Tax the Rich?

The military should be paid for by the people it protects, the oil companies.

You can turn yourself in now, traitor. Bring a rope.

A key point concerning taxes, is why we have taxes in the first place. There’s one reason, and one reason only. It is to fund the NEEDS of the government. What taxes are NOT are a means of funding government WANTS.
We went over the NEEDS vs WANTS thang awhile back. Read your fucking constitution. Congress, not you, decides what's needed and, implicitly, what each member wants.

Does America NEED another bridge to nowhere? Likely not, but if a powerful member WANTS it, it's funded. Congress has decided that America NEEDS to transfer cash from middle-income working taxpayers to corporations' foreign shareholders, and also NEEDS many military hardware programs that don't fucking work. Talk to your congresscritters about these needs, hey?

You need an entity equal to the Federal government to say “NO”. The only sovereign body in our government up to that responsibility are the states.
States haven't been sovereign since the Articles of Confederation were replaced by the Constitution. By ratifying Articles I and IV the original states ceded any sovereignty to the gov't of the United States of America.

All other states were created by Congress; except for the independent Republics of California and Texas, and the overthrown Kingdom of Hawai'i, they were never sovereign entities.

You should turn yourself in now, traitor. Don't forget the rope.

I'm sorry, dan_c00000, i missed that. It would be helpful if you would link back to prior posts you reference. Can you please do that, or simply again "outline" your supposedly "more fair and equitable tax system"?

Still waiting....

(Has anyone noticed that when you ask the Left for specifics, you're answered with silence?)

Meanwhile...

.... I wrote that high taxes on something "discourage" it. That's true regardless of the intention.

"Prove it"? I'll give you a Wisconsin example. During the GHW Bush Administration, despite the "read my lips" pledge, the federal government imposed a luxury tax on yachts. It did not bring in much money. The rich just stopped buying yachts. The primary losers under this tax scheme were the yacht builders and their working class employees in cities like Manitowoc and Sturgeon Bay. See generally, J. Glassman, How to Sink an Industry and Not Soak the Rich, Washington Post (Jul. 16, 1993).

Taxes have consequences. They affect behavior. Here is a current example:

The Land of Lincoln is experiencing heavy losses of people and income to other states, new IRS data reveal. Illinois lost more than 86,000 people and $4.75 billion in adjusted gross income to other states from 2015-2016.

Illinois’ problem with wealth flight isn’t just persisting, it’s getting worse.
That’s the takeaway from new data released by the Internal Revenue Service on Nov. 30. In terms of both people and income, the Land of Lincoln saw a record-breaking exodus in the 2015 tax year (2015-2016).

Illinois saw a net loss of nearly 42,000 tax returns to other states on the year, representing a net loss of more than 86,100 people (measured in exemptions), according to the IRS. That’s an all-time high.

And when people leave the state, they don’t just take their talent, drive and ingenuity. They take their wallets, too.

Illinois lost $4.75 billion in adjusted gross income, or AGI, on net to other states in tax year 2015. That’s also an all-time high. While residents saw $6.35 billion in adjusted gross income, or AGI, move into Illinois from other states, $11.10 billion moved out of Illinois to another state....

Since the 2011 temporary income tax hikes, the flight of wealth and people from Illinois has accelerated.

A. Berg, New IRS Data: Illinois Sees Record Loss of People, Income to Other States, Illinois Policy (Dec.1, 2017). (According to the article, a good chunk of these people moved to Wisconsin. I wonder what that will look like when Foxconn is up and running.)

Getting back to your objections to my last two posts, the point of that meme, by its own terms, is "discouragement," not "punishment." I don't want government punishing anyone but criminals. At the same time, I don't want government discouraging productivity.

As I suggested, you're arguing against strawmen to avoid the primary point of this thread. This thread demonstrates that the current tax code, which has 1% of taxpayers paying 39.5% of income taxes and the top 50% of taxpayers paying essentially all the taxes, is bad public policy (bad public policy which the meager tax reforms currently struggling through Congress do little to remedy). It not only discourages productivity, it is simply unfair. Also, by allowing nearly half of all citizens to pay no federal income taxes, too few citizens have a stake in maintaining responsible federal budgeting. We need a more equitable federal tax policy.

