanced at Chou, who was daintily snacking on a Crepe stuffed with crab meat and other delicious things, looking the mixed-ethnic/oriental hottie from California.

"Cat..."

He looked into Od's eyes.

"...and mouse."

He smiled benignly.

"Crepe? More wine?" he waved his hand.

"Now... care to me a bit more... direct?"

Molly

As Uriah spoke with all the hidden or not so hidden innuendoes I was starting to get really annoyed. Glanceing at Chou then Uriah then lastly at Od, I could feel something begin to grow deep inside me. All this intrigue...about things I had no clue about. I just couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and slammed my hands on the table. All eyes at the table as well as the room zeroed in on me, all talking ceased. I locked eyes with Uriah starting with a low voice, but soon ending with a shout,

"Enough! Look I may be just a simple minded city cop, but I want some answers and I want them now!"

I looked at the three at the table again, feeling a surge of power overwhelm me, the lights in the room went out, now there was a light that shone from my body. I looked down at myself, I felt fright at that moment but also I felt incredibly strong and powerful at the same time. I looked to the side where the owner of the establishment was signaling his men to come at us. I raised my arm in their direction and watched as they flew across the room. Looking at the owner, I nodded my head indicating that all would be well, just don't move. Looking back at our table I raised my arms and thought of home again.

In a blink of an eye we were back in my small apartment....all four of us, Uriah, Chou, Od and myself. Locking eyes with each one of them I now ordered,

"You will all sit down and I am finally going to find out what all this drama is about. No one is leaving this apartment until I am satisfied that I know my place in all of this. There will be no conflict...I eyed Chou, you will all put aside your present past and whatever "Feelings" and just tell me what I need to know. I repeat no one is leaving until I am totally satisfied."

I watched as each of them looked at me, Uriah shrugged before turning towards the sofa to take a seat. Od nodded her head turned and sat in a chair located to the right of the sofa. Chou was the last to stand down, we locked eyes for a full minute until she lifted her eyebrow and a slight nod she smoothly walked over to the sofa and placed her body next to Uriah.

I slowly felt myself relax, and along with it my inner power subsided slightly as well. I took the last vacant chair across from the sofa and said,

"Now who is going to be first? Uriah do you want to begin?"

Last edited:
As Uriah spoke with all the hidden or not so hidden innuendoes I was starting to get really annoyed. Glanceing at Chou then Uriah then lastly at Od, I could feel something begin to grow deep inside me. All this intrigue...about things I had no clue about. I just couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and slammed my hands on the table. All eyes at the table as well as the room zeroed in on me, all talking ceased. I locked eyes with Uriah starting with a low voice, but soon ending with a shout,

"Enough! Look I may be just a simple minded city cop, but I want some answers and I want them now!"

I looked at the three at the table again, feeling a surge of power overwhelm me, the lights in the room went out, now there was a light that shone from my body. I looked down at myself, I felt fright at that moment but also I felt incredibly strong and powerful at the same time. I looked to the side where the owner of the establishment was signaling his men to come at us. I raised my arm in their direction and watched as they flew across the room. Looking at the owner, I nodded my head indicating that all would be well, just don't move. Looking back at our table I raised my arms and thought of home again.

In a blink of an eye we were back in my small apartment....all four of us, Uriah, Chou, Od and myself. Locking eyes with each one of them I now ordered,

"You will all sit down and I am finally going to find out what all this drama is about. No one is leaving this apartment until I am satisfied that I know my place in all of this. There will be no conflict...I eyed Chou, you will all put aside your present past and whatever "Feelings" and just tell me what I need to know. I repeat no one is leaving until I am totally satisfied."

I watched as each of them looked at me, Uriah shrugged before turning towards the sofa to take a seat. Od nodded her head turned and sat in a chair located to the right of the sofa. Chou was the last to stand down, we locked eyes for a full minute until she lifted her eyebrow and a slide nod she smoothly walked over to the sofa and placed her body next to Uriah.

I slowly felt myself relax, and along with it my inner power subsided slightly as well. I took the last vacant chair across from the sofa and said,

"Now who is going to be first? Uriah do you want to begin?"

Calmly, he said "I told you back at the werewolf bar, you were a scion. A cross between races that, because of your bloodline, was valuable, powerful and a target. I was going to research the issue when someone didn't take my warning seriously when I told people not to play with my collections."

He glared at her.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall... it is not just a fairytale after all? Eh..." he continued.

Chou looked at him aghast. "That was you!" she said, snarling.

"Don't tell me, the bitch filed a police report?" he said.

The winter queen filing a police report for the lost mirror... oh, fuck, that was hilarious.

Chou's face narrowed. "That was stolen from our people -" she started
"And now it is mine." he finished.

He waved his hand at molly's fridge. It opened and a beer came across the room to him. Budweiser. He willed it back into the fridge, then pointed at the sink & a glass. The tap water came to him. He sipped.

"Perhaps our new guest would like to say something?" he said.

