Great Covers & Mashups of your Favorite Songs

Last edited:
The Portsmouth Sinfonia was a group of people who gathered together BECAUSE they couldn't play their musical instruments, or not those particular instruments e.g. a violinist would play a trumpet; a trumpeter a cello etc.

Their version of Schubert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz09dH0nW9w

Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Sinfonia

I don't know if you noticed, but this thread is called:

GREAT Covers & Mashups of your Favorite Songs.

I don't think that covers done by musicians that don't know how to play their instruments really fit in this thread...just saying.
 
I don't know if you noticed, but this thread is called:

GREAT Covers & Mashups of your Favorite Songs.

I don't think that covers done by musicians that don't know how to play their instruments really fit in this thread...just saying.

The Portsmouth Sinfonia was GREAT. Years after they ceased to exist they are still legends in the UK. There have even been critical studies on their continuing impact on orchestral music. Their concert in the Royal Albert Hall was sold out.

Their music on YouTube is visited daily.

As for Florence Foster-Jenkins? She filled the Carnegie Hall for a performance and made large amounts of money for US charities. How many other bad singers are remembered decades after their death?

She has been and still is copied around the world. Being 'as bad as Florence Foster-Jenkins' is an accolade even some very competent singers try to gain.
 
Back
Top