To which came this reply:

Lol

What a whack job you are!

No logical or factual response, simply an inarticulate ad hominem attack.

I guess we've established who's right.

Still waiting....

(Has anyone noticed that when you ask the Left for specifics, you're answered with silence?)

Meanwhile...

That's pretty much SOP

Aren't you the nutjob who began stalking me on a PM?

Still waiting....

Meanwhile...

As far as the rest of what you write, a flat tax would eliminate all of those issues. For individuals, everyone would pay the same rate, subject to the same exemption.

Same thing for corporations, if you tax them at all. Why not simply tax dividends and stock-traders' capital gains? That does away with the current double taxation and "corporate rate vs. pass-thru rate" problems.

Nah, because people want to hurt those EVIL corporation via tax....dumb fuckers don't realize that corporations don't pay tax.

Congress has decided that America NEEDS to transfer cash from middle-income working taxpayers to corporations' foreign shareholders,

Oh look Hypoxia is full of shit and spreading hysterical lefty lies again. :rolleyes:

Dawn and bot just got their assholes ruined...again.

Just a few highlights from their absolute destruction:

"the Senate bill would hand half of the tax cut’s overall value to filers earning more than $200,000"

"It’s probably the most regressive tax cut in the past 50 years"

Wow, just wow. Look at all the specifics. Your assholes are so gaping you could drive an Orange Nazi colored truck through there. You guys make it so fucking easy. No wonder you always come on here spouting lies and begging for specifics (when you've got no data to back up your bullshit. You guys are fucking pathetic.

As always,

rYou_Got_Owned_preview.png

I guarantee Bitter Boy has no idea what's in the Tax Bill.

He gets all his information from the "Ds" he sees through his sniper lens on the web. IF they like or don't like it, he makes his ignorant judgments based on that.

He's a big old fraud.

Oh look Hypoxia is full of shit and spreading hysterical lefty lies again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I guarantee Bitter Boy has no idea what's in the Tax Bill.
I guarantee NOBODY has any idea of what all is in the bill.

Doesn't matter. I recall the words of a US Army captain in VietNam: "Nobody know which end of the stick is up but that doesn't matter because tomorrow the other end will be up."

What tax bill? It is still being rewritten because fuckups:

The Senate GOP Accidentally Killed Some of Its Donors’ Favorite Tax Breaks
Mitch McConnell never subjected his blueprint for restructuring the world’s largest economy to a single hearing. His caucus never invited experts to offer insight into the bill’s implications for housing, health care, higher education, outsourcing, or tax evasion. This haste had an upside for the Senate GOP: It allowed the party to pass deeply unpopular changes to the tax code before the public had time to learn about them.

But approaching major legislation like an Adderall-addled sophomore approaches an overdue term paper came with a minor drawback: It forced the party to pass a tax bill before they had time to read it.

In hindsight, McConnell should have asked for an extension. While Republicans were manically outlining their plans to take from the poor to give to the Trumps, they also, accidentally, nullified all of their corporate donors’ favorite deductions.
Oops.

Are there any ratings for congressional fuck-up-ed-ness? Do we have a winner of the Most Fucked Up Congress In USA History award? We haven't had members physically attacking each other lately, but still...

I guarantee NOBODY has any idea of what all is in the bill.

You seemed to know that they were raising taxes on the working class to benefit the rich.:rolleyes:

And you also seemed to not give a single shit when (D)'s slammed working class M'aricanz with one of the single largest rat fuck taxes of all time.

Who could have imagined that from one of the largest (D) partisan hacks on the board.

Do a little research and get back to us explaining why that's not what they're doing.

Otherwise, you're just a parasitic fraud.

You seemed to know that they were raising taxes on the working class to benefit the rich.:rolleyes:

All of the cats, rats, horses, cows, pigs and lambs, are out of the bag. We will have to wait for the chickens to roost, and the ducks to form rows.

