complete Inter racial exchange

Easternwindz

Experienced
Joined
Feb 26, 2014
Posts
52
what would it be like if all Indian men was transported to America and all American men were transported to India? And borders of both countries sealed indefinitely. Likewise, all chinese men can be shifted to Africa and all African men to China. All middle eastern men to European countries and all European men to the middle east. And so on until no country is left out... How would the situation turn out to be? For instance, American women whether they like Indian men or not would have no choice but to interact and live with Indian men etc... Can a story be built around this idea?
 
By itself? You could try and someone kinder than me will come along and say of course it can later. Which ultimately is true. We have stories where crime is legal for 12 hours, stories about people with strange powers from radioactive bugs, stories where the dead rise and stories about people who's lives are filmed. So anything can work. Here are the problems with the story as presented.

Why is this happening? That's a huge shift in culture and needs some reason. I've seen stories where all women are slaves with a back story that mostly makes sense. Basically the 2008 recession became a global depression, blah blah blah, hyperinflation, blah blah blah, China called in their debts, blah blah blah. Eventually women started filming porn for money to pay family debts which eventually evolved into women selling their virginity, which eventually gave way to women's virginities being a high priced commodity blah blah blah. It's just back story used for an entire series and is only a little longer than what I've just posted but it sets the stage. The why of your story be glossed over, it however cannot be ignored.

Once it happens then you have to figure out how the cultures will work it out and realistically. . .I don't even begin to know enough about the various cultures to make it realistic. And that's where the meat of your story is ultimately. It's a matter of how do Indian Women react to American men, do they still do betrothals over there? My older brother had a girlfriend but I think she was Pakistani not Indian (I was 8 and she wasn't MY girlfriend) and I think she was but I have no idea if that's common. Are they subserviant? I mean are these women going to be expecting permission to do stuff?

It seems to me that if you don't have a culture expert you're gonna hit some major snags.

Honestly if you want an excuse for interracial and a way to do lots and lots of stories I think if you just want Americans (black and white) just use the military. If you want all races then set up an in universe "Embassy" program that is basically job training military. Something where Japan gets to set up a "base" in America and send a bunch of students for x years to learn about American culture. Then keep replacing Japan with whatever other country.
 
Thanks for youe input. yes, i agree that this maybe a task too big for most writers to pull off given the wide and complex nature of the subject.
 
I think you can simplify it though a lot of ways. One being the bases I suggested. Another being mail order brides. Women come here for "freedom" and maybe men go there for power? I don't know anything about Indian Culture that can't be learned in 60 minutes watching CNN. I've never found them particularly fascinating, I'm okay at Japanese Culture but even there I'm far from anything that could be considered expert or even will read.
 
I kind of like this idea as a future Sci-Fi sort of story.

A new worldwide government is created to stop the widespread terrorism, tribal skirmishes, and stem the vast economic differences between nations. The new government decides that the best way to achieve peace is through forced integration (similar to forced school integration in the 60's and 70's in the US) The method of integration is to move all single men to other countries. In this integration plan, programs are set up by the World Government to forcibly link men and woman from different cultures together.

No new marriage licenses are granted. There is no way to cheat the system or skirt the new law. Unmarried couples living together are split up. Married couples are left to live their lives where they are if they want, but are given a choice to "register" into the system if they wish (it becomes the "new" way to divorce). Many men resist, but when they are caught they are punished, branded and then deported with no way to return... Or possibly sent to a place called Gay Man's Island <-of course a better name is used in the story.

The story could have some sub plots about how the men and women in the differing cultures integrate. Another sub plot could be how some women experiment with finding a new foreign born mate and get their own husband deported in the process.

However, I see the main plot of this story being how a one couple in one of the countries fights against the system to stay together.

Like Sean said... This sort of story would take a ton of research to keep it from becoming ridiculous.
 
I'm curious how we get to a One World Government that requires this kind of enforcement. Not trying to knock the idea, I think if we're not afraid of Sci-Fi perhaps some kind of virus(es) that effect purebreeds more often than not.

Kinda like in real life where blacks are more likely to have Sickle Cell and I believe there is a disease that is common amongst Jews. Granted race is a largely artificial contstruct but still, something like that could possibly work.
 
I always wonder how a world government comes about in Sci-Fi movies as well. In most of these stories it just exists when the story opens.

Mitigation of some kind of world-wide pandemic could work as well, but I think that scenario would have a much lower resistance the forced integration since it would likely be an effort to save the human race. I think this type of story needs something evil for the protagonists to battle with. In my mind a virus is too natural to actually rail against.
 
I always wonder how a world government comes about in Sci-Fi movies as well. In most of these stories it just exists when the story opens.
A fait accompli is the easy way. Otherwise, posit some global disaster, war, etc as the seed. Most WGs (World Govts) will of course be quite fascistic, at least initially, especially if the WG is built by corporate or ex-military interests.

Try this: ISIS hackers crash the global info-econo system. Mega-corp cartels are NOT happy with this, and build a de-facto WG to 1) kill hackers, 2) keep bizness running smoothly, and 3) maximize profits. To meet the third goal, they engineer massive population transfers to 1) balance M:F ratios and 2) produce predictable growth -- gotta have growth for new markets, right?
 
