Tigrans' Revenge IC

Deson

To their credit the Tigrans did not carry Deson into a tent, they had taken him to a single tree and propped him up against the trunk in the shade. His chainmail stripped from him and the numerous cuts cleaned after he had been cleaned up. His armor and shield was placed next to him and two of the female Tigrans volunteered to stand guard over him as he lay there in an almost comatose state. The two was discussing among themselves whether to wake him and the advantages of his muscular yet bulky form when Tawny found them. She looked disappointed that Deson seemed to be still out of it, but as the two guards fell silent, Deson opened his eyes and looked up at the three females, a slight grin played over his lips. The two guards knew that he had heard them as they did not talk to each other in Tigran, Tawny of course was oblivious to this, she rushed forward and explained to Deson the extend of Isis' wounds. Deson chewed his lower lip and got to his feet,

"Take me to her."

Tawny did so immediately, Deson left his armor, chainmail and shield with the two guards. Dressed in only his leather leggings and boots he strode into the medical tent, he looked Isis over and shook his head,

"If I tried to heal her the pain is most likely to kill her."

He chewed on his lip,

"There is one way...it will save her life, but not heal her completely..."

He took a deep breath, like a man about to do something he wish not to,

"Leave her side."

His order was so strange that nobody seemed to want to listen, but then they slowly stepped away. He took her left hand, his other hand he rested on the stinger,

"No matter what happens, do not touch either one of us until the light fades. If you do it can kill us both."

He closed his eyes and his head lowered to his chest, a few words fell from his lips, then a cyan light flared from his hands. It moved over Isis, it reached the sting and Deson yanked it out, a spurt of blood followed but stopped as the light flowed further. It covered Isis' body, glowed brightly, expanded and started to flow back into Deson's hands. His body went rigid and the muscles of his jaw tightened as he grit his teeth in obvious pain...then the wounds started to appear.

Deson was using empath healing, taking Isis' wounds onto himself. To his credit he did not utter a sound as his own bones broke, he did not sway or lose his footing, he stayed at his post. Then as the last of the light faded into his hands, he gasped for breath, coughed up blood and staggered backwards. Isis lay on the cot, her breathing easy, the wounds closed, her broken bones healed. Deson turned and managed to stumble to a bed, coughing up blood,

"Perhaps some wine..."

He lowered himself on to a camp chair as a coughing fit overtook him
 
Deal Accepted

When Aziza heard that the offer had been turned down she was very surprised. She had offered him more than he had originally requested, and still he said no! Sanura was more upset … than shocked. She did not know very much about the value of items, growing up in the monastery, so she was more upset about the draconian not yet agreeing to help them.

When Jonz suggested that the girls sleep with him … Aziza could not believe it. He sounded like a typical evil dragon … manipulating the situation to his advantage. But then there was laugher … and she knew he had only been joking.

Sanura on the other hand knew that for some men … a night with a woman was highly valued. It was a skill she had … and in this case she was not offended by the request, she was glad he had made it. She sensed a bond or kinship with Jonz … and sleeping with him would make the connection stronger. Her eyes lit up at his demand … and there was a twinkle of interest in her eyes. Jonz may not have seen that … but draconians could see in the infrared … and her body temperature went up, and there was a subtle change in her scent, noticeable to a draconian but not another tigran. When he started to laugh … Sanura was a little bit disappointed. She was also a little relieved … she had no idea how draconians made love. It might involve breathing fire on each other … who knew?

"The gem instead of the ring and you do not endanger yourself for my sake. That is my counter deal." Jonz countered.

Sanura looked to her half-sister “Aziza … I think we should agree. Give him the gem” She stated her opinion … almost begging her to give up the gem.

Aziza sighed and spoke to both of them “The gem is a family item … I must get it back. It has certain properties … That only someone from my family can employ” Aziza explained. She looked to her half-sister and saw how important it was to get this draconian to help them.

“I cannot stress how important this gem is to me and my family.” She said as she slipped off the necklace and handed it to him. She placed the ring in her pocket. There was some confusion on his face. “The gem is easy to lose … the necklace is the easiest way to carry it.” she said.

Jonz nodded.

“Do we have a deal” She asked sticking out her paw.

He grinned “I believe we do” he said as he shook her paw.

Sanura explained the queen’s mission … to booby trap the city of bones, set up noise makers and hopefully draw the demons to the graveyard and their doom.

After the traps were set up they were to head over to the “three sisters’ magic school” and see if it had been captured … and if there were any mages left that could help with the resistance. The three sisters magic school was named after the three hills that rose above the irrigated plain. Baban Tylos, was the chief Mage, a Panther Tigran. The place was guarded by stone golems … Sanura finished explaining.

It was pretty late by the time all the questions had been answered so the three of them found places within the crypt to settle down for the night. The candles were blown out … and the crypt door was closed.
 
Skadu and Mirri

Skadu had been pleased with the way the attack on the demons had gone. He could not have wished for a better outcome after killing off the commander and beginning to take out the reinforcements. They had bunched up and after never receiving orders had died in there droves. Then the unthinkable had happened. The main force had split in two and half of them had come changing back into their arrow storm. Again he could not believe his luck. Not only did they have to climb the rock pile again, although they were swift at doing that, they then had the bodies of the fallen to contend with.

It had been another massacre. In fact they were running out of arrows before they finally killed the last demon and the bug it was riding. Skadu ordered everyone over the pile and they charged but arrived only in time to help mop up the remnants of the other half of the army. Still he had lost less than ten Tigrans and of them only two were killed. Five had serious wounds while three would be on their feet within days with minor treatment. A decent days work.

He reported in to Commander Mirri telling her of Commander Hatur's plan and reasoning and let her question the runner who had been sent ahead with the 200 Tigrans. When Hatur arrived later that night with his troops telling of the slaughter of 2000 more demons for the loss of approx 50 or 70 Tigrans (some were still wounded and might survive) another cheer went up. Mirri let them have it for now. She knew the troops and the civilians needed it. They had done very well and had defeated a trained force 5x their size.

Now they needed to get into hiding quickly. Once the demons found out about this they would send out a bigger force. They had better be somewhere they could either defend well or hide in by then.
 
Queen Shella

Morning arrived at the Tigran rebel camp. The sun’s light just scraped over the tops of the jungle forest, showing the world there was a jungle … but none of the detail … none of the darkness below the top leaves. Queen Shella was awake … the sky brightened but the air was still cool as she stood at the ridge line looking down below. She had a cup of Royas, a special elf drink … hot and bitter … but it was good for clearing the mind … and waking the body.

Commander Hatur walked over to join her. His eyes fell on the cup she was sipping “Royas … if only we could afford enough for the whole army!” He joked. “We’d move at twice our normal speed!”

The queen laughed “It is expensive … but after yesterday I thought … there is really no reason not to use it up!” Then her face grew serious “I nearly destroyed our race …” She said sadly. “I’m not like Leo … he was a great fighter … A great leader … a great king. I almost lead us into a total catastrophe” She stated.

Commander Hatur wrapped his one arm around her. “Queen Shella … King Goldenmane had many good qualities, but even he, during the Orc wars, was not able to defeat a force 5 time large than his. We all advised you on the path we followed. It was sound advice based upon the information we had at the time. That is a problem of war … sometimes the leader needs to make a decision with very little information. You made a decision and adapted when additional information was provided. You did great!” He said in a comforting tone.

“What do you think about Talon Leader Mirri advice … that we continue on to the mining town of Makla? You were quiet at the war council meeting on the subject” She asked him.

Commander Hatur smiled. “You are perceptive … I did not agree. I think the shadow demons threw everything they had at us. I think they are weak and disorganized … I think we should march on Ardalis … our forces out the gates will in flame the populous … and with a few hours the demons will be destroyed.” He stated with confidence.

“That simple … and the city is ours again?” The Queen asked, questioning him.

“It could happen” The commander said.

“What if you are wrong?” She asked.

