The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. I should think Beef Stew would be a nourishing aid to recovery? *whisper* Is Di vegetarian?
:rose:

Anyone putting coffee on yet? (Need a little sitdown and a nice cuppa.)
:heart:

As the Beef Stew is, for these purposes, purely medicinal, I don't think it matters.

And if you look real carefully, you'll find a small tray with the tea-things thereon.

As the Beef Stew is, for these purposes, purely medicinal, I don't think it matters.

And if you look real carefully, you'll find a small tray with the tea-things thereon.

All meals gratefully received, thank you. :rose:

I'm not vegetarian, as it happens, but, HP, I'm almost sure that no vegetarian would consider beef stew, even medicinally.

May I have tea too? :)

Hullo all!
I had a little break to pack Piglet up for her trip to stay with my family. She is going for three weeks! Feels kinda strange, I must say.

Di, I did recommend this steaming thing to HP, which is very cheap and easy to use. Would it be useful to you, do you think?

Well, I suppose I could put coffee on. Or go back to bed. Or watch back to back Lord of the Rings.
:cool:

I have a fair bit of teaching going on in the next couple of days, but today I can laze about and snoozle. Ahhhhh. *Stretch*

Hullo all!

Di, I did recommend this steaming thing to HP, which is very cheap and easy to use. Would it be useful to you, do you think?

Well, I suppose I could put coffee on. Or go back to bed. Or watch back to back Lord of the Rings.
:cool:

I have a fair bit of teaching going on in the next couple of days, but today I can laze about and snoozle. Ahhhhh. *Stretch*

I found a similarly-shaped inhaler thing at my local Chemist. It saved me a trip to my nearest Boots.

Coffee, my Dear ?
What a delightful thought

I found a similarly-shaped inhaler thing at my local Chemist. It saved me a trip to my nearest Boots.

Coffee, my Dear ?
What a delightful thought

Breakfast too! I have been sloping about on here reading a naughty story about milk :devil:. Yes, that kind of milk. It was very good - the story I mean, and now I am hungry! LOL.

Breakfast too! I have been sloping about on here reading a naughty story about milk :devil:. Yes, that kind of milk. It was very good - the story I mean, and now I am hungry! LOL.

I suggest you get yourself some Breakfast and cool down. ;)

Yes, fried in butter and eaten on a slice of lightly-done toast.

Boiled with wholemeal toast fingers and a cup of tea. (Duck egg.)
:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_2040.jpg
    DSC_2040.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 53
Hope you didn't harden the yolk,
and made soldiers for it all.

It was perfectly done! :) You can see the soldiers on the side of the plate.

Now I must think about something for lunch. It's nice to just get a snack, not have to rush around cooking for people. Later I am going out for drinks after the Fella's last research seminar. (No! I am not going to the boring old seminar, LOL. It's just two of his PhD students.) He is grumbling that attendance will be low, so with any luck it will be just us and we can go for cocktails instead of having to go for some student-y cheap drink. And then we can go for doner kebabs! :nana: While Piglet is away, we are planning to eat healthily, and as you will have noticed, there is lots of healthy salad in a kebab. :D

What a lovely garden.

Thank you! :):rose: I designed it myself. Well ... I had a professional guy come round.

When we moved in it was done out in different patches of dirty concrete interspersed with gravel mixed with cigarette butts. People asked if I was going to dig it up myself! :D It took two men a day using a pneumatic drill to get all the concrete out. And then they found the wall was about to fall over and suggested I get that fixed before it fell over on Piglet! :eek:

Thank you! :):rose: I designed it myself. Well ... I had a professional guy come round.

When we moved in it was done out in different patches of dirty concrete interspersed with gravel mixed with cigarette butts. People asked if I was going to dig it up myself! :D It took two men a day using a pneumatic drill to get all the concrete out. And then they found the wall was about to fall over and suggested I get that fixed before it fell over on Piglet! :eek:

There is always something. I have this vision of my back yard but as of now, just the sundeck is finished. :rolleyes:

Maybe when I retire. (sigh)

There is always something. I have this vision of my back yard but as of now, just the sundeck is finished. :rolleyes:

Maybe when I retire. (sigh)

That's the joy of gardens! Ours acksherly gets too little sun and so very few flowers grow. But we don't have to be constantly watering it when we get long spells of sunshine.

Of course, we live in Wales, where long spells of sunshine are kinda rare, LOL.

I so enjoyed planning out and getting the garden done. I am really proud that I laid it out so nicely for Piglet. She and her friends had a good time kicking up our scrubby lawn, and they still sometimes get chalks out and draw on the patio flags. :)

That's the joy of gardens! Ours acksherly gets too little sun and so very few flowers grow. But we don't have to be constantly watering it when we get long spells of sunshine.

Of course, we live in Wales, where long spells of sunshine are kinda rare, LOL.

I so enjoyed planning out and getting the garden done. I am really proud that I laid it out so nicely for Piglet. She and her friends had a good time kicking up our scrubby lawn, and they still sometimes get chalks out and draw on the patio flags. :)

Mine will be more along the lines of an oriental/zen garden. Sand, rocks, ponds, a water feature. Probably a small water fall and a short stream to the ponds. Coy fish, the whole 9 yards. I have a 6 foot privacy fence around it already.

We have far more sun in the summer than we need so low water plants are the order of the day.

Mine will be more along the lines of an oriental/zen garden. Sand, rocks, ponds, a water feature. Probably a small water fall and a short stream to the ponds. Coy fish, the whole 9 yards. I have a 6 foot privacy fence around it already.

We have far more sun in the summer than we need so low water plants are the order of the day.

How big is the pond for the Koy Carp ?

How big is the pond for the Koy Carp ?

I'm thinking 6 by 9 for the one closest to the water fall and 3 by 5 for the second. About 3 feet deep for both, connected by a of short channel. One pond will be shaded most of the day and the other more open to the sun. I want the channel deep enough the fish can move back and forth between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back