I actually don't find a OWG as particularly difficult to imagine when we are clearly headed that direction already. Even if you want to pretend the Eurozone and the proposed but Amerozone aren't steps in that direction the fact is Hypoxia is spot on. The global corporations aren't likely to stand for any real disruption of business as usual. But rearanging the races on a whim sounds like a fucking big disruption to business as usual and with terribly little to gain. Business people as a whole are not known for taking risks. They are known for sticking with what works.

Hypoxia's plan. . .works well enough I suppose. I doubt too many readers would question it until you got into serious world building and then the questions would be things like why they didn't encourage people to move around on their own transplanting familes and people. Basically the same way things still happen in the US. Move here, get tax breaks, free land, preferential treatment for business, yada yada.
 
Personally I think the idea of a one world government impossible at best, there have been many close tries in history with empires spanning from Europe to Asia and parts of Africa. Imagine trying to tell each of the united states that they had to abolish their state flags and government to make a better nation, then multiple it greatly. Even The UN is at best a diplomatic organization with no real power. Maybe if Russia, the United States, and China where to form a single military power which will never happen.

As humans we or programed to separate or selves into groups. Some people will get violently hostile over a sports team even though they have no real reason to have any loyalty to said team. It doesn’t even have to be their home team. Just a team they like.

I think there would have to be a cataclysmic event to lead a single world government but this also could lead to the breakdown of all government which is the other end of the sci fi spectrum. Tough this breakdown would only be short term unlike in most sci-fi. It only took about a good hundred years for America to expand from one cost to the other.

But that is just my opinion.
 
The United States having 50 flags hasn't stopped us from being one nation. In general power consolidates. That's just it's nature.
 
Whether Terra IRL can support an OWG can be debated politically, SF'ly, philosophically, or whatever. For fiction, it's no problem -- just Make It So.

As for bizness combines altering societies -- it's already happened, such as when major USA makers of cars, trucks, tires etc dismantled the rail-based transit system. The corporations involved were even convicted of conspiracy -- and were fined one thin dollar. But those bizzes didn't just ride the status quo. They rebuilt USA society to suit their bottom lines. It's not a great extrapolation to posit a mega-cartel deciding that the M:F birth ratio in China is not sustainable, and to relocate zillions of Chinese males to lands with more women. Et cetera.
 
I think you're wrong there Hypoxia.

First your issue with fiction and just make it so doesn't really work. There's a saying: Real life can be random, but fiction has to make sense. I dont' think you need to go into too much detail as to how it all works out but there needs to be a reason.

Yes, corporations can and have reshaped reality to fit their whims. That part makes a lot of sense, I'm just having a hard time buying the forced deportation of millions of Chinese to America (and American males to China to take their place, and important part of the Original Idea) since there are better ways. But that's a good idea.
 
So we seem to have some agreement that the NWG is fascist. How it came to be isn't germane to the story, except that there was some sort of pandemic or social upheaval that was extremely disruptive. This disruptive event only needs to be referred to once in the story, such as 'ever since the second world terrorists war'. It does not need to be fully described as the grimness of the fascist government sets the tone that something bad happened to bring the NWG about.

Also, I can't dispute the fact that any NWG could try to enforce ridiculous integration strategies in an effort to try and end centuries old skirmishes between the earth's peoples. In my previous post I cited a perfect example of this sort of thing happening when the U.S. Federal Government adopted a policy of forced student bussing that was used in doomed attempt to integrate the population and end racism.

Back to the actual story idea... This idea has some merit, but it needs to be all about the story, and not really about the sex. If it ends up being all about the sex it will probably come off as a ridiculous excuse for a interracial fuck fest.
 
One way to make this kind of story would be to have a bit of a sci-fi aspect. Humans are being sent to interstellar colonies, stored in cryosleep. When they arrive on the planet, they discover that due to a computer mix-up, only, for example, Asian men and black women were sent on their ship, instead of the mix of races expected.
 
One way to make this kind of story would be to have a bit of a sci-fi aspect. Humans are being sent to interstellar colonies, stored in cryosleep. When they arrive on the planet, they discover that due to a computer mix-up, only, for example, Asian men and black women were sent on their ship, instead of the mix of races expected.
Computer mix-up? There are no computer errors, only programmer / operator errors and misdeeds. No, some nefarious dog carefully hacked the interstellar colonization program to send specific gender+race mixes to the planets. Maybe there are two or more nefarious dogs playing control games, populating the galaxy according to their racial agendae -- some master-race guys trying to build racially-pure (ie inbred) worlds, while others want to experiment with bi-racial / mixed worlds, thus dynamics like you suggested above: one world with Korean men and Tutsi women, one with Zulu men and Pushtu women, one with Mayan men and Basque women, etc. (Black-white-Asian-etc categorization is much too crude.)
 
Computer mix-up? There are no computer errors, only programmer / operator errors and misdeeds. No, some nefarious dog carefully hacked the interstellar colonization program to send specific gender+race mixes to the planets. Maybe there are two or more nefarious dogs playing control games, populating the galaxy according to their racial agendae -- some master-race guys trying to build racially-pure (ie inbred) worlds, while others want to experiment with bi-racial / mixed worlds, thus dynamics like you suggested above: one world with Korean men and Tutsi women, one with Zulu men and Pushtu women, one with Mayan men and Basque women, etc. (Black-white-Asian-etc categorization is much too crude.)

I like the way you think... That's a much better idea. I especially like the idea of a bunch of white supremacists landing and realizing that the other sex is entirely another race, and their only choices are hardcore homosexuality or miscegenation.
 
Back
Top