“We’ll have made the demon’s job easier … and we’ll be completely wiped out.” He said … his confidence slipping.

“We are getting reports from within the city. Scar is organizing the resistance … and a few more days will allow him to be more effective.” The Queen added, “I cannot risk our total force on your guess … I plan to follow Talon Leader’s Mirri advice” The queen said making up her mind.

He nodded and smiled “You … sound more and more like a great leader to me!”

Queen Shella looked into his eyes “How is the human knight?” She asked.

“After the healing he requested wine … we gave him several glasses … but after a single glass he went to sleep. He is an odd one … I heard what he did in the battle. Amazing! He saved us all. But the demon seemed to want us to turn on him. They seem to hate humans” The commander said.

“The demons … play one force against the other … if it had been a centaur with us … that would have been suggested to give up. The demons are the enemy … and tell all the troops not to fall for their silly mind games. The demons have no honor!” Queen Shella replied. “That is why I offered to face the demon commander alone ... in single combat ... the winner takes all. The demon commander would not face me … they want to wipe us out.” Queen Shella concluded.

The commander nodded in agreement.

“Let the wounded recuperate … that includes the human knight … but everyone else needs to salvage weapons and recover arrows. Then get everyone to be ready to move out by late afternoon. Traveling at night will help hide our direction.” The queen ordered. The commander saluted and went to carry out her orders.
 
Deson

The first glass of wine, dulled the edges of the pain and allowed him to slip away into the tender, dark embrace of unconsciousness. The sleep was a dreamless one, as he lay small amounts of cyan light flared just under his skin, every so often he would moan softly in pain. Being proud, he did not dare for them to see the pain he was in when he had control of himself, but now his body reacted to the stimuli and reaction to pain was the same as anybody else's.

It was a few hours later that Deson woke with a start, grunting in surprise as the cyan light flared over his chest, he gritted his teeth as ribs started to re-knit and internal injuries started to heal. He rolled onto his better side and started to cough tremendously, a healer rushed over with a bucket and he spat up blood, then he threw up. All of it was blood, he stared bleakly at the contents of the bucket and shook his head,

"Remind me to never do that again after a battle."

He sat up, gripping the edge of the bed to make certain not to fall over, arches of cyan flared throughout his body as he looked over the wounded,

"Please lie down, you're still weak."

He shook his head,

"I'll be fine."

He got up from the bed, a bit wobbly on his feet as he staggered over to a Tigran who was on the verge of losing his mauled hand,

"wait..."

The words was soft, the healers turned to him with shock on their faces, he took hold of the warrior's wrist, it was the same old warrior who had had taken him from the line when he was knocked unconscious,

"I am sorry for this."

Blue light flared brightly from Deson's hands, even through the heavy sedation the old Tigran writhed in pain, the healers grabbed hold of him as before their eyes his hand started to set itself, broken bones knitted together as the flesh and skin started to close over it.

With a gasp Deson let go and staggered back, he had overtaxed himself, but it was worth it. He had returned a debt, his honor had demanded it and he had honored that debt. He ignored the looks from the Tigran healers and staggered back to his cot, falling down on it to sleep.
 
The boneyard

The next morning when Aziza and Sanura woke up … Jonz was gone. It surprised the two of them … but they noticed when they traveled with the claws, the tigran had also been earlier risers. So they figure that was just how all military people were. The two prepare a simple breakfast of cheese and bread and got ready for the day. Still Jonz did not appear. Aziza started to get worried.

“What if he does not come back? That gem is worth a fortune and very important to our family … I will never forgive myself for losing it!” Aziza said to Sanura.

Sanura was not worried at all. “Jonz is as noble and trustworthy as a royal. You can see it in his bearing and his actions. His father must have been a very majestic Dragon.” Sanura mused.

“Sanura … that is not how draconians are breed!” Aziza corrected her.

“Nevertheless … his dragon and human stock are trustworthy. He’ll be back. You can count on it.” Sanura said with full confidence.

The two headed outside … and had not gotten far when Jonz reappeared.

“I have scouted out several excellent trap and ambush locations. Please follow me.” Jonz said. Aziza and Sanura followed him to a narrow pathway between the large stone crypts.

“At this location … as shadow demons … travel up this way and as they turn this corner … they will be met with an ambush of arrows or fire traps.” Jonz explained.

Aziza remembered what Commander Hatur had told her about booby traps. It was best to exploit the natural behaviors of the enemy. “What would cause the demons to come up here and turn around this corner?” Aziza asked.

Jonz smiled “They will be chasing one of us ...of course … in their haste to catch that person … they will fall into the trap.” He explained.

Aziza had not thought about using themselves as the bait. It would work … no question about that … it was a great idea, unless the demon caught the person before they reached the trap.

“I had not thought of using us as the bait!” Aziza said.

Jonz nodded with a smile “It is the best way. If we can get three large groups to follow the three of us … along three separate paths … it will ensure all the firing mechanisms trigger for maximum effect.” Jonz explained. “We can engineer trap doors … pits and cover areas … so when the fireball traps go off, we’ll be safe … there will be a large amount of death and destruction .... for those not safe”

Sanura loved the idea. “Jonz … this is a brilliant idea! Please show us the other paths you have picked out”

Aziza thought it was a great idea too but added “I hope all of us can run ... really fast!”
 
In the cart

Gilly is not happy about being inside the dead bug, but she knows that Scar and Jola are both too big to fit inside. As Scar and Jola get inside the cart Gilly notices some bugs approaching. “Hurry up and be quite, we have bugs heading our way!” she whispers to them. After they stop moving around, Gilly pulls the cart away from the house, it is very heavy with both of them inside so they are slow moving. One of the bugs approaches her and points to some dead bodies lying up the street. Gilly realizes that he wants her to pick them up and get them off the street. Gilly heads up there and giggles to herself at the thought of Scar and Jola having to deal with some dead bodies in the cart with them. As Gilly approaches the bodies, the other bug picks them up and tosses them into the cart. As they land on top of Scar and Jola Gilly hopes they don’t make any noise. Nothing happens and the other bug moves on. Gilly notices other carts with body parts and decides to follow them since they seem to be heading in the direction of the portal. Gilly notices a very bumpy part of the road up ahead that the other bugs seem to be going around, but she decides to pull her cart right over it and making it a very bumpy ride for Scar and Jola. Serves them right for making her but on this disgusting bug skin!
 
I spy something big and hard!

Jola and Scar were crammed in the small cart. Jola large breasts were pressed against Scar’s face as her snake body lay coiled around the cart. Jola squirmed under the canvas cover … trying to move her big breasts from Scar face, as both of them found this arrangement ... awkward. It did not help and only caused Scar to whisper

“Stop 'at … ye ur gonnae smother me wi' yer milk bags!” he whispered

“I’m trying to get us to fit better” Jola whispered back to Scar as she again tried to move around … but it was no use. There was just no room. Then she felt Scar crotch start to grow and it was growing into something big.

“Hey … stop that … there is not enough room” she whispered back to Scar

“Believe me … Ah woods if Ah coods … Ah hae nae interest in daein' anythin' wi' ye!” Scar growled back.

Jola smiled under the canvas and whispered back “Your cock disagrees … he seems to have some interest!”

Scar growled in frustration and then decided to get back at Jola … licking the outside of her black vest right at her nipple. Jola nipple grew harder pushed at the material.

“Ahh … seems ye nipple likes me tay!” He whispered to her.

“Stop that” Jola gasped. Scar licked the vest again “this can’t get any worse!” Jola whispered to herself!

Then both of them heard Gilly whispered “… be quiet, we have bugs heading our way!”

Both of them remained absolutely still. Suddenly a heavy object was tossed on them. “Thud” and then another “thud” and then another “thud” it took everything Jola had not to let out a small gasp … each time the objects were thrown on top of her and Scar. Both of them had lost any sexual excitement they once had after the object hit them.

Then the cart started to move again. Jola and Scar could smell death on top of them. The objects were dead bodies. The canvas got wet … soaked with blood.

