Spirit song: the elven wanderer finally has a home.

Ha! I’d completely forgotten about this song - genius!

I don’t dance, shy retiring wall flower and all that... you’ll find me quietly in the corner, propping up the bar, in real life wondering if it’s rude to leave this early. Not in glad’s place though where I am assuming the music isn’t so loud, the shy non-dancer at the bar can’t hear herself think... I sometimes dance alone - but never in company.

You need something to entice the more free spirited ladies to pop in
Hmmm, what do you suggest?

Soft feet lead him out of the inside of his home to watch the last of the sunset. He reflected on the last few days. They had been punctuated by the normal lows, but now the past few days had had several intense high points. He had had more than reason to smile about this weekend so far.

As he sat there he mumbled song lyrics speaking of rebirth, "we'll burn it out a mile wide, when ashes fall the legends rise." A smile crosses his lips. Just a week until that record came out which was just a bonus .

Hiya Glad:rose:,

Sorry I missed you online today. I've had a head made of broken bottles. Too many drinks last night.

I've spent most of the day trying not to move or open my eyes. Great event though. Was real swanky. :D

Uggg:rose:

Hiya Glad:rose:,

Sorry I missed you online today. I've had a head made of broken bottles. Too many drinks last night.

I've spent most of the day trying not to move or open my eyes. Great event though. Was real swanky. :D

Uggg:rose:
Lol did the event go well then?
How were the shoes?

Lol did the event go well then?
How were the shoes?

They needed a dust off before I put them on but for the most part they behaved. The event was fun. Can't really say to much about it in an open thread.

They needed a dust off before I put them on but for the most part they behaved. The event was fun. Can't really say to much about it in an open thread.
No problem. Feel free to whisper me anything you'd like to share anytime my box is always open to you.
Yeah around here I have to wear shoes all the time ;)
Although I wear cowboy boots half the time.

Quality over quantity, gentlemen. ;)

Angelica (the Litster formerly known as Sassenach16) :cattail:
C'mon I thought ladies liked quantity too... it takes forever to get to England in a rowboat....

And who did you bribe to change your name? Didn't know that was possible?

A hem! I'm naked and willing to give free back rubs?

Do you sometimes wonder if you might be trying a bit too hard? ;)

Just kidding, Ruth. You always make me smile. I know that's not as good as a smile from a woman you don't know, but there it is.

C'mon I thought ladies liked quantity too... it takes forever to get to England in a rowboat....
And who did you bribe to change your name? Didn't know that was possible?

Firstly, I didn't say "Quality, not quantity."

Secondly, I'm not sure I agree that the "rowboat", versus, I assume an oceanliner, is truly an example of quantity, but, more accurately, of size and/or power, which are attributes that would contribute to, or detract from, quality. It will still take forever to get to England, whether in one rowboat or ten.

Bribe??? Please my dear. Remember what I said the other day about skills? ;)

Just kidding, Ruth. You always make me smile. I know that's not as good as a smile from a woman you don't know, but there it is.

A smiling woman is always a sight to behold... You never know just what she's thinking:D

*** doesn’t normally do role play - but such an excellent response, AP is buying Angelica a drink :D there are now two of us propping up the bar, unless Angelica is a dancer... ;) ***

*** doesn’t normally do role play - but such an excellent response, AP is buying Angelica a drink :D there are now two of us propping up the bar, unless Angelica is a dancer... ;) ***

Even if she's a dancer then there are still 2 of you. X
And this is no RP this is RL:kiss:

And I think you might claim to not want to dance. But there is something inside that boggies when your tune comes on!
Name your tune. We'll play it on the infinite juke box of YouTube and you'll not be alone!

Firstly, I didn't say "Quality, not quantity."

Secondly, I'm not sure I agree that the "rowboat", versus, I assume an oceanliner, is truly an example of quantity, but, more accurately, of size and/or power, which are attributes that would contribute to, or detract from, quality. It will still take forever to get to England, whether in one rowboat or ten.

Bribe??? Please my dear. Remember what I said the other day about skills? ;)
It was referring to size I was just stretching to make the metaphor which was a steal from a comedian
Lol sorry haha.

Skills hmm, do tell more ;) the people whisperer ;)

While Angelica greatly appreciated Allia's camaraderie and the dram of sweet and smoky single malt, and was a dancer at heart, she sought out the solitude of the waterfall on this sun dappled late afternoon. Her heart and soul were heavy with loss. Miles, best of cats and best of kittens, boon companion of almost 15 years. She raised her glass to his memory. Cantankerous ginger cat, full of opinions, spit, and vinegar. She tried to be thankful that she was able to aid his passing, that he did not have to waste away in pain like so many humans. But her own pain overwhelmed her and the tears ran down her cheeks.

While Angelica greatly appreciated Allia's camaraderie and the dram of sweet and smoky single malt, and was a dancer at heart, she sought out the solitude of the waterfall on this sun dappled late afternoon. Her heart and soul were heavy with loss. Miles, best of cats and best of kittens, boon companion of almost 15 years. She raised her glass to his memory. Cantankerous ginger cat, full of opinions, spit, and vinegar. She tried to be thankful that she was able to aid his passing, that he did not have to waste away in pain like so many humans. But her own pain overwhelmed her and the tears ran down her cheeks.
He materialized from the trees to stand by her side. Fingertips brushing her cheek, coming away with a single tear. He stepped to her side. "I am sorry for your loss," he said softly. The elf did not know the whole story, but he recognized the pain, the loss.

"This is a place where emotions are welcome, and not all emotions are happy," he said softly, "Fear not judgment here." As he spoke one of his hands made small circles on her upper back. Just being there, silently offering his friendship.

He materialized from the trees to stand by her side. Fingertips brushing her cheek, coming away with a single tear. He stepped to her side. "I am sorry for your loss," he said softly. The elf did not know the whole story, but he recognized the pain, the loss.

"This is a place where emotions are welcome, and not all emotions are happy," he said softly, "Fear not judgment here." As he spoke one of his hands made small circles on her upper back. Just being there, silently offering his friendship.

Angelica immediately recognized the gentle touch and soft voice of her elven friend. "Glad. Come sit with me, dear heart." She patted the smooth surface of the large rock where she sat, then wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks. "Thank you for your kind words and for the beauty of this place."

He took a seat as indicated. "It is beautiful. I was hoping it would become a home for me, a place to find piece." He shrugged, "It is starting to I suppose I have always been a wanderer here, spending prescious moments in other's spaces, sharing beautiful moments with them, I hoped to create a space formed of my spirit. Not sure I accomplished that, but we shall see." He flushed a bit, "forgive me for rambling on. "I'm here to support you not ramble."

So sorry lovely, Miles was lucky to have been loved so much, :rose::heart:

He took a seat as indicated. "It is beautiful. I was hoping it would become a home for me, a place to find piece." He shrugged, "It is starting to I suppose I have always been a wanderer here, spending prescious moments in other's spaces, sharing beautiful moments with them, I hoped to create a space formed of my spirit. Not sure I accomplished that, but we shall see." He flushed a bit, "forgive me for rambling on. "I'm here to support you not ramble."

She smiled, slipping her hand into his and squeezing it gently. “I like your ramblings. I knew that spending time here would help me to smile, laugh, and start to find some peace. Sit with me for a little while longer. Then we can go back and make sure Ruth isn’t getting himself into any trouble.”

Back