Immortal Love

She waited in their new chambers a rooftop dwelling safe from other patrons with a garden and view. She sat back waiting for them to return. Enjoying this place more than the previous she relaxed a bit more here as well.
 
Deacon Frost

With the help of the young man they had their things packed and soon joined Samirra. After stowing their belongings, he left the two to their privacy and sauntered downstairs to find the proprietor. After a few questions he found the man and leaned on the counter before the man, of course he spoke in the man's native tongue to him.

"Good day sir, I am sure that you will not say no to a few extra coins each day?"

The man grunted and nodded,

"Things are going slowly these days."

Deacon grinned,

"Then how about I make you an offer? I will pay for the rooms that we have taken up front, then you know that I am serious. Then if we can occupy that area..."

He pointed out a slightly raised portion of the floor, clearly part of a newer building adjoined to the one he stood in now.

"The extra money we make will be split forty percent for you and sixty percent for us."

The man frowned,

"Why do I get the lesser deal?"

Deacon raised a finger,

"But you do not, as people tend to eat and drink, that additional income will be solely yours."

The man thought for a while,

"What you do, is it against law?"

Deacon shook his head,

"It is merely music, song and dance, nothing more."

The man ran fingers over his stubble chin and suddenly grinned,

"A woman as lovely as that dancing should draw a crowd. Yes we can make this deal"

Deacon stood up, pulled a few coins from his purse, handed it to the man and they shook hands.

"We will start a bit later on today. Could you perhaps clear the area for us?"

The man nodded,

"Yes I can manage that."

Deacon bowed slightly,

"Gracious and kind you are sir, may you be blessed in our endeavors."

He turned and walked back up the stairs, time to get ready, he passed the door to Samirra's room and entered his own. He undressed, washed himself, shaved and then tried on his new clothing. All black, he liked the mysterious air it gave him. When he was done he sat on the window sill, stroking his harp, he would wait until he was sure Samirra would have enough time to finish and prepare herself, the day was still young.
 
Samira had changed and left her roommate bit unamused slamming the door on her way out her young aid quickly trying to follow. She headed down stairs and ordered some foodand drink.
 
Deacon Frost

He heard the slam of the door and sighed, as fiery as always, just not sure how and when to use it was Samirra. He smiled and got to his feet, he left his room, touching the young man's shoulder,

"Wait, unpack her clothing."

He slowly strolled down the stairs, found Samirra and sauntered over at her, he knew that he looked good, but here there was no women that interested him. He leaned against the table and looked down at Samirra,

"Why the anger dear one?"
 
Since he chooses to be most tight lipped about what his father said but did in fact tell me that you knew and that was enough you will tell me Deacon. Why the sudden uprooting and traveling here?

Her eyes flashed she wanted to know though she suspected that she already knew.
 
Deacon Frost

"From what I gathered the young man's father would only deal with us if you slept with him."

He held up a hand to prevent her outburst,

"I know it is your choice if you wish to do that, but here I worked an even better deal without such nonsense. The man has no honor, when I went back he started to accuse me of stealing from him, how do we know that he would not have taken from our share? I find his dishonesty bad for future endeavors and that is why I decided to move us."

He smiled gently at her,

"The view is better anyway."
 
His father is a fool and yes this place is better so far

She smiled to him glad that they were watching over her and could perhaps better understand why her young aid did not want to tell her.

So have we any plans for dividing profits with this place or no?
 
Deacon Frost

"Indeed we do, I gave the owner a 40 percent of our income and all the income on his merchandise. I feel that is fair to him and to us as well."

He brushed a stray strand of hair from her face,

"You should get ready when you're done, we start in two hours."
 
She smiled.

So start the people of these lands off with the black or the red?

She watched him she had noticed he watched her more when she wore those two in particular but she did not think that he realized just how much his eyes stayed on her in those.
 
Deacon Frost

He motioned to his own clothing

"To suit your other performer I think that the red would be a good option"

He smiled, he loved the black, but the red was a close second
 
Smiling she nodded and finished her light meal and went to change and prepare. Returning downstairs a little over an hour later clad in costume with the massive e scarf wrapped around her to hide the costume for now she smiled.
 
Deacon Frost

When Samira departed he went upstairs as well, got out his harp for when the time would be right. He tuned it, then got his guitar as he headed down stairs and took a seat on a high stool on the area that had been cleared for them. He smiled at the few people and waited, he heard her footsteps and turned his gaze up to the stairs, then she came into view and he smiled even broader. He had forgotten how breath taking she looked in red. He decided that for their opening he would start off with the music of her country, music she could really dance to and capture the attention of all the people.
 