“SHIT” Jola whispered to Scar …

Scar whispered “Halt yer mouth ... snake … Ah hink thes micht be a blessin' in disguise.”

Scar it turns out was right. Gilly entered the imperial garrison castle riding right through the main gate … and past the guard shack. The other carts headed for the courtyard and the portal … but Gilly cleverly pulled the cart over to a dark alcove and got off the cart, and pulled the alcove door closed. Her bug suit … opening awkwardly as she pulled the door closed. But none of the other demons were looking in her direction … so she got away with it. With the door closed she got out of the demon exoskeleton, throwing it on the ground. She walked over to the cart. “You guys can get out … but be quiet”

Jola slithered out of the back of the cart and Scar came out of the top.

Both of them straightened their clothing. Jola pushed back her flowing red-brown hair; her deep brown eyes looked at the others, as they looked at her …relief on all their faces.

Jola spoke first “Let’s not do that again …” She said firmly.

Scar and Gilly both shook their heads in agreement “Agreed!”

Jola turned to Gilly “Good job on getting us inside!”

Gilly bow slightly “You are most welcome … tips are accepted.” She said with a grin.

Jola slithered closer to Gilly, and reached out to the top of her head “There is a piece of bug guts in your hair” Jola observed and pulled it out and showed it to Gilly.

“YUCK” Gilly commented as she felt her head for more bug guts

Jola moved to the alcove door and peeked between the gaps in the wooden planks. She could see the courtyard of the castle. There were large sandstone bricks, scattered all over the place, which used to be the floor tiles of the courtyard. She could see the portal. It was over 100 feet in diameter. Beams of light came from the center of the portal … violet, red, blue, and purple in color. The portal or pit was black as the darkest night; the edges of the portal were small orange flames, boiling mud and smoke.

Out of the pit came a long column of shadow demons.

“There are reinforcements coming out of the portal.” Jola commented.

Scar’s voice just behind her answered her “Ah can see 'at.” He had snuck up behind her while she had been looking through the cracks in the planks. Jolla’s eyes looked over to the where the bodies were being taken. There were two massive harvest bugs in the back of the courtyard … the bodies dumped in front of them. The creatures consumed the bodies with their power mandibles. Jola could hear the crunching of the tigran bones.

“They are feeding the bodies to the harvester bugs” She commented. But she saw no demon larva being born. Apparently, the bodies had been dead too long. The other thing she noticed … were two piles of dirt near the corners of the courtyard.

Jola turned to Scar. “I have seen enough … how about you”

Scar nodded “Aye”

Jola glanced at Gilly “Plans on getting out of here?”

While the others had been busy looking at the courtyard, Gilly had picked the simple lock on the back door leading away from the alcove. “I suggest we head this way” Gilly said. The other two headed for the back door. Scar pulling out his daggers … Jola her sword … her staff in the other hand.

Scar looked at Gilly and Jola. “Remember ... silent kills … we make uir way up tae th' curtain wall… slip ower an' heed tae th' transportation area”

Jola and Gilly nodded in agreement.
 
Last edited:
Jonz grunted,

"You will have to be able to run very fast, I can fly."

At their looks he just had to chuckle,

"Got you going there for a while. Come along."

He led the two girls to the routes he had found and which would make for excellent ambush grounds,

"Now the problem is scouts, if they send out scouts we will only be able to catch them in the traps, so there will have to be some fighting, if we can kill their scouts and taunt them enough to let them attack...well then we will have the perfect reason to run away and that is what we want. Them running after us in pursuit and not caution."
 
traps

The three of them worked the rest of the day organizing various traps and ambush routes. Everything they could find or jury-rig was used. This included the doors into a crypt which when pulled would trigger fire trap scroll explosions near the door … or on the larger crypts a group of bugs would be inside the door would lock after a trip wire was broken … and then the trap fire trap scrolls would go off in the confined space. Aziza had even raided a few of the tombs for bones. These were fashioned into spikes and placed at the bottom of the concealed pits. She had tried to find mount or pet bones (i.e. Non-tigran bones) as the use of tigran bones was a major cultural breach. After the morning tasks … each went off to set up some individual traps.

The scouting problem Jonz had brought up was on Sanura’s mind. During the morning efforts Sanura asked Jonz “who typically scouts for the shadow demons?” Jonz had told her it varied but commonly it was a stag mount … or the flying stinger.

Late in the day, Sanura came up to Aziza and Jonz … and asked them to follow her. She reached the area she had been working in, and turned to both of them.

"Ok … let’s say a stinger … is chasing someone … all they need to do is run through this area of the boneyard.” She pointed to the area in front of them where she had been working.

Aziza looked at the area she was pointing to. “What? I don’t get it?” Aziza asked not understanding.

Sanura smiled “look closer”

Aziza looked harder … still not seeing it … then Aziza saw some thin strong wire had been strung across the various high points in the area. There were random and very hard to see and all over the place.

“So as they follow … unless they are at ground level … these wires will rip their wings off! Nice going Sanura” Her half-sister congratulated her. It was simple but effective. “I set up a similar trap for the stag mounts. They will be riding along … and unless they duck ... the low wires in those alley ways over there” She pointed again “will knock them off their mount.” Sanura explained.

“It will still require the main group seeing one of us … to make them rush forward … but this area will help a lot” Jonz agreed.

“I have been busy too …” Aziza stated “remember those 4 fire pit/ cook out areas … If the bugs make their camp there … and light a fire … watch out!” Aziza laughed. “The places are wired to go sky high!”

Night was starting to fall … and in the twilight Sanura asked Jonz “So what trap did you set?”
 
Cats hate getting in the water ... Tigers love it!

The remains of the queen’s army and the free tigran civilians had done as ordered. They had collected many of the high quality weapons and recover huge amounts of arrows from the battle field. Then in the late afternoon … the force moved out. The wounded that could not walk were carried in the backs of wagons, this included Isis and Deson. Soon the sun had set and the force moved through the night.

The journey to the river’s edge took longer than one would think. This was because the tigran continued to lay false trails and the force had actually head back into the swamp when they first left the camp. They went over the back side of the mountain and then on to the river. At the river’s edge preparations were made for the crossing.

The water moved quicker at this place where the banks of the river narrowed. The water was too deep to walk across, it would require everyone to swim … or “pull” themselves across. The “pulling” was accomplished as ropes were strung across the river, so people could pull themselves across while in the river. For larger items like the wagons, horses, and the wounded, logs were roped together to form crude rafts. Tigrans standing on the rafts … would help pull the rafts to the other side. There were two tigrans with long poles on the raft in case the rope broke or something else went wrong.

Isis had awoken but was still weak. She watched as the river’s water lapped over the logs of the raft in the strong current.

"Shall I help” she asked weakly to one of the pullers.

“No, we have it Captain Isis. Just rest” He instructed.

Tawny was on the raft too and was helping with the pulling. Isis looked at the beautiful young tigran. Tawny was the only one left … Inara and Jade had been killed. She had not been able to protect them. She looked down at her leg where it had been stabbed by the stinger. It had not fully healed. She would always walk with a slight limp. But she was alive … she looked at the human knight that had saved her. When he awoke, she would need to repay the debt she owned him. How? She was not sure.

Isis could see the water become choppier … “There must be hidden rocks right there” she thought.

Sure enough the raft bumped up against the rocks … and Isis felt the log she was sitting on slip out from under her. “SHIT” she gasped … as suddenly she fell through the gap in the raft … and the water sucked her and the sleeping knight into the river … the cold dark water flowed over her head and then pain as she rammed into something … probably a rock … no it was the knight …the current had pushed him against her … she grabbed him by the arm. Gasping for breath, she struggled in her weak state. She could only hear some yelling from the surface … but with the rushing waters in her ears … she had no idea what the voices were saying. She tried to push her head towards … where she thought the surface on the river was. Her head broke free of the water and she pulled the knight up and out of the water as well … checking to see if he was awake … Isis heard more yelling more clearly now … and ropes were begin thrown at them … “Grab the rope!!” Tawny was yelling. But Isis needed to see if the Knight was ok first!
 
