Tax the Rich?

Why that's just silly.

The families and corporations will take that those billions and shovel it right into higher wages. Steve Mnuchin says so.

Also, the deficit would be rather less if Congress' corporate owners weren't receiving huge windfalls, which will be funneled to investors (many overseas), or used for stock buybacks, but not for job creation. Voodoo economics don't work.

Point is, Senate rules mandate deficits within certain limits, and if those limits are blown, they MUST reduce the payouts. As the article shows, state officials have recourse beyond yet more lawsuits. Convert non-deductibles into deductibles, all playing within the rules, and Gup traitors' projections are blown to shit. Start over, boys.

Oh, remember how Tromp promised higher corporate taxes, lower personal taxes, and a strengthened safety net? Ha ha. Fooled y'all, suckers. Tromp was right. Gup voters ARE the dumbest around.

PS: That Obama deficit increase? Remember that Dubya's gang collapsed the economy and left the n!gger the shitty job of cleaning up their fucking mess. N!ggers always get the shitty jobs. It's in the Constitution.

You have to admire the chutzpah

Owned.

MW-EH217_trumps_ZG_20160304172054.jpg

Ruined.

x143.gif.pagespeed.ic.eeAq-uEjbY.png

Destroyed.

Debt%20under%20candidates%20proposals.JPG

You have to admire the chutzpah, if not the hypocrisy, of leftists suddenly claiming to care about national debt. They were fine with it when President Obama and the Democrats nearly doubled over two centuries' worth of accumulated debt in just 8 years (while gutting the military and never achieving even 3% GDP growth).

obama_debt_asof08242009.jpg

Owned.

MW-EH217_trumps_ZG_20160304172054.jpg

Ruined.

x143.gif.pagespeed.ic.eeAq-uEjbY.png

Destroyed.

Debt%20under%20candidates%20proposals.JPG

Oh dan_c00000, again you're either purposefully trying to ignore the actual issue, or just being dense. I put forth Obama's actual record, and you reply with imaginary hypotheticals.

In the case of your first graph, that's old and inaccurate news. It is based on an unrealistically low prediction of economic growth, already proven wrong by the current increase in GDP. (This raises again the original question: Why do you care so much about the projected $2 billion in debt under the now defunct Trump plan but seem to have no problem with the actual $9 billion debt imposed on us by President Obama?)

The other two graphs are hypothetical projections by pro-Hillary partisans from back in 2016! Like the first graph, they have nothing to do with either of the the current Congressional tax bills, nor with current economic conditions.

The only person "owned," "ruined," or "destroyed," by your display of either dishonesty or ignorance is yourself, and by your own hand.

On the other hand, as long as we are bringing Clintons into the debate, let's remember another, albeit less dramatic occasion, that tax cuts led to increased governmental revenues.

The effects of increasing taxes on Treasury receipts can be seen in the Clinton and Democrat-controlled congressional tax increase of 1993, one of the largest in history. Despite a more robust job market following a recession, the 1993 tax increase didn't accomplish what Democrats expected. The tax increases added very little to treasury receipts despite their magnitude. Reports from the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Internal Revenue Service all agree.

In fact, the balanced budgets of the Clinton years didn't occur until after a Republican Congress passed and the president reluctantly signed a 1997 tax bill that lowered the capital gains rate from 28% to 20%, added a child tax credit, and established higher limits on tax exclusion for IRAs and estates.

J. Shenk, The Successful Clinton Economy Was Based on Tax Cuts. No, Really..., American Thinker (Sep. 11, 2010) (bold type added); accord, J.D. Foster, Tax Cuts, Not the Clinton Tax Hike, Produced the 1990s Boom, Heritage (Mar. 4, 2008) ("Economic growth was solid but hardly spectacular in the years immediately following the 1993 tax increase. The real economic boom occurred in the latter half of the decade, after the 1997 tax cut. Low taxes are still a key to a strong economy.") (includes a full list of the 1997 Clinton tax cuts).

Thank you, dan_c00000, for reminding me, indirectly, at least, about the Bill Clinton tax cuts and how they improved the economy and led to increased government revenues.

[lotsa stuff]
Do you really expect people to scroll back and forth, left and right, over and over, to read your trite text? Hint: when posting or reposting wide images, keep your comments brief, or in a following post. Otherwise you're ignored.

Do you really expect people to scroll back and forth, left and right, over and over, to read your trite text? Hint: when posting or reposting wide images, keep your comments brief, or in a following post. Otherwise you're ignored.
The American Thinker links make it unworthy of attention. Too much fake news, as Trump says.

