Soldier x Soldier - Rescued (Closed to TertiusHuman)

They set up and lined up for Thor's run. She laid a hand on the back of his vest, and he was off. She watched him work his way through the course. She ipped her water as she watched him, smiling when he finished. "Nice time." She complimented. He made a joke about her beating his time and getting that home cooked meal. SHe snorted. "I doubt that, but I'll give it a try." She mused, never one to back down from a challenge.

She took a breath and lined up, ready to begin. She worked her way through the course, but when she came out the other side, she was 10 seconds slower than what Thor had just done. She shook her head, not overly pleased with the time, but it was better than her first run, so for that she was pleased. Sighing she rolled her shoulders and relaxed. "Looks like you won." She said with a chuckle as she smiled over at Thor.
 
He met her smile and wrapped one arm around her shoulders.

"Don't worry Lt, the harder we push, the better we both will become."

He gave her a one-armed hug and patted her shoulder, "You should smile more, it suits you."

He stepped away from her and then started to collect the dropped magazines, "I would really like to go one more round, but I think it is time to get you home. The only reason is so that you can rest up and not have an excuse like being tired, or having a headache or being dehydrated when you have to go to that pub I had seen when we arrived here."
 
By now she wasn’t even surprised when she felt herself lean into his half hug. She trusted him, she was use to trusting other with her life, with her safety, issues t had been a big part of her life for so long. But she’d never emotionally trusted anyone. Until now. He mentioned getting her home so she didn’t have a reason to avoid going out. “We’re trying for normal, right? Normal means going out.” She packed up her gear. “We can always come back, this was fun and good for me.” She said as she packed up the equipment. Her hands shook slightly and she did have a small headache. A nap and some pain killers would definitely be good before they went out tonight but oddly right now she was kinda looking forward to it.
 
"Oh we'll be coming back. I didn't smuggle a carbine, with permission, out to just have it sit pretty in a bag in the safe."

He gave her shoulder a playful punch and chuckled, "And of course there is something about a woman with a gun." He kept teasing her as he packed stripped off and packed up the gear.

"And yes normal is a sure way to go. You have to start getting used to more than me and Zeus, that is why we are going to a public place, where it will not look weird if you want to hide under my arm. It might even seem romantic."

He chuckled
 
She was surprised when she blushed lightly at the woman with a gun comment. She just shook her head and smirked. Then he mentioned hiding under his arm and she snorted. “I’ve never been the romantic type but I probably will be hiding at least at first.” She chuckles, plus silently she thought it might not be bad to be tucked up under Thor’s arm. And that thought surprised her, it was the closest thought she’d had even in the same vein of attraction. Something she didn’t think she’d ever feel again. “Well let’s get home then so we can get ready to go out again.” She chuckles.
 
Thor hefted the bag and cooler box, made certain that they had everything and walked with her to the car. After placing everything in, they got in and Thor drove them back home. He left her to unlock and open the house and give attention to Zeus as he unloaded the car and carried everything inside. He emptied the box, placed the remaining water and juice in the fridge and cleaned the box before storing it.

Lastly he went up to his room and stored the bag, he would get to cleaning the weapons a bit later on. First he needed a shower and change of clothing, the adrenaline rush still got to him, but he knew how to handle it, but there still wasn't anything better than it. He slung his towel over his shoulder and headed for the bathroom.
 
Kat hung out with the dog for a bit before she sat on the couch, relaxing after the fun outing. She heard him go upstairs for the shower, and Kat ust smiled. She actually liked the idea of living with someone, she liked the comfort it provided, that was definitely something new, she use to love having her space and living alone, but not anymore.

Soon Kat was curled up on the couch and was fast asleep, outings like that still exhausted her and she often took a nap after such an outing, especially since they were planning on going out again in a couple of hours.
 
After getting dressed, Thor headed downstairs where he found Kat asleep on the couch. He gently moved her into a comfortable position and enticed Zero outside where he entertained the dog and lavished him with attention.

He was surprised with how easily he had slotted into the environment, working with Kat and Zero and he had to admit that he actually felt happy and relaxed. After making sure the dog had burned off enough energy, he allowed him back inside. He gently shook Kat's foot, "Kat, gotta wake up now."
 
It was a major win for Kat, that she didn't wake up and panic when Thor moved her. Instead Kat just sighed and nuzzled into him, still sound asleep, but seemingly reluctant when he left her.

She slept peacefully until Thor returned to wake her. She came awake in a quick silent rush, eyes snapping open and a deep breath. She automatically kicked out towards Thor, but it was half hearted, another improvement. Sighing, she stood up, rubbing her hands over her face. "time to go?" She asked curiously.
 
