The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way home from Walmart today, I got behind a ratty old truck with a bumper sticker that said "I'm sorry I'm a minority. I only speak English."

Only in America would people be proud that they're too ignorant and lazy to learn another language. Do you know what I would give to be bi- or multi-lingual? I admire the hell out of people who are. People like Seela--whose English is better than mine--and many others on this forum are extremely inspiring and make me wish I could learn other languages as well as they so obviously have.

There is a huge swath of the population in this country that would do well to sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, and read a fucking book every once in awhile. :rolleyes:

On my way home from Walmart today, I got behind a ratty old truck with a bumper sticker that said "I'm sorry I'm a minority. I only speak English."

Only in America would people be proud that they're too ignorant and lazy to learn another language. Do you know what I would give to be bi- or multi-lingual? I admire the hell out of people who are. People like Seela--whose English is better than mine--and many others on this forum are extremely inspiring and make me wish I could learn other languages as well as they so obviously have.

There is a huge swath of the population in this country that would do well to sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, and read a fucking book every once in awhile. :rolleyes:

Just playing devils advocate:
The bumper sticker didn't say he only knew one language, just that he only spoke one.
:D

Just playing devils advocate:
The bumper sticker didn't say he only knew one language, just that he only spoke one.
:D

Maybe sign language is his other language? :p

It was just really stupid, given where I live. Maybe 5% of the population speaks something other than English. Maybe. So, no, idiot, you are not a minority. You are just an idiot. :rolleyes:

Sorry, politics-- is there a costco near you? Costco is one of the few good guys in the big box stores game, paying a living wage, health benefits. The CEOs have a limit to their income of-- get this-- 500K.

I've been advocating buying local if at all possible, and Costco actually puts money back into the community.

Sorry, politics-- is there a costco near you? Costco is one of the few good guys in the big box stores game, paying a living wage, health benefits. The CEOs have a limit to their income of-- get this-- 500K.

I've been advocating buying local if at all possible, and Costco actually puts money back into the community.

Nope, 'fraid not. The closest one is about an hour and a half away. A little far to drive for groceries and such. I would gladly shop at one if there were one within 30 miles or so, though. Damn truck doesn't get the best gas mileage (though it's better since its tune-up last week!).

They are finally building us a Publix, though, which excites me greatly. They are probably evil corporate overlords as well, but at least it's not Walmart. (Or non-Super Target. Or Piggly Wiggly. Or Winn-Dixie.) Yay for real, live produce in the off-season! (Seasonal produce comes from the curb markets.)

ETA: Actually, hey, Publix doesn't seem to suck as much as I thought it would. Wiki says they've never had a lay-off.

Last edited:

I just took my Spanish Entrence Test this morning. Tested into Basic Spanish 2. Not enough questions to do with food. Also they had proper past/present/future tences, and all the Spanish speakers I know only ever use present tense.

*shrug* I also haven't had anyone to practice with lately. This store had one Hispanic, and he turned out to have questionable paperwork. :rolleyes: I visited one of my old stores and had a conversation with a couple of the Hispanics there. I was excited that I was able to explain to them that we didn't have any Spanish speakers at this store so I needed to practice more, all in Spanish. :D

*Facewall* *Facewall* *Facewall*
Use a desk or the floor, dear. They're much more solid, and thus less likely to be damaged. And fixing dents and holes in walls is a royal pita.

Alternatively, you can go watch the demo on the Talk page, and slam your face into a mattress, and avoid doing any real damage to anything - face, wall, desk or floor - while still releasing tension and/or aggression. :rose: ;)

Do people realise that there is no Middle Earth? Fuck me, If I see one more moron with fake elf ears or dressed like a hobbit I am going to tell them exactly how stupid and moronic they look. Also lining up since 9pm last night to watch New Zealands "celebrities" walk down a red carpet shows a total surplus of space between their ears.

It really makes me embarressed to admit that I live in New Zealand.

*snip*

There are people like that everywhere, those, who take pride in their ignorance, I mean. I'm always amazed when someone tells how they've never read a book unless it was for school and make it sound like a huge accomplishment. Sure, reading's not for everyone, but people who never read scare me a little. But I'm afraid reading's a dying art anyways.