It gets bad -- for the tax bill re-writers. California and other high-deduction states are working on plans to finesse their laws to retain SALT deductions, saving taxpayers a lot of money – but exploding the federal deficit. Gups are fucking with fire. Gonna burn their weenies right off.

Weird speaking of how California is gonna burn the weenies off the Fed when that whole damned state is currently ON FIRE and begging the Fed for money!

The amount of destruction I've brought upon dawn has been pretty said. Now all we have to do is wait for the inevitable "I'm a man pretending to be a woman on the internet" confession. I love how he quotes his own posts too, like I didn't already pound those into dust.

The Thinker is, of course, a racist rag and therefore fake news for triggered righty snowflakes.

The amount of destruction I've brought upon dawn has been pretty said. Now all we have to do is wait for the inevitable "I'm a man pretending to be a woman on the internet" confession. I love how he quotes his own posts too, like I didn't already pound those into dust.

The Thinker is, of course, a racist rag and therefore fake news for triggered righty snowflakes.

You obviously didn’t read the memo.. a ‘snowflake’ is a melting left winger who left the Javits Center like a sugar cube in a rainstorm

You still haven't turned yourself in, traitor. Quit delaying.
Weird speaking of how California is gonna burn the weenies off the Fed when that whole damned state is currently ON FIRE and begging the Fed for money!
The whole West has been burning, or didn't you notice? And a non-trivial chunk of the South has been blown and flooded. And Puerto Rico, more populous than ~30 states, has been devastated. And more and more megastorms are coming. Guess them Global Warming folks are right, hey?

And the new tax bill would kill deductions for disaster expenses, so when the next climate catastrophes occur, and you've lost everything, you can just suck it up, whilst windfalls flow to shareholders, many foreign. Guess the Qatari Sovereign Fund needs your money more than you do, hey?

Aren't you yet ashamed of your treason? Turn yourself in now.

You have to admire the chutzpah, if not the hypocrisy, of leftists suddenly claiming to care about national debt. They were fine with it when President Obama and the Democrats nearly doubled over two centuries' worth of accumulated debt in just 8 years (while gutting the military and never achieving even 3% GDP growth).

obama_debt_asof08242009.jpg

More importantly, moderate tax reforms such as those currently going to Conference Committee have historically increased government revenues. See, generally, B. Domitrovic & L. Kudlow, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan Proved Tax Cuts Work, Time (Sep. 29, 2016); M. Geewax, JFK's Lasting Economic Legacy: Lower Tax Rates, NPR (Nov. 14, 2013); D. Mitchell, The Historical Lessons of Lower Tax Rates, (Aug. 13, 2003).

Indeed, if California and other high tax states can figure out a way "to finesse their laws to retain SALT deductions" (which I doubt they can do, as the IRS will be the primary arbiter of the issue), it would be a good thing. As I wrote yesterday:

Somehow retaining the SALT deductions would fix the biggest flaw in the Senate version of reform!

If Reagan proved that "tax cuts work," why did the national debt triple when he was president? Why were more jobs created every year under Carter than Reagan? Why did Reagan have the longest and deepest recession since the Great Depression?

If Reagan proved that "tax cuts work," why did the national debt triple when he was president? Why were more jobs created every year under Carter than Reagan? Why did Reagan have the longest and deepest recession since the Great Depression?

You can also ask how the Clinton tax increases led to a booming economy and a budget surplus, but you won't get an answer.

You can also ask how the Clinton tax increases led to a booming economy and a budget surplus, but you won't get an answer.
Not to mention that USA is at nearly full employment, job offerings go unfilled, and corporations are sitting on oceans of cash -- so why do they need more cash? Because there's never enough cash, and Gups will lose sponsorship if they don't deliver. This really is a fucking critical juncture, folks.

Not to mention that USA is at nearly full employment, job offerings go unfilled, and corporations are sitting on oceans of cash -- so why do they need more cash? Because there's never enough cash, and Gups will lose sponsorship if they don't deliver. This really is a fucking critical juncture, folks.
Remember the stimulus of 2009? Obama's package was huge. Trump needs to prove he has a bigger package.

Please notice it's dan_c00000 who posts the wide images. I suspect he is trying to interfere with people easily reading this thread, so they will not see what a pounding he is taking both factually and rhetorically.

Um... cite? The last point especially confuses me. Of which years of recession do you write? If you mean at the beginning of his presidency, that was inherited from Carter. I remember those years. I was in high school. My single mother, raising us four girls, was a real estate agent. She explained to us what was happening as it went. Carter appointed Paul Volcker Fed Chairman. To stop inflation, Volcker raised interest rates so high my mom complained that her amortization charts (yes, they were on paper in books back then) were obsolete because they only went up to 12%! That put the country into a recession that made the Obama Recession look mild. It killed the real estate industry for years, very lean years for my family. Reagan got us out of that recession with his tax cuts.