Last edited:
To the wall....

As Gilly slowly opened the door and looked out all was clear for now. She could hear the bugs all over the place with their clicking. She moved out but stayed close to the wall, Jola and Scar followed suit. There were no bugs from here to the curtain, but they knew as soon as they left the side of the building they would be spotted. There was no way to get there without being seen. They could make it half way by using the trees and bushes as cover, but after that it was completely open. If they could make it over the wall safely all should be okay after that, or so they hoped. Gilly, being the smallest so least likely to be noticed, made a fast dash for the big maple tree in front of her. The trunk was large enough to hide each of them, but not all three of them at the same time so Gilly looked around and seeing that all was still okay, she dashed over to a small bush off to the right of the tree. It was a huge rhododendron bush that was in full bloom with lilac colored flowers. Luckily there was another one not too far away that had red flowers and then about another five feet was a tree and then another bush close to that with white flowers. That meant they would have to zigzag across the yard in order to stay under cover. Gilly got to the first bush and noticed that Jola had moved to the tree but it barely hid her so Gilly quickly went to the next bush so Jola could move to this one. As soon as Gilly moved so did Jola and Scar. Jola went to the bush and Scar made it to the tree, it covered him a bit better than it did Jola, but he didn’t have a snake body to hide. Jola was covered by the bush much better. Gilly moved to the other tree and as she did Jola and Scar followed suit. Just as Gilly was going to head to the last bush, she noticed a patrol heading their way. It was only a small patrol of six bugs, but if they noticed them they would sound the alarm and have the whole place after them. Gilly motioned to Jola and Scar who both saw the patrol and moved into the bushes a bit more to have better coverage. The patrol was going to pass right by the bush where Scar was hiding. Gilly held her breath as the patrol walked right past Scar, the aroma of the flowers masked his scent, that is if the bugs could even smell, Gilly was not sure if they could notice smells or not. As soon as the patrol passed by Gilly let out her breath that she didn’t even notice she had been holding. She quickly moved to the last bush, which was also the biggest so they could all gather there before making it to the wall. As Scar and Jola joined her she pointed out that they would have to move quickly and hope there was something on the other side of the wall for them to make a quick get away because it was almost inevitable that they would be seen. They decided to go single file but all at once so they weren’t possibly leaving anyone behind to get caught. Gilly took a deep breath and started out running, keeping low. Next came Jola, she quickly slithered across the yard keeping her body low to the ground. Scar brought up the rear but try as he may he couldn’t get very low to the ground. Gilly made it to the wall; Jola was only a few feet away when they heard the sound of loud clicks. Gilly looked around and saw that Scar had been spotted.

“Hurry, they are coming!” shouted Gilly to Scar and Jola.

Gilly was quickly pulling herself to the top of the wall and when she looked on the other side she spotted a cart with a couple of big draft horses not far from where they would drop. Jola had made it to the wall and Scar was almost there also.

“Hurry, there is a cart on the other side with horses!” Gilly exclaimed.

As soon as Scar was at the wall Gilly jumped down and ran to the cart and got in the driver’s seat. Jola and Scar got into the back of the cart just as Gilly slapped the reins.

“Hold on tight, this is gonna get a bit hairy!” Gilly yelled back to Scar and Jola.
 
Last edited:
Jonz

He grinned at the two girls,

"Traps? I set up a trap."

He led them to a point in the boneyard which would serve as the perfect retreating position for those able to escape their traps,

"You see how they will all be able to collect in that almost indention? I found that it used to be a natural clearing long ago, the builders and gravetenders respected it as such and kept it clear. Now those who withdraw from your traps will come here, now look carefully, do you see that it is all slick without being shiny? It's a rare sap from the Hoku tree, trees which grow very generously around here. That sap is highly flammable, not only is it flammable, it adheres to anything it touches while burning. One fireball into the ranks and the trap is sprung."

He gave the two a wicked grin.


Deson

Deson was asleep when the cold water closed over his head, since he was only dressed in a linen shirt and leather pants, he was able to fight his way to the surface, only to find that a Tigran was holding him by the scruff on his neck, he blew the water out of his mouth and grabbed hold of a rope, at the same time grabbing hold of the tigran which held him. Only then did he realize it was the one he had saved from a certain death, he laughed and almost swallowed a mouth-full of water,

"By The One! You're one fiery kitty aren't you?"

He shook the water from his face,

"Grab hold of the other rope, I'll be OK."

As she did so he started to pull himself back to the raft, the Tigrans helped of course, but the rest had done much to heal him. He was in no form to fight yet, the wounds was still weakening him. At last he was drawn onto the part of the raft that was still left, he pushed his wet hair out of his face and looked around him,

"I know cats do not like getting wet, but I am not THAT fond of a swim."
 
Mirri/Skadu

Skadu
Skadu had been the first across with his team of scouts and they quickly attached ropes for the others before they disappeared into the jungle on the other side. They took up positions to watch for any attacking enemy and Skadu was proud of them. The forest creatures hardly paused in their movements as they passed by and even he was starting to have trouble tracking them. He knew their own people would no longer be able to and no demon would ever see them. He would be proud to call them Hunters and once they were safe he would offer them all the feather of acceptance into the Hunter tradition. He would see if they took it as an honor or scorned it. Either way it was done for himself. He had trined them to the best of his ability and they had learned well. Now they could train others and he could go back to his jungle and kill demons on his own. He would truly become his name. The 'Killing Shadow'.

Mirri
Mirri had still been on the bank when she had seen the raft break apart midstream. She didn't know who was on it but she was worried that the whole thing would break apart and send everyone into the raging waters. Luckily only a few logs fell off and it looked like only two Tigrans had fallen in and they were soon rescued. The raft soon was moving again and the ones behind steered clear of that area, now wary of it.
The crossing was going well, if slowly. Nearly all able bodied Tigans were across minus a rearguard, and three quarters of their transports and wounded had made it across on the rafts. She estimated in another hour or two everyone would be across and hidden once again in the forest on the other side. They were planning to stop for a meal then and to rest then push on as far as they could. Hopefully they would reach their destination before any more attacks came.
 
Last edited:
Gilly, Jolla, and Scar .... become a team

“Hold on tight, this is gonna get a bit hairy!” Gilly yelled back to Scar and Jola. The transportation cart lurched forward as Gilly skillfully brought the cart up to speed and drove it down a narrow alley …

Scar pulled two bags of power out of his belt … and tossed them high into the night air. The powder inside floated in a large cloud behind the cart …

Jola looked at Scar … who now had a big toothy grin … that was broad and filled with satisfaction.

“Poison dust bomb … lassie” He whispered to the Naga. Jola watched as the bugs tried to follow the cart and were quickly overcome by the poison, falling like leaves from a fall tree. Then Gilly turned another corner and Scar placed a hand on her shoulder “We hae lost them … slaw doon an' heed fur th' transportation yard … we hae enaw darkness still tae cause th' bugs a bit mair trooble.” Scar whispered.

Gilly redirected the cart and slowed the horses down … she headed for the east gate. Jola and Scar again lay as low as they could in the back of the cart. Gilly acted as casual as if she was on her way to the market, as she passed a bug patrols … she even waved to them. They did not wave back … but they also did not stop them. She entered the transportation yard … which was a large rock wall enclosed area where wagons and carts were stored. These wagons and carts were used to transport the iron from the mines to the city.

Jola and Scar jumped out of the back of the cart … Gilly parked the wagon … and was getting ready to close the gate when she saw a whole company of stag beetles heading for the transportation yard.

