"Die Trying" (Game Thread)

Move for Adam (at least)

I am going to put the fate of your mission in your own hands. If the next person that you hear speak in RL is female, then you are within earshot and will be able to hear the soldiers talking. If the next person you hear speak is male, not including yourself, haha, then you are not close enough and must get closer, and the risk of getting caught increases. Do you continue to move closer, knowing that the risk is higher? Post and describe as you wish your move and I will post a result at my next opportunity.

Move for Adam

  • I hear a woman's voice. What does she say?
  • What do the soldiers reply?
  • How many Of the soldiers talk on the radio?
  • What if any, instructions are the soldiers given regarding the people in the complex?
  • once the soldiers leave I will wait approximately ten minutes then make my way back out
  • I will try to find Paula again and discuss my findings with her when we are alone.
 
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE HOST:
  • As I have explained in PMs to the current writers, I am sick as a dog with the flu. This is the reason I have not been posting for a couple of days.
  • I am feeling better and will be posting again by the end of the day.
  • I have been reviewing the previously posted Moves/Results, and I realize that having all of that quoted text at the bottom of the messages is confusing and taxing on the mind.
  • I am going back to delete all of the quoted text from the Results I posted for your PCs, as well as the quoted text I posted for my own PC, Howard.
  • I would appreciate if you all would do the same.
  • I have had some prospective writers say that the Game Thread is too confusing and they would not join because of it.
  • I am hoping that by eliminating all of the duplicated/quoted text, we might attract a couple of more writers.
  • I will also be creating a Summary Post to compliment the List of Moves/Results page. My goal is that a prospective Player could read this Summary and feel comfortable with beginning a Game already in process based on the summarized information there.
Anyway, back to sleep.
 
Result for Adam

You can hear voices but only 1 comes through clearly. Ironically it is from the radio, which must be closer to the air vent.

”We need the Doc,” a male voice says with a demanding tone. “She is the only one who can figure these things … these Crazies out. You have to get her here.”

The soldiers below you respond, but it hard for you to make out much. There is obvious concern about getting to whereever the man wants Paula delivered, presumably the Casanova Center.

Only the doctor!” the male voice says in response to a question you didn’t hear. “We don’t need more mouths to feed. Those are your orders.”

There is more discussion, but again you can’t hear but just a few words. It’s obvious that at least one soldier disagrees, but it is impossible to tell which one.

Suddenly, the room below you goes silent.

QUESTION:
  • Why is there silence suddenly…?
  • Did they hear you…? You were still, but … there are trained soldiers.
  • If you stay where you are and they did hear you, chances are you will get found … punished … possibly shot.
  • If they did not hear you, and you try to withdraw, chances are you will again get caught.
  • What do you do? (You don't have to be brief. Describe his emotions, his concerns, whatever.)
 
Result for Adam


QUESTION:
  • Why is there silence suddenly…?
  • Did they hear you…? You were still, but … there are trained soldiers.
  • If you stay where you are and they did hear you, chances are you will get found … punished … possibly shot.
  • If they did not hear you, and you try to withdraw, chances are you will again get caught.
  • What do you do? (You don't have to be brief. Describe his emotions, his concerns, whatever.)

Move for ADAM

  • I hear silence and wait for a little bit starting to get very worried and sweaty. I try not to even breathe heavy fearing that it is going to give me away but I don't move. I am pretty sure that I have done nothing to give myself away and there has to be another explanation for the sudden silence.
  • If the silence drags on I am going to get more nervous and start to panic a bit and sweat a lot more. After all I could not hear the soldiers all that well when they were talking normally and if they are now whispering I am not going to hear them at all. I also didn't hear them enter the room so would not know if they exited it either.
  • If after 3 minutes I had heard nothing I will crawl very slowly towards the vent. Crawling backwards would make too much noise and at least this way I could see what is going on inside the room.
  • What do I see if indeed I make it without being ordered to stop or shot at.
  • If no one is inside the room I will crawl back out of the shaft and proceed as planned trying to meet the Doc and tell her what I have learned.
  • If there is someone below me I will freeze and continue to watch them and find out exactly what it is they are doing.
 
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack.....

Sorry for being absent for the past couple of days. I was miserably sick, as I told you.

It is my intent to get this show back on the road today:
  • I will post a move for each character..
  • I will whittle down the previous posts to make them easier to read for current and future Players.
  • And I will create a new Synopsis page that will allow current and future Players to more easily review things that have happened in the past.
I hope that once I get this all done, everyone will continue to have fun.

BTW, Alice2015 and Aussie_Wolf are engaged in a Scene Thread that takes place a few days or couple of weeks (I'm not sure) ahead of the current time line in the Game Thread. And while I would normally tell you all not to read it until the two time lines meet, I think it would be good for everyone to follow along because it includes some "facts" that will apply to the Game Thread, such as how dogs are affected differently by the virus. This is the link.
 
Result for ADAM
Lane County Mental Health Services building
30 November 2020, late afternoon:


No Sweat! You're antiperspirant won't be tested today!