I suppose that's from where my knowledge of the effect of tax cuts, and my support for them, comes.

You already got an answer:

The effects of increasing taxes on Treasury receipts can be seen in the Clinton and Democrat-controlled congressional tax increase of 1993, one of the largest in history. Despite a more robust job market following a recession, the 1993 tax increase didn't accomplish what Democrats expected. The tax increases added very little to treasury receipts despite their magnitude. Reports from the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Internal Revenue Service all agree.

In fact, the balanced budgets of the Clinton years didn't occur until after a Republican Congress passed and the president reluctantly signed a 1997 tax bill that lowered the capital gains rate from 28% to 20%, added a child tax credit, and established higher limits on tax exclusion for IRAs and estates.

J. Shenk, The Successful Clinton Economy Was Based on Tax Cuts. No, Really..., American Thinker (Sep. 11, 2010) (bold type added); accord, J.D. Foster, Tax Cuts, Not the Clinton Tax Hike, Produced the 1990s Boom, Heritage (Mar. 4, 2008) ("Economic growth was solid but hardly spectacular in the years immediately following the 1993 tax increase. The real economic boom occurred in the latter half of the decade, after the 1997 tax cut. Low taxes are still a key to a strong economy.") (includes a full list of the 1997 Clinton tax cuts).

Thank you, dan_c00000, for reminding me, indirectly, at least, about the Bill Clinton tax cuts and how they improved the economy and led to increased government revenues.

Just because you don't like the sources does not invalidate the facts they report.

Also...

Clinton was simply the beneficiary of the Reagan peace dividend, nothing more!

He was also the beneficiary of the dot-com boom and the GOP Contract with America.

.... Now all we have to do is wait for the inevitable "I'm a man pretending to be a woman on the internet" confession.

This again? Really? Besides its blatant sexism, you reveal a lot about yourself and your sexual insecurities by these tacit admissions that you cannot accept being out-thought and out-debated by a woman. As I've pondered before about you, dan_c00000....

I wonder why you need to question that I'm a woman. Is it that you cannot bear that you are constantly out-classed, both intellectually and rhetorically, by a female? Tell me, have you ever kissed a girl or even been on a date? How's mom doing, and does she still nag you to move out of her basement?

Please notice it's dan_c00000 who posts the wide images.

That's ok because he's a (D) fanboy and thus totally beyond criticism and could likely break forum rules blatantly but get away with it as long as he stays a (D)o or (D)ie (D)umoh cheerleader.

So fuck you and your stupid freedom you Nazi scum!!

We don't need that shit in the USA because freedom is racist and so is capitalism! Besides the USA was founded as an extreme left wing communist state for democrats to rule over with absolute authority....didn't you know?

No we don't need you. We need him and we lost him. Shut your fucking mouth. There are no D fan boys and that's part of our fucking problem is you steal them away with your lies. So I love you but just die.

No we don't need you. We need him and we lost him. Shut your fucking mouth. There are no D fan boys and that's part of our fucking problem is you steal them away with your lies. So I love you but just die.

Wtf?

Did you go off your meds again?

Hypoxia said:
Please notice it's dan_c00000 who posts the wide images. I suspect he is trying to interfere with people easily reading this thread, so they will not see what a pounding he is taking both factually and rhetorically.
Blaming someone else. How Trompian.

I'm just telling the truth.

Meanwhile, dan_c00000 sabotages any forum where he knows his opponents' have facts and reason supporting their positions. How Democrat.

N. Ferguson, The Biggest Threat to Free Speech? It’s the Left, Boston Globe (Aug. 7, 2017) (make sure to click on the "Continue Reading" button under the first ad; the examples of how the left stiffles opposition rights are enlightening); B. Richardson, Bill Maher on Berkeley Riot: The Left Has a ‘Problem’ with Free Speech, Washington Times (Feb 4. 2017).

The Washington Times is fake news. Owned.

You make this really easy dawn. I've noticed, after demolishing you repeatedly, you haven't even attempted to answer any of my data. How racist of you.

ouwsd.jpg

Hypoxia said:
I'm just telling the truth.
That's what Tromp and his spox say as continuous lies and mischaracterizations flow from their frothy lips and flying fingertips.

"I am not a liar."
"I am not a racist."
"I am not a sex abuser."

Yeah, we've heard that before.

"I am not a crook."

Uh huh. Protestations of innocence and sincerity. We know the pattern.

Back