Standing from the chair Fatima had offered him, turning to Margaret putting his hands on his hips. ''Well, looks like you have some research to do in my archives Margaret. With an annoyed growl I grab my rifle, slinging it over my shoulder securing it. I'm going to have to figure out who's side we're on in all this mess. ''Nessa you heard everything Fatima said what's your angle on what she was talking about?

Coms were on from the beginning of Margaret's rescue, switching channels to Strike team one Able nabib replied. "Protocol 2. Cleanup crew ASAP before the LAPD, LAFD and the local news crews arrive Boss'' Switching back to Nessa's channel listening to her motion Margaret to follow me as closely as possible. ''We're coming down Fred you ok? Margaret's worried about you and Oscar. A deep rumbling voice that could only be Fred's replies. ''I'm good Boss how's Margaret?'' I grin at Margaret with a wink. ''She's just fine now big guy don't worry.''

I could tell by Margaret's face she was wondering what the hells going on. ''I'll tell you all when we're back in my building, offering my hand to her so she might feel safer holding it. ''Fred and Oscar are fine you can stop worrying, Gouls regenerate very damned quick.'' Finally getting downstairs we meet up with Nessa, a black chevy SUV sits running for us. "Lets get you back home shall we ladies? security escort move and out eyes open people'' Ushering Margaret and Nessa into the vehicle our little convoy speeds off into the night.

''Able check out the Bistro across the street, tell the owner William sent you. I want you to get the backup disk, remind him I know his secrets he wants hidden.'' Detaching the rifle strap it retracts into the stock, placing it into the gun rack my mind running through intel I had. ''I have a suspicion the Assimites want the Scion for themselves, and the think I'll use all my contacts to get her. No way in hell am I being played like a two bit fiddle, nope not this guy, not by a long shot.'' Closing my eyes I take Nessa's hand interlacing our fingers.

Last edited:
Molly

Molly tried to contain herself as she watched Uriah and Chou go back and forth over "a mirror" of all things. She closed her eyes for a moment praying to whatever gods to give her strength. When she opened them once more her eyes fell on the newest member of their group, Od. Molly felt more then could see there was something odd about Od. The creature sat with infinite patience....just taking in the surroundings as well as the three of them. Molly wondered what she was really all about when Uriah opened the frig. took a Bud out and with second thoughts put it back. Molly frowned slightly as he went for some water thinking, (I guess I'm not the hostess with the mostess.) she chuckled at her thought.

Urah sipped his water, and out of the blue he said,

"Perhaps our new guest would like to say something?"

They now all focused on Od, who stretched her neck and spine before answering,

"I have been sent by ...well I am not at liberty to say who but as I was saying I have been sent to gather information about the scion, sorry...Molly isn't it?" At Molly's rolling her eyes she continued.

"Yes, I am to gather information and to help guard the...ah...Molly from ones that would use her to strengthen their own powers. I supposed I am here to offer my services as a body guard...of which I have much experience."

Looking at each of them, ending with Molly, Od now relaxed back into her chair and waited.

After that little speech Molly closed her eyes and took a breath. When she opened them she stated,

"I need a beer."

She went to the frig, got one out and looked back,

"Does anyone else want a beer? Sorry I haven't had time to stock up on anything more grand."

Molly popped the tab, as she sat back in her chair, ignoring Chou she glanced at Uriah and asked,

"Well, don't know if I need a body guard, what do you think Uriah?"

Last edited:
Margaret

Margaret was feeling really out of her element now, so just stood nodding her head when Will told her she would need to do some heavy duty research.

"Sure Boss, as soon as I get back to the office."

She stood still listening while he contacted his people, telling them to get things wrapped up. He then listened to what Nessa had to say while signaling Margaret to follow him downstairs. He nodded his head before looking at Margaret, as he asked how the guys had fared. He winked, letting her know all was fine with them. With a sigh of relief she followed him down the rest of the stairs. Meeting up with Nessa, Will efficiently ushered the two of them outside and into the waiting vehicle, in seconds they headed off into the night. Leaning against the plush seat in the back, Margaret was able to catch her breath, then she took her notebook out, while listening to Nessa and William.

Nessa;

Nessa took in what Will had to tell her. He told her the details of the strange meeting the the Vampire Fatima. He paused thinking for a moment before adding,

"When we get to the office, Margaret will dig into our archives for all and any information on the Assimites and anything remotely related to them. I have a suspicion Assimites want the Scion for themselves, and think I'll use all my contacts counteract to their plans. No way in hell am I being played like a two bit fiddle, nope not this guy not by a long shot."

Nessa mentioned a few contacts that she thought would be of some help as well. Glancing back at Margaret, she added,

"Margaret, take down these details as we talk, it will help you to get all the information we need much quicker. I think we are going to have a long night, do you think you can handle it?"

Margaret nodded her head as she scribbled in her notebook,

"Yes, I can handle an all nighter if that is what this is turning into."

Back