To be fair, though, if were as exposed to some other language as I am to English, you'd learn that other language, too. Most of the foreign stuff that's on TV here is in English (not necessarily American English, though, as we get at least Canadian, Australian, British and South African programs as well, so we hear a wide variety of English accents and vocabularies, too) and everything on TV is subtitled, apart from some cartoons and other stuff aimed at kids, so we hear the language all the time. It's pretty easy to be completely submerged in English here. I only wish I'd have a chance to speak English with someone regularly, because if I go long periods of time without speaking it, it starts to feel weird in my mouth and I start making stupid mistakes - if that makes any sense. :)

(And thanks:eek:)

Do people realise that there is no Middle Earth? Fuck me, If I see one more moron with fake elf ears or dressed like a hobbit I am going to tell them exactly how stupid and moronic they look. Also lining up since 9pm last night to watch New Zealands "celebrities" walk down a red carpet shows a total surplus of space between their ears.

It really makes me embarressed to admit that I live in New Zealand.

It haaaaaates the geeks, precious. It dooooooes.

Use a desk or the floor, dear. They're much more solid, and thus less likely to be damaged. And fixing dents and holes in walls is a royal pita.

Alternatively, you can go watch the demo on the Talk page, and slam your face into a mattress, and avoid doing any real damage to anything - face, wall, desk or floor - while still releasing tension and/or aggression. :rose: ;)

lol, thanks :p

So I did a radio interview about the book this morning and just discovered that you can download and listen to it.

It's not as easy as click and listen but, if you'd like to hear me babble, (and who wouldn't?), just enter 8:30 where it says "start time" and 15 minutes where it says "duration". (It will start right after the Ry Cooder song ends).

http://recent.cjly.org/

The host was a bit slow on the questions, lol, but he was very nice.

*sigh* I just learned that none of my roommates will be home for Christmas time... I'm not actually looking forward to this, as this is my first Christmas without my family and I'm not as close to my other friends as I used to be. It just would have been nice to have someone to sit around at home christmas eve/christmas with, ya know?

I reeeeally should have listened to him, when he said it's too cold for a knee-length skirt, even with an 80 denier pantyhose. The wind is seriously biting. I might not defrost today. *brrrrr*

I reeeeally should have listened to him, when he said it's too cold for a knee-length skirt, even with an 80 denier pantyhose. The wind is seriously biting. I might not defrost today. *brrrrr*

Fleece lined tights are amazing, I seriously recommend them as you can wear a skirt all winter and not get cold :)

Fleece lined tights are amazing, I seriously recommend them as you can wear a skirt all winter and not get cold :)

Thanks, I'll have to see if I can find a pair. I like wearing skirts and dresses, but in winter, if it's windy, it's horrible.

So I did a radio interview about the book this morning and just discovered that you can download and listen to it.

It's not as easy as click and listen but, if you'd like to hear me babble, (and who wouldn't?), just enter 8:30 where it says "start time" and 15 minutes where it says "duration". (It will start right after the Ry Cooder song ends).

You babble quite well, and sound so very Canadian! ;)

BTW, for anyone looking to listen to this delightful interview, you'll have to enter the 11/28 date in order to download (or stream) the correct day's content. DAMHIKT

Hmmmm. "sadistic" I wonder where you could have heard that word before. ;)

I think you let your BDSM roots show. :D

You babble quite well, and sound so very Canadian! ;)

Thanks MWY! Funny, people used to say I sounded American but I guess I've been rooted here long enough now that I'm being converted. ;)

BTW, for anyone looking to listen to this delightful interview, you'll have to enter the 11/28 date in order to download (or stream) the correct day's content. DAMHIKT

Ah, good point! I should have mentioned that.

Hmmmm. "sadistic" I wonder where you could have heard that word before. ;)

I think you let your BDSM roots show. :D

LOL. Well, come on, I had to slip in some nod to all my Litster friends - however subtle.

All the press obviously worked as the launch was PACKED tonight! What a blast. It went a hundred times better than I'd hoped for. In fact, I can't sleep because I'm just wired from the experience. Talk about your positive reinforcement. Wow. I was just hoping the audience would "get it", I wasn't prepared for the full on town meeting that it turned into.

Also, there were cupcakes. :D

Man, I'm going to need to sleep for a few days.

Last day of work.

He starts his new job on Monday already, but we don't get the apartment until the 23rd, so he stays at a friend's house for the first weeks of December, and I'm still stuck here with the cat. Boo. I'm going to be bored out of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back