The 'ice storm'

If Skiddles lives in Ontario, may the weight cave the roof of his trailer in.
 
A lot of the ladies on here live in the affected area...hoping they are ok and have power back for cooking Christmas dinner:rose::rose:
 
I got lucky. I was about an hour south of the line so I just got rain. Have a few friends affected though. Sucks having no power in this cold.
 
In the Toronto GTA, our power went out around 3 am Sunday morning. We manually lit our gas fireplace & gas stove.

Everything is encased in 1-2" of ice!

A few false starts around 1 am this morning and by 3 am we were fully restored.

I still have family & friends without power. Warming centres were announced where people could go to stay warm.

We're still under a storm watch.
 
Not too bad here in the Maritimes.....freezing rain and some icy road conditions. Hopefully, GTA will get power back before Christmas Day. If you are in an affected area, PLEASE stayoff the roads unless absolutely necessary. My brother and sister firefighters really don't want to have to be out in it either.

Stay safe all and have a Merry Christmas!
 
Good to hear from you Wenchie... I was concerned

Thanks
If we still didn't have power, I would have loaded family into car & hunkered down at my Mom's.

Hubby & son took almost an hour to de-ice car.

Neighbour has entire family out chipping away at ice on sidewalk. I said fuck it, no one is walking around anyways!

Lotsa snapped branches & fallen trees on roads, etc. Weight of ice is too much!

Son was driving home Saturday night when he saw a blue flash! Transformer exploded in the distance.
 
In the Toronto GTA, our power went out around 3 am Sunday morning. We manually lit our gas fireplace & gas stove.

Everything is encased in 1-2" of ice!

A few false starts around 1 am this morning and by 3 am we were fully restored.

I still have family & friends without power. Warming centres were announced where people could go to stay warm.

We're still under a storm watch.

Glad you had the fireplace. A friend of mine out in the sticks used his to melt snow for water. Downside of a well and electric pump
 
Glad you had the fireplace. A friend of mine out in the sticks used his to melt snow for water. Downside of a well and electric pump

My other neighbour was outside with a hammer, trying to break up the ice. The sidewalk has about 2" of ice.



Now that I have power again, I've also offered to let anyone I know who doesn't to hunker down with us.
 
There was nothing on our news about this. Usually we hear all the bad-weather stuff from America (I suspect it's to make us feel better about all our own crappy droughts, firestorms, floods and cyclones.)
Sounds bad - and so close to Christmas too!
 
Back
Top