The men below you begin talking again just as the thermostat in the room turns off the air flow. You are able to clearly here the conversation below.

"Is she worth bringing?" the man on the radio asks.

Laughter.

"She's a sex addict!" a soldier responds, apparently no longer discussing the Doctor Paula. You recognize his voice as belonging to Corporal Rogers, the Soldier who first described to you what's going on out beyond the glass. "So ... yeah! She's worth keeping."

More laughter.

"Bring her," the man on the radio responds. "The others stay behind."

A moment of silence. A soldier asks, "What if we have trouble? They're-- She's not gonna just let us take her and the slut and leave the others."

The man on the radio responds without hesitation. "Deal with it."

Some low mumbling you can't hear is followed by movement and the office door slamming. Apparently they have left...

Your Next Move:
  • Do me a favor and wait.
  • I am going to post Results for all PCs active in the Game Thread within the next hour.
  • I will add a note to the last Result posted that it is time for anyone and everyone to Move.
Remember: No further need to quote the Result to which you are responding in your next move.
 
Result for Mara: (Profile)
  • You do indeed gain NPCs:
    • Rosie: High Loyalty
      • As a sex partner of both an officer and an enlisted man within the National Guard unit, she has knowledge many others do not.
      • She trusts you and does not view your questions/interaction as anything other than true friendship. Good job.
    • Kathy: Above Average Loyalty
      • As a local nurse working for the CDC at Casanova, she has info on the medical situation.
      • As long as she doesn't feel interrogated, she (your Host) will likely answer your questions.
    • How to use your NPCs. (This applies to all Players,)
      • Feel free to ask questions either via Moves or PMs.
      • If it is something you want the other Players to know you asked, ask them in your Moves.
      • If it is something you yourself just want to know just for clarification or for writing a better Move, PM me.
  • You are learning more about the virus. (I don't have time to expand on it right now, nor do you really need to know more at this time. Soon.)
  • 3 men show you attention during the day:
    • One is a Sergeant:
      • He's okay looking, but his personality is questionable.
      • You can tell after just 3 minutes of conversation (and his glances at your bosom) that he just wants to fuck you.
      • Rosie tells you (in private, of course) that he could get you things you need if you fulfill his needs.
      • Rosie volunteers, "I'd fuck him for what he could give me, but then ... I don't need to. I'm getting all I need from my guys."
    • One is a civilian:
      • He's okay looking, too, but his personality is better.
      • He ogles you less, but it's obvious that his attraction is to your body, not your mind.
      • Rosie's opinion: A shrug of the shoulders. "I'd fuck him, but ... he can't give you anything but orgasms."
    • The third is a CDC Nurse:
      • He is better looking than the others with a nice personality.
      • He glances at your body once but doesn't ogle.
      • He shows you respect and kindness.
      • Rosie's opinion: "Probably one of those cuddle in front of the fire after unsatisfactory sex types. But hey, whatever."
  • If you wish to role play a sexual situation with one or more of these men (or even one between Rosie and one of her two men, I'm sure that one of the male Players would be interested. I know that I am. (It can be "today" -- 30 November 2020 -- or in the days to come. If the later, you can start it now and post a link when the time line catches up.)
  • Your day ends while you are sleeping.
    • Your little trip wire trap is set.
    • The door to your bedroom -- a converted Casanova Center office -- opens for a moment.
    • As the light falls upon your face, you awake.
    • You see the silhouette of a man looking in on you.
    • Although he is obviously National Guard, you cannot tell who the man is.
    • After a long moment, he closes the door and you are not disturbed again.
Your next move:
  • Your next posted move should be for the next morning.
  • Please do not post for Mara until I indicate that all PCs have received Results. I want to ensure that we are all at the same place in the time line.
 
Result for Paula and Vicki
Lane County Mental Health Services building
30 November 2020, late afternoon:

  • This Result is in response to both Vicki's Game Thread Post (#42) and the ending of the Scene Thread, "The Shrink and the Aussie".
  • Paula, the psychiatrist, walked in to find Vicki, the sex addict, just pulling up her panties after having let a Soldier fuck her. Paula asks whether Vicki needs a counseling session.
  • Because I want to get all PCs in the same place in the time line, we are going to skip past this encounter in the Game Thread. The two of you are welcome to write this encounter in a Scene Thread if you wish.
  • Let's just say Paula returns to her office and Vicki returns to the exam room that has been serving as her bedroom.
  • Feel free to post a Move if you wish.
  • I have a feeling that Adam is going to want to talk to one or both of the women. Just my guess.
 
Move for Betsy Biggs:

(OOC: Coordinated via PM with TNNG. This is not unauthorized god moding.)

(OOC: As you suggested, I did some online investigating into the hints you sent me via PM. I think what follows is that at which you were hinting. We'll see.)

***************​

Betsy is pleased to finally get someone on her jerry rigged radio. She waves her brother, Andrew, over to sit next to her, then turns the old fashioned headset ear pieces so that each of them can press one to each of their ears.

