Oh Que!

I have been better but this too shall pass!!

What's new with you?

Que...the early bird gets the worm! I think I will sleep in tomorrow, worms don't sound very appetizing.

Oh not much. New job going well. :)

I'd skip the worms if I were you.

The early bird had to spend 21 minutes updating the company phone. I did not get the worm.

Last edited:
sometimes, I would have been much better off answering, No!

I find myself with time on my hands I'm currently playing "Can we just?..."

By "we" the actual in mean, "Will you please go even further out of your way then you already are?"

It's exactly like feeding stray cas. The more stray cats you feed the more show up. the way this starts is I drive a lot and people that know me know that I'm everywhere. If you need to be somewhere there's a good chance in the next week that I'm going to go there having more or less passed by your house. the problem is it's unlikely that I'm going to pass your house and be going where you need me to go at the time and date that you need that. what happens is all hear about somebody that needs to get here or there and I really am going that way so I'll offer. Which makes them think I'm magic.

this guy that I barely know called me out of the blue the other day to ask if I could run him by the food bank. Well who's going to say no to that? And that particular day it more or less would have worked with my schedule except for I needed to go to a slight bit later than he wanted to go.

So, he basically negotiated my time for today I promised him I would so now I'm doing it. That's when he started in with the can we just stop by the post office on the way. Not that it's actually on the way. They kicker though was when he wanted to stop by the Convenience Mart to cash in some scratcher tickets...

Epilogue:

so I'm feeling guilty about thinking all of the above already and I'm trying not to think that because do or do not. If I want to do it to be charitable do it but don't do it begrudgingly. I was actually calculating in my head what an hour and a half potentially cost me. potentially nothing at all because I often sit for much longer than that. Or potentially a dollar or two a minute. I was thinking that it probably would have been cheaper for me to Simply pick up some groceries and drop them off but of course he's not going to ask for that and not likely to actually accept that level of help.

so after I dropped him off and helped him with his groceries he's reaching his wallet to help me out with some gas money. In a Prius. I told him he was perfectly welcome

which is now that I have my mind right on it.

sometimes, I would have been much better off answering, No!

I find myself with time on my hands I'm currently playing "Can we just?..."

By "we" the actual in mean, "Will you please go even further out of your way then you already are?"

It's exactly like feeding stray cas. The more stray cats you feed the more show up. the way this starts is I drive a lot and people that know me know that I'm everywhere. If you need to be somewhere there's a good chance in the next week that I'm going to go there having more or less passed by your house. the problem is it's unlikely that I'm going to pass your house and be going where you need me to go at the time and date that you need that. what happens is all hear about somebody that needs to get here or there and I really am going that way so I'll offer. Which makes them think I'm magic.

this guy that I barely know called me out of the blue the other day to ask if I could run him by the food bank. Well who's going to say no to that? And that particular day it more or less would have worked with my schedule except for I needed to go to a slight bit later than he wanted to go.

So, he basically negotiated my time for today I promised him I would so now I'm doing it. That's when he started in with the can we just stop by the post office on the way. Not that it's actually on the way. They kicker though was when he wanted to stop by the Convenience Mart to cash in some scratcher tickets...

Epilogue:

so I'm feeling guilty about thinking all of the above already and I'm trying not to think that because do or do not. If I want to do it to be charitable do it but don't do it begrudgingly. I was actually calculating in my head what an hour and a half potentially cost me. potentially nothing at all because I often sit for much longer than that. Or potentially a dollar or two a minute. I was thinking that it probably would have been cheaper for me to Simply pick up some groceries and drop them off but of course he's not going to ask for that and not likely to actually accept that level of help.

so after I dropped him off and helped him with his groceries he's reaching his wallet to help me out with some gas money. In a Prius. I told him he was perfectly welcome

which is now that I have my mind right on it.

Payin' it forward one person at a time!

Payin' it forward one person at a time!

Far be it for me to question the universe but I would prefer that they just send me the occasional random hitchhiker. I pick those up too, because when you first see one out here there's some kind of a story behind it and they're not likely to get a ride for quite some time

... but that's easy they're already going the same way I'm going, I drop them when I drop them and I'm done.

the hard part is always the logistics involved with a round trip. A round trip means I'm committing to something that is not going to dovetail with whatever it is I'm doing that day.

Tl;dr:

I like to be helpful as long as it doesn't actually cost me anything. .

I am a stingy philanthropist in that way.

Actually, it doesn't. :rolleyes:

~shrug~

Even I draw the line at beating a dead corpse. . .

On a semi serious note... that inspired a thought. I've suspect that I'm probably a service top because I hardly ever think of such things unless I'm in the presence of an actual masochist.

Whoever bought our most recent technology "upgrade" needs to be fired and whoever sold it to us needs to be hired.

In 7 minutes I'm going to have to do the electronic equivalent of getting my own Rebound in a 10 seconds span.

There are two assignments being offered at that time and I want the second of the two. Normally that would be a matter of just simply going on a break which is supposed to hold my position but doesn't which puts me in second position which gives me the one I want.

Since the nearest competitor to me is 14 miles away there's a good chance I could just reject the first assignment and still get the second assignment, except:

There's a serious flaw in the system that if your finger is anywhere on the screen at the instant assignment is offered you just accepted that assignment whether you like it or not. so instead of fixing that by making you have to do something proactive to accept an assignment such as toggling a switch, they decided to give you a 10 second delay after each assignment is offered and rejected. Problem is they're both going to be offered at the same time.

Wait. . . .

I decided not to gamble after all and accepted the first assignment. Turned out to be better than I thought so it worked out but it's stupid to not be able to conveniently choose between two assignments when I'm the only one anywhere nearby.

Back