ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you move fast, and I understand completely. Its kind of a reflex to suggest systems when no one states one, because I've seen too many online RPs crash and burn without a ruleset. I apologize. But I didn't mean to offend or press, and I'd still be interested if it comes together.
 
Wow, you move fast, and I understand completely. Its kind of a reflex to suggest systems when no one states one, because I've seen too many online RPs crash and burn without a ruleset. I apologize. But I didn't mean to offend or press, and I'd still be interested if it comes together.

No worries :)
Lots of RPs here use rule-sets, lots don't. Different kinds of play is all.
Me, I'm just here for the writing :)
 
No worries :)
Lots of RPs here use rule-sets, lots don't. Different kinds of play is all.
Me, I'm just here for the writing :)

*pounces Vail for a moment before looking at everyone else*

I'm doing some market research for a project for one of my culinary classes.

Would you mind heading over to http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=747020 and posting what you would order to eat off of the menu given?

It would help me out a lot. Thanks!
 
Tron ORP: Beta-Testing the Digital Frontier

With the horrid feeling I may have jumped the gun by putting up an OOC thread without polling interest here first - and if so, my apologies - I'd like to see if anyone's interested in playing in a freeform RP based on th movies Tron and Tron: Legacy.

More info here: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=747253
 
Most people don't poll interest so don't worry in the least. I usually just post and if people join they join and if they don't they don't.
 
Personally, I track this thread and the SRP ideas thread. I don't look at the general threads to see what's new. I don't have time. It's easier for me to read who is looking for player(s).

So while it isn't necessary to post here, I'd say for folks like me it's more helpful.
 
I concur with Haremfaery. I keep up with whats going on through these threads.
So even if you start a recruiting thread, I'd still post something here.
 
So super hero thread. :cattail: Yes please.

I have to agree more or less, a plug here does help get people.
 
Faery, Indigo, Cats, thanks for the advice! Hopefully I'll get a few people in. And best of luck with the superhero thread, Cats!
 
Faery, Indigo, Cats, thanks for the advice! Hopefully I'll get a few people in. And best of luck with the superhero thread, Cats!

I'd really like to play in a superhero ORP. ANyone else? I do prefer to play with girls (which, really, if there's sex, its a requirement given who I am), but if its a group, I'm happy with mixed.

I'm not running supers. I want to join it.
 
Hmm, I'm kinda bored and not in any rp setting right now, Maybe I'll take a looksee.
 
*wanders through*

Been a while...

Dear god, I joined here 10 years ago, time flies....

Heya people ;)
 
Need Players

I need more players for "Lost in Space: OOC (Open)". Need about 3 to 6 more characters.
 
Crossposted in Fetlife as well:

I'm looking for a partner for a long-term RP. I've been RPing on a regular basis for a very long time and have had enough practice to become VERY good at it. I'm looking for an experienced RPer who is literate, doesn't use text speak, respects the English language in all ways including spelling, capitalization and punctuation, and is looking for a RP that isn't just about sex.

Now, let me clarify this before you run off.

Sex can and usually DOES happen in my story arcs. However, sex needs to come at a natural and logical place in the plot in order to progress the story in some fashion...and not be the sole reason for the RP to have started. Example being, fetish RP isn't in my To-Do list. I need character progression, not porno setups akin to "Here's your pizza! And here's your pepperoni!" bow chika bow chika bow wow!

I've RPed in AOL, Yahoo, Talkcity, and various forums including but not limited to Elliquy, RPGchat, Literotica and RPHaven.

I'm not interested in sexual fantasy or fetish RP including but not limited to incest, Vore, Non-Con, furries/anthro/animal-like humanoids, shemale/herm characters, oversized genitals, impregnation fantasies, Scat or Watersports, and unfortunately I'm also not usually interested playing with submissive male characters although occasionally the skill of the player may make me change my mind.

I will play with characters like normal Humans as well as many kinds of extremely human-like characters such as Vampires, Demons, Shapeshifters, magic users, Elves, Lycans who are usually in human form, humanoid Alien species and humanoid androids/cyborgs etc.

The genres I enjoy are including, but not limited to, Post-Apocalyptic, Modern Realistic, Modern Dark Fantasy, Survival-Horror, Cyberpunk, Space Opera, MIlitary, Medieval High Fantasy, Steampunk, Film Noir, Sci-fi/Future-tech, and Super-Spy.

Anyway. Like I was saying, I'm looking for grandiose, epic, action packed, dramatic story lines with experienced gamers that won't mind if the plot isn't 100% porno.

If you're interested, send me a message to my inbox.
 
Lost

Ok, I`ve put a lot of thought into this thread idea. I want to do a RP based on the movie series Lost. Since Lost is a huge thing with a long plot and storyline, I`ll be dividing it into six different parts/threads, like they did for the series. In other words there`ll be six OOC and six IC. One for each season in the Lost series. Once the first Season is done, I`ll put up the second season OOC and IC and so on.

