Favorite story that was never finished?

If I can offer some advice -- if you are ever unhappy because you aren't writing, you have to make the time. I've heard writers say they've written on trains during their commute, or gotten up two hours earlier just to get writing done before kids are awake. One published author even said that because she couldn't write during her subway rides (she had to stand and hold the strap), she wrote in her head and just typed it all out when she got home.

If you have time to browse a message board, you have time to write. Not shaming you for spending your time here, just pointing out that how you spend your minutes is always a choice.

Since I started writing, every time I visit my family via a 45 minute train ride, I bring my laptop. Even if I only manage to write a couple sentences, it's worth it. Any idle time I have now feels wasted if I'm not writing/brainstorming/outlining... or binge watching Hallmark Movie Channel movies on Saturdays. Because, you know, priorities. :)
 
Party of Five was a very popular series of 20 chapters written by VertigoJ. It was pretty 'rough around the edges' in the first couple of chapters but then developed well, the author was a good story teller. It developed well for almost 20 chapters then suddenly stopped. I suspect that the author ran out of ideas.

Someone else wrote a chapter 21 but made a poor fist of it and did not continue. Unfortunately the original author has never returned after about a ten year absence.

I absolutely loved the three chapters of a series VertigoJ wrote called 'Infatuation', but unfortunately the series was never continued. I suspect it's also a case of the author not knowing how to continue, after finally hinting that the male protagonist's (heretofore unreciprocated) lustful feelings for his older sister might actually have been returned.
 
People yell about unfinished stories but are they really unfinished?

I have stories up that are finished as far as I'm concerned but people yell for more. So who is right, me or them?

Lately I decided to add a chapter or two or even three to a story. So you know what i got for the effort? Absolutely nothing. Crap scores and bullshit comments. Trolls that hide behind anonymous.

And people wonder why authors slow down posting stories or quit altogether. Well, the authors know why but who cares.
 
Unfinished

Story I like to read that are not finished are Arianna chapter 1, Transport Arrowhead, A Bikers Fantasy , and There's more on the inside.
 
Mine would have to be Genie Chronicles by Joe Brolly: https://www.literotica.com/s/genie-chronicles-ch-00-prologue

28 chapters of smoking hot fiction, and then it stops. It's still worth reading even though the story isn't finished, that's how good it is. There's countless spin-offs and similar stories by other authors (some of those unfinished as well), but none match up to the original.

Then again, I'm guilty of this myself, having only just recently come back to a story I left unfinished four years ago...
 
People yell about unfinished stories but are they really unfinished?

I have stories up that are finished as far as I'm concerned but people yell for more. So who is right, me or them?

You are, as far as I'm concerned. I've done a short story where people asked me to write more of it, but it was meant to be self-contained, not the start of some huge story arc. An unfinished story to me is one that didn't reach any sort of conclusion that the author might've planned.
 
Cheating &Rivals

Xleglover's epic story seems to have died this April but is comprehensively an unfinished story. Xleglover does not usually go silent like this so I am truly concerned that we have a problem. Does anyone know anything here? Jef21
 
Back
Top