She ran to Jola and Scar … “Quick … everyone hide” She whispered as she slipped under a wagon. Jola and Scar joined her. They heard the sound of 600 bug feet scratching at the cobble stone ground. There was a cadence in the steps … this was the sound of 100 stag beetle soldiers entering the transportation yard. Gilly, Jola and Scar all took a quick peek at their new visitors … the yard was full of beetles and dismounting shadow demons. They saw the iron gate go closed and they even saw their leader … a huge shadow demon … riding on top of an extra big beetle.

Jola looked at the others. “They will discover us at any moment. I’m going out there and distract them. You two make a break for it in the opposite direction. Use the horses” She ordered

Scar and Gilly knew what Jola suggested was a complete suicide mission and shook their heads “NO”

“I main hate yer guts … Jola … but ye wulnae sacrifice yerself fur me!” Scar growled.

Jola smiled “Magic can do special things … I have a plan … I will make it out of here just fine. But this will not work for all of us … I need you to run in the opposite direction. Remember opposite direction” Jola said and before there was more debate … she slithered away crossing over to get under the next large wagon.

Jola wasted no time … She got under the middle of the cart and picked it up … the whole thing. She screamed at the shadow demons “SHADOW DEMONS … I’M THE BEAST THAT HAUNTS YOUR NIGHTMARES!!!!! … COME TO MEEEEEEEEE … I’M HUNGRY!” She challenged the demons as she threw the wagon in a massive display of strength. The thing smashed into a group of demons… and squished them flat.

Jola moved as soon as she had thrown the wagon … a fire ball sprang from her staff into the wagon debris … exploding and lighting up the dark night. Two more fireballs headed in different directions, exploding as they hit the crowded bugs and their mounts, the explosions sent bodies parts high into the air. Jola’s tail had wrapped around a bug’s neck. Breaking it within a second, but the tail did not let go of the dead bug … instead it used the bug’s body as a club to smash at the other demons.

Scar and Gilly were under the wagon and watched. The ferocity, fierceness, and intense hatred Jola expressed towards the bugs …. Frankly it was unbelievable. Scar had seen many fights and battles … and never had he seen a being so possessed of hatred. Whatever the bugs had done to Jola must have been horrific.

Jola made steady progress towards the large iron exit gate. The violence and viciousness of her attack … had caught the stag mount warrior bugs off guard … but they were regrouping now … they had cut off her route to the gate and had surrounded her. Their weapons were out as they approached her with caution.

“COME TO MEEEEE … MY LITTLE BUGS … I WANT TO SEE YOU DIE … UP CLOSE!!” Jola screamed like she was totally insane. She had stopped moving to the gate and had fended off the bugs with her sword, staff, and “bug club” on her tail. The “bug club” was now only half a bug … as countless blows had torn the bug body asunder. The half body was flung away … and her tail was like whip. Lashing out and quickly wrapped around a new neck, which SNAPPED… and Jola now had a new bug club.

Strangely, Jola eyes went closed as she yelled “CLOSER … CLOSER … FALL INTO MY TRAP … I WANT TO SEE THE HORROR ON YOUR FACES AS YOU DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!”

The bugs rushed in not fooled by her insane screaming … but Jola whole body LITE UP … in INTENSE WHITE LIGHT … Massive arcs of lightning leapt from her body, staff, and sword … FRYING the bugs around her … great sizzling holes appeared in their bodies … smoke bellowing out … as at least twenty demon died within seconds.

Gilly and Scar knew the night vision of the bugs had been temporarily ruined by that spell. They slipped out from under the wagon and raced towards the cart and draft horses. Gilly mounted the cart and Scar rode next to her. “Get gonnae … we hae a snake tae save” Scar said … as Gilly snapped the reins that kicked the horses into a full gallop.

“I’m better than a bug zapper!” Jola screamed and her path to the Iron Gate was cleared … she sped to the gate with frightening high speed and skid to a stop in front of it. As she moved to the gate … she spoke the words to a magic spell. The magic energy grew but she did not have enough time to have it reach its peak value. She released the “shatter” spell at the iron grate. The sonic blast crashed into the gate … but the gate did not give way.

Jola gasped a single word “SHIT” as she knew she was in real trouble now. She turned to face the demons rushing at her. She had almost no time to defend herself … A spear was headed right at her … she used the body on her tail to block it … but the spear came though the bug club enough to stab into her into her upper snake body. Another bug slashed her as she bent over in pain … cutting her arm. Then the huge commander bug arrived … riding his beetle stag mount … and laughed.

“Time for you to die SNAKE” it said … as it raised its sword to cut Jola in half!

Scar got ready to jump off the cart … but Gilly place her small hand on his big Worgen shoulder

“You get Jola … that asshole is mine!” She said … Leaping on to the charging draft horse and then sailing into the air directly at the stag mount commander. If Scar had not known better … he would have thought the Halfling could fly … Gilly did a small tuck flipping in the air … as both her short swords came out … and she plunged them all the way to the hilts into the bug commander’s back. Then with almost no break in motion … she pulled them out and jumped off the dead commander bug … and sprang in front of Jola.

“Who wants to be next?” she challenged the bugs around Jola.

The bugs paused enough a few seconds ... wondering what to make of the small halfling … this time allowed Scar to drive the wagon into them from behind. It was like he was driving the wagon through a corn field. The horses stopped before the iron gate … Scar took a great swing and cut the damaged lock off the gate and kicked it open. Gilly jump back into the wagon … and waved good bye …

“Need to think a bit faster next time …!” She taunted them … as she drove the wagon moved through the gate … Scar jumped in the back and grabbed Jola and pulled her into the back of the wagon.

“I told you the opposite direction” Jola said holding her wounded snake belly.

Scar smiled … and answered her "A nod's as guid as a wink tae a blind horse"

Jola to this day still has no clue what the Worgen meant … as Gilly drove the cart into the city with the bugs in hot pursuit.
 
A change in tactics

Seated in King Goldenmane’s throne room was the Shadow demon commander. Strange shadows danced around behind it … the shadows appeared to be evil spirits which did not have a physical form. A mid-level shadow demon officer stood before the commander … reporting on the battle in the jungle.

The shadow demon commander asked again in more frustration “Are you telling me … all 6 legions have been destroyed?”

“Yes commander” The mid-level shadow demon replied.

“And the queen still lives?” He asked again

“Yes commander” The mid-level shadow demon replied.

“This was caused by a human knight of the church, a Tigran hunter, and a talon commander?” The shadow commander asked

“Yes commander” The mid-level shadow demon officer replied.

There was a long pause at this point, as the shadow demon commander thought. The mid-level officer stood and waited. Finally the shadow demon commander spoke.

“We will shift tactics … Tell the unit commanders to double … no triple … the defenses around the iron delivery from the mines. I shall deal with the rebel trouble makers and the queen by other means.” There was a small pause and then the evil leader added “And bring King Goldenmane to the torture chamber … we need to break him … the queen still living can make things difficult for us … The king appearance will neutralize that risk.”

The mid-level officer saluted and left the chamber. The shadow demon commander stood up … and started to glow … but not with white light … but with black light. Its physical form seemed to shift into another dimension and it was able to turn and face its own shadow behind it.

No words were spoken … no magic spells cast … but with a simple nod of the commander’s head … four shadows broken off from the main shadow and stood against the wall. Each shadow carrying wicked looking swords.

The commander looked at the first shadow.

“Your target is the human knight named … Sir Deson Hild”

The commander looked to the second shadow “Your target is the hunter named Skadu”

The commander looked to the third shadow “Your target is the Talon Leader Mirri”

Then to the last and largest of the shadows “Your target is Queen Shella.”

The shadow demon commander started to glow again with the strange black light and turned again to face forward … returning to this dimension. The separated shadows behind it passed silently through the walls of the castle and were gone. The shadow demon commander … paused and adjusted its armor retightening it. A careful observer would have notice that the shadow demon commander was now shorter … and had lost quite a bit of his bulk. The commander strode out of the room … headed for the torture chamber.
 
Barely escaped!

