The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY~

time to get in the tub, get shaved and get dressed for work...

hmmm...skirt, heels?

Possibly but I think I gotta walk home in the morning so better pack something comfy to walk home in...

Am sorry to know you may have to walk. Hopefully, my car will be back home soon and you will have no worries:D

While I respect everyone for stating their minds....

I do believe we need a subject change.

How bout them [insert random sports team here because I can't think of any], folks?

Scutt, Vi, Vail and anyone else jumping into the discussion, I'm heading out of this. Not because I'm turning tail and running, but because this could turn into another one of the Lounge's BIG discussions and frankly, I've had my fill of them. One could argue that I started this. I simply found Vail's expression of "rapings" a surprise and said so. Yes, I said I do find Vail to be inconsistent. Maybe I should have added, at times. Scutt is right, nobody is constantly and steadfastly, consistent. I have my reasons for my views where Vail is concerned. No, I don't wish to share them. They're mine. That all said, I'm heading back to writing.

Discussions happen.
That's what we navel gazers of the creative lot do.

I support your right to call a person out on their language, as this is something that I do often myself. Remember that a person's language is only indicative of the person's thoughts and they can be interrupted, challenged and sometimes changed.

They are not solely indicative of that person or the persona for which she (or he or they) breathe life into.

Enjoy your writing.

While I respect everyone for stating their minds....

I do believe we need a subject change.

How bout them [insert random sports team here because I can't think of any], folks?

I can help here.

I don't follow basketball, but I saw this headline, which made the 13-year old living inside me fall down laughing:

Raptors Get Gay In 3-Way Trade

I guess they traded for a player named Rudy Gay.

It's a lot like the headlines for pitcher Bartolo Colon (pronounced kind of like cologne), like "Colon Takes Another Pounding" and "Cleveland's Colon Emerges Smelling Like a Rose," both of which are actual headlines.

LT ~ I like discussions.

ALT ~ Here though they do tend to become dramas, because it's online, because we can't read tone and because some people can't convey their thoughts clearly enough.

FLT ~ But I do appreciate listening to and debating with other adults about important, and unimportant, stuff. And do feel cheated out of my chance to talk when people say..."That's it now. Don't want to talk about this anymore."

shrugs

Ah well, such is Lit...

I can help here.

I don't follow basketball, but I saw this headline, which made the 13-year old living inside me fall down laughing:

Raptors Get Gay In 3-Way Trade

I guess they traded for a player named Rudy Gay.

It's a lot like the headlines for pitcher Bartolo Colon (pronounced kind of like cologne), like "Colon Takes Another Pounding" and "Cleveland's Colon Emerges Smelling Like a Rose," both of which are actual headlines.

*the thirteen year old in her just died laughing*

I love how they always try to make headlines interesting and yet they come off so naughty!

LT ~ I like discussions.

ALT ~ Here though they do tend to become dramas, because it's online, because we can't read tone and because some people can't convey their thoughts clearly enough.

FLT ~ But I do appreciate listening to and debating with other adults about important, and unimportant, stuff. And do feel cheated out of my chance to talk when people say..."That's it now. Don't want to talk about this anymore."

shrugs

Ah well, such is Lit...

*cuddles a Witchy face cuz I can*

and really that's all i have to add...

cuz my opinion on the rest of it has already been covered by others with a better grasp of the English language.

LT ~ I like discussions.

shrugs

Ah well, such is Lit...

Kisses her cheek

If you'd like to come have a private debate with me, come on over any time.

LT ~ I like discussions.

shrugs

Ah well, such is Lit...

I don't want to cheat you out of your chance to speak, I just feel that certain discussions lead to problems between people then everyone else takes a side.

Discussions are great, and I do believe they are important as well but I just hate how most of the time they end with two sides at war.

I don't want to cheat you out of your chance to speak, I just feel that certain discussions lead to problems between people then everyone else takes a side.

Discussions are great, and I do believe they are important as well but I just hate how most of the time they end with two sides at war.