Seeing him smile she smiled to him as well. Glancing around the room as the music started she began to dance. Swaying and shimmying her body rippling like the desert sands as she slithered between the tables upanc around where Deacon sat and back out amongst the crowd.
 
Deacon Frost

He kept the pace the same, but moved easily from one song to the other as Samira danced her dance. He smiled as he looked at all the eyes following her, they had never seen anything like this before. As time passed he started to increase the tempo, the flaring of Samira's hair as she turned and the sweet scent that followed her passing wove a magic of it's own and soon money started to flow, Deacon did not wish to bother the power which lay dormant, it was dangerous and bloody, he instead used the music of other lands to bind and entrance. Soon the music drew others and after three hours when he had to stop to get something to drink the building was full, he used the break to drink water and offered some of it to Samira,

"Not too bad I'd say"
 
Sitting down for a moment with him she smiled.

Not bad at all... though there are some that... I do not like there eyes when I pass them. I do not know what to make of some of the people here.

She watched him attempting to point them out to him without them knowing.
 
Deacon Frost

He followed her gaze as he sipped from his tankard, the men where of the seedier kind, those who would kidnap, murder and rape. He nodded silently and filled the tankard,

"We will have to make sure to avoid them at all costs, they will not hesitate to take you and use you for their own pleasure and then kill you or in this case attempt to. Your assistant will have to stay as close to you as your own shadow and I will have to be his."

He surprised himself by snaking one arm around her slender form and giving her a hug,

"I can not lose you again Samira."

He drained his cup and under cheers and applause took his seat again, he looked over at Samira and then started telling a story, his voice and fingers keeping the people entranced until she was ready to dance again and then he lapsed back into the music of her homeland.
 
She pointed out to her assistant as well and told him what Deacon had said and he nodded agreeing and moved to a seat that gave him better vantage of view and action. Nodding to Deacon as Samira moved to begin dancing again. The boy managed to contain his being mesmerized and watched those in the crowd that might seek to do harm.
 
Deacon Frost

It was early the following morning when he finally had to call it all to an end, his fingers was cramping, his eyes bleary and his stomach demanded food. It was with shock that people realized the time and hurriedly made their way home, even the dangerous ones had to witdraw, Deacon walked over to the counter, the owner had already closed up and was busy placing their money apart.

"Food and wine if you have any left please."

The man finished with the money and went into the back to fetch food and drink. Deacon smiled at the young man and nudged him awake,

"Come let's eat and you two can then retire for the night."
 
Samira simply opted for something to drink and then retired quickly to her room. Her assistant taking his place on the extra "cot" and being a light sleeper kept watch over her having bolted their chambers once he retired. Samira however slept heavy and well after such a night of dancing and enjoying hearing Deacon play.
 
Deacon Frost

He stayed long after everybody retired, the food finished ant three wine charafes stood empty around him, the fourth half and his feet propped up on a table as he sat low in the chair. He softly stroked his guitar, his voice unslurred and strong, yet as silent as the chords he played. A sound made him stop and smile, he rose to his feet, his sword coming from it's sheath in a silent hiss of death.

The next morning a commotion roused the neighborhood, four cut-throats was laid outside in the street, their weapons and other materials of their trade still on them. Each with a stab wound straight through the heart, from the front, through to the back, their weapons carried blood, but there was no blood, nor any trails that led away. Deacon stood at his window, shirtless and smiling down at the scene.
 
The commotion woke her as she quickly looked around her room seeing her young aid on his bed also alarmed by the noise she threw on a dress and glanced out the window carefully. Seeing those that had scared her the night before she suspected but one person. The one that always seemed to know things save for the time she was taken from him. Walking to Deacon's room she knocked on the door.
 
Deacon Frost

He heard the knock and turned his head slightly,

"Come in."

He was mildly surprised to see Samira, she looked lovely with her fresh out of bed look. He turned to sit on the windowsill, crossing his shoeless feet at the ankles and resting his hands on the sill, fresh scars was fading from his chest and arms, he smiled at her.

"Good morning Desert Flower."
 
What happened Deacon

She crossed her arms standing there staring at him she somehow knew he had a hand in it and what might have transpired but she wanted to hear from him.
 
Walking over Samira sighed. Answer Me Deacon... She reached a hand to his cheek with a soft smile. It seemed unconscious nature to touch his face at times but why... He was a confusing male one moment worried about her the next acting as if he could barely care for anything but the money they could make.
 
Back
Top