No longer any need for the pressure of suppression.

*reads*

Robert Murray, the company’s chief executive officer, said the Senate tax plan would raise his company’s tax bill by $60 million.

“What the Senate did, in their befuddled mess, is drove me out of business and then bragged about the fact that they got some tax reform passed,” Mr. Murray said in an interview Sunday. “This is not job creation. This is not stimulating income. This is driving a whole sector of our community into nonexistence.”

:rolleyes:

"Marvellous magic, Mitch!"

Do a little research and get back to us explaining why that's not what they're doing.

Otherwise, you're just a parasitic fraud.

That's not what they are doing.

Not unfairly gouging those who are doing for those who are not is NOT hiking taxes on the middle class.

Neither is nixing some write off's that might result in some of the middle class paying more.

If you're a middle class, especially as it's meant from the view of liberalism/capitalism (the business owner), then this tax plan is almost certainly a tax cut for you.

But . . . but . . . that's all he is--a parasitic fraud.

Says the guy who advocates parasitic frauds rat fucking the middle/working class as long as it's a (D) doing it.

#1. Your first point is not sustainable.

If you think cutting taxes for "those who are doing for those who are not" is fine, alright then, but what does that have to do with hiking taxes on the middle class? Why can't they "not gouge" the rich and leave middle class taxes alone?

#2. Your second point at least makes some sense. You choose to characterize tax hikes as "nixing some write-offs" but at least there's a causal connection.

#3. And the vast majority of middle class who are not "business owners" but teachers, postal workers, average Joe's? Are they the ones draining the economy through supposed "write-offs" and not huge corporations not paying because of loopholes which remain unclosed?

#4. You're fine with "Nixing write-offs" for the ne-er-do-wells in the middle class, but at the same time bitch about Ds "rat-fucking" the middle/working class--who, because they oppose this bill, would be the ones NOT fine with "nixing write-offs" for the middle class.

#5. Taxes for POOR people will be going up under the Trump tax plan, such as people making $10,000 a year. And yet its Ds "rat-fucking" the working class.

That's not what they are doing.

Not unfairly gouging those who are doing for those who are not is NOT hiking taxes on the middle class.

Neither is nixing some write off's that might result in some of the middle class paying more.

If you're a middle class, especially as it's meant from the view of liberalism/capitalism (the business owner), then this tax plan is almost certainly a tax cut for you.

All of the cats, rats, horses, cows, pigs and lambs, are out of the bag. We will have to wait for the chickens to roost, and the ducks to form rows.

No longer any need for the pressure of suppression.

*reads*

Robert Murray, the company’s chief executive officer, said the Senate tax plan would raise his company’s tax bill by $60 million.

“What the Senate did, in their befuddled mess, is drove me out of business and then bragged about the fact that they got some tax reform passed,” Mr. Murray said in an interview Sunday. “This is not job creation. This is not stimulating income. This is driving a whole sector of our community into nonexistence.”

"Marvellous magic, Mitch!"
Robert Murray was featured on Last Week Tonight last summer. His lawsuit is still moving through the courts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw6RsUhw1Q8

#1. Your first point is not sustainable.

If you think cutting taxes for "those who are doing for those who are not" is fine, alright then, but what does that have to do with hiking taxes on the middle class? Why can't they "not gouge" the rich and leave middle class taxes alone?

Nothing, that's my point.

Lefties consider not fucking the rich the same a fucking the middle/working class.

#2. Your second point at least makes some sense. You choose to characterize tax hikes as "nixing some write-offs" but at least there's a causal connection.

It's not a characterization, that's what it is.

Some "middle class' folks won't be able to write off certain shit they used to, effectively raising some folks taxes without actually upping taxes on them.

#3. And the vast majority of middle class who are not "business owners" but teachers, postal workers, average Joe's? Are they the ones draining the economy through supposed "write-offs" and not huge corporations not paying because of loopholes which remain unclosed?

Aren't really middle class...they are working class but that's whatever.

No, and neither are huge corporations, who don't pay any taxes, never have never will, not ever.