These threads will require a lot of RPing time. If you have seen the Lost series, you will understand what I mean.

If you wish to participat in these threads I recommend you have some knowledge about the series though its not mandatory. The players will be the character from the seies which will be listed in the Lost - Season 1: OOC. I will be the narrator and will contol all the NPC (Unclaimed survivors, monsters of the island, the Other, ect.)
 
Greeting and salutations,

Several on this thread have said they would love to get into a superhero RP, so I thought I would post the advertisement for the game that has been a labor of love for me for the past year and half...

There is a small group of us who are putting together a play-by-post forum website ( http://www.mnm-freedom-city.fleet-connections.org/index.php ) for a Mutants & Masterminds 2e role-playing game that is set in the Freedom City-verse that incorporated some elements from the DCU, the Marvel Universe and others thanks to the aftermath of the Time of Crisis event that restructured and recreated the entire universe. For the game we have set up a wiki that will allow the more in-depth database that can provide new players an easier chance of getting caught up in the universe and be able to jump right into the game ( http://mnm-pbp-fc-liberators.wikispaces.com/ ).

And thus, I am extending this open invitation to anyone who is looking for an online campaign with structure, but flexible and open enough to accept new members.

We are looking for dedicated games masters (whom will also be allowed to run their own unique player characters) whom will become part of the hierarchy of the staff of the site, and there are many here on the Literotica boards who seem to have the kind of qualities that we are looking for in those, that would be perfect for making up the core staff for the Site.

I have been working on getting together a group of games masters who will become the core of the site moderators, and to help establish a leadership hierarchy for the community that I want to build with all this work that I started back in late-2009/early-2010.

I have been working on trying to come up with the rules & guidelines that would not only govern the behavior of both players and the other members in the community... but the behavior of the administrators, global moderators and games masters in an effort to ensure that they will not abuse their power & authority. I know that I have experienced such in the past, and I do not want to have that happening in what I am building here. We want to build a friendly community that provides an atmosphere dedicated to crafting and maintaining an environment that promotes the creativity of the members here on the state, as well as providing an environment that promotes a semi-serious gaming environment that allows for us all to have an enjoyable and relaxing time.


The Mutants & Masterminds 2e: Freedom City Play-by-Post campaign

Mutants & Masterminds 2e: Freedom City Campaign is a PbP game that will be set in a version of the Freedom City-verse that has elements (characters & locations) drawn from other comic book universes to help flesh out the Pulp, Golden, Silver, Bronze and Iron Ages in an effort to establish legacies that players could adopt for their original characters (or even allow them to play a version of their interpretation of their own favorite characters from various comics).

The world is much like the one outside our windows… but with the introduction of meta-humans, super-science and aliens into it that we see in comic books. Players will be helping shape the background by weaving and incorporating the various elements from the comic book companies into the game to create a rich and vibrant collaborative universe. Players will be helping create not only the heroes, but they will also help create the villains we’ll be encountering along with the supporting cast and even those types who exist in the gray areas that are neither hero nor villain.

But, please note that this game is for players who are 18 and up… because language, situations and the like might be brought up in the game if the Characters end up going that way. Thus the reason why we have the ‘Parental Advisory Explicit Content 18+ Only’ warning logo, that has been incorporated into the site title to reinforce this fact. This is also done to help protect against any possible legal or moral complications that could occur, such as accusations of ‘corruption of a minor’ and the like.

The campaign is just getting started, and I have had several people who have volunteered their time and talents in helping me get all of the things set up on the new forums that have been established for the game, and I am asking for players from here to join since I have noticed that there are some real quality players whom are more adult and mature that use this site to come together as a community. And I want to create a community of players that will come together to create something amazing! So much so that I am donating my artistic skills as well as time to create the place for people to play this game.

The Forums are located here ( http://www.mnm-freedom-city.fleet-connections.org/index.php ) and the Wiki for the campaign is located here ( http://mnm-pbp-fc-liberators.wikispaces.com/ ).

0-FC_PbP_Logo.png
 
Last edited:
Someone brought this request up in the SRP forum, but I'd like to see what sort of interest I could garnish here... so here goes.

I'm looking to put together a small group thread that involves none other than Carmen Sandiego. The writing will be witty, sarcastic, serious, romantic, gritty and comedic (not all at once and certainly not in that order, mind you). Basically the thread will follow how the games played out: Carmen steals something and she gets chased down until / if she gets caught... and even then does she get put behind bars or does she somehow manage to woo her way out of trouble?
 
The Post Apocalyptic World

I`ve always loved the idea of a post apocalyptic world. So I wanted to create an ORP based on that that theme. I`m going to use the Falout series video games as a bases for the history, setting, and other ideas.

The character will be vault dwellers from Vault 102 located near Washington D.C. The vault`s computer went crazy and begankilling the vault dwellers (Cutting of the water, gas line, using the vault`s security systems). The character will be the only remaining survivors of the incident.

