Dear X:

Dear Universe,

Thank you. It was cutting it rather fine, but thank you.

Another week and I think we would've gone under.

And thank you for the good weather - doesn't the house look so much better with all the weatherproof trimmings on?

I know I'm greedy, but is there any chance we can we keep this going for a couple of months? Please?

me.

Dear Weather,

Do you think you could make up your fucking mind please?

Thanks.

Dear Ex In the Final Sense of the word:

I gave it everything I had, but you know what? My give a damn IS busted. I'm done.

My only regret is that when everything is said and done, I'm breaking their hearts with this decision- but they deserve two parents who are alive and sane and seperated over having me gone altogether- which is where you are driving me.

Your bruised ego is not worth my life.

Sincerely:

Your very ex-wife.

I gave it everything I had, but you know what? My give a damn IS busted. I'm done.

My only regret is that when everything is said and done, I'm breaking their hearts with this decision- but they deserve two parents who are alive and sane and seperated over having me gone altogether- which is where you are driving me.

Sincerely:

Your very ex-wife.

*sigh*

I so understand some of this...

>>>HUSG<<<

Dear Ex-final-as-of-last-Thursday:

You so need to express your points earlier. Calling me at 7:30 on a Sunday to express your wish that the children be home and in bed early? A better time to talk about that would have been when I picked them up on Friday, don' ya think?

What if I wouldn't have already been getting them ready to go? By delaying that communication, all you do is raise everybody's stress level...

Dear C,

I am not at your beck and call. Because of the nature of my job, I cannot afford to go to work deprived of sleep; I put my safety and the safety of my co-workers and a zillion other people at risk if I do. Your situation is not my fault, and I'm getting sick and tired of you trying to guilt-trip me every time I say I can't do something for you. And you KNOW they either ask us to be in ridiculously early or stay ridiculously late because we're short-staffed and they won't hire anybody else. That, too, is not my fault, and I refuse to let you make me feel bad for being unable to help you out as much as I used to be.

So shove off!

--Me

Sincerely:

Your very ex-wife.

*sigh*

I so understand some of this...

>>>HUSG<<<

Dear Ex-final-as-of-last-Thursday:

You so need to express your points earlier. Calling me at 7:30 on a Sunday to express your wish that the children be home and in bed early? A better time to talk about that would have been when I picked them up on Friday, don' ya think?

What if I wouldn't have already been getting them ready to go? By delaying that communication, all you do is raise everybody's stress level...

Dear C,

I am not at your beck and call. Because of the nature of my job, I cannot afford to go to work deprived of sleep; I put my safety and the safety of my co-workers and a zillion other people at risk if I do. Your situation is not my fault, and I'm getting sick and tired of you trying to guilt-trip me every time I say I can't do something for you. And you KNOW they either ask us to be in ridiculously early or stay ridiculously late because we're short-staffed and they won't hire anybody else. That, too, is not my fault, and I refuse to let you make me feel bad for being unable to help you out as much as I used to be.

So shove off!

--Me

* Hugs * :rose:

Dear Board of Charity X,

I am "employed" as an unpaid volunteer by you for a specific purpose - to advise on pricing using my recent and current experience of trading conditions. None of you have any such experience.

I could have understood if you had decided to raise the prices of donated goods after hearing my views. What I can't understand is that you didn't even ask for my opinion before making the decision to increase the prices by 25 per cent from today.

You get your "stock" free from the general public. You haven't been making the profit you expected. Had you listened to my earlier opinions expressed verbally and extensively in writing you might have achieved your targets. Even if you ignored me, you could have asked the volunteers who deal directly with the public. They would have confirmed that your pricing was already too high for the location.

You are compounding your original error by setting prices too high. People will buy if the price is acceptable. They will buy more if the pricing is attractive. This morning your shop has taken no money at all. Your takings will not even cover your costs if you continue with the new increased prices.

I am available for advice three days a week in your shop and at the end of a telephone line at any reasonable time. Why didn't you ask for advice?

I will make representations to your manager tomorrow. If those representations are not considered seriously, please accept my resignation forthwith.

Og

Dear X,

Oh, I thank God that I found your film. It made me see life in all its beautiful subtlety once more. Grazi.

LA

Dear Whoever is supposed to help me through this...

You're not doing such a great job right now. I feel like I'm sinking here.
Some guidance would be appreciated, you know. I'm pretty clueless on
how to handle all of this. So far I've failed each time.
If you're waiting out there to help me, it's time to step in, please?
This is tearing me up and I don't know what to do.

Me.

Me.

* hugging you tightly*

Me.

* Hugs * :rose:

Not-so-dear (still) student of mine...

If this doesn't work out, you'll wish you'd never fucking been born. I could have had you kicked out of my class, but I decided, going against the will of the administrator that I talked to, to give you one more chance and let you finish the year on a compromise.

You've been given way too many chances, and I'm more fucking sick of you than I've ever been of any student before. One more inappropriate peep out of you in any situation at all, and I swear I'll get you the highest fucking penalty that the school system will let me. You've made it personal with the insults you've hurled at me, so don't be surprised, I can make it personal right back.

Also, students Y and Z, shut the fuck up and stay out of what isn't your business already. Once you're out of college with an education degree, we'll talk. Until then your job is to do your homework and let me do my own job.

Just a heads up.

Dear X . . .

Well I'm shameless, when it comes to loving you
I'd do anything you want me to
I'd do anything at all

And I'm standing, here for all the world to see
There ain't that much left of me
That has very far to fall

You know I'm not a woman who has ever been
Insecure about the world I've been living in
I don't break easy, I have my pride
But if you need to be satisfied

I'm shameless, Baby I don't have a prayer
Anytime I see you standing there
I go down upon my knees

And I'm changing, I swore I'd never compromise
But you convinced me otherwise
I'll do anything you please

You see in all my life I've never found
What I couldn't resist, what I couldn't turn down
I could walk away from anyone I ever knew
But I can't walk away from you

I have never let anything have this much control over me
Cause I worked too hard to call my life my own
Yet I made myself a world and it worked so perfectly
But it's your world now, I can't refuse
I never had so much to lose

You know it should be easy for a woman who's strong
To say she's sorry or admit when she's wrong
I've never lost anything I ever missed
But I've never been in love like this

It's out of my hands . . .

I'm shameless, shameless as a woman can be
You can make a total fool of me
I just wanted you to know

I am shameless . . .
Shameless

I mean every word, Baby . . .
Love,
Vana
:heart:

P.S. Thank you to Billie Joel for the lyrics.

Back