#4. You're fine with "Nixing write-offs" for the ne-er-do-wells in the middle class, but at the same time bitch about Ds "rat-fucking" the middle/working class--who, because they oppose this bill, would be the ones NOT fine with "nixing write-offs" for the middle class.

No, the (D)'s rat fucking of the middle class as far as taxation is concerned was Obamacare, one of the single largest tax hikes against the working/middle class in a very long time.

And we got shit for it in return!! Absolute shit...total fucking rip off.

No lamentation and apocalyptic predictions from (D)'s and their fan base then.

Hell most are still defending it like it wasn't a total fucking scam, a Romneycare Ripoff from the (R)'s.

#5. Taxes for POOR people will be going up under the Trump tax plan, such as people making $10,000 a year. And yet its Ds "rat-fucking" the working class.

Good....time they started paying their fair share.

Yea, (D)'s do it too and you cheer it.

That's my point.

You cheer tax hikes on the working/middle class....as long as (D) is doing it.
Laugh.jpg

Even when (D) is using an (R) plan, the (R) plan from the guy who LOST!!! to do it, you still go to bat for them!
romney-laughing.jpg

The sheer volume of morons who think one party or the other is on their side as a citizen is not only the direct cause of why things are so fucked up, but total comedy as well.

Last edited:
*listens to video*

yikes

"Murray Energy Corp., an Ohio-based firm and the largest privately held U.S. coal-mining company, complained that the AMT decision and the Senate’s tougher limits on interest deductions made a “mockery out of so-called tax reform.”

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...alls-victim-to-republican-vote-payoff-orama/#

Mother Jones got a bit snarky...

http://time.com/4829720/john-oliver-lawsuit-robert-murray-coal/

“I have to proceed with caution,” Oliver said. “I’m not going to say he looks like a geriatric Dr. Evil, even though he clearly does.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6959723.stm

When I was a child, there were a number of tragedies that re-occurred with regularity.

There is no reason for the tragedies, to become worse, now that we have a computerized network.

Other, than greed.

Typical response. A typical partisan generalization making false attributions and ascriptions with NO specific knowledge of what the Trump tax plan actually does. And doesn't answer my question. Of course to answer it, you'd have to know why we're complaining about this specific tax plan.

Also: GB the other day:

Bitter Boy: "Fuck the poor. They need to step up their game."

Today: The Ds are always rat-fucking the working class.

Nothing, that's my point.

Lefties consider not fucking the rich the same a fucking the middle/working class.

Last edited:
Typical response. A typical partisan generalization making false attributions and ascriptions with NO specific knowledge of what the Trump tax plan actually does.

It's not making false attributions and ascriptions.

It's a regularly regurgitated pile of bullshit from the left.

You don't need any knowledge of the Trump tax plan to regurgitate lefty derp.

And doesn't answer my question. Of course to answer it, you'd have to know why we're complaining about this specific tax plan.

Which one?

The only reason you're complaining about this specific tax plan is because (R)'s are evil and you hate Trump.

If it was (D)'s fucking the working/middle class over and being signed off on by the Queen of Wall St. you'd have no problem with it, your unwavering support of (D)'s and Obama doing it blatantly with Obamacare is proof.

You're a hack...a basic partisan.

Also: GB the other day:

Bitter Boy: "Fuck the poor. They need to step up their game."

Today: The Ds are always rat-fucking the working class.

Also irrelevant.

And they don't even conflict with one another, my opinion on the poor and their status as such has nothing to do with the behavior of (D)'s or (R)'s or any other political party, representative or entity.

The poor do need to step up their game and the (D)'s are always rat fucking the working class.

Last edited:
Aren't you the nutjob who began stalking me on a PM?

No. I do not think I have ever sent you a PM.

I went back through all my "sent" messages to be sure. I do not PM much, so it just took a minute. There is nothing there.

What are you talking about?

Yeah, just double checked. You did. 7/30/17

Freak

No. I do not think I have ever sent you a PM.

I went back through all my "sent" messages to be sure. I do not PM much, so it just took a minute. There is nothing there.

What are you talking about?

Back