Gilly pulled on the reins … and the draft horses and cart turned down the narrow street. The great buildings loomed above her, as the big horses kicked into life and the cart started to pick up speed. Scar was in back with Jola. He ripped off a part of her black cloth outfit and wrapped it around her snake body to help stop the bleeding of the stab wound.

“I’ll be fine” Jola gasped as pain shot through her. “Watch out!” She yelled as a shadow demon jumped in the back of the cart. But Scar was quick,and a big backhand slap later and the bug fell off the cart before it could stab at the two.

Gilly whipped the reins of the horses … and everyone was pressed backwards as the horses accelerated … hurtling the cart at break neck speeds … the bugs were in hot pursuit.

Gilly yelled back “The beetle things are faster than these draft horses!!”

Scar nodded and casually stuck his sword out which snagged the top of a barrel along the side of the narrow street. The barrel tipped over and rolled into the street. Two of the stag mount beetles behind them could not react fast enough … and slammed into the barrel and went tumbling.

“Nicely done” Jola said … but the next set of beetles jump on the sides of the building … avoiding the barrel and continued to follow them.

“Not nice enough … Tricky bugs” Scar grumbled.

Jola overheard the beetle rider say “they are heading towards Perfecture … all stag mounts converge on the junction by the lion’s pub”

“Gilly … they are going to cut us off at the lion’s pub!” Jola warned Gilly.

Gilly yelled back “Hang on … I’m going to try something!” she pulled hard on the left rein. The horse veered sharply to the left …. As Jola and Scar and the cart skidded around the corner …There were tigran’s out on this street and Gilly frantically swerved out of the way to avoid them.

“Shit,” Jola swore, shaking her head … as the cart went up on only two wheels, then settled backdown on all four of its wheels.

“Hold on!” Scar ordered as the horse and cart took another sharp turn … and now Gilly had them double backed … and headed back to the transportation area.

More stag mounts appeared in front of them … trying to cut them off. Gilly whipped the horses to go faster …

She is playing chicken with them!!” Jola gasped … as they were headed right at the stag mounts, neither turned away!

“What the hell does she think she’s doing?” Scar cried out. “They have spears!”

The stag mount lowered their spear/lances at the draft horses ... Gilly remained silent … concentrating on driving the cart as fast as she could … Then she stood up and threw a dagger at one of the stag mounts … hitting it in the left shoulder … the spear it was aiming veered to the left and SMACKED the other stag mount … then the draft horses … ran over both of them… there was some cracking of exoskeletons … and the passengers in the back got bounced around really good.

Gilly just yelled back at the crumbled bodies “Damn Jay walkers!”

The cart shot straight across the square and then turned right … skidding around another corner … Gilly was head back to the river. The bugs were still quicker … and started to converge on the cart.

“She is headed for one of the bridges!!” Jola said to herself

The bugs had figure out what she was doing … and were depriving her of all possible exits.

Gilly laughed … an insane laugh … “get ready” she told Jola and Scar. As she cut the speed of the horses … and Scar and Jola were suddenly within weapon range of the pursuing bugs. Scar great sword sliced off a head … while Jola just put her sword through the startled bug’s face. A mounted bug, however got past the rear of the cart … and was trying to come up the right side of the cart. Gilly veered and slammed the cart into the bug and the wall … again there was a grinding … and squishing noise … and the bug and mount dropped away... dead.

Gilly kept heading towards the river … but the bugs had set up large stone blocks on the road … the cart would not fit between the blocks. They were snared, like rats in a trap …

Gilly yelled “Hang on … and jump when I tell you!”

“WHAT IS THAT CRAZY HALFLING DOING NOW!!” Jola yelled.

Gilly reached down and pulled the pin … connecting the horses to the cart “JUMP” she yelled. As she jumped onto one of the draft horses … Jola sprang off the cart and landed on Gilly horse …and Scar jumped on the other one. Behind them the cart smashed into the stone blocks … and sprayed the bugs with wood chunks … As Gilly, Jola and Scar stabbed and sliced their way through the bug blockade now riding on the backs of the draft horses.

They galloped up the bridge … Gilly aimed her draft horse at the side … suddenly her, Jola and the horse jumped off the bridge … falling into the water. Scar did the same thing but on the other side of the bridge. The bugs ran to the bridge and looked over the edge … the two horses surfaced and swam to shore … but there was no sign of the Naga, Worgen, or Halfling … there was not even any bubbles!! They were gone!!

I want you all to know that I did not write this, the awesome writer for this scene is MilkMaiden!!!
 
Sanura, Aziza, and Jonz

With the traps laid, the three headed back to their crypt to settle down for the night. They had a simple meal … this time Aziza had provided the food … killing three small game hens … while setting up her trap. She had found the hen’s eggs too and so breakfast would include fresh eggs. They used a small fire to roast the birds. After the cooking was done … the fire was put out extra well… so no one could track the smoke smell back to their hiding spot. The candles were relit inside the crypt and the heavy iron door was closed.

They ate the birds which tasted excellent. The conversation was lite and pleasant as well. But it was limited mainly to Sanura and Aziza. Draconians were known for using few words and Jonz sat back and listen for the most part. There was one exchange however during the evening of note.

Sanura had started it “I’m worried … have we done enough … what if the shadow demon figure out our traps. Our lives depend on these traps working!”

“You are always scared of something … you need to stop worrying about everything … stop being scared of everything” Aziza said as she tossed a cleaned off hen bone into the waste pile, licking her lips with her cat like tongue.

“OH you are one to talk … you are scared to date men … you had some bad relationships … and now you are too scared to date them” Sanura countered.

“I’m not too scared to date them … I just chose not to … and stop bring me into the topic. We are talking about you. Take a page from Jonz over there” She pointed to him “he fears nothing!” Aziza said.

Jonz looked at both of them “Large Snakes” he said as he crunched on the bones of his hen. Like a dragon, he could eat almost anything. His teeth cracked the bones into pieces which he swallowed.

“Big Snakes … you are scared of big snakes?” Aziza asked almost not believing it.

“I just don’t like them” Jonz said shaking his head as if to get rid of some image of a snake in his head.

Sanura saw her opening and slid over next to him … her arm going around his large shoulder. “Well at least you are not scared of the opposite sex … like some people here … and don’t worry about those big snakes … I’ll protect you from them!”

At the same time

At the same time as the awkward conversation was happening between Sanura, Aziza, and Jonz … the lonely silence of the boneyard was being disturbed. Tonight there was an unusual amount of movement … not the normal movement of Tigrans coming to visit their dead relatives … this was a movement of subterfuge and one of hidden motives. 30 shadow demons with all kinds of weaponry darted from crypt to crypt … above them were 5 stingers … silently flying from crypt roof top to roof top.

The largest of the shadow demons that darted back and forth from shadow to the moon light and then back into shadow again, carried a scroll, others carried ropes and chains along with their weapons. This was their leader a demon named “Jurlic”. Jurlic had been in this elite killing unit for 10 years now … and Jurlic silently ordered the other bugs to go here or go there with signals and nods and quiet clicking noises. Jurlic stood 7 feet tall, huge for a shadow demon, and its specialty was killing draconians. Jurlic was proud of its feats and had won awards and accolades from senior leaders for its skill.

One of the members of the unit carrying the large sword clicked to Jurlic to follow it. The two moved off in almost complete silence. Reaching a disturbed pit … Jurlic looked in and saw one of the shadow demons from its unit … dead …impaled on the bone spikes at the bottom of the pit. Even though the elite member of the killing squad had been killed by the trap … it had made no noise while dying.

“Traps” Jurlic clicked to its fellow unit member. All of the demons in the unit were informed and now moved slower … checking the ground for more traps. They headed stealthily towards the large crypt where the three rebels where hiding … phase two of the operation was about to begin.
 
Jonz

He accepted the arm around his shoulder, but the words was laughable, he grinned even amidst his discomfort,

"I was in a major battle once, when the opposition fled into a castle it was impressed that the castle be taken. The castle was broken in to and there they were...for some strange reason the defenders had ten Nagas inside the castle...I froze, could not move, only when two of them advanced on me could I break free from my fear and attacked them with fire. This drew the attention of their brethren and they came for me..."

