Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.

(The only one I can blame is myself.) :rolleyes:

And now I have to go to Philadelphia for a week to measure a hotel along with three other guys.

Three weeks into the hotel job in Philly (I was only there for one so far) and there us still at least another week or two to go. I'm in the office this week.

Philly has a lot more openly homeless people in it than I saw in New York City.

I just went out for lunch for my brother and I, and on the way back with the grub my brother's hotdog and onion rings ended up all over the floor of my car because some asshole decided to stop short and let someone on a side street out into traffic. So I had to go back and get him new food, and clean out the floor of my car from the sauerkraut. And then on the second return trip I got stuck behind a school vehicle minivan that was driving 10 mph under the limit. Fuckers don't know how to drive...

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
A penny saved is a penny.
Familiarity breeds.

EDIT: Cleanliness is next.

2nd EDIT: This is my post #2600. Some of you may know what 2600 means. Howdy, old-timers!

Last edited:
Caught naught, but the weather was nice.
But :
I got my telescope out and managed to find the [full] Moon for once.
It's an impressive sight, even on low magnification.

Xray.gif

2014-09-12 01:15 UTC The First CME Has Arrived

The first of the two CMEs predicted to arrive today made its appearance right on time. G1 ((Minor) geomagnetic storming is expected to begin within the next few hours with a maximum projected level of G2 (Moderate) storms for September 12th. A G3 (Strong) Geomagnetic Storm Watch is still in effect for September 13th due to the combined influence of this CME and the one projected to arrive late on the 12th. G1 (Minor) storming is likely to continue into September 14th. In addition, the S1 (Minor) solar radiation storm that is in progress as a result of the eruption on September 10th is expected to persist for the next few days with a possible slight increase with the arrival of the CMEs. Keep in mind that the forecast periods listed are in Universal Time so aurora watchers in the northern U.S. should be looking for possible activity tonight through Saturday night. Stay tuned for updates.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

Xray.gif

The first of the two CMEs predicted to arrive today made its appearance right on time. G1 ((Minor) geomagnetic storming is expected to begin within the next few hours with a maximum projected level of G2 (Moderate) storms for September 12th. A G3 (Strong) Geomagnetic Storm Watch is still in effect for September 13th due to the combined influence of this CME and the one projected to arrive late on the 12th. G1 (Minor) storming is likely to continue into September 14th. In addition, the S1 (Minor) solar radiation storm that is in progress as a result of the eruption on September 10th is expected to persist for the next few days with a possible slight increase with the arrival of the CMEs. Keep in mind that the forecast periods listed are in Universal Time so aurora watchers in the northern U.S. should be looking for possible activity tonight through Saturday night. Stay tuned for updates.

We're doomed. Send me all your money.

See here:

It's impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back