They listen a moment as the guy again repeats an inquiry about whether or not she can hear him. Betsy asks Andrew, "What should we say?"

"Ask who he is?"

Betsy does, and the man says, "I am Deputy Larson with the Linn County Sheriff's Department. Where are you? Are you safe? Do need assistance?"

"He's a cop," Betsy repeats with excitement. When the younger girls hear her and show their own excitement, she tells them to remain quiet, as they have been for days. She then realizes how the police officer introduced himself and asks, "Who did you say you work for?"

"Linn County Sheriffs Department," he repeats. "If you tell me where you are, we can send help."

Betsy looks to her brother with a concerned look as she continues to ask questions. "Where are you, Deputy?"

"I am at the Linn County Sheriffs sub station near Coburg Road and Willagillespie," the cop says. "Where are you? What is your address? Do you have enough supplies to sustain you ... food, water, first aid?"

Betsy shakes her head lightly to her brother, then asks, "Did you say Linn County?"

The deputy didn't immediately answer. After a moment, he came back on, chuckling, then explaining, "I did but ... I meant to say Lane County. I used to be with the Linn County Sheriffs ... based in Monroe. Sometimes I still make that mistake."

Betsy ensures that the microphone is off and whispers to her brother, "Monroe is not in Linn County. It's in Benton County." She hesitated for a moment, then asked, "And do you remember a substation near our school? Coburg and Willagillespie ... that's just a few blocks from our school."

"What are you saying?" her brother asked.

Betsy shrugged. "I don't believe that this guy is a Sheriff's Deputy. I don't believe he's a cop at all."

Callie, the middle sister, asked quietly, "Why would he lie to us?"

Again Betsy shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe he wants our food."

"We don't have any food," her younger sister said.

"He doesn't know that!" Betsy reminded them.

"What should we do?" Andrew asked.

The cop came back on quickly, asking if she was still there. Betsy hesitated, then answered, "Sorry. Our radio has problems. Give me a moment."

She looked back to Andrew. "I think we need to test him. Maybe ... we give him an address across the street ... see who shows up."

NOTE: Although I have permission for the above dialogue from Andrew, I am leaving his response (and god moding Betsy) to TheNextNewGuy.
 
Move for Andrew Biggs:

(OOC: That was done well, Alice.)

(OOC: For the Street View links below, the Biggs home in the first link is the one with the little camp trailer in the driveway. I wanted you to see the attic window at the end of the house. The second house is the one with the U-Haul trailer in the driveway.)

<<<<<< >>>>>>​

Betsy asks, "What should we say?"

Andrew didn't honestly know how to answer his sister. For days, she had fiddled with that stupid radio, and for days he had quietly shook his head at her, certain that she was wasting her time. But sometimes Andrew forgot just how sharp his sister actually was. He asked more than stated, "Ask who he is?"

The man answered back that he was a Deputy, then asked if they needed assistance. Andrew mumbled to Betsy only, "Duh."

He listened to the exchange between the two without catching the man's mistake.
Betsy suggested that they needed to test the supposed cop. "Maybe ... we give him an address across the street ... see who shows up."

Andrew considered his sister's plan for a moment. He stood and moved to the little window at the end of the attic. He looked out upon the neighborhood but couldn't see much. He nodded his acknowledgment of her idea, then told her, "I'll go down to your bedroom. I can see it from there."

He saw his sister's concern. They hadn't been downstairs for quite a while. He gave her a calming gesture and said, "It'll be alright. I'll be careful."

He stared out upon the neighborhood as he listened to Betsy give the man the Robertson's address across the road. He knew her idea was the best way to go. He didn't like to admit it, but Betsy was smarter than he was. She was a straight A student and involved in some of the academic classes about which most of the popular kids in school made fun. He looked to her again as she finished on the radio and nodded confidently to her.

Okay, Host: What happens?
 
Move for Dr. Paula Davis

Lane County Mental Health Services
November 30, 2020: Afternoon?


(Note: This move takes place between sending Adam off to spy and the spying actually beginning. All of the soldiers have to be in the office, so this can't occur until after the soldier finishes with Vicki.)


After I discover Vicki putting herself back together after fucking one of the Soldiers, I offer to sit down with her and talk about it. I know she has an addiction: I've been treating her for some time.

(OOC: The amount of time is "Vicki's"/Angeleyes1994's choice.)

If she wants to talk, I am compassionate but professional. If she doesn't want to talk, I don't push her. She was a voluntary patient before the virus and could come and go as she pleased. She was never restricted like some mentally ill criminals are.

I am a bit worried about Adam, of course. He is sneaking through an air vent to spy on the Soldiers on my behalf. I wish I could do something to help him, but I know that the best thing I can do is just stay out of the way.

I return to the hallway, looking around for any evidence of the soldier who had been with Vicki. I am alone. Even the grandmother and grandson in the lobby have returned to one of the exam rooms that I made into a bedroom for them.

I return to my office and wait anxiously.
 
Back
Top