Decadents and Dropouts IC

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked at her in shock, "No no. I didn`t mean I`m leaving now, but as time goes by,
and you do find your place; then I will continue on. But that time is a few years away."

He grabbed her hand, that was on his shoulder, and kissed it, "I won`t leave you. Not uness you command me."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss put her second hand on his other shoulde. "No, of course I don't want you to leave. But it make take a long time until we find that place, so do not talk of leaving yet. But we sholud find a way to get along well togteher, and we might improve the cogs interior with the time." She waved her hand showing the cargo room, that looked like a usual cargo -room, just not as well organized. A serious trader would say that the loading was done in a mess, things just put down whre they fit without any experience and proper order. And a normal captain would have frowned if he saw the "cozy corner" that Phyliss had produced in the stern. It was quite a pile of cushions and blankets. She hoped she could turn that place into a mixture of lounge and bedroom.
 
Last edited:
"No wonder that man chased me for weeks. I thought it was a family heirloom or something, not a great artifact. Although, I should have guessed considering the language and detail of the cup. So, what would be a better use for it? I can't imagine using it to drink out of."

He thought for a moment,

"Well according to legend, it has it's own magical properties. Filled with pure water and speaking one of these incantations, several things can happen."

He grinned,

"As a fire based creature myself, I would rather not dabble in that, I might just blow up something."

"So, how is your side?"

He watched her move over to inspect his side, there was just a light scar, slowly disappearing.

"Next time I face a barbarian, I'll be sure to wear my armor. He caught me off guard and pierced my skin, still not exactly sure how he managed that."

He took in her smell, the little drow was an enigma, at least she seemed serious about becoming a more productive member of the group. His gaze went down to her hands and her face as she inspected the wound.
 
Relic

Inspecting the scar, she admired how cleanly it was healing. She had no healing magic of her own, and relied on her naturally higher healing ability and herb poultices. Usually a wound such as the one Gryph had sustained would have her curled up in a tree for a good week to recover from. Unless she had potions available to speed that up even more. For now she simply tapped the wound a few times, mainly to get some reaction as to if it hurt or not.

"Next time you should probably just kill him, and keep your sword. Perhaps it was sharper than you originally knew. Or perhaps its some higher purpose of yours to get injured."

Smiling, she took the cup back and slipped in into her bag. There would be some use for it later.

"Phyliss seems less likely to turn me into stone. Which for my short term survival seems like a good place to be in. And I've found a nice dark place at the front of the ship, down below that I can keep myself out of trouble. But I've having trouble handing over the chest I brought with me...objects aren't so much my weakness...coins are you see."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor look over at her hand on his other shoulder and smiled. At her comment, he nodded in agreement. "This place is a little, dull. We probably should have gotten another boat. A keelboat isn't the best for long voyages and living in."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"We can improve it." said Phyliss and kissed Tronfur. "And we will all get along. Do you like to go on deck again?"
 
Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

Finally.

Finally had his five sailors managed to take his own trade vessel this upwards in the river. Finally had him, such an aberrant creature on his own, managed to get with this so-called group that, he heard, many would know of his acquaintances. Perhaps. After all, Kasmir the Merchant, of the far Shining South, had managed to reach the up river with his own, fetched trade cog.

But he was by no means alone. With five void-minded thralls, mid-age sailors who he had eaten their brains and warped their minds into submission, happily worked over the sailboat in order to drive him upstream. And so, it was done.

Yet... what was that? He could see something, just beyond the curve of the river. Another cog! A smaller, poorer one at that, yes, but another cog. Would it be... friendly to his own means?

Ma'ant'Zek'Ur thanked his spellcrafting abilities as he shrouded himself with the personal of Kasmir, the Human Merchant, garbed in his fine, intrinsec-patterned robes of deepest green.

"Ahoy!", he bellowed himself in his human-mimicked voice.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor shook his head, "I like it down here, away from the crew. Down here i have peace and quiet. The perfect time to study my spellbooks and read my other books."

He didn`t know why Phyliss wanted to do everything in public, even private things. Throughout his life, he had learned to survive by not drawing attention to himself.
 
Gryph

He gave a little chuckle,

"Thank you for the warning, I'll wrap my backpack in chains then just to keep your from being...tempted."

A sound caught his ears and he looked over his shoulder as another vessel came sailing in their direction.

"Ahoy!"

He raised an eyebrow, a human voice, he turned to face Relic,

"Could you perhaps get Phyliss to come up here and interact with this one? I think that I might scare him away...or have him attacking us."
 
Relic

Looking up to see who had called out, Relic quickly noticed that it was a better boat to their own and that many men appeared to crew it. When Gryph asked her to go below and tell Phyliss, she quickly got up and moved off towards the stairs.

"That would be a better idea."

Heading down below, she quickly poked her head into where Trunfor and Phyliss were talking.

"We have company, Gryph thinks you'd be the best to deal with them...considering your more diplomatic nature, and his rather large nature."

With a smile, Relic hopped down the last few steps before making way so Phyliss could get by.

"I can talk to Trunfor for a while if you want, just until we know who the other boat is."