He shook his head,

"I need some air."

With that he rose and walked to the door, opening it and stepped outside, movement caught his attention and he narrowed his eyes, there was movement in the air. There should not be movement, his vision slipped into the infrared spectrum and he was able to see the Stingers. They have been found, he stepped back inside,

"We have company, get your weapons!"
 
Gilly, Scar, and Jola

Gilly, Scar, and Jola all sat in the outer room near the window over the water. Each of them had big smiles on their faces. Jola felt better as she had taken a healing potion when they had returned to their hideout. They were talking in low voices … as Pearl and Fawn were still sleeping in the back room. Capt’n, Throgram, Tia, and Felina had not returned yet from putting up more posters, so the only people awake in the wrecked house were the three with huge smiles on their faces.

Scar chuckled and patted the Halfling on the back “Ye ur th' finest mission commander a squad coods ever want. it was a pleasure tae serve under ye.”

Jola also patted her on the back “Yes … you are an excellent mission commander … but you’re driving skills … are like an inept drunken orc! You almost got us all killed”

Gilly was beaming in pride “That skillful driving display … my snake friend … was crafted during many a getaway … while in my youthful, food “scrounging” days!”

Scar pointed a finger at Jola “Missy … ye arenae one ta talk … fightin' inside th' transportation yard … Ah hae seen naught loch it. ye seem tae pure hate these shadaw demons.”

Gilly had seen it too “Yes … what was all that about?” Both of them looked at Jola, waiting for her to answer.

“I told you already ... My house has been destroyed, I have been imprisoned, starved, the demons have tried to kill me.” Jola stated firmly.

“I’m not buying it… all reasons to fight … but you fought with pure hatred … tell us why?” Gilly asked.

Scar nodded ““i agree wi' th' halflin' … ye don’t want tae kill them … ye want tae make them suffer afair they die!”

Jola looked at both of them. She trusted them now. They had fought together … placed their lives on the line for each other. She needed to come clean with them. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“You will not fully understand what these demons have done to me and why I hate them so much. But I will explain as best as I can. I was raised from an egg by a wizard as a familiar. Nagas are born from eggs ... sometimes we do not know who our parents are. The wizard cared for me as if I was one of his own offspring. When I began to talk … I asked many questions … some were about my race. The human wizard was very kind and explained as much as he could. When I grew old enough… we even took a trip to The Nest, where I met other Nagas and better understood my race. I tell you this to show you how kind and caring this wizard was. I served him for many years … I may have told you … he finally passed away from old age … and I traveled back to the nest to become an ambassador. That is mostly true … except for the part that he passed away from old age. He did not.

“The wizard name was” she paused for effect “Ardel” there were gasps from the other two. Jola continued “yes, the one of legend. He had uncovered a plot by the demonlords to destroy all life on this planet. Unfortunately the demons also discovered his spying on them. He dissolved the bond between us … I was no longer his familiar. This was a heart wrenching process, but I understood why he did it. He knew he was going to die. When a wizard dies, so does his familiar. The bond is that close. He fought the demons … in a fantastic battle of magic … the magic spells lite up the whole sky! Unfortunately, the demons won.” Jola said as her voice trailed off into sadness.

She looked at both of them as she continued, her eyes alit with hatred “I hated the demons … they destroyed my life, my only parent … and my best friend. When they first arrived I thought I could play the spy role again. Become the naga ambassador to the demon kingdom, I was hoping to discover their plan and then at the critical moment … make it all come apart. But instead the demon commander threw me in jail. The rest you know.”

Scar and Gilly both nodded their heads in understanding. They did not know much about magic … but the wizard-familiar bond was common knowledge. Everyone was quiet for a moment. Then Scar spoke up

“Ah shaa help ye gie yer revenge. Ah to have lost somethin' recently” Scar one good eye became watery. “Ah hae ne'er loo'd someain afair … nae deeply … until recently. an' 'at loove has bin taken from me. Ah tay hae personal reason fur thes battle. Ah tay want tae see th' bugs destroyed.” Scar said with total conviction.

There was more silence … as the three thought.
 
Last edited:
On the other side of the river.

Talon leader Mirri had been correct; in another hour everyone had completed the crossing of the river … and were hidden once again in the forest on the other side. The group stopped and a meal was prepared. It was during this time Captain Isis sat with Sir Deson Hild, Queen Shella, and Talon Leader Mirri as they ate a simple breakfast. They caught her up on the battle, how the knight had saved her, and discussed what lay ahead for them.

“The mining town of Makla is only one day’s journey from here. What is the plan once we get there?” Captain Isis asked.

The Queen looked to Talon Leader Mirri and Deson before she spoke. “We have not discussed it yet … My thought was to slowly … and secretly enter the town …swelling its population. The bugs would not notice it … and we would soon be able to retake the mines. We should rest now and enter the town at night. It will be more difficult for the demons to detect our presence. But all of this is a suggestion … I defer to Talon Leader and Sir Hild for their advice and counsel.” The queen explained.

Isis looked toward the human knight “Sir Hild in addition to your advice … I would again like to thank you … for saving me. How can I repay you?” Isis asked.

Sanura, Aziza, and Jonz

The 7 foot tall draconian stepped back inside the crypt … there was a grim seriousness on his face. "We have company, get your weapons!" He said as he grabbed his Claymore, Bastard sword, and slipped the arming sword into its holder.

He did not need to say any more … as Sanura and Aziza could tell from his body language and voice this was bad.

“The traps” Sanura whispered as she grabbed her scimitar “They were not designed for night time use … what are we going to do??” She asked in a bit of a panic.

“Use them … we don’t have a choice … The moon is up … let your eyes adjust … do the best you can” Aziza said, as she grabbed her war pick and blew out the candles in the crypt … only one was left burning was near Jonz. Aziza looked at the fighter.

“Right?” she asked questioning her own statement

He nodded yes

“Jonz” Sanura said and grabbed the draconian’s strong arm “I …” she hesitated “I have never killed something before. … I’m not sure I can do this” She confided in him. She waited for his answer.

Jonz smiled and spoke directly to Sanura and Aziza “Oh yes, you can do this! Think of what they have done to your city! The people killed and crushed by the earthquake. These people died for doing nothing wrong! Think of what they did to your king! Your army, why? For defending you! Think of what they have done to your family! Does your father live? Is he in prison? For what reason? Why have they done this? Just because you are tigran! Think of what they have done to your lives? You are living on the run in a graveyard! Why? For being a tigran? If you think of the injustice and evil they have caused. You can fight them, you WILL fight them!!” Jonz said with confidence.

Jonz looked to the ground and spoke to himself “Killing demons is like squishing bugs, I think nothing about squish a cockroach, and I think nothing about killing them. The demons tried to wipe out the whole dragon race. Draconians were created to protect the dragons. Then the demons tried to wipe the draconians out.” Jonz said repeating what he was learned about the history of the draconian race when he as in the army.

“When you destroy a demon on this plane of existence, they simple return to their rightful place, their own plane of existence. If they kill us, we are dead forever. They are trying to take what does not belong to them. This is a fight of good against evil. Fight them with this knowledge and your courage will not fail.” Jonz said.

A big mischievous smile spread over his face “We run in three different directions. Sanura you will be first. The stingers will follow you. Then Aziza and then I’ll go. Complete your trip through the traps at the shallow pit area. I’ll be there with a fireball!” He said and blew out the remaining candle. Darkness filled the crypt.
 
Last edited:
Sanura trip and her trap …

Sanura burst out of the crypt running at full speed. The words from Jonz had placed a fire in her spirit. She knew what she must do and she felt she could do it now. She held her scimitar in one hand as she moved quickly between the stone crypts. She increased her pace, the heels of her boots clicking on the uneven slabs of stones in the boneyard.

