being shaved is not humilating

There was no Internet, no tumblr, no Pornhub, no nothing like that, and when you managed to get your hands on a dirty magazine the reaction was a much simpler "Holy shit -- pussy!"

Yeah, there's something to be said for those more innocent days. As I say, the glory days of a Guccione bush!

All I can say, is thank god for Tumblr, that I get to relive my youth!

https://the-bush-is-back.tumblr.com
 
Cyrano, I appreciate what you wrote in comment # 91.

Chloe, I’m not sure what you mean by “. . . women’s freedom from having to seek a marriage partner . . .” (comment # 92) my idea had to do with women having a larger financial need to get married as compared to men’s connected with the idea that a woman who exposes too much of her body not being seen to be chaste.

Moonlight and Roses,
 
Coming back to this thread... I have met some people, and all of them were either shaved, or trimmed. To each their own, but I think it's wrong to say that being shaved down there is a humiliating thing.

I am a guy, I don't always shave but I do it every once in a while. Especially if I know I will meet woman. In my experience woman are more likely to go down on you if you are shaved. That said, I am also a very hairy man, so... maybe if I wasn't this hairy I wouldn't have to shave.

I just want to make one thing clear, I don't think having a full bush is bad but I also think that there is nothing wrong with shaving it all away. Live and let live.
 
Just a quick comment, if I may. I was stationed in (Wes) Germany in the mid-1980's. As a guy who enjoyed working out at the pool, I quickly realized Germans seemed not to care about modesty. I noticed many women with hair sticking out of their swimsuits and also that the swimsuits made in Germany (or worn by German women) didn't have a liner in the crotch, so when the suit was wet, if it was white or yellow or some light color, nothing was left to the imagination. Personally, I was not offended or turned-on. I just took it as a different culture (from us Americans). I guess my point is even now, in my mid-50s, pubic hair still seems to be more of an individual thing. Yes, most women trim and some are waxed clean, but it's not a societal thing. By the 90s, most US women were trimming to some extent and still do. Just my observation.
 
I'm also a "to each his/her own" sorta guy. I have a personal preference for a little bit of hair, and do sometimes see the completely shaven look as prepubescent, but it would be completely unfair to project those things on anyone else, who may have a perfectly valid reason for a wholly different taste or outlook.

The one interesting anecdote I can perhaps add (as an American naturist) is that the typical indoor, year-round, social nude events in my city are increasingly a celebration of diversity, body positivity, and freedom. At every event I go to, there are increasing numbers of women with hairy pussies along side cleanly shaven women, men who have never groomed in their lives next to those who are manscaped, folks with cock rings, pierced nipples or labias, tattoos, etc. beside totally unmarked bodies, an entire spectrum of body types, shapes, and sizes, and an increasing number of young, college-aged girls and guys excitedly exploring the world of social nudity for the first time. And there's not a shred of shame or humiliation involved in personal choices regarding body hair or any of these other physical features.

We have a large and very popular nude beach here that is most certainly skewed toward hairlessness, which is very much a nude beach bias. However, the fact that there is such a burgeoning body positivity movement in effect right now definitely has things changing. The older nude beach veterans look upon the increasingly younger and hairier beach goers with amusement and acceptance, rather than with shame or distain, as the beach becomes increasingly flooded with students from the nearby colleges.

It's a fascinating shift of focus to see play out in the nudist circles, and I find it really inspiring that more people are choosing to dismiss old norms and instead feeling more open to express and present themselves however they wish to. I find that attitude more attractive than any dichotomy regarding hair or no hair.
 
I do feel it's largely based on individual opinions as well as the way in which a person was raised. I've known women who feel it is shameful to have hair and to have no hair. Men I have spoken with have expressed different opinions on it too; some don't care either way, some love things shaved and some absolutely hate it completely bald.

I can understand how in a D/s relationship it can be used for both effects, the intimacy of the Dominant shaving the submissive or the submissive having a grooming schedule, or even as a punishment for non-compliance if it is something the submissive doesn't like.

I shave because I spend far too much time in swimwear and do not like displaying my pubic hair to unwillingly eyes. During winter I feel quite happy setting the fur free though.
 
Back
Top