Opening her bag, she took out the metal covered journal, with the lock and key attacked to the side. Its spine was around two inches thick, full of blank pages. Taking out a little pot and a quill, she also tucked them under one arm.
 
Phyliss ovida

Phyliss wrapped her arms around him and kissed his ear and whispered. "Poor Tronfur, have you always been alone? I spent most of my life in merchants saloons and parlors, I didn't have much time to be alone, and if I was, I felt frightened most of the time. I will teach you to live in company."
She heard somebody coming down the step, and recognized Relic. She got up.
"Oh, I will just get up and see who it is." She passed the drow and said low and softly to her. "Maybe it is good if you talk with Tronfur."
She got up the ladder and walked to the reiling, cool and untouchable, as she often acted in formal situations. She saw that one of the crossbow laid hidden behind the reiling, if there was any trouble. She looked over to the larger cog, a wealthy, handsome human of the type "rich merchant with exotic appeal" stood on deck.
"Ahoy." she said. "I am the captain of this ship."
 
Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

Kasmir smiled as he was greeted by a long-lost, treasured acquaintance.

However... an acquaintance not his, by any means. After all, he had been in his true, impactant form when he had greeted the gorgon that right now stood proudly before himself as his own, small sloop took upon the river to close on the smaller ship, enough that an agile sailor could jump from one deck to another.

"As I am the captain of this.", he smiled, his fair, aquiline features examining the gorgon filled with curiosity. She was exactly the same as when he had met her, years ago. "And it would be a shame if Phyliss the Gorgon did not recognise one of her friends, would it not?"

"For Kasmir of the South has indeed recognised the most beautiful gorgon he had even seen!", he playfully reminded her, his thin lips covered by a thin mustache, his angulous chin wriggling, speaking aloud enough to anyone hear. Taking his hands togheter, he laid a foot over the railing, mimicking a dashing pose.

But there was... someone else beside her. A shorter creature, half concealed from his view;
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Why..of course I do. I think we met last in the house of Irmin Kahoutch, there was some celebration going on. Now, you see I have now my own little boat and some fine crew and friends on board." she waved her hands around. Skandölf was on the wheel, and kept it, as Phyliss had signaled him to stop, and Colin and Z were very busy with the sails, to do as they were told. Gryph was sittting somewhere behind her, and she was not sure if he was visible.
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled as Pyliss hugged him. He was about to reply when he they were interrupted by Relic. While listening to there conversation, he grabbed a sliver and red book with the title reading Guide to the Lower Planes, and began reading it.

Suddenly he stiffened when he heard Relic say she`d say and talk with him.
 
Relic

Walking down to take a seat on the ground near Trunfor, Relic placed the journal at his feet. Soon she also placed the little silver never ending pot of invisible ink, and a simple yet well made quill before him. "Never fear, I will not bore you with my lack of conversation skills. Instead a simple gift. I once read your journal and realize it was much the invasion of your personal space. Not unlike I am doing now. So this is for you."

Tapping a sharp finger on the thin burgundy metal cover of the book, she looked up at what he was reading. She had nothing that could help him with that.

"A simple lockable journal, a strong lock it is. But my gift is more in the ink. It dries invisible, and will appear if you recite words you specify when first dipping the quill into the ink pot. That way for each day or topic you write about, if your memory allows it, you could have thousands of passwords to keep your thoughts safe. Or just one, its up to you. And only if someone recites those words will they be able to read it, even if they can open it."

Getting up, Relic went to the other side of the room and opened her little hideaways door. Leaving it open, she started to clean up, needing a bed which would be fine in the middle of the floor, and some shelves to stack her belongings. Other than that, there wasn't much else she needed.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor was touch by her gift. Invisible ink was expensive, especially magically enchanted type. And the book was something too. Feeling ashamed of his recent coldness to Relic, he got up and followed her to a small room.

He hesitantly spoke up, "Relic... I`m sorry for the way I`ve acted recently. Just.. my past has taught me to be warry of others."

Gesturing around helplessly he looked down at the ground in embarrasment and shame, "I`ll understand if you don`t forgive me."
 
"You are most accurate, my dear, as always."

Kasmir smiled. Of course she was. Not a feral gorgon, but one educated between the high born society, a courtesan without peer. Kasmir had no the chance to spend time with her before the fatidic murder of her late benefactor. But what she did not know... was that he had shared time with her, in a different time... wearing a different face.

"Would you allow me to board your vessel, dear? If you are not in a hurry, of course, I would love to hear the tales of your voyages and meet your unusual partners."

"And where are you heading? I've heard quite a story downriver about a fire..."
 
Relic

"You are correct to be wary, even as I speak openly, I still keep my guard up in case of attack. I simply don't hide away in the darkness..." Pausing to look around the small little room that was hardly lit with any light apart from what shone in from the main room, Relic found her words rather contradictory.

"What I mean is that some people use friends as look outs, to watch their backs and relax for a bit. And others consider friends a hazard and avoid them. Both have their good and bad sides, and neither is an incorrect way of living."