He gave her a grin, "With kicking like that you can't try out for the NFL anymore. Time for you to hit the shower and change, I didn't dress up for nothing you know?"

He chuckled, "I'll feed Zero and remember, don't dare do that female five minute thing."
 
She laughed, "Yeah yeah," She headed upstairs, showering quickly before getting out and drying off, she went and scanned through her clothes before deciding on a flowy summer type dress. It was a dark burgundy, and while it could be considered dressing up, it was also causal enough to count for a casual night out with a friend. She then added a couple of curls to her hair, just a bit of makeup then slid her feet into a pair of matching shoes and headed downstairs. It was certainly an upgrade from her usual look, but it was still fairly casual.
 
Thor was waiting when she came down the stairs, he put his phone away after reading his emails and paused when he saw Kat. She sure did fill out the dress nicely, the good food and exercise was showing. He gave her a smile and a playful wolf whistle.

"Well well, I sure am going to have to go fetch my baseball bat to keep them amorous blokes off of you."

He chuckled and got to his feet, "Let's go Lt, you taking a purse or are you packing some heat secreted under that dress."

He paused, blinked and had to fight down a blush as the double meaning of his words got to him.
 
She laughed. While she was pleased with her progress she still felt she was a ways off from beautiful. She’d gained weight nicely and probably only have 5 or so pounds to go, but she still felt awkward in her skin, and she always felt like she couldn’t get clean enough. His next words had her tilting her head and snickering, catching the double meaning. “I’ve got a purse.” She grabbed it off the counter with a chuckle. She let him lead the way out to the truck. She was nervous at the idea of being out around so many people but she trusted Thor and she knew she was safe with him.
 
The drive into town was quite pleasant, Thor doing his level best to keep her relaxed and to her credit, she responded well enough to his jokes. The real test came when they entered the small pub, Thor had scouted the place a few times, making sure the proprietors knew him and also he knew all the good seats which gave protection and field of view with a quick get away route.

He gently took hold of Kat's elbow, leaning slightly closer to her, "One drink, if you feel uncomfortable, we leave. After that, we stay as long as you wish. Baby steps."

He asked for a specific table and shortly they were seated, the waiter waiting for their order
 
Thor gripped her elbow, and it brought comfort to Kat as they stood in the club. She nodded at his words, relieved he was giving her an out if this didn't work out. But she desperately wanted it to work out. She stuck close to his side as they made their way to a seat. She immediately snuggled into the corner, with her back against the wall so that she could see everything around her. The waitress appeared and Kat ordered a simple beer, before returning her gaze to the crowd. Naturally she was uneasy, but it wasn't as bad as it could of been, she was actually handling this better than expected, and she wanted to be okay, to be able to have this normal activity.
 
Thor ordered a beer as well and watched Kat, she seemed to be handling things well, but he could see that she was nervous. He rested a hand on her own and gave her an encouraging smile. He wasn't one for public shows of affection, as the hand on her's would seem like, but he found that the move had come naturally and the glances didn't bother him at all.

Their drinks arrived and Thor saluted Kat with his bottle, "To baby steps."
 
Kat smiles, feeling him rest his hand on hers, she slowly flipped her hand over, so that they were palm to palm. They got their beers, she lifted hers and nodded to him, "Baby steps," She agreed, she took a long drink, finding herself relaxing a bit more than she expected to. She was still nervous but it wasn't nearly as bad as she was expecting. "Thanks for pushing for this. It feels good to be a little more normal." She smiled.
 
"Well kicking your behind on the target range does come with perks. A beer, you in a dress and of course time to relax and talk. You realize we never had time to just sit and talk over a drink?"

He grinned, "Of course you had a few things on your mind. But now by executive order, you shall think not and enjoy the evening. Signed General Knowledge."
 
Kat laughed, perhaps for the first time she truly laughed. SHe leaned back in her chair and took a long slow drink of her beer. She still watched what was going on around her, but she seemed to be caring less and less, focusing on Thor and enjoying their time together, not thinking about her nerves or how much she didn't trust people. She wanted to just enjoy the night, for once not worry about her past or the trauma she'd endured.
 
He was glad to see her relax visibly, her eyes still darted a bit, loud, sudden sounds got to her, but she was definitely more into relaxing than he thought she would be. Thor motioned for more beer and since no obvious objection came, he relaxed as well and for the first time in years, he spoke.

It wasn't the calming babble he did when she shook like a leaf from a panic attack or nightmare, it wasn't the sharing of information or orders. It was him, telling another person about his life, about his fears and his dreams. It was the kind of talk that friends shared over drink and food. He found that he enjoyed talking with her, even more than he liked talking to himself.
 
Back
Top