The character will have to adapt to the harsh wastelands, will be introducted to different factions, and eventually have a main quest to follow with multiple outcomes depending on the character`s decisions.

This RP will take place a year before the events of Fallout 3.

I`m looking for about 4 or more players to take part in this RP.

The beginning of the ORP will start will take place a few days before the incident. This will allow for our characters to get to know one another.

I`ll start the OOC once someone sends me a PM showing interest in this ORP.
If anyone has any questions, just PM me.
 
World War II (International Joint Operation)

Another thread idea I have is based on World War II.

In 1942 the Allies send a Joint Operation Special Forces group, containing soldiers from different Allied countires, to do secret missions behind German lines. The company are charged with going behind enemies lines, gather intelligence, kill specific SS and German general, and eventually to kill Himler and/or Hitler himself.

The PC`s however will encounter problems along the way and nothing goes as planned. Finding themselves cut off from and assistance, the PC`s find themself`s facing more than what they had expected.

NOTES: There will be changes. In WWIi women weren`t allowed to join the military, except as nurses or care-takers. I`m changing this so that females are treated as equals so don`t worry ladies, I`ve got it covered.
 
Looking for players

I would like to start a thread based on the Codex of Alera series written by Jim Butcher. This is a very rich setting where players would have special connections to creatures alled furies.

These furies are of 6 elemental types, those types being earth, water, wind, fire, wood, and metal

Examples
Earth: Abilities to manipulate the ground, extreme strength, control over animals touching the ground (calming guiding stuff like that)

Wind: Flight, Claryouance, Far hearing, Enhanced speed

Fire: Capable of manipulating the emotions in people inducing fear, courage, hope, Explosions duh, Also with extremely powerful fury crafters ice (through the sudden removal of all heat in something)

Water: Healing, Body Manipulations (can look younger and change into other people), Able to sense the emotions of others so powerfully some call water crafting a curse as you can take on the emotions of someone else. Water manipulation, communication to other people through connecting water ways

Metal: Pain Immunity for a short time, Enhanced speed with a metal weapon and power behing it. Capable of sensing metal coming towards them that is from the contenant of alera

Wood: Communicating with plant furies, Camoflage, Enhanced archery abilities,


This world is mostly made up of Humans who where originally from rome but over generations of being lost in this new world they gained the abilities to harness these furies.

Marats, ice men, and Canim are the other species on the world that are known.

Ice men are a gorrila like species that has natural water crafting abilities to communicate to each other. Where they travel it often grows colder for they like the deep snows of a blizzard. People used to think they followed the storms only to later learn they where making them.

Canim are a werewolf like race very tall and caste based system of social structure. They have no word for friend you are either of their clan or an enemy some enemies are special and called blood enemies you trust them to do what you expect they would do if its benefical to both then a uneasy aliance would be formed.

Marats at the age of maturity bond to an animal. A horse, gargant, wolf, or a herbsbane (large bird similar to an osterage or emu but vivous and its beck is hawk like and extremely sharp) They take on physical properties of these animals as the bond grows. One bonded to a gargant would be strong (like an earth crafter), a horse swift and fast and so on. They call the bonded animal their chala. This animal if it dies is not replaced by a new chala but a new creature coudl be found to help them.

I would like to start a thread 100 years or more after the books ended. So none of the characters are aound but the basic world is still there. It would of course mean knowledge of the worlds would help and I would assit any who think this setting could be fun to play in.
 
I am now looking for two females to join me and another male in a Star Wars rp set during the rise of the Empire. The rp will revolve around weather our characters decide to help the Republic or join the Empire. Pm me if you are interested.
 
Last edited:
Hello Everyone! I'm new here so please... be gentle. :heart:

I would very much like to begin a one-on-one SRP with a man who can write detailed posts and has some knowledge of Dungeons & Dragons (Pre-4th Edition). I have a particular story idea in mind which takes place in a high fantasy, D&D-like setting, and would be thrilled if anyone were interested! :)

Here's a very rough draft of my idea:

A powerful mage attempts to summon a demon to be his familiar. The ritual he performs is successful in conjuring and binding a powerful demon to him, but to his surprise the demon arrives in the form of a young, innocent-looking girl. Despite appearances, the demon girl is centuries old and takes an instant liking to her new "partner." She proves to be stubborn, teasing, and mischievous, but her ability to strengthen his spells and easily manipulate and utilize other dimensions makes her a powerful asset to the mage during his adventures. It doesn't take long for their relationship to also become sexual, as both have quite healthy sex drives.

I imagine the mage as being a human, elf, or dark elf, but the exact race is negotiable. I have samples of my writing available to anyone who wants them, and I encourage everyone interested to check out my SRP profile for my likes, dislikes, and limits. Please PM me if you are interested! :)

Hope we have fun! :kiss:

Lottie :rose:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top