Laying down on the fur rug that she placed on the ground, Relic instantly realized that some padding would be needed. Maybe she could hunt a couple of more animals for their hides at some point. For now it was more comfortable than no fur at all.

"I am just like you in not consorting with people, at least in the past. But I enjoy the company now that I am trying it. Although one day I'll pay dearly for the trust I place in people...but life so far is of greater quality being around others. You must feel that, compare before meeting Phyliss, even if it was safer, to now. Having her and Gryph and the rest of the crew around. Which feels more enjoyable for you?"
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfr had to agree with her. She actually seemed to agree with his outlook on life. "My past has caused me to avoid attention. Considering what I am, people would try to kill me on sight as an abomination. However, being with Phyliss and Gryph, and yese, with you, I feel somehow.. safer."

He sat down beside her and heitantly asked, "Why`d you jump me the last time we met when you read my journal and Gryph left us.. alone. I`ll admit, I find you quite attractive, but why did you get so interested in me?"
 
Relic

Smiling and rolling over onto her side so she could prop her head up with her elbow, she looked over at Trunfor. There was so much about him that they didn't know, although there also was a lot to tell just by his reactions and his way of living. He was fierce when defending people, but shy and reserved when dealing with them in general. Not by his fault though.

"I naturally enjoy the 'odd' people in life. I suppose it was started when I first realized who and what I was. Not many could ignore that I come from the most evil elves in this world, and very few cared that I never knew or lived within that society. I am drow, and so I shall be known. But if I can be labeled so incorrectly, yes, by my race but not by my upraising...then others can as well."

The subject of almost having sex with Trunfor was an interesting one. At the time Relic had been enjoying herself very much, but was not yet ready to have her activities watched by others. At least ones who were awake.

"What gives a human more of a right to feel ecstasy and pleasure than for us? Yes, I consort with human mates, but often I find joining with other races more enjoyable, more fulfilling and very much so more interesting. Like experiencing it for the very first time over and over again."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor shook his head, "You and Phyliss both. I`m not saying we can`t enjoy ourselves because we`re not human nor should we act like humans. I`m part human in case everyone`s forgotten so in effect, I am human." He kept a calm tone throughout his talk.

"I know that you come from an evil society. I was unfortunate enough to be in a drow city. From there I felt that all drow were evil, until I met Drizzit. I know now that not all are evil, only a majority."

Sighing he leaned back against the wall and folded his wings into a more comfortable position, "I know not of what you and Phyliss mean by enjoying each other nor by avoiding civilized cultures and norms. I love civilization, even if the inhabitants dispise me."
 
Relic

"You can be a complicated person to understand sometimes Trunfor. But its who you are."

Rolling back over, Relic stretched her back before sitting up. All in all it was a rather fluid motion, perhaps similar to that of a cat if cats could do such a thing.

"I don't live for sex, and prefer it in private. But I rarely turn it down. I just enjoy living, and there are lots of things about life that I find enjoyment in.

Sex is just one. Fishing for instance is another. Needlework although tedious is also rather soothing. Herbalism is how I exercise my brain. Fighting is how I keep fit. I've lived years without experiencing a mate. I've also mated many times a day with multiple people, sometimes at once, if I feel the urge. It depends on how I feel at the time."


Laughing, she looked back over at him.

"You interested me. And you seemed like you could have enjoyed and taken something good away from our interactions. I've only ever been in love twice, and each has been short lived. And I don't waste my time waiting for the next person anymore."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor felt a little embarrased and smiled weakly when she began discussing sex as though they were talking about the local price for the crops in the market.

At her comment about love he slowly got up and walked over to her, "Has someone broken your heart before? Is that why you see no compassion unless it through mating? Is that why you fled that one time when you tried to mate with me?"
 
Relic

"Simply put? Humans are fragile creatures, as you well know. They die far to easily, whether from illness, battle or accident. My heart holds many people in it, even in death. One still lives, but his life leads him to wander many roads. And I was young, and thought that love had to be all consuming. That to love you had to be with someone for eternity. Now I realize its possible to love, and feel, even when walking different paths. So no, I am yet to be heart broken."

Smiling, Relic wondered if her statement earlier had seemed rather lacking in compassion. But it was meant to be the total opposite. She had waited between finding loves, only to have the time with them cut so short. That it seemed such a waste to limit oneself. Passion and pleasure did not always go hand in hand with love.

"I'm as compassionate as any other. I steal, yet I do not mindlessly murder. And I only steal from those who have stolen from others, or are able to survive losing such an amount."

It was one way she showed her endearment, or her enjoyment and interest in people. Sometimes it was her way of giving part of herself to cause happiness in others as well. And there was no better way than in the heat of passion for someone to feel totally happy.

"Have you been heart broken? Or loved?"
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked down and sighed, "I`ve never experenced love or anything like it. No one would accept me. I mean look at me. What human, elf, dwarf, orc, or any other humanoid race would accept me. None, so I don`t seek love. Pleasure, never really experienced any due to what I am."

He sat back down and felt saddness engulf him. "I have been alone for a long time, almost all my life. Passion, pleasure, love, and kindness are all new to me."
 
Back
Top