Behind her she heard over the boot clicks the beating of insect wings … flap, flap, was the sound they made … as they caught the cold night air and moved the flying bugs closer to her. Cursing herself for not making the stinger trap closer to the crypt … she put on even more speed, her feet flying under her. She was only half tigran, her other half was human. Humans were bigger and stronger and better long distance runners than Tigrans. The bugs did not truly know what she was capable of … they hopefully would not find out until it was too late.

Her head was down as her reddish brown hair flew behind her. Flap, flap, flap, … flap flap … She heard the multiple wings behind her, gaining on her … Her heart was in her mouth as she quickened her steps, lengthening her stride …

The wings behind her picked up their beating

She was not going to make it … she held her sword firmly …. Her heart beating faster her boots marked the grimy ground with deep imprints. She would need to turn and fight them … she would take down one or two of them before she died it was the least she could do for her half-sister and Jonz.

The beating wings behind her increased, the sounds getting louder, closer, faster.

Fear ran through her as she moved along as fast as she could … her fear almost blinding her, her panic intensifying. Then she saw an arch way … and got an idea … it was a big gamble, but she decided to take it. As she ran under the arch way she slammed her sword into the arch … the long thin blade and handle hanging down.

There was a startled click noise … as the lead stinger did not see the blade until it was too late. Sanura heard the click cut off by the slicing sound of the scimitar passing through the bug's body.

“One down!” She said to herself, but she was now without her main weapon. She again could hear the sound of the pounding wings. She could hear its heavy breathing as it was extra close. She was at the trap area now …. The moon light did not allow her to see the thin strong lines very well … she would need to remember where they were … as she ducked for the first one … sliding on her belly to make sure she got under it. The ripping sound of shattered wings confirmed the closest stinger behind her had encountered the thin rope. “Two down” she gasped for breath … as Sanura did not stop running to see what happened. She jumped through the next set of thin ropes, hearing another collision with the trap with similar results. But then she heard nothing. The wing beating had stopped.

She stopped too and turned around to see what the last two stingers where doing. Both had landed on the roof top of a nearby crypts and simply watched her. Sanura took the chance to catch her breath.

“Now what?” She asked herself quietly. The bug started to move as if they heard her and were answering her question. They crawled down the sides of the crypts … and were come at her on foot!

Aziza

Turc had seen the first Tigran to leave the crypt and was ready to give chase. But Jurlic had ordered only the stingers to follow. 5 stingers against a single young female tigran, it was not a contest. She would be caught and killed within minutes. Then Turc had seen a second tigran take off running from the crypt. This one had flaming red/orange hair and looked like a tiger, with black stripes. Jurlic had order only 10 of the 30 shadow demons to follow her. Turc was in charge of this group of ten. Turc had wanted to the kill the draconian, that most arrogant of races. But Jurlic was going to do that himself it seemed and with 20 of the elite shadow demon force.

This female tigran had given them a good chase. She had lead them over two pit traps and Turc had lost one of the team to one of the traps. But now they had her surround in the middle of a fire pit/cook out area. The tigran female held a war pick and was facing them. She was no match to their skill. Turc was so confident, that only three of the most inexperienced bugs in the team were sent in to kill her.

They approached her now … getting ready to strike her down. The female swung her war pick … which was easily blocked and the other two demon struck their killer blows … however, there was a strange metal on metal noise and both weapons bounced off the tigran. The tigran female reach out with her hand and plunged it right through one of the bug's faces … her small female fist came out of the backside of the dead bug’s head covered in goo.

The tigran did not miss a beat as the other two bugs could not believe their eyes … with the war pick still blocked the tigran simply kick the attacking demon in the crotch … her kick ripped halfway up the bug’s body cavity!!

The remaining attacker … backed away from the tigran. “What kind of magic is this?” It asked Turc in a series of clicks. Turc had no idea … it was as if the tigran’s skin was made of iron … not fur! Turc ordered the remaining 7 demons to attack … as they all rushed toward her. The tigran did not seem to be too concerned … as the demons all got ready to strike. Turc noticed the tigran’s left foot, step on and tear a piece of paper in the middle of the firepit … Turc realized it was a fireball scroll … and this was the last thing the elite shadow demon member realized as his body was torn apart by a massive fireball explosion.

As the smoke cleared from the explosion, Aziza patted out the fire in her hair and brushed off the soot from her skin. She looked around … all the shadow demons had been killed in the explosion. “That worked better than I thought” She said to herself as she removed a small ring from her finger and placed it in her pocket. Her hair was burnt some and her furred was sooty, but she felt fine as she trotted off towards Jonz trap location with the sticky sap.

Sanura concluded

Sanura took off running again. Stingers on foot were slow, so she headed back towards the archway and her sword. She easily reached it when she heard the flapping of the stinger's wings. She pulled the scimitar out and took off running towards Jonz's sap trap area …
 
sir Deson Hild

"I think the queen's plan is sound, the only problem would be to hide myself, I would suggest we Tigrans in the surrounding area. That way we can stage a coup, using the Tigrans outside as a distraction while those on the inside kill the shadow demons and their pet Garliks. That way we will be able to cut off the iron supply and have a fortify-able area to fend off any counter attack."

He looked at Isis and gave her a slight smile,

"It was my honor to have been able to help you, there is no payment necessary. Now if you'll excuse me, there is some wounded who need a few bandages changed and wounds to be cleaned."

He rose from his seat and with a slightly unsteady gait made his way outside and to the tents.
 
Jonz

He gave the two girls a few moments' head start and then stepped out of the crypt himself, he picked up the elite bugs as they moved towards him, the rather large demon caught his attention. He had heard about these shadow demons, they were bred to hunt and kill draconians, this one was an example of why draconians fell to their kind so easily, they towered over the normal draconian and was more powerful, but Jonz was not a normal draconian at all. But he was also a seasoned campaigner and knew when the odds were against him.

The twang of a bowstring allowed him to deflect the crossbow bolt as it streaked towards him, then the shadow demons came at him, the classical scenario, the fast and agile ones first to harry and keep the attention of their prey while four with nets follow and then the heavy hitters. Jonz had seen this so many times that he knew better than to use his fire to kill the first attackers, instead he turned on his heel and killed two with one slash, thus opening a gap in their circle. Through this gap he ran, blows glanced from his armor and skin as he ran, the quicker of the demons keeping up, but their blows ineffective against his armor. He happened to come across Sanura, he grabbed her arm and yanked her into a narrow pathway,

"GO!"

She quickly outdistanced him and now he had the Stingers on his trail as well, with a clicking sound one pair of wings stopped and he knew that it came at him in a dive. At the very last moment he swung around and sliced with his sword. The Stinger lost it's tail and the demon on it's back its feet, Jonz killed two more of his pursuers and took off running once more. His trap was not very far anymore
 
Mirri

Mirri smiled at Deson's retreating back. "He really is a true Holy knight isn't he," she commented. "Still his plan is a sound one. If we sneak A good portion of our fighters inside, and then fake an attack from the outside we can kill a lot of their troops in the confusion. The only thing I would add to the plan would be to add Skadu and his Scout unit to the infiltrators. I have heard the reports of his efforts and his training. Now even my own scout leader can't detect these men and he trained them. I want them to go after the leaders and cause chaos in the ranks." She grinned at the thought and what she would have the hunter do when he had the time. She wanted all the armies scouts trained by him as soon as possible. Soon she would have a silent killing force able to scare the bugs into not stepping foot into the jungle unless in massive forces. If he could then train squads of fighters as well, they just may have a chance.

"We may also have to limit how many people we send in my Queen. if the population suddenly swells too much even the lowly bugs may get too suspicious. Perhaps just a trickle over a couple of days to secure hiding places, then a larger force on the night before the attack. Then we make a lot of noise from outside and fire some arrows at the walls. Show ourselves a little but do not put ourselves in danger. Let them think there are a lot more of us than there are. when they man the walls our troops and any civilians they can get to fight strike."
 
Back
Top