I think that's where the "adult" in "adult discussion" comes in. If you can't disagree with someone, even passionately, but be able to talk to that person about the crazy cat video that's all over the place right now when you're done, then you need to examine how fragile your ego is that it cannot handle dissent.

People always say that you shouldn't talk about religion and politics, but.. fuck that shit. Those are the things we should be talking about. They're the things that matter. The only problem arises when you think your opinions and ideas untouchable, or you find yourself unable to handle criticism of your position. But that's a you problem, not a them problem.

In all instances here, of course, I mean the general you, not you specifically.

i have to agree.. i hate people stifling a good debate.

AND I'll say this agian. The dramatic types that have minds full of idea and opinion create such wonderful works of literary and often erotic art. Sometimes that drama spills off the page and passions continue to flow amid conversations.

Without those passions the writing around here would suck worse than "insert THAT bad RP Texter's name here".

:devil:

I think that's where the "adult" in "adult discussion" comes in. If you can't disagree with someone, even passionately, but be able to talk to that person about the crazy cat video that's all over the place right now when you're done, then you need to examine how fragile your ego is that it cannot handle dissent.

People always say that you shouldn't talk about religion and politics, but.. fuck that shit. Those are the things we should be talking about. They're the things that matter. The only problem arises when you think your opinions and ideas untouchable, or you find yourself unable to handle criticism of your position. But that's a you problem, not a them problem.

I agree.

-pats couch-

You can sit with me and watch the children fight. I have cookies and popcorn.

I agree with you, I do. Thing is, sadly not everyone takes it as an adult discussion. I'm not saying that anyone in this debate isn't, but as Brit said, online you can not hear tones and people take words far too harshly because that's how they come off as.

And, a debate about politics and such are things that should be discussed, same with how this started, rape. But, perhaps I'm seeing it wrong, this isn't a debate or discussion about rape but inconsistencies.

I just really do not feel like seeing people become angry with each others because of differences in opinions

That's all I'm getting at.

dive bombs the couch with Twin and Dream seated upon it

There are certain things I can not discuss.
Rape. Child Abuse. Guns.
I stay out of those topics and ignore them when i see them because I know i can not discuss them rationally. I have tried. I just can not do it.

So, someone pass me the friggin' popcorn.

Wow someone has a lit (yes I purposely used that work) of writing to do ;)

But then someone will have a lot of reading to do ;)

~Gets up and wanders in to say high to this favourite warrior~

~Hugs her, kisses her softly and pinches her butt before disappearing~

Might be too quick for you but still love you Cait but

<cheeky grin>

This almost got lost in the shuffle. *grins*

That was bad, Sir. Horrible even but it made me smile. I'm almost caught up! I have this post to finish for you, the email one to do and the new thread for Tim will have to keep until tomorrow. The rough night last night is catching up to me as is the lack of sleep.

Thank you, for being you. :kiss:

ETA:

Oops. And I have the mansion post to see too yet too.

Frack. Almost caught up isn't even close. =/

Last edited:
I hate being unable to think.
I hate being unable to find words for the things that I need to write about.

I do NOT hate...THAT.

-grins and licks lips-

Oh good.

You can always find words just not always the ones you want.

So write the ones you have that dont make any sense.

Then when they start fitting in to where you want them to go.. us them for that.

Or c'mere and nibble cookies while I tell me bed time stories to your collar bones with my teeth.

-grins and licks lips-

Oh good.

You can always find words just not always the ones you want.

So write the ones you have that dont make any sense.

Then when they start fitting in to where you want them to go.. us them for that.

Or c'mere and nibble cookies while I tell me bed time stories to your collar bones with my teeth.

shudders, blinks and debates moving south for the winter.

*plops down* That sounds like a plan.

I don't feel like being in discussions right now... so *grabs a hand full of popcorn*
-kisses Beautiful cheek-
dive bombs the couch with Twin and Dream seated upon it

So, someone pass me the friggin' popcorn.

Sexy_Popcorn_Pot_by_Little_Red_Pumpkin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back