Are Your Stories BLIVITS?

NOIRTRASH

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Posts
10,580
A BLIVIT is 10 pounds of shit in 1 9 pound nag. Some call a blivit a fat ugly women with few teeth. But too much shit is the common meaning of the term.

Do you pack too much stuff in your stories?

I do.
 
A BLIVIT is 10 pounds of shit in 1 9 pound nag. Some call a blivit a fat ugly women with few teeth. But too much shit is the common meaning of the term.

Do you pack too much stuff in your stories?

I do.

Waaaaaay to much stuff in my stories, but I love all those little details. Nothing like turning one night of passion into 10 pages of LIT writing. I love it. I'm not sure that its too much shit though, it's just the way I write. Really really detailed with all those thoughts and feelings and emotions. I guess my big flaw is I get a bit repetitive here and there.
 
IRL my style is telegraphic. I get to the point with essential info and little else. Lawyers and judges love my style. Social workers hate it. My initial LIT stories were brief. I notice the best writers avoid digressions, tangential points, and loose associations. But part of me wants to fill a story with related scenes. It adds up.
 
I prefer not to give a lot of physical detail. That allows the reader to picture the characters in a way that is most attractive to them. And I try to avoid long extensive backgrounds. I think you can tell a lot more about a character from dialogues than you can from five pages of personal history. Seriously who cares what highschool she went to and who she dated? one page of good dialogue can tell you far more about her than all that.

Now, it may be that some really like having all those details because they have less imagination to paint their own picture with. So maybe I need to add some shit to mine.
 
Back
Top